NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

Trading rooms - regulations ?

Discussion in Trading Reviews and Vendors

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one deaddog with 8 posts (1 thanks)
    2. looks_two syswizard with 6 posts (3 thanks)
    3. looks_3 FuturesTrader71 with 5 posts (29 thanks)
    4. looks_4 rdelrisc with 5 posts (3 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one FuturesTrader71 with 5.8 thanks per post
    2. looks_two Big Mike with 5.7 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 Leon Blokland with 0.8 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 syswizard with 0.5 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 19,249 views
    2. thumb_up 76 thanks given
    3. group 306 followers
    1. forum 76 posts
    2. attach_file 0 attachments

Search this Thread

Trading rooms - regulations ?

forgiven 
Fletcher NC
Market Wizard

Experience: Intermediate
Platform: nijia trader
Broker: A.M.P. I.Q. ....C.Q.G.
Trading: ym es
Frequency: Every few days
Duration: Days
Thanks Given: 287
Thanks Received: 580

trade room...if any of my fellow traders were struggling with there trading and went into some trade room and came out a world class trader that is green every day and now live in Saints Kits , please share with us all the blessed thrill ride.

Follow me on Twitter Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Reply With Quote

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
NT7 Indicator Script Troubleshooting - Camarilla Pivots
NinjaTrader
New Micros: Ultra 10-Year & Ultra T-Bond -- Live Now
Treasury Notes and Bonds
ZombieSqueeze
Platforms and Indicators
Better Renko Gaps
The Elite Circle
Are there any eval firms that allow you to sink to your …
Traders Hideout

Best Threads (Most Thanked)
in the last 7 days on NexusFi
Get funded firms 2023/2024 - Any recommendations or word …
61 thanks
Funded Trader platforms
39 thanks
NexusFi site changelog and issues/problem reporting
26 thanks
Battlestations: Show us your trading desks!
26 thanks
The Program
18 thanks

syswizard 
Philadelphia PA

Experience: Advanced
Platform: Multicharts
Broker: Ironbeam, Rithmic
Trading: Emini ES / NQ / CL / RTY / YM / BTC
Thanks Given: 20
Thanks Received: 146

forgiven View Post
trade room...if any of my fellow traders were struggling with their trading and went into some trade room and came out a world class trader that is green every day and now live in St. Kitts , please share with us all the blessed thrill ride.

AH...FINALLY !!.... a "wise guy" post. I just knew it was coming sooner or later. First of all I corrected your spelling mistakes in your post. Second of all, the original post was looking for information on whether trading rooms were held accountable to any standards or rules. I was specifically looking for rooms that post live results and daily PnL's, that's all. It had nothing to do with whether a room is "green" or not. That wasn't the point.

Started this thread Reply With Quote

Jillzy 
Chicago, IL

Platform: NinjaTrader, Bookmap
Trading: RTY
Thanks Given: 30
Thanks Received: 69

Interesting thread...and yes there is a LOT of crap out there and I've been suckered into some myself in the past (and unfortunately wasted valuable time and money). For the past few weeks, I've been checking out something I found recently and just this week am getting set up with the indicators formally...I do believe it's good, genuine, and trades are shown on screen in real time and also posted in the chat. What is this gem, you ask? PTG, Polaris Trading Group. Still new to me, but so far, I'm quite impressed.

syswizard 
Philadelphia PA

Experience: Advanced
Platform: Multicharts
Broker: Ironbeam, Rithmic
Trading: Emini ES / NQ / CL / RTY / YM / BTC
Thanks Given: 20
Thanks Received: 146

Jillzy View Post
Interesting thread...and yes there is a LOT of crap out there......What is this gem, you ask? PTG, Polaris Trading Group. Still new to me, but so far, I'm quite impressed.

Thanks Jill.....finally some valuable feedback ! It's been weeks now since getting a decent reference.....What are they trading ? Individual stocks or the E-Mini's ?

Quoting 
Daily Trade Strategy Briefing (S&P 500 e-mini (ES) and Nasdaq-100 (NQ) Futures). This daily email report is published "pre-RTH" Session so traders can be prepared and have an actionable trade strategy plan with relevant probability price targets for the current session. This is a recurring subscription $79.95 billed monthly.

Ah....no real-time E-Mini calls. I'm looking for real-time E-Mini trades.

Started this thread Reply With Quote

Jillzy 
Chicago, IL

syswizard View Post
Thanks Jill.....finally some valuable feedback ! It's been weeks now since getting a decent reference.....What are they trading ? Individual stocks or the E-Mini's ?

Ah....no real-time E-Mini calls. I'm looking for real-time E-Mini trades.

No, that morning briefing is different. There is a whole room that goes all day and you do see real time stuff, particularly in the morning. If you want a trial, here is a link (s/b no cc req'd)
Free Trial | Polaris Trading Group for Stocks and Futures Traders

Thanked by:
kriedd
spokane, wa

Thanks Given: 2
Thanks Received: 13

I’m familiar with Polaris, but he doesn’t make any live calls, right? At least, He didn’t used to.

Jillzy 
Chicago, IL

kriedd View Post
I’m familiar with Polaris, but he doesn’t make any live calls, right? At least, He didn’t used to.

Yes...is the short answer. He has spent some years figuring out how to run a room and trade...and realized he was missing his own setups. So he spent quite some effort creating indicators to show setups. And thusly, (is that a word, LOL) many are on screen, real time, live and in color. There are also some auto trading options. I turned on the opening range ones today (in sim, since I'm still getting organized) and 2 of the 3 instruments triggered (sometimes they don't, depending on parameters of risk, etc.) and it happened that both were nicely profitable. As an aside, while working out my charts on my computer, I showed him my Bookmap and (never having seen it before) he started reading it real time virtually trading the heck out of it...he knows his stuff.

Slider 
Amarillo Texas

Platform: ninjatrader
Broker: amp futures/zen-fire
Trading: futures
Thanks Given: 3
Thanks Received: 2

Oriole View Post
Have you had success trading with them and are you "vouching" for them?

Yes sir, I have great success trading with them. I have been with them since 2013. The chat room is free, you should check it out and decide for yourself.

Thanked by:
SunTrader
Boca Raton, FL

Thanks Given: 81
Thanks Received: 182

Artfldgr View Post
I doubt it..
but if you did have that information, you would be able to plot their success...

like the people who are permanent bears, they know eventually they will be right and when they are they play that up... we as humans forget how many times they are wrong... so pundits of this style make a permanent living seeing nothing but doom and gloom, and their desire to earn a living and appear right (rather than be right) has no bearing on their morals of the damage they do keeping people out of the market over the past years

just think... 100$ (100 shares) of McDonalds bougnt through their DRIP funds in the 1970s would have given every person who put that money in, 20 million dollars today for retirmeent if they just left it there...

THATS how damaging the negs are

but if you actually knew the trades and you could plot their successes vs failures and knew the real numbers
what would keep you there?

And then there how many that kept their 401k money in Enron and WorldCom .... till the very end?

Artfldgr
New York + New York / USA

Thanks Given: 2
Thanks Received: 90

SunTrader View Post
And then there how many that kept their 401k money in Enron and WorldCom .... till the very end?

ignore the 30,000 companies to play off of three or four extreme outliers..
problem with enron was that California set up a economics over energy that let enron sell back energy they bought
how normal is that without politics?

ALSO... note that most of those people were not capable of trading their own money..
discount brokers did not exist, and at that time, many if not most, were trusting the professionals they gave permission to trade their accounts...

Enron was 1985..
to even have a broker account required a minimum of 50k...
[the only companies a regular person could afford to get were in DRIPS... where you paid to receive actual shares and hold them yourself...]

According to Gary Gastineau, author of "The Exchange-Traded Funds Manual," the first real attempt at something like an ETF was the launch of Index Participation Shares for the S&P 500 in 1989. - investopedia

Prior to the May Day changes, brokers charged a fixed-rate commission for all traders, with no regard for the size of the trade. Small-time investors paid a high percentage of potential profits in fees and commissions, as total costs could be hundreds of dollars. Brokers risked being expelled if they charged a lower price to investors. // Leading the way was Charles Schwab, who founded his namesake company in 1971. The Charles Schwab Corporation began offering discounted stock trades on May 1, 1975, becoming one of the first discount brokerages. This included lower fees for less investment advice from stock advisors. Other discount brokers started to pop up as a result of the May Day deregulation of commission fees, paving the way for the online discount brokerages we know today.

look at these figures from the 1960s and 1970s
https://babel.hathitrust.org/cgi/pt?id=mdp.39015021301612&view=1up&seq=406

the weekly earnings of an average man was about 155 dollars..

so the people investing in enron were not the average joe that stayed in by any means..

the devil is always in the details...

forgot to mention
It started when Congress passed the Revenue Act of 1978, which included a provision that was added to the Internal Revenue Code — Section 401(k) — that allowed employees to avoid being taxed on deferred compensation.

so very few people had 401k accounts..
VERY few....

Thanked by:

Last Updated on October 1, 2020

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts