NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

Trading rooms - regulations ?

Discussion in Trading Reviews and Vendors

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one deaddog with 8 posts (1 thanks)
    2. looks_two syswizard with 6 posts (3 thanks)
    3. looks_3 FuturesTrader71 with 5 posts (29 thanks)
    4. looks_4 rdelrisc with 5 posts (3 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one FuturesTrader71 with 5.8 thanks per post
    2. looks_two Big Mike with 5.7 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 Leon Blokland with 0.8 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 syswizard with 0.5 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 19,750 views
    2. thumb_up 76 thanks given
    3. group 306 followers
    1. forum 76 posts
    2. attach_file 0 attachments

Search this Thread

Trading rooms - regulations ?

Menaace 
San Fransisco + California

Experience: Advanced
Platform: Tradovate
Trading: Stocks
Thanks Given: 0
Thanks Received: 3

No offense but why are you wanting to start a trade room when you aren’t consistently profitable? That is the problem with this industry actually that so many people do that because they want a “trading business” Honorable you want to be transparent in theory, but ethically why coach people in something you yourself aren’t proven to be good at? You could be doing harm to others and their financial well being even if you mean well.

Thanked by:

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
REcommedations for programming help
Sierra Chart
MC PL editor upgrade
MultiCharts
Pivot Indicator like the old SwingTemp by Big Mike
NinjaTrader
Exit Strategy
NinjaTrader
Better Renko Gaps
The Elite Circle

Best Threads (Most Thanked)
in the last 7 days on NexusFi
Just another trading journal: PA, Wyckoff & Trends
34 thanks
Tao te Trade: way of the WLD
24 thanks
GFIs1 1 DAX trade per day journal
16 thanks
Vinny E-Mini & Algobox Review TRADE ROOM
13 thanks
My NQ Trading Journal
12 thanks
Serho
Germany

Thanks Received: 0

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rdelrisc 
Miami, FL/USA

Platform: TradeStation / NT8
Trading: Currency
Thanks Received: 18

bobwest View Post
Moderator Notice
Moderator Notice

While I understand why it might seem that I was "promoting" a trade room, that was obviously not the intention. As stated "I have been thinking for years", meaning that it is a thought I always had. I was just looking for info on what platforms to use, should I decide to do it, what is it that customers like to see in the room, bottom line, general knowledge of what an honest trading room should be and not someone that is trying to scam people.
Anyways my apologies for giving that impression, but I do have a question, since I was obviously not mentioning any room, how is the mention of other trading rooms as it has been posted in this thread, not "promoting" it?
Just curious.
richard

Thanked by:

bobwest 
Western Florida
Site Moderator

Platform: Sierra Chart
Trading: ES, YM
Frequency: Several times daily
Duration: Minutes
Thanks Given: 57,437
Thanks Received: 26,276

rdelrisc View Post
I do have a question, since I was obviously not mentioning any room, how is the mention of other trading rooms as it has been posted in this thread, not "promoting" it?

rdelrisc View Post
Disclaimer (Just in case this is taken as another promotion): I am NOT promoting any trading room, I DO NOT have a trading room, I DO NOT endorse any trading room. I am JUST expressing my thoughts and gathering (if one can call it that way) preliminary ideas from traders that either use a trading room, do not use a trading room or would like to see a trading room with XYZ characteristics. If I open a trading room, IT WILL NOT BE promoted here. There are more appropriate venues to advertise it. (guess that is more or less all of the disclaimer)

Moderator Notice
Moderator Notice

When one door closes, another opens.
-- Cervantes, Don Quixote
Thanked by:
 rdelrisc 
Miami, FL/USA

bobwest View Post
Moderator Notice
Moderator Notice

Clear. No problem.

Thanked by:
 rdelrisc 
Miami, FL/USA

Menaace View Post
No offense but why are you wanting to start a trade room when you aren’t consistently profitable? That is the problem with this industry actually that so many people do that because they want a “trading business” Honorable you want to be transparent in theory, but ethically why coach people in something you yourself aren’t proven to be good at? You could be doing harm to others and their financial well being even if you mean well.

I answered your question Menaace, but the post was deleted. So for peace sake, I'll leave it as it is. Anyways it is just an idea, that was all.
But your points were valid and there are answers for it.
Take care and good trading
Richard

syswizard 
Philadelphia PA

Platform: Multicharts
Broker: Ironbeam, Rithmic
Trading: Emini ES / NQ / CL / RTY / YM / BTC
Thanks Given: 20
Thanks Received: 146

Wow.....this thread was just decimated by over-moderation IMHO. I was just hoping to get a few references to some decent trading rooms where real trades are shown. Instead, I got one reference. Pathetic.
I think I need to re-post my original post on https://www.elitetrader.com/. Information flow is really crimped on this site.

Started this thread Reply With Quote

Big Mike 
Manta, Ecuador
Site Administrator
Developer
Swing Trader

Platform: Custom solution
Broker: IBKR
Trading: Stocks & Futures
Frequency: Every few days
Duration: Weeks
Thanks Given: 33,212
Thanks Received: 101,599

Good luck distinguishing between all the stealth vendors over there, if you can stand the trolls.

I'm sorry you consider it "over" moderation, but in fact if you poll our members what you'll find is moderation is what sets us apart from other communities like ET -- specifically with regards to vendors, because we stand up and say no, call bs, ban and etc when it comes to fake stealth accounts.

WRT this specific deletion, we have a lot of experience in this area that gives us clear data. With all the best intentions, members offer something initially that later morphs into a commercial business. This causes endless headaches, so after dealing with this countless times we decided long ago to just put a stop to it upfront. Period, the end.

We also don't delete posts where vendors are called out for their bad reputation, even under threat or actual lawsuit (see Amp lawsuit thread, we won 25k later). Other sites delete away because they cave under pressure.

Thank you to @bobwest for taking time to moderate and provide explanation.
syswizard View Post
Wow.....this thread was just decimated by over-moderation IMHO. I was just hoping to get a few references to some decent trading rooms where real trades are shown. Instead, I got one reference. Pathetic.
I think I need to re-post my original post on https://www.elitetrader.com/. Information flow is really crimped on this site.

Sent using the NexusFi mobile app

We're here to help: just ask the community or contact our Help Desk

Quick Links: Change your Username or Register as a Vendor
Searching for trading reviews? Review this list
Lifetime Elite Membership: Sign-up for only $149 USD
Exclusive money saving offers from our Site Sponsors: Browse Offers
Report problems with the site: Using the NexusFi changelog thread
Follow me on Twitter Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Reply With Quote

syswizard 
Philadelphia PA

Platform: Multicharts
Broker: Ironbeam, Rithmic
Trading: Emini ES / NQ / CL / RTY / YM / BTC
Thanks Given: 20
Thanks Received: 146

Big Mike View Post
I'm sorry you consider it "over" moderation, but in fact if you poll our members what you'll find is moderation is what sets us apart from other communities like ET -- specifically with regards to vendors, because we stand up and say no, call bs, ban and etc when it comes to fake stealth accounts.

Mike: Moderation has got it's "price" i.e free information flow. That was so obvious in this thread. I received zero value from it. The intention of the thread was honorable......and there were no obvious trading room vendors posting here either. Your moderators need more rules and less discretion IMHO.

Started this thread Reply With Quote

Big Mike 
Manta, Ecuador
Site Administrator
Developer
Swing Trader

Platform: Custom solution
Broker: IBKR
Trading: Stocks & Futures
Frequency: Every few days
Duration: Weeks
Thanks Given: 33,212
Thanks Received: 101,599

I'm not sure if you meant less rules more discretion, or vice versa...? But just to let everyone know, we discuss most issues like this as a team on Slack prior to taking action, to get multiple perspectives covered.

Anyway, I learned years ago it's impossible to make everyone happy. Instead, we do what we think is best for the community as a whole.

There is a lot of value in the thread. The take away could be summarized in my opinion: no regulation prevents live cash trades, most rooms are a complete joke and take advantage of rookie traders, most traders still fall for concepts like "if we don't make xyz(cost of room) then you don't pay", which is complete BS in real world and falls into post-analysis hindsight 20/20 category. A real brokerage statement is more valuable but even then not a perfect picture by any means.

Let's do this: if you or anyone else wants to continue the conversation on moderation, please create a new thread so we stop deviating off-topic here.

Have a good weekend.
syswizard View Post
Mike: Moderation has got it's "price" i.e free information flow. That was so obvious in this thread. I received zero value from it. The intention of the thread was honorable......and there were no obvious trading room vendors posting here either. Your moderators need more rules and less discretion IMHO.

Sent using the NexusFi mobile app

We're here to help: just ask the community or contact our Help Desk

Quick Links: Change your Username or Register as a Vendor
Searching for trading reviews? Review this list
Lifetime Elite Membership: Sign-up for only $149 USD
Exclusive money saving offers from our Site Sponsors: Browse Offers
Report problems with the site: Using the NexusFi changelog thread
Follow me on Twitter Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Reply With Quote
Thanked by:

Last Updated on October 1, 2020

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts