NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

Orderflow ES chat rooms

Discussion in Trading Reviews and Vendors

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one phantomtrader with 13 posts (18 thanks)
    2. looks_two Volt with 7 posts (18 thanks)
    3. looks_3 Meklon with 6 posts (16 thanks)
    4. looks_4 Artfldgr with 6 posts (3 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one GoldLinx with 26 thanks per post
    2. looks_two Meklon with 2.7 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 Volt with 2.6 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 phantomtrader with 1.4 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 44,848 views
    2. thumb_up 225 thanks given
    3. group 535 followers
    1. forum 116 posts
    2. attach_file 11 attachments

Search this Thread

Orderflow ES chat rooms

Volt 
Whitehall, NY

Experience: Advanced
Platform: TOS, Market Delta
Broker: Infinity, TOS, IB
Trading: es
Thanks Given: 125
Thanks Received: 395

I'm not sure where to post this but there is so much info on here about order flow but I have yet to find any chat rooms that are analyzing it in real time with much success. Most all speak in generalities or after the fact screen shots. So is there ANYONE who markets education ( Especially for the ES) that can actually trade with orderflow and shows you real time results? I'm not interested in excuses or stories about why this can't be done or it's an art form or blah, blah, blah. I'm looking for someone who actually gets results. Pretty dots and imbalances are cool to see but I'd rather see results and dollar signs. If there is a thread that speaks directly to my inquiry then please direct me there and I apologize for wasting time and causing others effort. It's frustrating to see vendor after vendor pop up without any kind of tradeable track record... I think it's time to crack down and sift through to get to what is real. All this stuff reminds me of the old gold rush stories....You're gonna get rich by finding gold but the real money was made by those selling the tools and supplies to those trying to find the gold. Sorry that this probably comes off as offensive and some vendors may get defensive but let's see some real results from the people peddling the product as the trades unfold.

Volt

Started this thread Reply With Quote

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
ZombieSqueeze
Platforms and Indicators
Better Renko Gaps
The Elite Circle
Deepmoney LLM
Elite Quantitative GenAI/LLM
Futures True Range Report
The Elite Circle
NexusFi Journal Challenge - April 2024
Feedback and Announcements

Best Threads (Most Thanked)
in the last 7 days on NexusFi
Get funded firms 2023/2024 - Any recommendations or word …
61 thanks
Funded Trader platforms
39 thanks
NexusFi site changelog and issues/problem reporting
26 thanks
The Program
18 thanks
Battlestations: Show us your trading desks!
18 thanks
lightsun47
Toronto, Canada

Thanks Given: 492
Thanks Received: 296

I second this.

Sent using the NexusFi mobile app

trendisyourfriend 
Quebec Canada
Market Wizard

Experience: Intermediate
Platform: NinjaTrader
Broker: AMP/CQG
Trading: ES, NQ, YM
Frequency: Daily
Duration: Minutes
Thanks Given: 4,171
Thanks Received: 6,018

Higher High, Higher Low = order flow is long
Lower High Lower Low = order flow is short.

Is that short and sweet enough?

lightsun47
Toronto, Canada

Thanks Given: 492
Thanks Received: 296

Muhaha. I wish it was that easy!

On a side note, I had tried Bob's Veritas Futures trading room for a month. He uses order flow to trade. He does show his DOM with live account each time he takes trades. He trades like 20 instruments. The only problem was, when he would get in after buyers / sellers stack and imbalance gets created, he would start 'hoping' the trade worked, especially after it started to lose the grip. This in my mind is not a good thing because hope doesn't work here. Only your edge works.

Right @trendisyourfriend?

Volt 
Whitehall, NY

Platform: TOS, Market Delta
Broker: Infinity, TOS, IB
Trading: es
Thanks Given: 125
Thanks Received: 395

you don't mention an answer to my questions but your answer says it all I guess! They just don't exist and all this orderflow talk and tape reading, footprints, bookmap, jigsaw etc , etc is just a mirage......more snake oil.....funny how there is no shortage of people that buy into it without any trade results.
trendisyourfriend View Post

Started this thread Reply With Quote

Big Mike 
Manta, Ecuador
Site Administrator
Developer
Swing Trader

Platform: Custom solution
Broker: IBKR
Trading: Stocks & Futures
Frequency: Every few days
Duration: Weeks
Thanks Given: 33,172
Thanks Received: 101,537

Nice to see you back
trendisyourfriend View Post

We're here to help: just ask the community or contact our Help Desk

Quick Links: Change your Username or Register as a Vendor
Searching for trading reviews? Review this list
Lifetime Elite Membership: Sign-up for only $149 USD
Exclusive money saving offers from our Site Sponsors: Browse Offers
Report problems with the site: Using the NexusFi changelog thread
Follow me on Twitter Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Reply With Quote
 a1imran 
New York

Platform: mt4
Trading: gold
Thanks Given: 1
Thanks Received: 3

Great

Thanked by:

GoldLinx 
New York City, NY

Experience: Intermediate
Platform: TOS
Trading: ES, Stocks
Thanks Given: 6
Thanks Received: 107

The difficulty in "teaching" orderflow is similar to trying to write a book about how to play football.

Obviously in football there are plays (setups if you will), formations (chart patterns), and an overall game-plan (perhaps higher time-frame context). But if you have ever played a sport, you know, that is not how the game is played. There are numerous variables and factors at play when between the whistle.

So how would you go about teaching a football player, how to build his intuition during the game and amidst a particular play? Having played sports at a high level myself, I can tell you that game experience is really the differentiation when it comes to on-field intuition. In sports you build subconscious pattern recognition, over hundreds to thousands of hours. The best players in the world are not only talented physically, but talented in terms of availability of their focus. Is it crazy to think trading is similar?

Orderflow is NOT a setup, its a read. Again to make a football example, the PLAY is the setup, order flow is when the QB looks at the free-safety in the middle of the field and knows he wants to throw the out route. But remember, no team sends a QB in and says make up a play based on what you feel like the defense is about to do.

Even the people I know scalping for ticks, still have some sort of pattern they use or will only be involved during the highest volume times etc. There is no system where you just pick inflections in the market over and over again all day at will. Even the oh so scary "algos" are not doing that.

To answer your question about Order Flow vendors, honestly most educational sales people go the route of teaching chart patterns and indicators. Because it's so simple that everyone believes they can pick it up tomorrow and make money. It's not as lucrative to tell someone they will need to watch the market for months without impulsively entering the trades just so "see" if perhaps they've developed a very small edge.

Volt View Post
you don't mention an answer to my questions but your answer says it all I guess! They just don't exist and all this orderflow talk and tape reading, footprints, bookmap, jigsaw etc , etc is just a mirage......more snake oil.....funny how there is no shortage of people that buy into it without any trade results.

With that being said, several of these tools you've listed I have personally used with success.

First, "tape reading" which is absolutely not "snake oil" and also completely free for you to begin looking at, is just observing the DOM and Time&Sales at these potentioal inflection points that you should have outlined in your pre-market.

I personally use Footprint charts as my PRIMARY source of analysis intraday. I also use bookmap, but honestly, I'm pretty confident I could execute my edge with just the footprint chart, volume profile, and regular candle stick charts. With no other tools or indicators or anything on my charts.

Also, I can confidently recommend the Footprint course, by Barrett Brannigan from Axia Futures. In fact, Axia Futures puts out enough free content on YouTube you could become pretty dangerous with just that alone. Additionally, I can't say definitively that Peter Davies at Jigsaw makes money trading the markets, but he sounds legit enough to me that you could definitely grab some ideas from him for you to test out yourself. I wouldn't worry so much on someone's exact profitability, more on their overall reputation and longevity in the game. Watch people's free content, if you have marinated on that for a month or two and still like what you see, then perhaps consider the purchase of a course. Even when getting ideas from a profitable trader, you will most likely not be able to trade them in the same nuanced way, take other's setups and dress them with your own rules and parameters, test that on sim, make tweaks, test it live, make tweaks.

Honestly man, orderflow is a tough one and if you want to learn it you will probably need to be content with piecing together information from several sources and learning based on your own experiences. But hey, that's actually trading.

tgiann3 
Jacksonville

Experience: None
Platform: Charles Schwab
Trading: SSF
Thanks Given: 3
Thanks Received: 8

Ross from Warrior trading records some of his trades so you can see t&s & L2 but it’s pretty hard to see bc it’s so small. Personally, and I’ve been doing this less time than others, I feel this is the exact reason for simulator time. At first it may seem like a mystery but over time, especially if you’ve gotten some sort of primer on it, it becomes self explanatory

Best of luck

Last Updated on October 11, 2020

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts