NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

Orderflow ES chat rooms

Discussion in Trading Reviews and Vendors

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one phantomtrader with 13 posts (18 thanks)
    2. looks_two Volt with 7 posts (18 thanks)
    3. looks_3 Meklon with 6 posts (16 thanks)
    4. looks_4 Artfldgr with 6 posts (3 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one GoldLinx with 26 thanks per post
    2. looks_two Meklon with 2.7 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 Volt with 2.6 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 phantomtrader with 1.4 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 44,848 views
    2. thumb_up 225 thanks given
    3. group 535 followers
    1. forum 116 posts
    2. attach_file 11 attachments

Search this Thread

Orderflow ES chat rooms

Meklon 
New York, USA

Experience: Advanced
Platform: Sierra Chart
Trading: RTY, ES, YM, NQ, CL, NG, GC, HG
Thanks Given: 53
Thanks Received: 197

Volt View Post
This is my third post on this thread so I'm not sure where you are coming up with a " few follow ups" ? Makes no sense to me and you've gone on and didn't answer my question...so just keep that magical, mystical chat room to your self. It's seems like it may be you that has the attitude problem with your reply. Very strange and out of line.

There you go...another outburst...as expected. All that while people with experience trying (calmly and patiently) to open your blinded vision and explain to you that your entire concept of approaching this task (learning to trade) is WRONG.

No trading room or a mentor will help you. Keep demanding what you do and what don't want. Good luck.

Mek.

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
NexusFi Journal Challenge - April 2024
Feedback and Announcements
New Micros: Ultra 10-Year & Ultra T-Bond -- Live Now
Treasury Notes and Bonds
Exit Strategy
NinjaTrader
ZombieSqueeze
Platforms and Indicators
The space time continuum and the dynamics of a financial …
Emini and Emicro Index

Meklon 
New York, USA

Trading: RTY, ES, YM, NQ, CL, NG, GC, HG
Thanks Given: 53
Thanks Received: 197

joe s View Post
I have seen a lot of people in trade rooms and chat rooms asking the vendor if they can change this or that on the system they are looking at that's the problem they cant follow the rules of the system. they probably don't even have the discipline to follow their own rules and have no money management. then they want to blame the vendors system because they cant make money and claim all vendor's are bad true most are but their are a lot of good ones that have some good information.I have learned a lot over the years and used some of the info from these traders. I think if you look into the mirror you will see the problem once you fix that first then you can learn and become a profitable trader

SPOT ON Joe!

But be carefull...this guy is really sensitive to constructive criticism...LOL

Thanked by:

bobwest 
Western Florida
Site Moderator

Trading: ES, YM
Frequency: Several times daily
Duration: Minutes
Thanks Given: 57,341
Thanks Received: 26,267

Moderator Notice
Moderator Notice

When one door closes, another opens.
-- Cervantes, Don Quixote

phantomtrader 
Reno, Nevada
Legendary Market Wizard

Platform: NinjaTrader
Trading: ZN, ZB, CL
Frequency: Daily
Duration: Minutes
Thanks Given: 217
Thanks Received: 984

SunTrader View Post
Just my further and last 2 cents on the matter, but I would find that useless without the actual transaction times. I track stats such as enter/exit times but even if I didn't I would still need to know did I put a trade on near the open, later in the morning, after lunch or at the close? And finally I consider time more important than price (definitely in the minority here) in market analysis. Oh well.

I don't know what you're not seeing but the time stamps are clearly listed on the spreadsheet - that's PST time.

You may have never traded a live account. But when you do, your report and your brokerage statement will clearly list time stamps with an ID number. I removed the ID numbers from the spreadsheet but the time stamps are clearly there.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	zb.JPG
Views:	285
Size:	168.9 KB
ID:	287170  
Thanked by:
 Vogie 
Chicago, IL USA

Experience: Beginner
Platform: Stage 5, Jigsaw
Trading: ES
Thanks Given: 4
Thanks Received: 5

I have been using the Jigsaw DOM and reconstructed tape for awhile now. Peter has a great deal of valuable training videos that gave me a clear way to understand what I was looking at and how to use it. I also did the NO BS Trading training and found that helpful as well but it is on treasuries not the ES. Hope that helps.

Thanked by:

josh 
Georgia, US
Legendary Market Wizard

Experience: None
Platform: SC
Broker: Denali+Rithmic
Trading: ES, NQ, YM
Thanks Given: 6,752
Thanks Received: 18,136

Everyone,

1) Do an honest self-appraisal here. Are you being argumentative, passive-aggressive, or disrespectful in your tone? Take an opportunity to grow and rise above the nonsense being thrown around on this thread. Would you behave that way on a trading floor, in person, among other people?

2) You can NOT verify someone else's trading track record. It's very simple: open two accounts, trade the opposite position in each one every day, show the statement that was profitable for the day, redacting the account number. Easy. End of story. If I wanted to hide something from my wife, I could. You think someone you don't even know can't hide something from you? Wake up. When I was a newb on this site back in 2011, I asked @Big Mike something similar about a video .. "is it real?" I asked. He responded: "I don't have time for this, and it doesn't matter" ... boy, was he right, and boy, was I chasing my tail!

3) Which leads us to ... why do you even care? Stop worrying about other people's trading, what they do, their track record, and all of the other stupid shit that has been throw around out here. Start thinking for yourself. Borrow ideas, formulate your own view of the market, and learn to take calculated risk. That's all there is to it. Don't look up 5 years from now and find that you're still trying to decipher what someone else does.

4) There are a few people who I look to for ideas which helps me to improve my trading. I don't trust them with my life, I wouldn't turn over the creds to my trading account to them, and I wouldn't give them the keys to my house. But I trust myself enough to filter out good ideas and give things a try. Could any of these people go to jail tomorrow for fraud? Sure. Would I care? Nope. I don't lean on them, give them god-like status, or become disciples who parrot their language and try to be carbon copy clones. I suggest you find people like this who have what you consider to be viable ideas, and explore them yourself.

Appendix 1) There seems to be some myth that "institutional money" always wins. According to this article, hedge funds underperformed the market by about 300% during 2019, with funds closing all over the place. Einhorn is probably still short TSLA and NFLX and he's down 7% in one month! If I see one more post about "institutional money" when the poster clearly has zero clues, I'll ... well, not be surprised.

mayazoro 
tucson

Platform: Sierra Charts , Sceeto andTOS
Broker: AMP-Rithmic
Thanks Given: 3
Thanks Received: 36

Orderflow ES chat rooms
I'm not sure where to post this but there is so much info on here about order flow but I have yet to find any chat rooms that are analyzing it in real time with much success. Most all speak in generalities or after the fact screen shots. So is there ANYONE who markets education ( Especially for the ES) that can actually trade with orderflow and shows you real time results? I'm not interested in excuses or stories about why this can't be done or it's an art form or blah, blah, blah. I'm looking for someone who actually gets results. Pretty dots and imbalances are cool to see but I'd rather see results and dollar signs. If there is a thread that speaks directly to my inquiry then please direct me there and I apologize for wasting time and causing others effort. It's frustrating to see vendor after vendor pop up without any kind of tradeable track record... I think it's time to crack down and sift through to get to what is real. All this stuff reminds me of the old gold rush stories....You're gonna get rich by finding gold but the real money was made by those selling the tools and supplies to those trying to find the gold. Sorry that this probably comes off as offensive and some vendors may get defensive but let's see some real results from the people peddling the product as the trades unfold.

Volt

Volt no one will show you his trading account that why they are teaching, I am not saying that his or her teaching are not good, it can be that they know how to analyse the market , find a good set ups and teach you good order flow but they can not make money trading, so they go where the easy money is, where a lot of demand is, since 98 percent loose money, that a lot of clients, that a very attractive market with infinity supply

Thanked by:
 Volt 
Whitehall, NY

Platform: TOS, Market Delta
Broker: Infinity, TOS, IB
Trading: es
Thanks Given: 125
Thanks Received: 395

Very well said Josh and let me add the old saying " Treat others as you would like to be treated". The world and forum discussions would be a much better place. Unfortunately there will always be those that try to push peoples buttons but we have great moderators here to keep those kinds of people in line!

josh View Post
Everyone,

1) Do an honest self-appraisal here. Are you being argumentative, passive-aggressive, or disrespectful in your tone? Take an opportunity to grow and rise above the nonsense being thrown around on this thread. Would you behave that way on a trading floor, in person, among other people?

Started this thread Reply With Quote
Thanked by:
 mayazoro 
tucson

Platform: Sierra Charts , Sceeto andTOS
Broker: AMP-Rithmic
Thanks Given: 3
Thanks Received: 36

Orderflow ES chat rooms
I'm not sure where to post this but there is so much info on here about order flow but I have yet to find any chat rooms that are analyzing it in real time with much success. Most all speak in generalities or after the fact screen shots. So is there ANYONE who markets education ( Especially for the ES) that can actually trade with orderflow and shows you real time results? I'm not interested in excuses or stories about why this can't be done or it's an art form or blah, blah, blah. I'm looking for someone who actually gets results. Pretty dots and imbalances are cool to see but I'd rather see results and dollar signs. If there is a thread that speaks directly to my inquiry then please direct me there and I apologize for wasting time and causing others effort. It's frustrating to see vendor after vendor pop up without any kind of tradeable track record... I think it's time to crack down and sift through to get to what is real. All this stuff reminds me of the old gold rush stories....You're gonna get rich by finding gold but the real money was made by those selling the tools and supplies to those trying to find the gold. Sorry that this probably comes off as offensive and some vendors may get defensive but let's see some real results from the people peddling the product as the trades unfold.

Volt

Actually Volt your post is one of the best post in this forum , right to the center of the vortex

Thanked by:
 Volt 
Whitehall, NY

Platform: TOS, Market Delta
Broker: Infinity, TOS, IB
Trading: es
Thanks Given: 125
Thanks Received: 395

Thanks! I was merely trying to find out if any rooms existed. Somehow this got taken off track that I was looking for training.This isn't the case. So far the bottom line seems to be that NONE actually exist for the ES but I will follow through and contact the suggestions made on this thread. I went back and read my first post and I can understand how it might possibly be misconstrued. It certainly has brought out some very interesting and diverse responses. If I find one that actually does what I asked in post one then I will report back to the forum. Till then I will assume, like I have for years that many who are marketing order flow cannot or will not prove they are actually trading. That's fine as long as they don't imply they actually are trading real money. I realize order flow is one of many tools to use in trading. The key is to find those tools/setups that suit your personality and comfort zone but that is a subject that we are lucky enough to have plenty of threads about on Futures I/O.

mayazoro View Post
Orderflow ES chat rooms

Volt

Volt no one will show you his trading account that why they are teaching, I am not saying that his or her teaching are not good, it can be that they know how to analyse the market , find a good set ups and teach you good order flow but they can not make money trading, so they go where the easy money is, where a lot of demand is, since 98 percent loose money, that a lot of clients, that a very attractive market with infinity supply

Started this thread Reply With Quote
Thanked by:

Last Updated on October 11, 2020

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts