NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

Automating 'Market Making Scalping Manual" by Gary Norden or "NoBSDayTrading"

Discussion in Traders Hideout

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one matthew28 with 13 posts (27 thanks)
    2. looks_two swisstrader321 with 8 posts (16 thanks)
    3. looks_3 SpeculatorSeth with 7 posts (11 thanks)
    4. looks_4 MichaelFlowTrader with 6 posts (10 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one GinTrader with 12 thanks per post
    2. looks_two Rupkali with 2.6 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 matthew28 with 2.1 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 swisstrader321 with 2 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 35,665 views
    2. thumb_up 138 thanks given
    3. group 43 followers
    1. forum 71 posts
    2. attach_file 4 attachments

Search this Thread

Automating 'Market Making Scalping Manual" by Gary Norden or "NoBSDayTrading"

Big Mike 
Manta, Ecuador
Site Administrator
Developer
Swing Trader

Experience: Advanced
Platform: Custom solution
Broker: IBKR
Trading: Stocks & Futures
Frequency: Every few days
Duration: Weeks
Thanks Given: 33,239
Thanks Received: 101,661

swisstrader321 View Post
It's a shame that we cannot discuss about so called "vendors" here openly. I have been a member since 2012 and I have to say, things have changed. I understand that futures.io has sponsors that pay a fee, but we traders and members should be able to speak freely and openly about any vendor, regardless if they sponsor this forum or not.

I believe anyone selling any product should have to prove that they can implement it themselves before asking people to dish out 1k.

I am suspicious of anyone who has to flash their floor badge or just display it in the background. My father has also been a trader since the 70's, but I've seen him lose as well as win multiple 6 figures. I surely wouldn't follow his advice blindly. He also has a jacket from chicago. I should sell a course too. Fade my father course only 2k, of course with NDA.

I think norden doesn't trade his own acct for a living and I bet Davies from Jigsaw lives quite nicely in Thailand, just form royalties made by his software.

Would you please spell out in detail what you are trying to say? What makes you think you can't have a discussion? Or "openly"? What exactly are you saying? Out with it in detail and specifics.

We're here to help: just ask the community or contact our Help Desk

Quick Links: Change your Username or Register as a Vendor
Searching for trading reviews? Review this list
Lifetime Elite Membership: Sign-up for only $149 USD
Exclusive money saving offers from our Site Sponsors: Browse Offers
Report problems with the site: Using the NexusFi changelog thread
Follow me on Twitter Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Reply With Quote
Thanked by:

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
Quant vue
Trading Reviews and Vendors
What broker to use for trading palladium futures
Commodities
MC PL editor upgrade
MultiCharts
Pivot Indicator like the old SwingTemp by Big Mike
NinjaTrader
Trade idea based off three indicators.
Traders Hideout

swisstrader321 
Zurich

Platform: IB
Trading: Futures
Thanks Given: 31
Thanks Received: 21

Big Mike View Post
Would you please spell out in detail what you are trying to say? What makes you think you can't have a discussion? Or "openly"? What exactly are you saying? Out with it in detail and specifics.

Maybe I'm wrong, but I feel that any vendor should be able to be openly ridiculed if they are selling an e-book for this amount of money. Regardless of an NDA. More in the lines of guilty until proven innocent. Norden was selling his scalping mentoring for 7k, which I'm sure was a bit too much and he realized this too. Now he threw out some bait for 1k.

I joined BMT back in the day because this was the one place we could speak (I mostly read) about dishonest vendors.

Now Norden has teamed up with Jigsaw, which is a sponsor of futures.io

I think this is leading people in the wrong direction, albeit not directly through futures.io, but through a sponsor or trusted vendor

Thanked by:

Big Mike 
Manta, Ecuador
Site Administrator
Developer
Swing Trader

swisstrader321 View Post
Maybe I'm wrong, but I feel that any vendor should be able to be openly ridiculed if they are selling an e-book for this amount of money. Regardless of an NDA. More in the lines of guilty until proven innocent. Norden was selling his scalping mentoring for 7k, which I'm sure was a bit too much and he realized this too. Now he threw out some bait for 1k.

I joined BMT back in the day because this was the one place we could speak (I mostly read) about dishonest vendors.

Now Norden has teamed up with Jigsaw, which is a sponsor of futures.io

I think this is leading people in the wrong direction, albeit not directly through futures.io, but through a sponsor or trusted vendor

What gave you the impression they can't be? I'm asking specifically, why are you saying you can't, can't be open, things have changed, etc

I'll ask again, please spell out exactly why you say such a thing and I want specific details to understand why you are making such claims. Catch me up. Because it sounds like your making a statement that you can't do something, or something has changed.

Waiting for all the details and explanation.

Thx

Thanked by:

wldman 
Chicago Illinois USA
Legendary Market Wizard

Broker: IB, ToS
Trading: /ES, US Equities/Options
Frequency: Several times daily
Duration: Hours
Thanks Given: 2,066
Thanks Received: 9,556

Good grief man.

Remarkable.

Big Mike View Post
What gave you the impression they can't be? I'm asking specifically, why are you saying you can't, can't be open, things have changed, etc

I'll ask again, please spell out exactly why you say such a thing and I want specific details to understand why you are making such claims. Catch me up. Because it sounds like your making a statement that you can't do something, or something has changed.

Waiting for all the details and explanation.

Thx

Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Reply With Quote
Thanked by:

Big Mike 
Manta, Ecuador
Site Administrator
Developer
Swing Trader

wldman View Post
Good grief man.

Remarkable.

I clearly missed something? Just asking to be filled in.

Thanked by:

wldman 
Chicago Illinois USA
Legendary Market Wizard

Broker: IB, ToS
Trading: /ES, US Equities/Options
Frequency: Several times daily
Duration: Hours
Thanks Given: 2,066
Thanks Received: 9,556

I don't think you missed anything Mike.

I'm sorry that you have to "deal" with all the distractions associated with a first class forum.

My personal experience here has always been that if I feel I need to fire away at something, I do it and if I am out of line, I accept that and take my seat. But complaining that you cant complain if you feel a legit transgression has occurred, well that is insane.

To imply that a standard here has gone down or that you abdicate the immense responsibility for policing content or behavior...that is insane.

You are awesome and you do a huge service to a wide and deep range of people. Thank you Mike.

-Dan

Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Reply With Quote
Thanked by:
 swisstrader321 
Zurich

Big Mike View Post
I clearly missed something? Just asking to be filled in.

TWDsje View Post
I don't think it has to be so complicated guys. If you see someone with a differing view on the course then message them or set up a skype session to understand why you see things differently. Different traders have differing experience and views on the market. I'm quite surprised to see such differing opinions on the course because everything I've seen from Gary was rock solid, and I've based a lot of my trading philosophy on it. So I can only assume that difference is coming down to those personal perspectives, and the only way to decipher this for those on the outside is if you guys talk to each other to see why your views differ.

I suppose the only way to truly satisfy my curiosity would be to buy it myself, but I've always advocated that people should be very careful about spending very much on trading education. I'm not going to drop a grand on a course just because I like the author, especially when some are saying that it probably wouldn't be new material to me. I know this probably seems like way too much effort to put into researching a course, but it's kind of killing me. So if anyone gets together or can provide more information to help us determine how much value the course would have to us I'd appreciate it.

I'm quoting speculator seth here. I just feel that people are afraid that if they speak out openly they will be penalized by Jigsaw which happens to be a trusted vendor here.

You are implying that I am wrong, which I hope I am.

Thanked by:
 SpeculatorSeth   is a Vendor

Thanks Given: 22
Thanks Received: 1,018

Nah I don't think that anyone is afraid to speak up. I've only seen a few comments from people that actually bought the course, and they aren't very conclusive. I think the issue here is really that not very many people have taken the course. Of course it doesn't help that everyone seems to have an opinion on it whether or not they know what is actually in it.

I know that for me with my YouTube channel I have the ability to partner with whoever I want. I'm all about growing the community so I'm willing to associate with everyone as long as they are offering a legitimate product. If a vendor decides to do something shady then there's plenty of competitors to work with. Plus I think most know I'm pretty strong headed and simply can't keep myself quiet if I see something I disagree with. And I can assure you its the same thing with this forum in general. If Mike can defend a lawsuit against one of the most popular futures brokers then I don't think you really have to worry about his independence from vendors.

That doesn't mean anything about the course. Maybe it's the case that it is lacking. If that ends up being the consensus from the students who actually took the course then that's something I'm sure Pete and Gary would rectify. Sometimes you make content that just isn't as good as you thought it was, and you have to take another crack at it. Right now though I really don't think we have enough info to say how much value it has. That's why I'm trying to squeeze more info out of the people that actually took the course.

Thanked by:

matthew28 
United Kingdom
Elite_Member

Experience: Beginner
Platform: Bookmap
Broker: Stage 5, Rithmic
Trading: US Equity Index Futures
Thanks Given: 3,500
Thanks Received: 2,532

xplorer View Post
Hi swisstrader321

About the quoted paragraph above, if I were to interpret what you wrote, it sounds like users are being gagged when it comes to discussing sponsors.

Have I interpreted the quote above correctly? If so, do you have examples you can share of any such behaviour?

Big Mike View Post

The Jigsaw website signup page for the Market Making Scalping Manual clearly states "It's also fine to discuss your opinions of the course, but not the content itself"

https://members.jigsawtrading.com/signup/MarketMaker

Anybody who doesn't feel "safe" talking about their opinion of Norden's book should clarify the NDA terms with Jigsaw as stated.

And clearly any suggestion that nexusfi.com can be sued if somebody writes a negative opinion of the manual is rubbish. If somebody wants to comment on the product they should be fine as long as they don't go in to detail about the contents itself.

I looked at the Elite Trader website thread on the previous page and there is a lot of negative opinion there. Peter (Jigsaw) points out that quite a few comments seem to be from people that haven't actually read the manual (the same as this thread), but at no point does he even suggest that the people who have actually purchased it aren't allowed to give their opinions on its value.

I have bought the manual and happily accept the NDA. I have made a couple of comments, but in the same way I know that I am free to write my opinion on the product if I want, I also know I have no obligation to give up my time writing positive reviews to try and convince doubters that they should purchase it.

(I have no connection to any company, but I see a few posts with what I believe are incorrect interpretation of the NDA. Therefore replying simply to post a relevant page link if it might be useful to Mike and Xplorer as unless people have clicked through the Jigsaw page purchase link they won't have seen the following page with more detail of the NDA terms).

You do not win as a trader, you just get to play again the next day. If that game doesn’t appeal to you then you should not trade. Gary Norden
Thanked by:
 swisstrader321 
Zurich

matthew28 View Post
I have bought the manual and happily accept the NDA. I have made a couple of comments, but in the same way I know that I am free to write my opinion on the product if I want, I also know I have no obligation to give up my time writing positive reviews to try and convince doubters that they should purchase it

Matthew, Have you been able to make your 1k back that you spent on the manual, using the techniques that Norden sells?

Thanked by:

Last Updated on May 4, 2023

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts