NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

Automating 'Market Making Scalping Manual" by Gary Norden or "NoBSDayTrading"

Discussion in Traders Hideout

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one matthew28 with 13 posts (27 thanks)
    2. looks_two swisstrader321 with 8 posts (16 thanks)
    3. looks_3 SpeculatorSeth with 7 posts (11 thanks)
    4. looks_4 MichaelFlowTrader with 6 posts (10 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one GinTrader with 12 thanks per post
    2. looks_two Rupkali with 2.6 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 matthew28 with 2.1 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 swisstrader321 with 2 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 35,573 views
    2. thumb_up 138 thanks given
    3. group 43 followers
    1. forum 71 posts
    2. attach_file 4 attachments

Search this Thread

Automating 'Market Making Scalping Manual" by Gary Norden or "NoBSDayTrading"

MichaelFlowTrader
Atlanta

Thanks Given: 43
Thanks Received: 120

TWDsje View Post
What we need is for you guys that bought the course but disagree on it's worth it to get together privately to discuss specifics. Maybe you will come to different conclusions after talking to others about it.

I know guys who have taken 1 on 1 who have a different view as to those who have bought the ebook...

Thanked by:

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
Trade idea based off three indicators.
Traders Hideout
NT7 Indicator Script Troubleshooting - Camarilla Pivots
NinjaTrader
MC PL editor upgrade
MultiCharts
Pivot Indicator like the old SwingTemp by Big Mike
NinjaTrader
Exit Strategy
NinjaTrader

Best Threads (Most Thanked)
in the last 7 days on NexusFi
Spoo-nalysis ES e-mini futures S&P 500
34 thanks
Just another trading journal: PA, Wyckoff & Trends
30 thanks
Tao te Trade: way of the WLD
24 thanks
Bigger Wins or Fewer Losses?
23 thanks
GFIs1 1 DAX trade per day journal
21 thanks

matthew28 
United Kingdom
Elite_Member

Experience: Beginner
Platform: Bookmap
Broker: Stage 5, Rithmic
Trading: US Equity Index Futures
Thanks Given: 3,500
Thanks Received: 2,532

newscalper View Post
Signed up to the forum right now. Maybe we should ask Peter Davies if it would be possible to create a discussion forum in the members section of the Jigsaw website for all the people that purchased the manual.

I asked that in an email just before the first Q&A meet up. No reply then but if I recall he said something in his recent "Situational Awareness" webinar on this forum about he and Gary talking about something similar and thinking it wasn't a good idea, and that the "Pearls of Wisdom" section and quarterly Q&A sessions should be enough. That way people get correct information and analysis to help themselves, straight from the horses mouth so to speak, rather than second third hand interpretations.

TWDsje View Post
What we need is for you guys that bought the course but disagree on it's worth it to get together privately to discuss specifics. Maybe you will come to different conclusions after talking to others about it.

Who cares. The good thing about this forum is that both sides can express their opinions and prospective purchasers can then assess those different views themselves. There will always be a mix of people who in retrospect think something was worth the money and others who don't. Why do you think the people who bought the course and think it worthwhile should want to get together privately and give up their time discussing it with people who disagree on its worth.

You do not win as a trader, you just get to play again the next day. If that game doesn’t appeal to you then you should not trade. Gary Norden
Thanked by:
newscalper
Turin, Italy

Thanks Given: 1
Thanks Received: 4

matthew28 View Post
I asked that in an email just before the first Q&A meet up. No reply then but if I recall he said something in his recent "Situational Awareness" webinar on this forum about he and Gary talking about something similar and thinking it wasn't a good idea, and that the "Pearls of Wisdom" section and quarterly Q&A sessions should be enough. That way people get correct information and analysis to help themselves, straight from the horses mouth so to speak, rather than second third hand interpretations.

Understood.... thanks for the feedback. I thought it was a good idea to have a place where the people can share impressions/struggles/hints happening during the learning curve without breaking the NDA. And why not, also share market-specific details for the application of the methodology. But if the master has a different idea, so be it. Personally I bought the course in the middle of May and I started some test trading in simulation mode in the ES since the beginning of June... I am only saying that I am very inconsistent and still far from the ideal success percentages shown in the manual

Thanked by:
 Rupkali 
Hampshire, UK

Platform: Tradovate/Jigsaw
Trading: ES
Thanks Given: 7
Thanks Received: 15

Market making manual user group.

I agree regards having a group, for those who have purchased the manual. I suggested likewise to Peter and at the time he seemed happy to consider.

As a group we may find there are common issues that someone in the group has solved rather than wait to the next quarterly Q&A. It will be very interesting to hear how others are getting on with the Gary's method.

Personally, I would value the opportunity to talk through some of the challenges I am finding with this method.

Consensus on a particular issue could make the Q&As even more valuable.

Guess the tricky part is ensuring that participants have indeed purchased the manual such that we are compliant with any restrictions re: NDA.

I am certainly interested to explore if it is feasible to set up a user group on the basis that it is only 'market making manual' owners.

Thanked by:

matthew28 
United Kingdom
Elite_Member

Rupkali View Post
Guess the tricky part is ensuring that participants have indeed purchased the manual such that we are compliant with any restrictions re: NDA.

I am certainly interested to explore if it is feasible to set up a user group on the basis that it is only 'market making manual' owners.

You could ask Pete whether a Private Group in the Jigsaw chatroom could be setup for The Scalping Manual members. Purchaser's Jigsaw login details are added to the group list. An added bonus for Jigsaw members and an incentive to use the software.
No idea whether that is feasible or how secure Private Groups are in the chatroom.

You do not win as a trader, you just get to play again the next day. If that game doesn’t appeal to you then you should not trade. Gary Norden
Thanked by:
 Rupkali 
Hampshire, UK

You could ask Pete whether a Private Group in the Jigsaw chatroom could be setup for The Scalping Manual members. Purchaser's Jigsaw login details are added to the group list. An added bonus for Jigsaw members and an incentive to use the software.
No idea whether that is feasible or how secure Private Groups are in the chatroom.

Thanks very much for your reply Matthew28.

I think when I first suggested a user grp that was exactly Peter's thought - a private group within the Jigsaw Room: good thought.

I'll suggest again but haven't Gary & Peter now concluded that a user group isn't a good idea regards ensuring fidelity with Gary's teaching and the Q&A sessions should be sufficient.

If there is enough support for a group perhaps Gary and Peter would reconsider. I'd certainly prefer to be part of a group within the confines of the Jigsaw set up. There is certainly no intention on my part to do anything outside of the NDA - only to hear how others are doing with the Gary's methods and see if we can help each other to speed our learning.

How are you getting on with the method? Like Newscalper, I am inconsistent albeit I had to take a break through March till now. So only just starting again in the past few days.

Thanked by:

matthew28 
United Kingdom
Elite_Member

Rupkali View Post
There is certainly no intention on my part to do anything outside of the NDA........

How are you getting on with the method? Like Newscalper, I am inconsistent......................

Nope, me neither. I am a firm believer in a creator's rights of intellectual copyright, and for them to be paid for their efforts.

Probably like a lot of people starting. Okay with the profitable trades but the ones that don't work can go against me very quickly.
I have tried the ES but haven't found that satisfactory, and tried the NQ, which I prefer but require more focus and work on the previous point.
Hard to say anything else in public that's vague enough.

Thanked by:
newscalper
Turin, Italy

Thanks Given: 1
Thanks Received: 4

Rupkali View Post
I think when I first suggested a user grp that was exactly Peter's thought - a private group within the Jigsaw Room: good thought.
I'll suggest again but haven't Gary & Peter now concluded that a user group isn't a good idea regards ensuring fidelity with Gary's teaching and the Q&A sessions should be sufficient.
If there is enough support for a group perhaps Gary and Peter would reconsider. I'd certainly prefer to be part of a group within the confines of the Jigsaw set up. There is certainly no intention on my part to do anything outside of the NDA - only to hear how others are doing with the Gary's methods and see if we can help each other to speed our learning.

I don't think that having a private discussion group will be possible, at least in the immediate. I sent an email to Peter asking for this just a couple of weeks ago. He politely answered:
"Gary thinks this is a poor idea and he has good reasons for it. He feels that such a room is going to dilute the message.
What you'll be getting is a lot of opinions, none of them from Gary. I agree with that and think that the Q&A sessions are the best places to learn more about implementing the techniques."

Thanked by:

matthew28 
United Kingdom
Elite_Member

newscalper View Post
I don't think that having a private discussion group will be possible, at least in the immediate. I sent an email to Peter asking for this just a couple of weeks ago. He politely answered:
"Gary thinks this is a poor idea and he has good reasons for it. He feels that such a room is going to dilute the message.
What you'll be getting is a lot of opinions, none of them from Gary. I agree with that and think that the Q&A sessions are the best places to learn more about implementing the techniques."

Good to know I hadn't misremembered or misconstrued what I thought he had said in a recent webinar. Thanks for getting a definitive Jigsaw answer.

Thanked by:
 Rupkali 
Hampshire, UK

newscalper View Post

That's a shame regards no possibility of a private group. I 'd be pleased to chat with you both if you'd like to share how we are all getting on. Do PM me for private email or Skype etc.

Matthew28, I am exactly the same with the trade that doesn't work - moves quickly against me.

cheers.

Thanked by:

Last Updated on May 4, 2023

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts