NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

Traders International

Discussion in Trading Reviews and Vendors

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one cory with 9 posts (3 thanks)
    2. looks_two ntsst3 with 9 posts (1 thanks)
    3. looks_3 Alan with 8 posts (7 thanks)
    4. looks_4 Big Mike with 6 posts (0 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one Ausy Mick with 4 thanks per post
    2. looks_two timefreedom with 4 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 Alan with 0.9 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 cory with 0.3 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 44,031 views
    2. thumb_up 42 thanks given
    3. group 27 followers
    1. forum 83 posts
    2. attach_file 13 attachments

Search this Thread

Traders International

sharmas 
Auckland

Experience: Advanced
Platform: Ninja Trader
Broker: Zen-Fire
Trading: CL and ES
Thanks Given: 3,822
Thanks Received: 750

Any ideas ...and any clue what the set ups are

sharmas View Post
Team

does anyone know what is the twave they use and what settings they are using for it

YouTube - {Day Trading Lesson} With Lachlan Elsworth {The Power Trade} Explained

thanking you

sharmas

Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Reply With Quote

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
NexusFi Journal Challenge - April 2024
Feedback and Announcements
Futures True Range Report
The Elite Circle
Exit Strategy
NinjaTrader
My NT8 Volume Profile Split by Asian/Euro/Open
NinjaTrader
NT7 Indicator Script Troubleshooting - Camarilla Pivots
NinjaTrader

photog53 
Overland Park, Kansas

Platform: NinjaTrader
Broker: Ninja-Contiuum /Optimus / Kinteck
Trading: Currency Futures, oil, corn, soybeans, e-minis...
Thanks Given: 38
Thanks Received: 43

NOTE: NONE of these comments reveal anything proprietary about Trader's International....nor does it guarantee that your experience with TI will be the same as mine.

I am a "lifetime" member of Trader's International (TI). My experience with them was mixed. While I will not characterize TI as a "scam", I do believe it's value was (and still is) oversold in webinars and sales pitches. I joined in late 2009...and sat in the room every day for months before finally giving up and moving on. The TI "setups/signals" in use at the time simply did not work. The TI "pro room" had been shut down and the moderator "relieved of his duties". The FX room was constantly losing money. The TI daily room continued to trade the S&P emini using non-working signals....all the while continually promising "new setups". The often promised "new setups" did not arrive in the room until late 2010.

I found Traders International a mix of Good News /Bad News:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Bad News:
- The fee for joining TI is steep $$$$.
- Despite selling a "Life Time Membership"....TI still charges a monthly fee for continuing access to it's daily room. NOTE: The "LifeTime Membership" does gets you access to the training room..(not regularly updated) and access to the periodic "Question/Answer Training Session" conducted every week.
- The "indicators" that TI still sells (also for an inflated fee) are basic indicators that can mostly be found on the web for much less (free in many cases)....and it does not take a rocket scientist to figure out what these indicators are or what they do.
- I've been told that TI did pretty well for a number of years prior to 2009....but students who had the misfortune to join much after March 2009 were in for a bumpy ride.
- Recently TI started occasionally using a "secret indicator" to call some of the trades in their room. No education on what it is or how it is used.
- The TI student pages are not updated regularly....some of the old 'discontinued' trade setup training is still out there, and it still confuses some new students who diligently start trying to learn.
- TI is STILL...after all this time...."working on" getting training updated on their webpages for new setups/signals. NOTE: some of the new "setup/signal" training is available.

Good News:
- TI has one room moderator who truly does care about teaching trading...and who (I firmly believe) wants students to learn and be successful at trading.
- TI offers raw beginners a fair amount of hand holding with regard to setting up trading accounts, selecting a broker, and getting your trading platform (NinjaTrader) setup.
- The TI moderator (mentioned above) spends a lot of time providing overall market training....trends/trend lines/ Fibonacci/Volume/Market Delta/Price Action/ etc. You name it and this guy will eventually spend several hours explaining it. While all this information probably confuses some people, and it is way more info than any one person will use in their trading....he does provide a broad range of market related information/training.
- The daily TI "signals/setups" have migrated away from the old Fibnoacci numbered tick charts and very simple basic divergence calls....to a combination of minute and range charts. The new calls are based more on Price-Action, and the room trading results (since very late 2010) appear to have become more profitable and reliable.

SUMMARY: I have been in multiple trading rooms. Some offered training and live-trade rooms, while others only offered "follow along live trading" and some offered only "training".
None of them were perfect. Some were downright terrible. Every trading room I was in, had people that love it, and had people that hated it. Everyone learns differently. Some people need more help than others. Some people need more 'emotional support' than others. Some people have no idea at all what day trading Futures is, or what they really have in store for them before they become profitable.
For most folks....I think it is an excellent idea to get training/help and a mentor.
Having said this.... I would not make TI my first suggestion.
While I am sure some folks came away from TI feeling good about their experience....(it is not my place to dispute their personal experience)....I would direct beginning/intermediate trader's elsewhere.
The quality of all trading rooms seems to fluctuate over time, but the better ones manage to maintain a reasonable ongoing standard of performance. If you are motivated, have the time and the resources to learn on your own....by all means go for it. There are lots of trading books, free trading webinars, and free Internet material. If on the other hand you want to shorten your timeline and reduce risk, then find someone to help you.

At this point....if asked....I would suggest taking a look at Roger Felton's Trading room Get the Financial Freedom and Life You Deserve Trading Futures Like a Pro Roger has done several webinars on futures.io (formerly BMT). His approach to trading is primarily Price Action based....and Roger tends to use indicators more as "electronic highlighter" to draw attention to price action, rather than as Holy Grail signposts to be followed blindly. Roger has posted many of his indicators on Big Mikes Elite section for free....(although this does not include his trademark code DivPro).

Hope this review helps someone....

protrader007 
Bee Cave,Tx

Experience: Intermediate
Platform: NinjaTrader
Trading: CL
Thanks Given: 31
Thanks Received: 20

photog53 View Post
NOTE: NONE of these comments reveal anything proprietary about Trader's International....nor does it guarantee that your experience with TI will be the same as mine.

At this point....if asked....I would suggest taking a look at Roger Felton's Trading room Get the Financial Freedom and Life You Deserve Trading Futures Like a Pro Roger has done several webinars on futures.io (formerly BMT). His approach to trading is primarily Price Action based....and Roger tends to use indicators more as "electronic highlighter" to draw attention to price action, rather than as Holy Grail signposts to be followed blindly. Roger has posted many of his indicators on Big Mikes Elite section for free....(although this does not include his trademark code DivPro).

Hope this review helps someone....

I totally agree with photog53's comments about Felton Trading and wanted to add my 2 cents worth.
After watching Roger Felton's recent webinar here on futures.io (formerly BMT) I liked what I saw and downloaded his indicators which he has graciously uploaded for futures.io (formerly BMT) Elite members. He also provides futures.io (formerly BMT) Elite members with unlimited free access to his trading room so I took advantage of this also and set up my charts to look like his. With no training or prior knowledge of his trade setups and just following his basic rules I have been able to profitably trade the CL in sim for the past two weeks! Like most traders I have tried numerous other systems and this is by far the best I have found.

Big Mike 
Manta, Ecuador
Site Administrator
Developer
Swing Trader

Platform: Custom solution
Broker: IBKR
Trading: Stocks & Futures
Frequency: Every few days
Duration: Weeks
Thanks Given: 33,173
Thanks Received: 101,537

Moderator Notice
Moderator Notice

Mike

We're here to help: just ask the community or contact our Help Desk

Quick Links: Change your Username or Register as a Vendor
Searching for trading reviews? Review this list
Lifetime Elite Membership: Sign-up for only $149 USD
Exclusive money saving offers from our Site Sponsors: Browse Offers
Report problems with the site: Using the NexusFi changelog thread
Follow me on Twitter Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Reply With Quote
 shah1266 
hartford

they want 6-7 K for their 'class' and few hundred per mon for room rate....!!!
They mostly use stoc and macd as signals....!!!

from that, enough info is givien of these 'folks', btw my pivot.com has a good review on them.

PeterOhlson 
Germany

Platform: Ninjatrader 7
Trading: Stocks
Thanks Given: 36
Thanks Received: 61

Searching "traders international experience" on google tells me all I need to know about them.

The top ranked result is of course a blog and an article bragging it into the sky...first thought that comes into my head is affiliate marketing. Then you look at the various results from forums; and there's a HUGE number of complaints from people plus accusations of them being scam artists. Mind you, this is from users with upwards of 1000s of posts. Then there's some posters here and there with 1 or 2 posts who brag it into the sky.

The signs are obvious imo. Stay away from them.

researcher247 
Chicago, IL

Thanks Given: 289
Thanks Received: 773

I will reword this per request.

Allow me to quote an earlier post of mine. From the following

thread:
======================
I really don't have anything against a 'vendor' coming on the forum and hanging out and being a 'good' guy.

I visited Roger in the early 2000's in Austin, TX and hung out with him in his trading office for 1/2 day with his projection monitor {when he was with Traders International}.

Never signed up--neutral.

Roger is quite articulate (Southern style dialect). My personal opinion here; he is NOT hurting his potential sales being part of this rather specialized forum.

Very very few traders find this forum; especially new traders.

Regardless, though a free trial is pretty much a requirement at this point; in my humble opinion trading 'rooms' with an overlayed "method" should never cost several K upfront.

A better price structure is a monthly fee with option to buy--with monthly costs credited toward lifetime purchase.

But what do I know? What the market will bear, eh?

Divergence trading is simply buying bottoms and selling tops with short-term confirmation and you need a high winning % in order to come out ahead as your reward:risk gets closer to 1:1.

If you have an intial reward:risk of under 1.0 then you must scratch alot of trades and manage alot of your losers before they go to full losers.

That written; this is a good thread.

Now back to traders international; well, c'mon guys--just continue to do your research and you will see this is an ultra-high end retail product that many (if not all of us) of us can find better sources to continue our education.

peace

Big Mike 
Manta, Ecuador
Site Administrator
Developer
Swing Trader

Moderator Notice
Moderator Notice

cory 
virginia

Platform: ninja
Trading: NQ
Thanks Given: 877
Thanks Received: 8,090

enough said;

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2011-08-11_1408.png
Views:	188
Size:	15.9 KB
ID:	46236  

Big Mike 
Manta, Ecuador
Site Administrator
Developer
Swing Trader

cory View Post
enough said;

More than that. I can "see" some other stuff too on the admin side, and am deleting that post as spam/advertising.

Mike

Last Updated on October 29, 2012

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts