NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

itrade2win's Trade Journal To Success

Discussion in Trading Journals

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one itrade2win with 68 posts (85 thanks)
    2. looks_two Big Mike with 17 posts (27 thanks)
    3. looks_3 ideaman with 4 posts (5 thanks)
    4. looks_4 Snoop with 3 posts (2 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one Big Mike with 1.6 thanks per post
    2. looks_two itrade2win with 1.3 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 ideaman with 1.3 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 Snoop with 0.7 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 17,633 views
    2. thumb_up 120 thanks given
    3. group 2 followers
    1. forum 94 posts
    2. attach_file 151 attachments

Search this Thread

itrade2win's Trade Journal To Success

itrade2win 
New York

Experience: Intermediate
Platform: Sierra Charts, TOS
Trading: E-mini S&P 500
Thanks Given: 447
Thanks Received: 437

Patience was key this morning. I didn't have a setup until close to 11:00 AM EST. Waited an hour and a half for first trade. I had 2 trades both for winners +8 +15 total for the day +44. Had set targets based on PA. Too bad the second trade ran for 100 ticks. No worries, I traded based off my charts and placed my targets accordingly.

NT has been taking hours to send my emails of charts and performance pages. Not sure why that is, but as soon as I get the emails I will post them.

Ryan

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	NinjaTrader Chart.jpg
Views:	213
Size:	75.9 KB
ID:	23776   Click image for larger version

Name:	NinjaTrader Trade List, 10_21_2010 - 10_21_2010.jpg
Views:	172
Size:	60.6 KB
ID:	23778   Click image for larger version

Name:	NinjaTrader Performance Report.jpg
Views:	188
Size:	120.5 KB
ID:	23780  
Attached Files
Elite Membership required to download: My CL Trade Journal.xlsx
Started this thread Reply With Quote
Thanked by:

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
Better Renko Gaps
The Elite Circle
Exit Strategy
NinjaTrader
How to apply profiles
Traders Hideout
PowerLanguage & EasyLanguage. How to get the platfor …
EasyLanguage Programming
Trade idea based off three indicators.
Traders Hideout

Best Threads (Most Thanked)
in the last 7 days on NexusFi
Spoo-nalysis ES e-mini futures S&P 500
29 thanks
Tao te Trade: way of the WLD
24 thanks
Just another trading journal: PA, Wyckoff & Trends
23 thanks
Bigger Wins or Fewer Losses?
21 thanks
GFIs1 1 DAX trade per day journal
17 thanks
 itrade2win 
New York

My first two trades I took full stops on -20 -20 on both that set me back -83 ticks with commish. First trade I went ss because it was the second bar that closed below the ema and it appeared to me that we had a 3 drive pattern. The second trade was just plain bad, had no logical reason to make that trade except I got impatient and didn't want to get left behind if the move down continued. Something I'm working on and is noted several time in my journal.

The third trade I was a little more patient, maybe a little too much lol. Hit my first target for +10 and had my second target just above the S1 level. Should have realized the gap was just closed and would retrace. +10, -12

Fourth trade pulled the trigger a little early, not in my rules to enter on this bar, but maintained patience and stayed in it to hit both targets +10 +20.

Last trade had several bars close with HH HL and 3 bars that closed above the EMA was looking for a long run up for 30 to 40 ticks,but the last two bars were on lower volume and moved target to 20 ticks ended up +10 +20.

Not bad for being down -82 ticks and ended the day -26. I was really interested in taking the long at the close of the 14:10 bar, but we got there on lower volume and my thinking was we didn't have much room above from looking at the left of my chart and would top out around the 12:55 bar or where the pivot was. My thinking was I came back from a huge loss and we were close to the end of the day and it was a choppy session so don't risk it. But look what happened the market ran up 60 ticks. Would have made a great winning day, but who knew. No sweat, I'm happy with cutting my loses for the day.

Ryan

Attached Thumbnails

Views:	243
Size:	75.1 KB
ID:	23914  
Thanked by:
 itrade2win 
New York

I had looked over my journal this past week and I was in total shock. I thought why the "f***" did I ever make these trades. I feel like I didn't know shit until this past week. Definitely a huge Ah Ha moment. But, hey the most important part is that I learned from these ridiculous errors.

I also decided this morning that I am done with the ES. It is a Dog and I'm not bashing dogs because I am a dog lover. Hell, my family says I love my boyz better than I do them lol! But after looking at both I just can't trade the ES anymore.

Today I had two trades and both winners for a total of +63 ticks including commish and done by noon.

R

Attached Thumbnails

Views:	244
Size:	74.4 KB
ID:	24079   Click image for larger version

Name:	NinjaTrader Trade List, 10_25_2010 - 10_25_2010.jpg
Views:	238
Size:	59.8 KB
ID:	24081  
Thanked by:

Big Mike 
Manta, Ecuador
Site Administrator
Developer
Swing Trader

Experience: Advanced
Platform: Custom solution
Broker: IBKR
Trading: Stocks & Futures
Frequency: Every few days
Duration: Weeks
Thanks Given: 33,215
Thanks Received: 101,603

itrade2win View Post
I had looked over my journal this past week and I was in total shock.

Very good, its critically important to review your journal like this. It should be an eye opening experience and help you not fall into the trap of repeating your mistakes over and over again. I suggest that at the end of each week, you read all the journal entries for the past two weeks. This way you can easily compare week over week for improvement or similarities in your trading and formulate a plan for the upcoming week.

Mike

We're here to help: just ask the community or contact our Help Desk

Quick Links: Change your Username or Register as a Vendor
Searching for trading reviews? Review this list
Lifetime Elite Membership: Sign-up for only $149 USD
Exclusive money saving offers from our Site Sponsors: Browse Offers
Report problems with the site: Using the NexusFi changelog thread
Follow me on Twitter Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Reply With Quote
 itrade2win 
New York

Big Mike View Post
Very good, its critically important to review your journal like this. It should be an eye opening experience and help you not fall into the trap of repeating your mistakes over and over again. I suggest that at the end of each week, you read all the journal entries for the past two weeks. This way you can easily compare week over week for improvement or similarities in your trading and formulate a plan for the upcoming week.

Mike

I totally agree and I took it another step farther. I started recording myself on my camcorder to speak out my thoughts and feelings before, during and after the trade which for me has been completely beneficial.

R

Thanked by:

Big Mike 
Manta, Ecuador
Site Administrator
Developer
Swing Trader

Experience: Advanced
Platform: Custom solution
Broker: IBKR
Trading: Stocks & Futures
Frequency: Every few days
Duration: Weeks
Thanks Given: 33,215
Thanks Received: 101,603

itrade2win View Post
I totally agree and I took it another step farther. I started recording myself on my camcorder to speak out my thoughts and feelings before, during and after the trade which for me has been completely beneficial.

R

Very good. I posted about this a while back, using Camtasia I can record both my screen (workspace) and myself (webcam) during my trading session. It is a huge, huge benefit. But that is just the raw information, you have to work on how to interpret this information. When watching the replay it will become obvious where you are making mistakes, the trick of course is to find a way to catch these before they occur again in the future, and then measure yourself on them somehow so you can know for sure you are making progress and not caught in a loop.

Great job!

Mike

We're here to help: just ask the community or contact our Help Desk

Quick Links: Change your Username or Register as a Vendor
Searching for trading reviews? Review this list
Lifetime Elite Membership: Sign-up for only $149 USD
Exclusive money saving offers from our Site Sponsors: Browse Offers
Report problems with the site: Using the NexusFi changelog thread
Follow me on Twitter Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Reply With Quote
Thanked by:
 itrade2win 
New York

I am very happy with today's outcome despite not hitting my daily goal and the market being a bit choppy.
I had 6 trades for +14 after being down -29. I followed my rules and prevailed IMO. I could have had bigger profits, but my second targets were out of reach.

First trade was a pre-market trade that I kinda made a little early, but recognized the error and got out +2

Second trade was a good entry and hit first target easily, had my second target at 30 ticks which ended up 6 ticks short,over confidence is a killa. So I ended up +10 +2

Third trade was a good execution and market went 9 ticks in my favor then came back against me on higher volume jumped out with little damage -6 -6

Fourth trade the white line I drew represent the sideways channel that the market stayed in for almost 2 hours. If price moved above the channel I was going long, if it went below the channel I was going short. well the price went above the channel on higher volume so I went long . Not a bad trade as far as I'm concerned just didn't work out that's all. -15 -15

Fifth trade we had two consecutive bars with LH LL and two bars that closed below the EMA was looking for market to go back to the 82 area, but no can do. +8 +19

Sixth trade a DT with two LH LL bars +8 +10

I had more profits than what I ended up with, but I felt that I managed my trades well and happy with my progress.

Ryan

Attached Thumbnails

Views:	230
Size:	121.8 KB
ID:	24250   Click image for larger version

Name:	NinjaTrader Trade List, 10_26_2010 - 10_26_2010.jpg
Views:	236
Size:	118.2 KB
ID:	24252  
Thanked by:

PandaWarrior 
In the heat

Experience: None
Thanks Given: 6,329
Thanks Received: 13,405

itrade2win View Post
I am very happy with today's outcome despite not hitting my daily goal and the market being a bit choppy.
I had 6 trades for +14 after being down -29.

Ryan

My P&L looked very similar today. I think anyone that got out of today with some profit did a good job of not falling for all the head fakes and lack of follow through.....

Good job today!

Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication, Leonardo da Vinci

Most people chose unhappiness over uncertainty, Tim Ferris
Thanked by:
 itrade2win 
New York

aztrader9 View Post
My P&L looked very similar today. I think anyone that got out of today with some profit did a good job of not falling for all the head fakes and lack of follow through.....

Good job today!

Thank you, I read your thread earlier and saw the similar outcome. Good job as well!

Thanked by:
 itrade2win 
New York

Another good day. I missed the run down after the 10 AM news. I didn't want to touch it unless I saw what I liked. The 10:15 bar had good volume and sometimes there is a continuation and at times the volume spike means a reversal at least in the ES market, not sure if its the same in the oil market. So I just stayed put and waited for what I was comfortable taking.

My first trade wasn't until 10:45. Long bull bar followed by a doji on lower volume and it was a lower risk setup for me. It moved 18 ticks than came back and wasn't willing to lose what I had already taken. +8 +1

Second trade I was looking for a long after a long bullish bar above the line. watched the volume peak above previous bar and made a HH. +8 -2

Third trade DB on same volume, kept a tight stop for +8 -4

Fourth trade was what I was waiting for all day. Another horizontal channel and I paid close attention to the Dom and PM on the chart and the price was just trying to pop higher. Before I could tighten my stop first target hit and the same bar hit second target. Of course I moved my second target closer from 30, but who cares. +8 +20

I ended the day just 6 ticks shy of my daily goal, so I'm very happy.

R

Attached Thumbnails

Views:	229
Size:	85.6 KB
ID:	24368   Click image for larger version

Name:	NinjaTrader Trade List, 10_27_2010 - 10_27_2010.jpg
Views:	201
Size:	88.6 KB
ID:	24370  

Last Updated on December 1, 2010

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts