NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

itrade2win's Trade Journal To Success

Discussion in Trading Journals

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one itrade2win with 68 posts (85 thanks)
    2. looks_two Big Mike with 17 posts (27 thanks)
    3. looks_3 ideaman with 4 posts (5 thanks)
    4. looks_4 Snoop with 3 posts (2 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one Big Mike with 1.6 thanks per post
    2. looks_two itrade2win with 1.3 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 ideaman with 1.3 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 Snoop with 0.7 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 17,419 views
    2. thumb_up 120 thanks given
    3. group 2 followers
    1. forum 94 posts
    2. attach_file 151 attachments

itrade2win's Trade Journal To Success

itrade2win 
New York

Experience: Intermediate
Platform: Sierra Charts, TOS
Trading: E-mini S&P 500
Thanks Given: 447
Thanks Received: 437

I ended the day with a small lost in a choppy market for most of the day. The first trade my biggest weakness was impatiences and ended with -23, -23. The second trade very similar, except I managed it a little better for a small profit of +8 +1. And made a nice comeback on my last trade for +8, +25. I recovered from a -47 tick deficit and ended the day -7 ticks. Patience's continues to be my biggest vise. I believe that once I can control and overcome this personal issue my trading results will dramatically improve.

Ryan

Started this thread
Thanked by:

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
Are there any eval firms that allow you to sink to your …
Traders Hideout
NexusFi Journal Challenge - April 2024
Feedback and Announcements
NT7 Indicator Script Troubleshooting - Camarilla Pivots
NinjaTrader
Better Renko Gaps
The Elite Circle
The space time continuum and the dynamics of a financial …
Emini and Emicro Index

Best Threads (Most Thanked)
in the last 7 days on NexusFi
Get funded firms 2023/2024 - Any recommendations or word …
61 thanks
Funded Trader platforms
39 thanks
NexusFi site changelog and issues/problem reporting
26 thanks
Battlestations: Show us your trading desks!
26 thanks
The Program
18 thanks

itrade2win 
New York

At least there is one rule I haven't broken yet this week and it is the 3 trades a day rule. The one and only trade I broke a rule on was costly. for -20 -20. After the first rule breaking loser I decided "no more" will I take ownership of this problem and settled down on my next 2 trades. Except, the next trade I bailed out of a winning trade because of what I saw on the Dom. price moved 5 ticks in my favor then it jolted back several ticks against me so I didn't like what I saw and bailed out -5 -5. Then the last trade was a discipline trade that I shorted off the new HOD on the L2 bar and hit both targets for +10 +20 without watching the Dom. I believe the Dom has been a psychological down fall for me and will watch the price movement on the chart and no longer on the Dom. If it wasn't for the first undisciplined trade it would have been a profitable day for me, but ended down -23 ticks.

My goal for tomorrow is always to trade well and more importantly to help with the problem of being impatient I will not touch the mouse until the bar is within 5 to 7 seconds from closing of the signal bar.

Ryan

Started this thread

Big Mike 
Manta, Ecuador
Site Administrator
Developer
Swing Trader

Experience: Advanced
Platform: Custom solution
Broker: IBKR
Trading: Stocks & Futures
Frequency: Every few days
Duration: Weeks
Thanks Given: 33,172
Thanks Received: 101,534

Good job on establishing a goal for tomorrow ahead of time and measuring yourself.

As for the 3 trades a day rule, I like it. I've advised this type of rule to many others. It really makes you focus. Now in practice, for long term profitability, no such rule can exist. But in short term skill building, when your goal is to work on focus, I think it is an excellent teacher.

Mike

We're here to help: just ask the community or contact our Help Desk

Quick Links: Change your Username or Register as a Vendor
Searching for trading reviews? Review this list
Lifetime Elite Membership: Sign-up for only $149 USD
Exclusive money saving offers from our Site Sponsors: Browse Offers
Report problems with the site: Using the NexusFi changelog thread
Follow me on Twitter Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal
Thanked by:

itrade2win 
New York

I have decided that this will be my last journal post because I keep what I call my "psychological journal" spreadsheet of my own and honestly the only one I need to be accountable to is "myself". And if I'm not going to be truthful with myself then the objective would be a waste of time and effort. I might as well go find another business to get into. That's not happening....lol.

Keeping a journal is a "MUST" IMO if you're going to improve and be a successful trader. It has helped me progress to a more consistent level of a trader. I have really learned discipline to the level that I seldom break my rules which is all about having patience with my trading. I think the biggest thing that is vital, is money management and when I'm down I only look for my "A" setups. The setups with the highest winning %. I am attaching my monthly results, it was not a big winning month, but it is positive and I have the confidence to improve on.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	NinjaTrader Performance Report.jpg
Views:	208
Size:	103.1 KB
ID:	26357  
Started this thread
Thanked by:

Big Mike 
Manta, Ecuador
Site Administrator
Developer
Swing Trader

Experience: Advanced
Platform: Custom solution
Broker: IBKR
Trading: Stocks & Futures
Frequency: Every few days
Duration: Weeks
Thanks Given: 33,172
Thanks Received: 101,534

itrade2win View Post
I have decided that this will be my last journal post because I keep what I call my "psychological journal" spreadsheet of my own and honestly the only one I need to be accountable to is "myself". And if I'm not going to be truthful with myself then the objective would be a waste of time and effort. I might as well go find another business to get into. That's not happening....lol.

Keeping a journal is a "MUST" IMO if you're going to improve and be a successful trader. It has helped me progress to a more consistent level of a trader. I have really learned discipline to the level that I seldom break my rules which is all about having patience with my trading. I think the biggest thing that is vital, is money management and when I'm down I only look for my "A" setups. The setups with the highest winning %. I am attaching my monthly results, it was not a big winning month, but it is positive and I have the confidence to improve on.

Sorry to hear you won't be updating this journal any longer. I keep a private journal so I understand the reasons for doing so, but I also maintain the public accountability part (which I feel is important, at least to me) by telling my trading buddy about all my trades. So I hope that you still have some sort of outside external influence that is looking over your trades, as I think accountability is a powerful motivator.

Mike

We're here to help: just ask the community or contact our Help Desk

Quick Links: Change your Username or Register as a Vendor
Searching for trading reviews? Review this list
Lifetime Elite Membership: Sign-up for only $149 USD
Exclusive money saving offers from our Site Sponsors: Browse Offers
Report problems with the site: Using the NexusFi changelog thread
Follow me on Twitter Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal
Thanked by:

Last Updated on December 1, 2010

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts