NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

itrade2win's Trade Journal To Success

Discussion in Trading Journals

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one itrade2win with 68 posts (85 thanks)
    2. looks_two Big Mike with 17 posts (27 thanks)
    3. looks_3 ideaman with 4 posts (5 thanks)
    4. looks_4 Snoop with 3 posts (2 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one Big Mike with 1.6 thanks per post
    2. looks_two itrade2win with 1.3 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 ideaman with 1.3 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 Snoop with 0.7 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 17,438 views
    2. thumb_up 120 thanks given
    3. group 2 followers
    1. forum 94 posts
    2. attach_file 151 attachments

Search this Thread

itrade2win's Trade Journal To Success

ideaman 
Pennslyvania

Experience: Intermediate
Platform: ninjatrader
Trading: ES
Thanks Given: 4
Thanks Received: 40

Hi Ryan:

One suggestion would be set a target like 1 point per day until your very confident to add contracts. When you get your one point for the day go on simulated. The object is to discover the best times to trade and not.

Dominick

Thanked by:

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
Exit Strategy
NinjaTrader
Better Renko Gaps
The Elite Circle
Online prop firm The Funded Trader (TFT) going under?
Traders Hideout
ZombieSqueeze
Platforms and Indicators
New Micros: Ultra 10-Year & Ultra T-Bond -- Live Now
Treasury Notes and Bonds

Best Threads (Most Thanked)
in the last 7 days on NexusFi
Get funded firms 2023/2024 - Any recommendations or word …
60 thanks
Funded Trader platforms
41 thanks
NexusFi site changelog and issues/problem reporting
24 thanks
GFIs1 1 DAX trade per day journal
22 thanks
The Program
19 thanks
 itrade2win 
New York

Platform: Sierra Charts, TOS
Trading: E-mini S&P 500
Thanks Given: 447
Thanks Received: 437

Hey Dominick,

Thanks for the advise. I agree and that is pretty much my goal except I tend to push things to the limit and my current daily objective has been 2 points per contract trading 2 cars. Prolly greed and/or high expectations is the reason for my 2 pt goal. Psychologically the 1 point per day makes sense and just add cars on from there. I'm realizing the more I trade the lower the odds are in my favor to have a profitable day. I will re-evaluate my goals this weekend and make any amendments that I think will work best. In fact, I just decided that if the first trade for the day is a winner and hit both targets for a +3 ticks and +6 ticks then I will stop for the day. If I take three losing trades in a row, I'm finished for the day.

Have a good weekend!

Cheers
Ryan

Started this thread Reply With Quote
 itrade2win 
New York

Well, Dominick is right. Why continue trading live when your first trade is a winner? It happens every time, I can start the day with a winning trade only to lose it all and have to spend the rest of the day just to recover. It's not worth it. From this day forward I am looking for a one and done day. If that happens then I become a spectator and just watch the market. I have learned by doing just that. Hopefully, I can benefit even more from it. I am going to start a thread to find out how many people continue trading when they have a winning trade out the gate.

Well, I recovered most of my losses. Worked all day just to come close to break even, it's not worth it.

Have a good weekend!

Cheers
Ryan

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1 min part A trend from Oct 7th.jpg
Views:	165
Size:	163.6 KB
ID:	22199   Click image for larger version

Name:	1 min Part B.jpg
Views:	188
Size:	128.7 KB
ID:	22201   Click image for larger version

Name:	5 min.jpg
Views:	183
Size:	87.5 KB
ID:	22203   Click image for larger version

Name:	10 min showing channel.jpg
Views:	179
Size:	137.0 KB
ID:	22205   Click image for larger version

Name:	30 min.jpg
Views:	213
Size:	112.2 KB
ID:	22207   Click image for larger version

Name:	60 min DT.jpg
Views:	194
Size:	93.7 KB
ID:	22209   Click image for larger version

Name:	NinjaTrader Performance Report(2).jpg
Views:	193
Size:	121.8 KB
ID:	22211   Click image for larger version

Name:	NinjaTrader Trade List, 10_8_2010 - 10_8_2010.jpg
Views:	161
Size:	133.0 KB
ID:	22213  
Attached Files
Elite Membership required to download: My ES Trade Journal.xlsx
 itrade2win 
New York

Well, at least I ended the week in the black. It was a lot of work for only $272.00

Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Weekly Performance.jpg
Views:	202
Size:	122.3 KB
ID:	22217  
 itrade2win 
New York

It was a great day to start the week. My first trade was a pre-market trade error. I had thought that my Dom and charts were all linked. Because I was switching back and forth between the ES and CL. The ES was very slow and choppy this morning so I wanted to see what the CL looked like and it was trending down. I don't exactly remember how it happened, but I did something wrong and was looking at the wrong chart and lost 21 ticks. For some reason it didn't even phase me. I didn't even think anything about the losing trade just looked for the next opportunity and won the next 3 trades. I do remember looking at the PnL after each trade and know that I need to change this habit. I believe that my confidence grew and my fear was not apparent because I found a new revelation of capturing the trend entries. It was like a new me. I didn't see or feel the same today about trading.

Cheers
Ryan

Attached Thumbnails

Name:	ES.jpg
Views:	196
Size:	83.3 KB
ID:	22433   Click image for larger version

Name:	CL.jpg
Views:	183
Size:	88.4 KB
ID:	22435   Click image for larger version

Name:	NinjaTrader Trade List, 10_11_2010 - 10_11_2010.jpg
Size:	117.2 KB
ID:	22437   Click image for larger version

Name:	NinjaTrader Performance Report.jpg
Views:	178
Size:	122.4 KB
ID:	22439  
Attached Files
Elite Membership required to download: My ES Trade Journal.xlsx
Thanked by:
 itrade2win 
New York

I'm still feeling like I was yesterday as far as emotions are concerned. I have been working hard on the psychology side of my trading.

The market opened lower this morning and at a support level with a 4 point gap above, but the market continued the downtrend and I wasn't going to get in it's way. The next support level was 1151 and the O/N low was 1151.75. We hit 1151.75 with a big rejection tail and a big volume spike. I entered a long and it was 2 points above the low. I just didn't like the trade so I bailed out at B/E no harm, no foul. As it turns out it would have been a nice winner. NO WORRIES!!! NEXT TRADE. Entered in a PB and only took 4 ticks of heat and stayed in the trade for 20 minutes or so. The only thing that I did that I did not like on this trade was move my 3rd target from 3 points to 2 points and it would of hit my 3rd target easily, but my concerned was the DT at the open. Since then the market has been coiling so I'm waiting for the next opportunity.

Cheers
Ryan

Attached Thumbnails

Name:	NinjaTrader Chart.jpg
Views:	195
Size:	81.3 KB
ID:	22541  
Thanked by:

Snoop 
Toronto, Ontario

Experience: Advanced
Platform: NinjaTrader, Multicharts
Broker: IB, IQfeed
Trading: ES, CL
Thanks Given: 135
Thanks Received: 165

Nice entry on the first trade. But what was it that you didn't like?
NYSE Tick registered a relatively extreme reading with the ES low - which is always a possibility for that to be the day's low.
You have the right attitude though. Never let it be a sore point - "losing" trades that are b/e are the least of your worries

itrade2win View Post
I'm still feeling like I was yesterday as far as emotions are concerned. I have been working hard on the psychology side of my trading.

The market opened lower this morning and at a support level with a 4 point gap above, but the market continued the downtrend and I wasn't going to get in it's way. The next support level was 1151 and the O/N low was 1151.75. We hit 1151.75 with a big rejection tail and a big volume spike. I entered a long and it was 2 points above the low. I just didn't like the trade so I bailed out at B/E no harm, no foul. As it turns out it would have been a nice winner. NO WORRIES!!! NEXT TRADE. Entered in a PB and only took 4 ticks of heat and stayed in the trade for 20 minutes or so. The only thing that I did that I did not like on this trade was move my 3rd target from 3 points to 2 points and it would of hit my 3rd target easily, but my concerned was the DT at the open. Since then the market has been coiling so I'm waiting for the next opportunity.

Cheers
Ryan

Thanked by:
 itrade2win 
New York

Snoop View Post
Nice entry on the first trade. But what was it that you didn't like?
NYSE Tick registered a relatively extreme reading with the ES low - which is always a possibility for that to be the day's low.
You have the right attitude though. Never let it be a sore point - "losing" trades that are b/e are the least of your worries

Hey Snoop,

Thank you for your reply and feedback. I didn't like my entry being 2 points off the LOD and what I saw on the Dom and T&S which I know can play mind games. I guess the bottom line was I wasn't comfortable with the entry.

Cheers
Ryan

itrade2win 
New York

I finished the day just like the morning session with a B/E and a nice winner. The first short entry was pre-mature and bailed out and waited to make my re-entry which it hit all three target objectives. I did move my third target to 2 points because I felt that price would not retrace 3 points, however it did. So what! I finished the day hitting my daily goal of 2 points per contract, actually went closer to 2.58 per car. I am looking at the market much different than I have in the past and recognized trend entry opportunities where I had not before. There was also a long opportunity on the 14:30 candle and of course a short trade at the HOD around 15:35. Overall I'm happy with my day and discipline.

Cheers
Ryan

Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Afternoon session.jpg
Size:	88.6 KB
ID:	22589   Click image for larger version

Name:	NinjaTrader Trade List, 10_12_2010 - 10_12_2010.jpg
Views:	189
Size:	118.9 KB
ID:	22591   Click image for larger version

Name:	NinjaTrader Performance Report.jpg
Views:	161
Size:	118.9 KB
ID:	22593  
 itrade2win 
New York

I did much better on the CL market than the ES. Only one trade for +10, +15 and +25. See chart below.

Cheers
Ryan

Attached Thumbnails

Name:	CL Chart.jpg
Size:	116.5 KB
ID:	22720   Click image for larger version

Name:	NinjaTrader Performance Report CL.jpg
Views:	175
Size:	99.8 KB
ID:	22722   Click image for larger version

Name:	NinjaTrader Trade List, 10_13_2010 - 10_13_2010.jpg
Views:	195
Size:	47.9 KB
ID:	22724  
Thanked by:

Last Updated on December 1, 2010

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts