NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

Failover and backup pc

Discussion in NinjaTrader

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one Trad3r with 4 posts (8 thanks)
    2. looks_two bobwest with 3 posts (9 thanks)
    3. looks_3 Trailer Guy with 2 posts (7 thanks)
    4. looks_4 MiniP with 1 posts (2 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one Trailer Guy with 3.5 thanks per post
    2. looks_two bobwest with 3 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 Trad3r with 2 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 tr8er with 2 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 1,962 views
    2. thumb_up 28 thanks given
    3. group 2 followers
    1. forum 10 posts
    2. attach_file 0 attachments

Search this Thread

Failover and backup pc

Trailer Guy 
Aguanga, CA USA

Experience: Advanced
Platform: Ninja Trader 8
Broker: IB, NinjaTrader Brokerage, Schwab
Trading: ES
Thanks Given: 68
Thanks Received: 387

MiniP View Post
are you going to be trading on the road? Me and the misses have talked about taking a year to explore the USA but I can't not trade. Been looking at hot spots/wifi boosters but the server idea is a good idea.

-P

Only certain thing is we will be moving into a tiny aluminum can. With two cats. Going to take a year probably two to build our new house up in the mountains (Northern Rockies in the central Idaho mountains, 4 foot of snow on the ground in the winter). Wife is seriously talking about spending a year on the road. All our stuff will already be in storage etc etc so if not now, when.

We have been reading all the advice on communications and none is looking very good. So yes I see the rent a server as the only viable answer. I try to be in front of a screen and ready to go by 6:30 mountain time every day. I keep stats by obvious time breaks and really about half of the possible trades are over by 10 or so. Half an hour to break camp and hit the highway. Bad WiFi we will go find a hot spot. If we spend time in the more market friendly time zones just makes it easier.

Biggest issue is a 2 year old and a 5 year old (with parents) in LA. Sort of makes it impossible to not spend some part of the winter somewhere around Palm Springs. I am trying to learn Elliot Wave so I can do some swing trading because I am not signed up for day trading in that time zone!

When it all comes together I will have to post the Charles Kuralt trading method.

Thanked by:

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
Quant vue
Trading Reviews and Vendors
Trade idea based off three indicators.
Traders Hideout
ZombieSqueeze
Platforms and Indicators
REcommedations for programming help
Sierra Chart
How to apply profiles
Traders Hideout

Best Threads (Most Thanked)
in the last 7 days on NexusFi
What is Markets Chat (markets.chat) real-time trading ro …
72 thanks
Spoo-nalysis ES e-mini futures S&P 500
55 thanks
Just another trading journal: PA, Wyckoff & Trends
27 thanks
Bigger Wins or Fewer Losses?
24 thanks
The Program
16 thanks

Last Updated on January 17, 2020

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts