NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

Scalping ES tick charts based on candlesticks

Discussion in Emini and Emicro Index

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one lightsun47 with 4 posts (1 thanks)
    2. looks_two Altentrader with 2 posts (1 thanks)
    3. looks_3 lettuce with 2 posts (1 thanks)
    4. looks_4 DoubleUCapital with 2 posts (3 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one DavidHP with 2 thanks per post
    2. looks_two DoubleUCapital with 1.5 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 Altentrader with 0.5 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 lightsun47 with 0.3 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 7,947 views
    2. thumb_up 9 thanks given
    3. group 9 followers
    1. forum 15 posts
    2. attach_file 1 attachments

Search this Thread

Scalping ES tick charts based on candlesticks

Altentrader
Amsterdam Netherlands

Thanks Given: 0
Thanks Received: 9

lightsun47 View Post
Hello,

I am testing candlestick patterns on 610 tick charts on ES futures NY open session. But the dilemma is, I find something new today and scalp 5 points very well, but it will not work tomorrow. I find something new tomorrow, it will not work the day / week after.

What is the catch here? Trial and error methods don't work? I am trying to find a good regular candlestick pattern on tick charts (maybe working on minute charts), but they don't work here.

My profit is strictly 4 ticks and stop put at 5 ticks, which has worked on 'patterns' I found so far, but these patterns fail to work everyday.

Any suggestions, especially from any candlestick 'lords' here?

Thank you.

Any improvement yet? Agree to what is already said. With time candles you can't actually spot price action. Maybe a 1min bar or shorter will do, but better is using range bars. BUT. Since there is so little volatility in the ES it is best not to trade that market at all. Especially not if you are trying to daytrade the ES. Find a market that shows some volatility.

Thanked by:

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
How to apply profiles
Traders Hideout
MC PL editor upgrade
MultiCharts
Quant vue
Trading Reviews and Vendors
REcommedations for programming help
Sierra Chart
ZombieSqueeze
Platforms and Indicators

lightsun47
Toronto, Canada

Thanks Given: 492
Thanks Received: 296

When it comes to a proper trend, ES seems to be a garbage bag. How? It moves 4 ticks up, 5 down, 6 up, 2 down, 9 up, 6 down. Like wth. Where can I even enter / exit in this mess? Eventually, it will do whatever it wants to, i.e. go up or down but almost always have a false breakout and stop out everyone who is trying to be on the bandwagon. I found CL and GC have better moves most of the times than this.

Sent using the NexusFi mobile app

lettuce
San Francisco, California

Thanks Given: 10
Thanks Received: 8

Altentrader View Post
Any improvement yet? Agree to what is already said. With time candles you can't actually spot price action. Maybe a 1min bar or shorter will do, but better is using range bars. BUT. Since there is so little volatility in the ES it is best not to trade that market at all. Especially not if you are trying to daytrade the ES. Find a market that shows some volatility.

I have found 4 tick Renko bar on ES good for scalping or 8 tick Renko on NQ.

lightsun47
Toronto, Canada

Thanks Given: 492
Thanks Received: 296

What are your settings? What indicators? What rules? Profit and loss settings? Thanks.

lettuce
San Francisco, California

Thanks Given: 10
Thanks Received: 8

lightsun47 View Post
What are your settings? What indicators? What rules? Profit and loss settings? Thanks.

I mostly trade NQ, 8tick Renko with wick. Primary indicators are 4 EMA ribbon (42,57,72,87) and 42 EMA Keltner Channel with 5 standard deviation channel.

I also have other charts for big picture look.
One for intermediate trend and other with volume profile to identify areas of control.

Hope this helps.

Thanked by:
Altentrader
Amsterdam Netherlands

Thanks Given: 0
Thanks Received: 9

lettuce View Post
I have found 4 tick Renko bar on ES good for scalping or 8 tick Renko on NQ.

Renko's could work as well. As long as you can see the PA (movement) of the market.

Last Updated on February 11, 2020

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts