NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

Day Trade to Win - Atlas Line - Experience?

Discussion in Trading Reviews and Vendors

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one zacharydw00 with 3 posts (5 thanks)
    2. looks_two Gary with 2 posts (8 thanks)
    3. looks_3 cory with 2 posts (0 thanks)
    4. looks_4 David_R with 2 posts (5 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one PandaWarrior with 7 thanks per post
    2. looks_two Gary with 4 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 Zoethecus with 3.5 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 David_R with 2.5 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 139,720 views
    2. thumb_up 62 thanks given
    3. group 19 followers
    1. forum 32 posts
    2. attach_file 2 attachments

Search this Thread

Day Trade to Win - Atlas Line - Experience?

Zoethecus 
United States of America

Experience: Advanced
Platform: NT

This whole drama is a tempest in a teapot.

John Paul drew first blood with a flyer to see if Mike would simply cave in and get on down the road with his tail between his legs. Hopefully, Mike will slam the door on this vermon and rebut. To do otherwise would set a very bad precedent and empower other con artists who hawk garbage for high prices to think that all forum operators are fair game and wimps to boot.

If Mike holds his ground, JP will fade into the vendor sunset and have to try to get even will his assine new website. JP, welcome to dry hump heaven with that new site.

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
NT7 Indicator Script Troubleshooting - Camarilla Pivots
NinjaTrader
Deepmoney LLM
Elite Quantitative GenAI/LLM
The space time continuum and the dynamics of a financial …
Emini and Emicro Index
Are there any eval firms that allow you to sink to your …
Traders Hideout
New Micros: Ultra 10-Year & Ultra T-Bond -- Live Now
Treasury Notes and Bonds

Best Threads (Most Thanked)
in the last 7 days on NexusFi
Get funded firms 2023/2024 - Any recommendations or word …
61 thanks
Funded Trader platforms
38 thanks
NexusFi site changelog and issues/problem reporting
27 thanks
GFIs1 1 DAX trade per day journal
19 thanks
The Program
18 thanks

futurestrader1 
New York City, USA

Experience: Advanced
Platform: NinjaTrader
Trading: ES, CL, 6E
Thanks Given: 81
Thanks Received: 42

But hey! Oscar Griffin from the Pacific Northwest--a Lakers Fanboy--, as per video testimonial, says the stuff is great!

Big Mike...hold ground and have HIM pay all court fees in the end.

Zoethecus View Post
This whole drama is a tempest in a teapot.

John Paul drew first blood with a flyer to see if Mike would simply cave in and get on down the road with his tail between his legs. Hopefully, Mike will slam the door on this vermon and rebut. To do otherwise would set a very bad precedent and empower other con artists who hawk garbage for high prices to think that all forum operators are fair game and wimps to boot.

If Mike holds his ground, JP will fade into the vendor sunset and have to try to get even will his assine new website. JP, welcome to dry hump heaven with that new site.

atata 
Calgary, AB

Experience: Intermediate
Platform: NT, IB, TOS, MC
Broker: IB, Rithmic
Trading: CL, ES, GC, ZS, ZB
Thanks Given: 90
Thanks Received: 99

I've got 3 emails from DTTW, first email stating that here is end of the world since ATO won't be sold anymore beyond end of July 2010.
Second email to extending the sale because of the "overwhelming requests".
3rd one after the original deadline /July 31st/ and than extended deadline /Aug 2nd/ stating ATO is for sale....
?again? I've expected more imagination such as at least using a different name... not the same.

More details quoted from DTTW emails below:

1st email: July 22th an email that ATO sales will expire end of July. "You probably heard, our At The Open (ATO) method is about to meet its quota of traders and will no longer be available after this month (July 2010)."

2nd email: Aug 2nd another email ATO sales are extended for 24 hours because of "Due to the overwhelming requests from people who missed the deadline to buy the ATO, "

3rd email: Aug 10th the latest email with ATO is for sale.

"Dear xxxxx,

Thank you for your interest in the Atlas line.

The Atlas line has many uses for day traders, scalpers, trend confirmations, etc.

We create easy tools for traders!

Our next Live Atlas Line Trading Presentation will be held in the next week or so and will allow you to test this great method on ANY MARKET with me, in Real-Time.

This presentation will offer you a view at John Paul's trading screens, with the Atlas line applied on 4-5 markets concurrently. You will experience the Atlas line performing live in front of your eyes, and this is FREE of charge.
"

end the usual blah blah blah + desclaimer

Kind regards,

atata
ps.; Crossed out my name since I do not want to loose out on the emails he is sending... it is sort of entertaining and also very saddening how John Paul is working.

Thanked by:
 wirechild 
Arkansas

Platform: NinjaTrader
Broker: IB
Trading: TF, 6E, 6B
Thanks Given: 192
Thanks Received: 135

I purchased ATO a while ago. At the time he posted daily results that look legit to me. Soon after purchasing it I realized his results were not accurate.

A) Some of his winners went more than 5 ES points (several were 6.5) against him before turning into winners, this is fine except his results reported all of his losers to be 5 points!

B) His results never had any slippage, it was not unusual for me to get 1-4 ticks on my losers and he never had any.

C) He always got filled and there were several winners that I didn't get filled on. I know it is possible he was very lucky and got filled most of the time, but I doubt it would happen every single time.

Once I pointed out these items he would not return my emails. I think I sent him over 30 emails proving he wasn't honest with his results. He also stop posting daily results around this same time...

I threatened to take legal action and would have if it didn't cost so much money. I first tried to go through small claims court and they required me to file my claim in person and in the state in which JP operates his business. Not worth for what I paid.

There was one very positive experience that came from this. I have not purchased another "system" and I am so much better off now.

aviat72 
San Francisco Bay Area

Platform: NT,TOS,IB
Trading: ES,CL,TF
Thanks Given: 161
Thanks Received: 273

That site listed in the first post is really in poor taste.

And it makes insinuations about board members like FatTails, perryg etc which are completely unfounded. I am attaching a copy of the site as it stands now. Will be good proof for anyone who wants sue this charlatan for libel.

BTW the USPTO does show that Atlas Line is a trademark. However it seems it was filed on August 7, 2010. So all the posts prior to that do not violate that trademark.

Attached Thumbnails
Day Trade to Win - Atlas Line - Experience?-bmtlibel.pdf   Day Trade to Win - Atlas Line - Experience?-atlaslinetrademark.pdf  
Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Reply With Quote
Thanked by:

sam028 
Site Moderator

Thanks Given: 3,825
Thanks Received: 4,629

Moderator Notice
Moderator Notice

Success requires no deodorant! (Sun Tzu)
Follow me on Twitter Reply With Quote
CWchang Forex Trader
NC

Thanks Given: 1
Thanks Received: 8

I saw this guy too trading live on paltalk a total disaster .
Like many too the ebook is empty total waste of pages.

I posted one for HFT Fari Hamzei good stuff for the price but you will not learn anything besides the free online material

CW

zacharydw00 
Idaho

Platform: NinjaTrader,ToS
Broker: Amp Futures, ToS
Trading: ES, E7, CL, GC
Thanks Given: 87
Thanks Received: 180

I have used both methods, and build automated strategies with multiple profit targets and adjustable s/l settings to fully optimize the back-testing. On ten years of ES data, the equity curve is a steady slope down.

Bottom line, don't waste your time.

Thanked by:
 Java 
Portland

Experience: Beginner
Platform: NinjaTrader, TradeStation, MultiCharts
Trading: TF
Thanks Given: 3
Thanks Received: 11

wirechild View Post
I purchased ATO a while ago. At the time he posted daily results that look legit to me. Soon after purchasing it I realized his results were not accurate.

A) Some of his winners went more than 5 ES points (several were 6.5) against him before turning into winners, this is fine except his results reported all of his losers to be 5 points!

B) His results never had any slippage, it was not unusual for me to get 1-4 ticks on my losers and he never had any.

C) He always got filled and there were several winners that I didn't get filled on. I know it is possible he was very lucky and got filled most of the time, but I doubt it would happen every single time.

Once I pointed out these items he would not return my emails. I think I sent him over 30 emails proving he wasn't honest with his results. He also stop posting daily results around this same time...

I was able to get a copy of ATO and found his daily results similarly falsified. When questioned, he came up with alternate rules not in the instructions to justify the trades. Don't bother with this one.

slow to learn
PUEBLO COLORADO USA

Thanks Given: 0
Thanks Received: 5

Gary, I feel indicators are a wast of time and hold traders back from learning how to trade. I spent 1 1/2 years using indicators when I should have been learning price action and supply and demand or support and resistance. The only indicators I use is a volume up and down and a 21 and 50 ema. You have to know how smart money thinks! I didnt become profitable untile I learned this.

Last Updated on November 11, 2010

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts