NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

My Journey to Psychological and Physical Health

Discussion in Psychology and Money Management

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one ZTR with 44 posts (102 thanks)
    2. looks_two Fat Tails with 9 posts (17 thanks)
    3. looks_3 soumi71 with 3 posts (2 thanks)
    4. looks_4 PandaWarrior with 3 posts (5 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one George with 10 thanks per post
    2. looks_two Big Mike with 9 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 ZTR with 2.3 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 Fat Tails with 1.9 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 19,739 views
    2. thumb_up 159 thanks given
    3. group 13 followers
    1. forum 78 posts
    2. attach_file 23 attachments

Closed Thread

Search this Thread

My Journey to Psychological and Physical Health

Fat Tails 
Berlin, Europe
Market Wizard

Experience: Advanced
Platform: NinjaTrader, MultiCharts
Broker: Interactive Brokers
Trading: Keyboard
Thanks Given: 4,242
Thanks Received: 27,103

ZTR View Post
Remember - only the most cantankerous patients survive & thrive! You are completely responsible for your own: happiness, survival and outcomes. Visualize positive outcomes and good things will happen.

I have never heard the word "cantankerous" before and had to look it up. Well, I guess that it does not reallymatch your personality. And finally you are "ZTR", not "CTR". What does "ZTR" actually mean?

Yes, everybody is responsible for one's own objectives, deeds and outcomes, but within the bounds of one's resources. I think many of us have learned this one or another way. And sometimes we need to fight and we can reach beyond our usual scope and achieve the near-impossible. I firmly believe that imagination - just another word for visualization - and will are decisive to succeed on this way.

We all wish you the dose of luck, which is also needed to overcome your medical condition. That should help as well! Go and fight!

Thanked by:

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
About a successful futures trader who didn´t know anyth …
Psychology and Money Management
How to apply profiles
Traders Hideout
ZombieSqueeze
Platforms and Indicators
Better Renko Gaps
The Elite Circle
Cheap historycal L1 data for stocks
Stocks and ETFs

soumi71 
Toronto

Experience: Intermediate
Platform: NinjaTrader
Broker: Zen-Fire
Trading: CL , 6E
Thanks Given: 760
Thanks Received: 275

Good Luck ZTR , I am praying for your fast recovery
soumi

"Risk more than others think safe.
Dream more than others think practical.
Expect more than others think possible.
Care more than others think wise"
Thanked by:

ZTR 

Platform: NinjaTrader7
Broker: Mirus RCG/Zen-Fire
Trading: CL & 6e, looking at ES, ZB and AU again.
Thanks Given: 1,099
Thanks Received: 1,393

Fat Tails View Post
I have never heard the word "cantankerous" before and had to look it up. Well, I guess that it does not reallymatch your personality. And finally you are "ZTR", not "CTR". What does "ZTR" actually mean?

Yes, everybody is responsible for one's own objectives, deeds and outcomes, but within the bounds of one's resources. I think many of us have learned this one or another way. And sometimes we need to fight and we can reach beyond our usual scope and achieve the near-impossible. I firmly believe that imagination - just another word for visualization - and will are decisive to succeed on this way.

We all wish you the dose of luck, which is also needed to overcome your medical condition. That should help as well! Go and fight!

Thanks for the encouragement.

The nurses dubbed me the cantankerous one.
Defined as - difficult or irritating to deal with. I can be, when my life is on the line. I talk to the MD's like they are my students, not the exalted status they expect from a patient (many have Doctor worship in the US). On the forum I am on my best (most of the time) behavior.

ZTR is a nickname I earned while on the forum. I liked it.

I believe that nicknames should be earned. I have more, my other favorite was: The Heat. One of my former bosses used me to deal with difficult or unpleasant situations. I got it when the boss said we need to bring the heat to this situation - Get Andy. My co-workers started using it and at a party, they told my friends and it stuck.

I was never one to shy away from difficult situation. Makes dealing with life and death issues easier.

R.I.P. Andy Zektzer (ZTR), 1960-2010.
Please visit this thread for more information.
Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Started this thread
Thanked by:

ZTR 

So I finally, after months of begging, got the treatment I need.

While I do not have 20 years of experience in treating transplant rejection issues, like my doc does, I am a trained research scientist. So, it was not that difficult to identify what I needed to turn my situation around.

The biggest problem was again having the come close to death to get what I need. An absolutely ridiculous situation. This should have happened two years ago.

Doesn't matter. Just like your last trade, you can't let the past change what are going to do in the future.

The lesson is to never give up & know what you are talking about. Make sure your system actually works & then make the. transition to real money. A trader needs to have the discipline to be totally honest in the assessment of the market at every instance. Like a lot of good to great traders talk about. One way to do this is identifying important price points to minimize fatigue, especially in my case.

Just read a fantastic post by @ Gary in the Zen thread.

what he talks about is what I hope to do once my health improves.

Also like what @ safin has been doing his thread. Where he describes his setups and why they are taken them. I can't wait to see how he makes the transition to live, something I hope to be able to do in the near future. I hope over the next couple of weeks to develop a system in SIM, that I analyze each week to see how I'm doing.

Want this to be as close to real conditions as it can be made. No more playing around. When I recover I want to treat this as a business. If this treatment works, as I expect it to, then over the next three months* I should be both healthy and a consistently profitable trader.

* Yes is going to take every bit of three months before for I know, if this really is the solution to both my health and my trading. This is a far cry from my goal of being ready now-September- but I've learned something about patience, let see if I can really practice it.

Thanked by:
 mahlonhersh 
Arizona

Platform: NinjaTrader
Broker: Mirus/Zen-Fire
Trading: ES
Thanks Given: 709
Thanks Received: 176

ZTR,

Glad to hear of your progress. I am sensing hope and anticipation in your post.

While I haven't written much in your threads, I do want you to know that I read everyone of your posts. Your persistence and diligence are both a challenge and an encouragement.

I hope things go well for you and your progress continues.

Best regards,

Mahlon

Thanked by:

Fat Tails 
Berlin, Europe
Market Wizard

Platform: NinjaTrader, MultiCharts
Broker: Interactive Brokers
Trading: Keyboard
Thanks Given: 4,242
Thanks Received: 27,103

Hi Andy,

why do you need to move to Italy to trade 6E?

ZTR 

I have reached the point that I must spend the majority of my efforts on healing.

Goals:

Downtime is important: So I will be making time to regularly meditate. This gives your brain a chance to reset to a more positive mind-set. This also includes avoiding sitting in front of the computer for hours on end.

Eating right. Must avoid many of the foods I love, but can be dangerous in a suppressed immunological state. So, no more black & blue meat, and certainly no sushi and shellfish. Raw vegetables, while good for most people can be dangerous at this time for me.

Very mild exercise. Hard for me to do - when I feel good I want to push it - no more. Going to the baseball game last week (which went into extra innings) almost put me in the hospital.

Trading - Will not be posting again until this can really be treated as a business. That is the point, right?

I have the greatest life, now I just need my health to enjoy it.
Will be finally taking all the advice given and follow it. No more

Thanks to everyone on the forum who has encouraged me.
Hope to be back one day.

ZTR 

Fat Tails View Post
Hi Andy,

why do you need to move to Italy to trade 6E?

I think 6e trades better at night in San Francisco, & I need my beauty rest.

What better excuse to ride MVAgustas, & Ducatis, and to fine someone - What is the phrase? - dumb enough - to let me get behind the wheel of a Lamborghini

Then an evening of drinking Super Tuscans, and enjoying the company of the people there.

Oh, don't forget the food.

Thanked by:

jagui 
Italy - Roma

Platform: Ninja + proprietary
Broker: IB
Trading: Index futures, Forex, Stocks
Thanks Given: 298
Thanks Received: 314

ZTR View Post
I think 6e trades better at night in San Francisco, & I need my beauty rest.

What better excuse to ride MVAgustas, & Ducatis, and to fine someone - What is the phrase? - dumb enough - to let me get behind the wheel of a Lamborghini

Then an evening of drinking Super Tuscans, and enjoying the company of the people there.

Oh, don't forget the food.

You forgot the beautiful girls, if you're interested :-)

75% of the historical-artistic patrimony of the world are found in Italy.

BTW there are also drawbacks here, the main is that people are more and more losing any sense of community and civics, italians are selfish, arrogant and rude. There are exceptions of course, but this is the main trend.

Thanked by:

ZTR 

Closed Thread

Last Updated on December 30, 2010

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts