NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

Is School of Trade legitimate? (www.schooloftrade.com)

Discussion in Trading Reviews and Vendors

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one Fibbee with 32 posts (26 thanks)
    2. looks_two LloydH with 31 posts (13 thanks)
    3. looks_3 benrock with 19 posts (3 thanks)
    4. looks_4 sharmas with 18 posts (20 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one Kujo with 22 thanks per post
    2. looks_two JonnyBoy with 2.1 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 sharmas with 1.1 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 Fibbee with 0.8 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 170,664 views
    2. thumb_up 250 thanks given
    3. group 51 followers
    1. forum 265 posts
    2. attach_file 22 attachments

Search this Thread

Is School of Trade legitimate? (www.schooloftrade.com)

Big Mike 
Manta, Ecuador
Site Administrator
Developer
Swing Trader

Experience: Advanced
Platform: Custom solution
Broker: IBKR
Trading: Stocks & Futures
Frequency: Every few days
Duration: Weeks
Thanks Given: 33,172
Thanks Received: 101,535

benrock View Post
no mike i have no contact or conection with school of trade , ill forward you my emails to them asking questions about service if needed . all i did was take a demo ,

Just interesting you are using an identical copy of a message defending this vendor, and have posted it twice in this thread and once on another website a few months ago...

Mike

We're here to help: just ask the community or contact our Help Desk

Quick Links: Change your Username or Register as a Vendor
Searching for trading reviews? Review this list
Lifetime Elite Membership: Sign-up for only $149 USD
Exclusive money saving offers from our Site Sponsors: Browse Offers
Report problems with the site: Using the NexusFi changelog thread
Follow me on Twitter Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Reply With Quote

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
NT7 Indicator Script Troubleshooting - Camarilla Pivots
NinjaTrader
Better Renko Gaps
The Elite Circle
Exit Strategy
NinjaTrader
NexusFi Journal Challenge - April 2024
Feedback and Announcements
Futures True Range Report
The Elite Circle

Best Threads (Most Thanked)
in the last 7 days on NexusFi
Get funded firms 2023/2024 - Any recommendations or word …
61 thanks
Funded Trader platforms
39 thanks
NexusFi site changelog and issues/problem reporting
26 thanks
Battlestations: Show us your trading desks!
24 thanks
The Program
18 thanks
 benrock 
hampton bays

Experience: Master
Platform: ninjatrader , TOS
Broker: CQG
Trading: FUTURES

it only went twice cause i was on my iphone and didnt go through so i hit submit reply again and it posted it twice , believe me i have no contact with them , i have be going back and forth with them trying to get a better deal on site ,

heres an answer to my last email from them , i asked about other members talking to me and what happens if something happen to jj who would run the school !

Perry - SchoolOfTrade
Apr 4 (5 days ago)

Hi Ben,

Let me send out an email to our members and see if anyone will speak with
you.

Yes, we have a 2nd trade room for members only, which we just unveiled this
week.

There are plenty of members who could take over for JJ if something happens
to him. Plus all of the course materials and trading resources are held in
the member section and available 24 hours a day. So even if JJ wasn’t here
for some reason you would be fully trained on the system as well as have
possession of all the tools and resources.

Yes, we accept credit card. When you are ready to sign up I will send over
the URL and promo code to use.

Follow me on Twitter Reply With Quote
 benrock 
hampton bays

all i was doing was saying my experience thats all , i could care less if anyone joins there site , as a matter a fact unless they lower ther cost for me then i wont be joining either , few months ago they offered a good price and i dint take it , now when i wanted to join they reniged on that price so we are working on a new price for the advanced coarse .

but im starting to think i just had a lucky run after all the crap i keep reading about them .

Big Mike 
Manta, Ecuador
Site Administrator
Developer
Swing Trader

Alright, thanks Ben.

Mike

Fibbee 
Boston, MA. United States

Experience: Intermediate
Platform: Ninja
Trading: Futures and Forex
Thanks Given: 102
Thanks Received: 166

Hey Guys, Fibbee here to "tout" the school of trade some more.

The two screen-shots below were posted on sidewaysmarkets.com yesterday afternoon. (the daily blog used by JJ)

I check the blog at night sometimes and unlike most of the screen-shots he posts at the end of the day, these are wide enough to clearly see his chart trader and that he is trading a live account.

@LloydH Please forward this to your investigative team and get back to me.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	CRUDE OIL TRADE TODAY.jpg
Views:	435
Size:	265.0 KB
ID:	77542   Click image for larger version

Name:	RUSSELL TRADE TODAY.jpg
Views:	440
Size:	300.7 KB
ID:	77543  
Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Reply With Quote
Thanked by:

Big Mike 
Manta, Ecuador
Site Administrator
Developer
Swing Trader

Fibbee View Post
Hey Guys, Fibbee here to "tout" the school of trade some more.

The two screen-shots below were posted on sidewaysmarkets.com yesterday afternoon. (the daily blog used by JJ)

I check the blog at night sometimes and unlike most of the screen-shots he posts at the end of the day, these are wide enough to clearly see his chart trader and that he is trading a live account.

@LloydH Please forward this to your investigative team and get back to me.

Please only post reviews of your actual trades, not just repost what the vendor uses for marketing his product.

This thread is for reviews, not solicitations or advertising. And you've already given your review...

Mike

nqcruiser 
Cape Town, South Africa

Platform: ninjatrader, ensignsoftware
Broker: ampfutures/Zen-Fire
Trading: 6E, Cl, TF
Thanks Given: 15
Thanks Received: 51

One thing we never should glance over, is the fact that owners of tradingrooms are NEVER selfless good samaritans rendering a service to help the retail trader. Even in the best scenarios, where they claim they are offering the service to repay something they received in the beginning years, its still doubtful whether they are trade successfully and if so, why the hell do they bother with selling their stuff/systems/rooms to the retail trader.

the owner of SOT is in my view a bad samaritan. he pretends to help but for a steady fee. let him give a selfless free service and let the retail crowd give him donations out of appreciation.

any good trader should make money trading, not selling a service. otherwise they quality to be called bad samaritans..

Fibbee 
Boston, MA. United States

Platform: Ninja
Trading: Futures and Forex
Thanks Given: 102
Thanks Received: 166

I know I have spent my two cents on this thread, and I have been hesitant to make another post feeling slightly reprimanded by Big Mike for my last one. However, I want to clarify a couple of things that I wrote about in my original posts a few months ago.

At the time I had just lost the better part of my first account through undisciplined behavior and letting an auto-trader run while I was sleeping. Mistakes I have now taken personal responsibility for. Regardless, I was looking for someone to blame for my own lack of professionalism and this thread provided me the opportunity to bash JJ and his service. I was very frustrated at the time by his constant sales effort towards trial members, it made me feel like I was just a number, and I felt joining SOT was a mistake. My own lack of immediate success lead me to feel like I had been ripped off. However, I have been given everything I was told and with full transparency. One of the things that JJ strives to teach people is disqualifying trades, finding a reason to let it pass by, and this can be extremely difficult for new traders to do when they are over-eager and impatient about success. I found myself taking trades he disqualified, and most of them ended up being losers.

I assumed he was trading a sim because I was unable to replicate similar results and the arguments some of you provided kind of made sense. Although, I never truly believed that having listened and watched him in the trade room. There is no reason why he would not be trading live, he is a professional about his trading in every sense. Even down to things that many people would consider irrelevant, like not consuming caffeine for example. It would be like Lance Armstrong using training wheels..

The bottom line is, you can call the SOT a scam, you can call JJ a bad samaritan for running a room, but the method and lessons he is trying to teach people work. I wouldn't expect him or anyone else to do it for free. He is not hiding anything from anyone, he posts screenshots with his chart trader fully visible and his executions from NT on the blog every night. What more do you want? Now that I have finally set aside my own ego, and I am dedicated towards actually following what he teaches and not trying to incorporate other indicators, or deviate from the plan, my trading has never been better. I am finally listening instead of hearing what he is teaching. Now, I am not saying that there are not things about SOT that I cant stand. The email blasts, the sales pitches, and the constant stupid questions by newbie traders that don't want to do any work on their own, all those can become extremely frustrating to listen too. But the facts still remain, the School of Trade is a legitimate school of trade. At least in my humble contradicting opinion. Whether you want to be a legitimate student is not in his control, that is solely up to you.

Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Reply With Quote

Aragorn 
Salt Lake City, UT

Platform: NinjaTrader
Broker: NinjaTrader Brokerage
Trading: ES, 6E
Thanks Given: 215
Thanks Received: 359

I guess the thing that really turned me off to him and made me question his ethics was he would identify a trade and then, after several seconds would say something like, "Wait" or "Hold on" as though he had changed his mind. Most are going to say that I was expecting a trade calling room. Not true. I never took the trade. What I questioned is that this change of mind, a losing trade, never showed up on the P&L statement at the end of the day. Why not? He was "cooking the books". Ya know what, I'd have a lot more respect for the man if he was completely honest. By fudging on his success it relegates him to the same mass of schisters and scam artists to which we all try to avoid. Some may want to sift through the morass of good or bad, right or wrong, legit or scam scenarios and examples. I have neither the time nor the inclination to so investigate further. I would not be so objective as I once was. I would now only be looking to validate an already biased opinion.

Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Started this thread Reply With Quote
Thanked by:
 benrock 
hampton bays

where is bid and ask on the chart trader , and if u take a screen shot with ninja , the chart trader does not stay in pic , read his website , it says all trades are simulated

Last Updated on November 29, 2017

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts