NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

Is School of Trade legitimate? (www.schooloftrade.com)

Discussion in Trading Reviews and Vendors

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one Fibbee with 32 posts (26 thanks)
    2. looks_two LloydH with 31 posts (13 thanks)
    3. looks_3 benrock with 19 posts (3 thanks)
    4. looks_4 sharmas with 18 posts (20 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one Kujo with 22 thanks per post
    2. looks_two JonnyBoy with 2.1 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 sharmas with 1.1 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 Fibbee with 0.8 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 170,769 views
    2. thumb_up 250 thanks given
    3. group 51 followers
    1. forum 265 posts
    2. attach_file 22 attachments

Search this Thread

Is School of Trade legitimate? (www.schooloftrade.com)

benrock 
hampton bays

Experience: Master
Platform: ninjatrader , TOS
Broker: CQG
Trading: FUTURES

he will probably boot me for writing that , but me and jj have made peace and i think its one of the better programs out there , lots of bs out there

Follow me on Twitter Reply With Quote

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
My NT8 Volume Profile Split by Asian/Euro/Open
NinjaTrader
Are there any eval firms that allow you to sink to your …
Traders Hideout
Build trailing stop for micro index(s)
Psychology and Money Management
Ninja Mobile Trader VPS (ninjamobiletrader.com)
Trading Reviews and Vendors
Better Renko Gaps
The Elite Circle

Best Threads (Most Thanked)
in the last 7 days on NexusFi
Get funded firms 2023/2024 - Any recommendations or word …
56 thanks
Funded Trader platforms
44 thanks
NexusFi site changelog and issues/problem reporting
24 thanks
GFIs1 1 DAX trade per day journal
22 thanks
The Program
19 thanks

Fibbee 
Boston, MA. United States

Experience: Intermediate
Platform: Ninja
Trading: Futures and Forex
Thanks Given: 102
Thanks Received: 166

I think that booting members for asking questions is more unethical than running a live room on a sim. My intentions are not to litter the internet with trash talking, I just want to know the truth, and I think its only fair that if someone is doing their own due diligence before becoming a member they can come across this thread and understand the fine print. I have learned a lot from JJ, and I dont regret joining. I dont really have much more to say on the matter.

Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Reply With Quote
 benrock 
hampton bays

i agree , i learned alot too and do not regret joining , and i have met some wonderful traders who i now trade with live everyday in our own little group

LloydH
Manchester

Thanks Given: 0
Thanks Received: 13

benrock is a shill & a liar

benrock posted on this thread in March 2012 saying he had just done a 2 free trial sessions, refer to the post here :

TWO MONTHS EARLIER, IN JANUARY 2012 BENROCK POSTED ON MY BLOG SAYING HE JUST PAID FOR AN ADVANCED MEMBERSHIP!

Please look back to my earlier post on this thread regarding comments from benrock,

JJ goes round all the forums posting garbage, as soon as some truth is written about his scam he tries to fill the thread up with nonsense posts about how great he is and how system makes tons of money, garbage SOT is a scam, amazing he is still getting away with it!

benrock 
hampton bays

First of all I have never posted on ur blog , I joined sot about 6 months ago , I am not liar and I'm not disagreeing with u but like I said if I post anything bad about sot I lose my membership , I know and respect ur sot feelings , not against u brother

BeachTrader 
Phoenix AZ

Experience: Beginner
Platform: NinjaTrader
Broker: AMP / CQG
Trading: CL, ES, NQ
Thanks Given: 153
Thanks Received: 432

Lloyd, I know nothing about SOT but I hope you can get past your bad experience with them and find peace in your trading. Good luck!

Aragorn 
Salt Lake City, UT

Platform: NinjaTrader
Broker: NinjaTrader Brokerage
Trading: ES, 6E
Thanks Given: 215
Thanks Received: 359

BeachTrader View Post
Lloyd, I know nothing about SOT but I hope you can get past your bad experience with them and find peace in your trading. Good luck!

It seems to me SOT should refund this guys money.

Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Started this thread Reply With Quote
LloydH
Manchester

Thanks Given: 0
Thanks Received: 13

Anyone who wants to join the class action law suit against SOT needs to register at my BLOG, www.schooloftrade.com & James Wave Review

tradermark2009 
Concord, CA

Platform: Sierra Charts and NT7
Broker: AMP/CQG
Trading: Mini's and CL
Thanks Given: 975
Thanks Received: 276

In 1997 I took a Wade Cook class-cost was about $3900. His big statement was do as I do...watch me from our website and follow me. So I blindly signed up for 6 months for more big $$. I did his option trades and slowly took a 10K account to almost nothing about 1200 left in it. My winners were small, and my losers were large...heard that story before. About 3-4 years later I signed up for a class action suit, and filled out 8-10 pages. About 1 year or so later, the FCC won the suit against Cook and his company, and I got a check in the mail. It was for less then 1% of what I paid, the FCC took the majority of the suit. The lawyers make a killing.....not so much for anyone else. BTW, I took my wife to dinner, and told her I was sorry for losing 14K. BTW, I never lost like that again....but money mgt. is so key to trading, and focus on that not who is teaching or calling trades. It is all up to us. Here are my daily rules that I read each day prior to trading:

My philosophy of Trading:

1. Trading is a probability business.
2. You can win or you can lose when trading. Learn to accept losing…this is hard to learn at first. Our culture says we must win at all costs. Trading is 180 of what we have been taught in life.
3. Know the trading probability of your system.
4. Do not use real money, until you can duplicate your trading method and results in Sim mode, as you would trading real money. The pressure in RT separates from this fact.
5. Even under all your systems best risk reward setup you will still have losing trades.
6. Learn to love those losing trades just as much as you win….just keep the losers short and follow your rules.
7. Let your winners run, and keep your losers tight-Not the other way around.
It is your job to minimize your losses and maximize your winners-No One Else is responsible for you but YOU.
8. Do not take every trade you see…Know the best time for your trading method.
9. You must follow your specific rule set for each trade that will help you to be on the winning side of trades most of the time.
10. You are the Holy Grail….not a system, or someone else.
11. Become a Master of- Volume Analysis, S & R, Price action and the specific markets you trade.

Hope this helps...trade relaxed.... above all be happy. Mark

LloydH View Post
Anyone who wants to join the class action law suit against SOT needs to register at my BLOG, www.schooloftrade.com & James Wave Review

Big Mike 
Manta, Ecuador
Site Administrator
Developer
Swing Trader

Experience: Advanced
Platform: Custom solution
Broker: IBKR
Trading: Stocks & Futures
Frequency: Every few days
Duration: Weeks
Thanks Given: 33,177
Thanks Received: 101,541

It seems School of Trade is pirating Elite indicators and selling them as their own. This is based on a video I just watched on YouTube where they were saying to get Gom indicators from their website.

I have tried to make contact with him. If true, I will take legal action. Based on what I've read in this thread with all the other legal action against these people it is not surprising.

Here is the true link to Gom Volume Ladder Metro edition, in Elite section, by original author and Elite only as per Gomi:

Mike

We're here to help: just ask the community or contact our Help Desk

Quick Links: Change your Username or Register as a Vendor
Searching for trading reviews? Review this list
Lifetime Elite Membership: Sign-up for only $149 USD
Exclusive money saving offers from our Site Sponsors: Browse Offers
Report problems with the site: Using the NexusFi changelog thread
Follow me on Twitter Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Reply With Quote
Thanked by:

Last Updated on November 29, 2017

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts