NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

Is School of Trade legitimate? (www.schooloftrade.com)

Discussion in Trading Reviews and Vendors

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one Fibbee with 32 posts (26 thanks)
    2. looks_two LloydH with 31 posts (13 thanks)
    3. looks_3 benrock with 19 posts (3 thanks)
    4. looks_4 sharmas with 18 posts (20 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one Kujo with 22 thanks per post
    2. looks_two JonnyBoy with 2.1 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 sharmas with 1.1 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 Fibbee with 0.8 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 170,664 views
    2. thumb_up 250 thanks given
    3. group 51 followers
    1. forum 265 posts
    2. attach_file 22 attachments

Search this Thread

Is School of Trade legitimate? (www.schooloftrade.com)

Aragorn 
Salt Lake City, UT

Experience: Intermediate
Platform: NinjaTrader
Broker: NinjaTrader Brokerage
Trading: ES, 6E
Thanks Given: 215
Thanks Received: 359

More needs to be done to shut people like this down. This industry is full of scam artists who prey on others through a perfected craft and web of lies and deceipt. Perhaps members aught to take an agressive and united stance to get this guy out of the industry.

Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Started this thread Reply With Quote
Thanked by:

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
Better Renko Gaps
The Elite Circle
NT7 Indicator Script Troubleshooting - Camarilla Pivots
NinjaTrader
ZombieSqueeze
Platforms and Indicators
Are there any eval firms that allow you to sink to your …
Traders Hideout
NexusFi Journal Challenge - April 2024
Feedback and Announcements

Best Threads (Most Thanked)
in the last 7 days on NexusFi
Get funded firms 2023/2024 - Any recommendations or word …
61 thanks
Funded Trader platforms
39 thanks
NexusFi site changelog and issues/problem reporting
26 thanks
The Program
18 thanks
GFIs1 1 DAX trade per day journal
18 thanks
 gparkis 
New York City, NY/USA

Platform: NT
Trading: 6E, ZN, CL
Thanks Given: 3
Thanks Received: 74

Aragorn View Post
More needs to be done to shut people like this down. This industry is full of scam artists who prey on others through a perfected craft and web of lies and deceipt. Perhaps members aught to take an agressive and united stance to get this guy out of the industry.

i would second that

Thanked by:
LloydH
Manchester

Thanks Given: 0
Thanks Received: 13

www.schooloftrade.com & James Wave Review: LEGAL ACTION PENDING : SCHOOLOFTRADE.COM

LloydH
Manchester

SOT ordered to repay membership fees as judge rules against SOT & JJ in california small claims court. Read the full details : here

Linds 
Victoria, Australia

Platform: NT, MT4
Broker: NT
Trading: Bund , ASX 200
Thanks Given: 982
Thanks Received: 533

Is this going to be any help to people outside of the US do you think? If so..how?

Great news though!

Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Reply With Quote
LloydH
Manchester

Linds View Post
Is this going to be any help to people outside of the US do you think? If so..how?

Great news though!

Linds, this topic need further investigation to establish exactly how a non US resident can file a small claim. I do not have the answer yet unfortunately. What we have is the defendant selling a service over the internet to customers outside the state of California.

Fibbee 
Boston, MA. United States

Platform: Ninja
Trading: Futures and Forex
Thanks Given: 102
Thanks Received: 166

I am a member of schooloftrade.com

I joined to learn how to become a better trader, not to shadow trade someone.

Personally I think that if you join the SOT (or any trading service/website) with the ambition to shadow trade someone, you're an idiot and you don't want to actually learn how to become a trader, just how to push the button when someone else says so.

If you follow the emails, facebook posts, or tweets from Schooloftrade.com the answer to whether or not he is trading live is usually found within.

A facebook post today stated "85 ticks trading crude oil, 3 trades called live today"

He will say 3 trades called LIVE, instead of saying 3 live trades. A little twist of the words can work nicely.

Its pretty obvious that he is not trading live.

Is the school legitimate? As a school, yes it is, as a never-have-a-losing-day-again-trading-this-unbelievable-system, god no. The education offered by SOT is good, he is continuously updating the website and building out the business for his members. Most of the video's however can be cut down to about 20 minutes of actual information, the other hour is him repeating himself. Regardless, I still learned some things from JJ that I have integrated into my trading. I wouldn't put a price tag of 3 or 4 thousand dollars on it though, its pretty obvious that his focus is selling memberships and not actually making money day trading.

I could speculate on why he does not trade live, and I don't think it is because he does not know what he is doing, but that too, is irrelevant to the question that was asked.

Im not saying that the same information can not be found elsewhere, because it certainly can be, or that JJ is the master of the trading universe. I figured out that he was probably not trading live shortly after becoming a member. However, given the investment I do not try and trash the website all over the internet as that will only get me revoked. I just check in from time to time and see if it can provide me with any new helpful information.

Hope that helps, I know this is an older thread but maybe it will prove useful for new visitors.

Fibbee

LloydH
Manchester

When I joined SOT JJ blatantly insisted he traded a live account in his trade room. When he was questioned as to why he did not trade more contracts given his methods were so successful he used to say that his brothers traded his "main" account for him and he just traded a small account in the live trade room. If you asked JJ to provide evidence to support his claims he kicked you out of your lifetime membership. Many people were deceived by JJ and his false claims. Furthermore there are several quotes in public forums from JJ claiming he trades a live account. JJ has definitely changed his approach and is now putting heavy emphasis on the fact his methods are for education purposes only. With all the information now online and with the heat that has been created JJ is being forced to admit things he would not have chosen not too in the past. JJ realised he could not continue with his blatant rip-off scam tactics and is now trying to clean up his act, that is the bottom line. Even if JJ became squeaky clean now it will not excuse him for the crimes in his past.
Fibbee View Post
I am a member of schooloftrade.com

I joined to learn how to become a better trader, not to shadow trade someone.

Personally I think that if you join the SOT (or any trading service/website) with the ambition to shadow trade someone, you're an idiot and you don't want to actually learn how to become a trader, just how to push the button when someone else says so.

If you follow the emails, facebook posts, or tweets from Schooloftrade.com the answer to whether or not he is trading live is usually found within.

A facebook post today stated "85 ticks trading crude oil, 3 trades called live today"

He will say 3 trades called LIVE, instead of saying 3 live trades. A little twist of the words can work nicely.

Its pretty obvious that he is not trading live.

Is the school legitimate? As a school, yes it is, as a never-have-a-losing-day-again-trading-this-unbelievable-system, god no. The education offered by SOT is good, he is continuously updating the website and building out the business for his members. Most of the video's however can be cut down to about 20 minutes of actual information, the other hour is him repeating himself. Regardless, I still learned some things from JJ that I have integrated into my trading. I wouldn't put a price tag of 3 or 4 thousand dollars on it though, its pretty obvious that his focus is selling memberships and not actually making money day trading.

I could speculate on why he does not trade live, and I don't think it is because he does not know what he is doing, but that too, is irrelevant to the question that was asked.

Im not saying that the same information can not be found elsewhere, because it certainly can be, or that JJ is the master of the trading universe. I figured out that he was probably not trading live shortly after becoming a member. However, given the investment I do not try and trash the website all over the internet as that will only get me revoked. I just check in from time to time and see if it can provide me with any new helpful information.

Hope that helps, I know this is an older thread but maybe it will prove useful for new visitors.

Fibbee

Fibbee 
Boston, MA. United States

Platform: Ninja
Trading: Futures and Forex
Thanks Given: 102
Thanks Received: 166

LloydH View Post
When I joined SOT JJ blatantly insisted he traded a live account in his trade room. When he was questioned as to why he did not trade more contracts given his methods were so successful he used to say that his brothers traded his "main" account for him and he just traded a small account in the live trade room. If you asked JJ to provide evidence to support his claims he kicked you out of your lifetime membership. Many people were deceived by JJ and his false claims. Furthermore there are several quotes in public forums from JJ claiming he trades a live account. JJ has definitely changed his approach and is now putting heavy emphasis on the fact his methods are for education purposes only. With all the information now online and with the heat that has been created JJ is being forced to admit things he would not have chosen not too in the past. JJ realised he could not continue with his blatant rip-off scam tactics and is now trying to clean up his act, that is the bottom line. Even if JJ became squeaky clean now it will not excuse him for the crimes in his past.

Lloyd,

I am a little bit confused about why you felt the need to post a venting reply, as I clearly answered Aragorn's question. But it's evident from your blog, youtube video's, posts on Ripoff Report and probably every scam review website on the internet, that you have a serious grudge against the school of trade, so I am not surprised you would jump at the opportunity.

I blatantly said that I did not think JJ was trading LIVE and that I did not feel that the education provided was worth the money, furthermore I also said I was hoping that this would help a new visitor who is contemplating joining the SOT. In other words I am telling people not to join. So that is why I am a little confused about why you would rant about JJ's "crimes of the past" towards me, I am not concerned with that.

I am not here defending him in any way, or advocating his service.

Let me reiterate my points in my previous post more clearly, so hopefully we can be on the same page.

Is the SOT legitimate? My answer, As an "educational service" Yes.
Is JJ trading LIVE? My answer, NO, I do not think so.
Is the education from SOT worth the price tag? My answer, NO.

Fibbee

“When you hold resentment toward another, you are bound to that person or condition by an emotional link that is stronger than steel. Forgiveness is the only way to dissolve that link and get free.”

Thanked by:
LloydH
Manchester

Is SOT Legitimate in any way, NO! Not even as an educational service Fibbe and I will tell you one more reason why.

Do you really think Joseph James (JJ) is for real in any way? Why does he use a false name then? Yes, that's right JJ has a shady history all right and when he moved to California he thought twice about using his real name in case he got tracked down again. Joseph James is in fact really called Joseph Dufresne and he works his scam with his brother.

Now that we have uncovered your real name Joseph, I wonder if anybody out there can help us with your address in California?

Last Updated on November 29, 2017

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts