NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

Is School of Trade legitimate? (www.schooloftrade.com)

Discussion in Trading Reviews and Vendors

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one Fibbee with 32 posts (26 thanks)
    2. looks_two LloydH with 31 posts (13 thanks)
    3. looks_3 benrock with 19 posts (3 thanks)
    4. looks_4 sharmas with 18 posts (20 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one Kujo with 22 thanks per post
    2. looks_two JonnyBoy with 2.1 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 sharmas with 1.1 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 Fibbee with 0.8 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 170,664 views
    2. thumb_up 250 thanks given
    3. group 51 followers
    1. forum 265 posts
    2. attach_file 22 attachments

Search this Thread

Is School of Trade legitimate? (www.schooloftrade.com)

traderwerks   is a Vendor

Thanks Given: 436
Thanks Received: 465

sharmas View Post
Now we need You Tube to take down all his videos as he has over 19k subscribers in there.

All his Trade of the Days have been in Market replays and his Webinars have been selective market replays too.

Sharmas

I just looked at their Youtube page and they are still posting new videos.

Math. A gateway drug to reality.
Thanked by:

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
Deepmoney LLM
Elite Quantitative GenAI/LLM
Futures True Range Report
The Elite Circle
My NT8 Volume Profile Split by Asian/Euro/Open
NinjaTrader
Better Renko Gaps
The Elite Circle
New Micros: Ultra 10-Year & Ultra T-Bond -- Live Now
Treasury Notes and Bonds

Best Threads (Most Thanked)
in the last 7 days on NexusFi
Get funded firms 2023/2024 - Any recommendations or word …
61 thanks
Funded Trader platforms
38 thanks
NexusFi site changelog and issues/problem reporting
27 thanks
GFIs1 1 DAX trade per day journal
19 thanks
The Program
18 thanks
LloydH
Manchester

Thanks Given: 0
Thanks Received: 13

CFTC Charges California Residents Joseph Dufresne, Megan Renkow, and Their Company, United Business Servicing, Inc., Doing Business as Schooloftrade.Com, with Fraudulently Marketing Commodity Futures Trading Strategies and Systems

JonnyBoy 
Montreal, Quebec

Experience: Advanced
Platform: NinjaTrader 8
Broker: Kinetick
Trading: ES
Thanks Given: 706
Thanks Received: 3,854

HoopyTrading View Post
There is a big problem with folks who claim to be "trading site reviewers"...

They go in for a day or two into the thing, for a couple of hours, and come out with "tons of experience" with the place.

This is patently wrong. You have to spend a few years inside the bowels of a trading site, day in and day out, to finally understand what they are all about. You can't get the gist of a place with a few hours over a couple of days attending.

This is basic common sense. Have we all lost common sense? Eeek.

Whilst I agree that trading is a long term proposition, a few days is enough to provide a flavour of the said trading room.

You can tell very quickly if there is a) any trading going on and b) if it is just an infomercial for additional products or services.

And what we shouldn’t forget is this. Emmett requests that the vendor provide redacted trading statements to prove that they are actually trading LIVE in the first place. 99.9% of them can’t even provide a single day of verifiable evidence.

So whether they are selling a trading room, an indicator or a system. If there is no proof there is actual trading happening then that can be determined very quickly.

--------------------------------------------------------
- Trade what you see. Invest in what you believe -
Thanked by:
 kevinkdog   is a Vendor

Thanks Given: 1,890
Thanks Received: 7,338

HoopyTrading View Post
There is a big problem with folks who claim to be "trading site reviewers"...

They go in for a day or two into the thing, for a couple of hours, and come out with "tons of experience" with the place.

This is patently wrong. You have to spend a few years inside the bowels of a trading site, day in and day out, to finally understand what they are all about. You can't get the gist of a place with a few hours over a couple of days attending.

This is basic common sense. Have we all lost common sense? Eeek.

You should not have to spend a "few years" in a trading room to figure out if it is fake. Common sense usually gives you the answer very quickly. Heck, with most of these knucklehead vendors, you don't even have to go in the room to know they are slinging manure.

My motto: "if it looks too good to be true, it probably is."

Be very skeptical of EVERY vendor. Assume they are frauds, unless they can prove otherwise. Most people do the exact opposite - they assume the vendors are real, and then ignore the fraud signs.

Follow me on Twitter Reply With Quote

xplorer 
London UK
Site Moderator

Experience: Beginner
Platform: CQG
Broker: S5
Trading: Futures
Thanks Given: 15,447
Thanks Received: 15,291

kevinkdog View Post
You should not have to spend a "few years" in a trading room to figure out if it is fake. Common sense usually gives you the answer very quickly. Heck, with most of these knucklehead vendors, you don't even have to go in the room to know they are slinging manure.

My motto: "if it looks too good to be true, it probably is."

Be very skeptical of EVERY vendor. Assume they are frauds, unless they can prove otherwise. Most people do the exact opposite - they assume the vendors are real, and then ignore the fraud signs.

I agree. Spending a few years on a website to see if it's fake is unnecessary (and downright financially dangerous) as with most dodgy websites as Kevin points out you can easily read the signs for fraud.

Thanked by:

JonnyBoy 
Montreal, Quebec

Experience: Advanced
Platform: NinjaTrader 8
Broker: Kinetick
Trading: ES
Thanks Given: 706
Thanks Received: 3,854

emini2000 View Post
Not so. He's on the "Explore the Eco System" page here under "NinjaTrader Education Partners". Right in the middle.

https://web.archive.org/web/20130622075145/www.ninjatrader.com/partners#Education

I guess once something is posted into CyberSpace, it never actually goes away.

@NinjaTrader - I guess you will have to admit defeat on this one. It may not have been listed on ninjatraderecosystem.com but School of Trade was certainly listed as an "Education Partner" at some point.

And I quote "The world’s leading trading education providers use NinjaTrader. No compromises. They demand the best and NinjaTrader delivers."

Don't get me wrong. I am a big fan of NinjaTrader trading platform (NT8 bumps and all) and have been using NT since 2009. But you really have to introduce a much more in depth background check and vetting process. Your decision tree on whether to list a vendor/educator needs a serious overhaul. You are getting a bad rap here. IMO I would stop with immediate effect until you can roll out something that people can begin to trust, because right now they really don't.

Do you receive any compensation from vendors listed as “Education Partners” or listed on the EcoSystem?

- Trade what you see. Invest in what you believe -
Thanked by:

NinjaTrader  NinjaTrader is an official Site Sponsor
Site Sponsor

Web: NinjaTrader
AMA: Ask Me Anything
Webinars: NinjaTrader Webinars
Elite offer: Click here

Thanks Given: 203
Thanks Received: 2,686

JonnyBoy View Post
It may not have been listed on ninjatraderecosystem.com but School of Trade was certainly listed as an "Education Partner" at some point.

Clearly I was wrong, in fact they were listed on our website for a period of time. I am looking into this since I sincerely thought they were never listed.

JonnyBoy View Post
But you really have to introduce a much more in depth background check and vetting process. Your decision tree on whether to list a vendor/educator needs a serious overhaul.

Improving how vendors are listed and continually audited has been a high priority project for us over the last few months. I appreciate the concerns raised by members of the forum and know that I take this very seriously. As a result, our improved process will be more transparent and public communications more frequent.

JonnyBoy View Post
Do you receive any compensation from vendors listed as “Education Partners” or listed on the EcoSystem?

No, we do not.

LloydH
Manchester

Thanks Given: 0
Thanks Received: 13

The fact these guys were listed as a trusted partner by both Ninjatrader and Mirus Futures (since acquired by Ninjatrader in June 2014) did have a big impact on my (stupid) decision to join schooloftrade.com. Being listed as a trusted partner by two respected organisations lent schooloftrade.com some considerable credibility that they clearly did not deserve. I am sure others can fill in the blanks but my understanding is that Joseph Dufresne used a connection at Mirus Futures well to enjoy this status.

NinjaTrader View Post
Clearly I was wrong, in fact they were listed on our website for a period of time. I am looking into this since I sincerely thought they were never listed.

Improving how vendors are listed and continually audited has been a high priority project for us over the last few months. I appreciate the concerns raised by members of the forum and know that I take this very seriously. As a result, our improved process will be more transparent and public communications more frequent.

No, we do not.

HoopyTrading 
Boston, MA

kevinkdog View Post

In retrospect, yes I agree, I should not have typed years. I suppose a few weeks would suffice. But my point was not about seeing if they were "fake", but the totality of the experience. My bad in choice of timeframe.

kevinkdog   is a Vendor

Thanks Given: 1,890
Thanks Received: 7,338

HoopyTrading View Post
In retrospect, yes I agree, I should not have typed years. I suppose a few weeks would suffice. But my point was not about seeing if they were "fake", but the totality of the experience. My bad in choice of timeframe.

Gotcha. I guess you could theoretically learn from some of these guys, maybe some things to do, but really what not to do. And maybe that would make it worth whatever cost.

But most of these bonehead vendors talk a good game, yet cannot trade their way out of a paper bag. That to me is a big deal.

Last Updated on November 29, 2017

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts