NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

Is School of Trade legitimate? (www.schooloftrade.com)

Discussion in Trading Reviews and Vendors

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one Fibbee with 32 posts (26 thanks)
    2. looks_two LloydH with 31 posts (13 thanks)
    3. looks_3 benrock with 19 posts (3 thanks)
    4. looks_4 sharmas with 18 posts (20 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one Kujo with 22 thanks per post
    2. looks_two JonnyBoy with 2.1 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 sharmas with 1.1 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 Fibbee with 0.8 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 170,664 views
    2. thumb_up 250 thanks given
    3. group 51 followers
    1. forum 265 posts
    2. attach_file 22 attachments

Search this Thread

Is School of Trade legitimate? (www.schooloftrade.com)

sharmas 
Auckland

Experience: Advanced
Platform: Ninja Trader
Broker: Zen-Fire
Trading: CL and ES
Thanks Given: 3,822
Thanks Received: 750

We need to stop JJ and Megan James as they have no regard to the hurt and pain they are inflicting on people as they are more than happy to take their money and offer nothing in return apart from false promise.

Lets team up and lay our complaints.

How do we get the CFTC to act on this? Quite simply, enough people need to immediately begin to fill out the following complaint form with the CFTC.

The form only takes a few minutes to complete. After the form is submitted, approximately 10 to 14 days later, you will be contacted by a lawyer that works in the enforcement division. They will interview you, the process takes only a few minutes. They will then have you forward any and all pertinent information to their mailing address.

Once you read about the numerous people who have been duped by this 2 people, we must act and get rid of people like JJ and Megan James from trading world.

School Of Trade and Sideways Markets - Trading Schools.Org

Sharmas

Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Reply With Quote
Thanked by:

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
Futures True Range Report
The Elite Circle
Are there any eval firms that allow you to sink to your …
Traders Hideout
NexusFi Journal Challenge - April 2024
Feedback and Announcements
Deepmoney LLM
Elite Quantitative GenAI/LLM
NT7 Indicator Script Troubleshooting - Camarilla Pivots
NinjaTrader

Best Threads (Most Thanked)
in the last 7 days on NexusFi
Get funded firms 2023/2024 - Any recommendations or word …
61 thanks
Funded Trader platforms
38 thanks
NexusFi site changelog and issues/problem reporting
27 thanks
GFIs1 1 DAX trade per day journal
19 thanks
The Program
18 thanks

JonnyBoy 
Montreal, Quebec

Platform: NinjaTrader 8
Broker: Kinetick
Trading: ES
Thanks Given: 706
Thanks Received: 3,854

sharmas View Post
We need to stop JJ and Megan James as they have no regard to the hurt and pain they are inflicting on people as they are more than happy to take their money and offer nothing in return apart from false promise.

Lets team up and lay our complaints.

How do we get the CFTC to act on this? Quite simply, enough people need to immediately begin to fill out the following complaint form with the CFTC.

The form only takes a few minutes to complete. After the form is submitted, approximately 10 to 14 days later, you will be contacted by a lawyer that works in the enforcement division. They will interview you, the process takes only a few minutes. They will then have you forward any and all pertinent information to their mailing address.

Once you read about the numerous people who have been duped by this 2 people, we must act and get rid of people like JJ and Megan James from trading world.

School Of Trade and Sideways Markets - Trading Schools.Org

Sharmas

I (like many) put in a complaint about eminitradingschool and although it took a long time, justice was served in the end. The CFTC are slow and they have limited resources but if they can gather enough evidence, they will take action.

https://www.cftc.gov/idc/groups/public/@lrenforcementactions/documents/legalpleading/enfgramaleguicmplt101915.pdf

So if you have been directly affected by SchoolOfTrade or Sideways Markets I would take the time to contact the CFTC.

--------------------------------------------------------
- Trade what you see. Invest in what you believe -
Thanked by:

Fibbee 
Boston, MA. United States

Experience: Intermediate
Platform: Ninja
Trading: Futures and Forex
Thanks Given: 102
Thanks Received: 166

I submitted a complaint against School of Trade / Joseph James yesterday.

My only regret is not having more of his fabricated trade results to attach to the complaint.

If you have also been duped by this guy, you should take 10 minutes and complete the form.

I wanted to share that so if anyone else reading this is stuck in the "whatever its not worth it" mindset they can hopefully realize it is worth it, and to sack up, because you are not alone.

Thanked by:
 sharmas 
Auckland

On 17th November 2014 i wrote that SOT and JJ are nothing but a SCAM and posted the PnL report that Megan sent me which was totally fabricated.

Have a look at post #144 and there is a Excel spreadsheet that i am sure you can use in your complaint.

We need lot more complaints as we need to protect innocent people from JJ and Megan James.

Really appreciate you taking time to submit your complaint through.

Sharmas

Fibbee View Post
I submitted a complaint against School of Trade / Joseph James yesterday.

My only regret is not having more of his fabricated trade results to attach to the complaint.

If you have also been duped by this guy, you should take 10 minutes and complete the form.

I wanted to share that so if anyone else reading this is stuck in the "whatever its not worth it" mindset they can hopefully realize it is worth it, and to sack up, because you are not alone.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	6f122956782711bc1d2ee30fc4623f38.png
Views:	355
Size:	47.6 KB
ID:	198841  
Thanked by:

Aragorn 
Salt Lake City, UT

Platform: NinjaTrader
Broker: NinjaTrader Brokerage
Trading: ES, 6E
Thanks Given: 215
Thanks Received: 359

They say, "A picture is worth a thousand words." JJ apparently believes he is untouchable with such brash displays.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	schooloftrade.jpg
Views:	568
Size:	27.1 KB
ID:	201543  
Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Started this thread Reply With Quote
Thanked by:
 Kujo 
Boise, ID USA

Platform: NinjaTrader
Trading: oil
Thanks Given: 45
Thanks Received: 108

I think we all knew the answer for a long time, but after all these years of raking in suckers....

CFTC Charges California Residents Joseph Dufresne, Megan Renkow, and Their Company, United Business Servicing, Inc., Doing Business as Schooloftrade.Com, with Fraudulently Marketing Commodity Futures Trading Strategies and Systems

CFTC Charges California Residents Joseph Dufresne, Megan Renkow, and Their Company, United Business Servicing, Inc., Doing Business as Schooloftrade.Com, with Fraudulently Marketing Commodity Futures Trading Strategies and Systems

Washington, DC - The U.S. Commodity Futures Trading Commission (CFTC) filed a civil anti-fraud enforcement action in the U.S. District Court for the Central District of California charging Defendants Joseph Dufresne (a/k/a Joseph James) and Megan Renkow (a/k/a Megan James), both of Palos Verdes Estates, California, and their company, United Business Servicing, Inc. (UBS), doing business as SchoolofTrade.com (SoT), with fraudulently marketing commodity futures trading strategies and systems.

The CFTC Complaint alleges that from at least October 2011 through the present, Defendants, in the course of selling memberships in SoT, have engaged in a systemic pattern of false statements and omissions concerning: a) the professional experience and trading success of Dufresne; b) the profitability and performance record of SoT’s trading strategies and systems; and c) the actual nature of the trading activity purporting to take place during SoT’s “Live Trade Room.” The CFTC’s Complaint also alleges that Defendants failed to display prominently in their solicitation material certain required disclosure statements concerning simulated or hypothetical trading results and client testimonials. Defendants sold at least 877 memberships in SoT and took in more than $2.7 million during the period charged in the CFTC’s Complaint.

Specifically, the CFTC alleges that Defendants have: 1) portrayed Dufresne as a successful professional trader with years of experience and numerous awards and recognitions when, in fact, Dufresne has little experience, has never been professionally recognized, and has never been a profitable trader; 2) touted the profitability of SoT’s strategies and systems and claimed hundreds of thousands of dollars in trading profits earned every year, when, in fact, none of the Defendants’ accounts has ever been profitable; and 3) promoted SoT’s “Live Trade Room” in which they purport to make profitable trades on live accounts in real time when, in fact, none of the trades called or profits claimed to have been made in the “Live Trade Room” as set forth in the Complaint can be found in any of Defendants’ accounts.

Additionally, the Complaint alleges that Defendants have failed to prominently display in their various solicitation materials certain language, required pursuant to CFTC Regulations, stating that their results are based on simulated or hypothetical performance results and do not represent actual trading.

In its continuing litigation, the CFTC seeks restitution to defrauded clients, disgorgement of ill-gotten gains, a civil monetary penalty, permanent registration and trading bans, and a permanent injunction against future violations of federal commodities laws and regulations, as charged.

CFTC Division of Enforcement staff members responsible for this case are Erica Bodin, Maura Viehmeyer, Alan Edelman, James H. Holl III, Michael Solinsky, and Rick Glaser.

CFTC’s Fraud Advisories, Including Commodity Trading Systems Sold on the Internet

The CFTC has issued several customer protection Fraud Advisories that provide the warning signs of fraud, including an Advisory on Commodity Trading Systems Sold on the Internet. The CFTC has seen an increase in websites that fraudulently promote commodity trading systems and advisory services, and the information in this Advisory is designed to help customers identify this potential swindle.

Customers can report suspicious activities or information, such as possible violations of commodity trading laws, to the CFTC Division of Enforcement via a Toll-Free Hotline 866-FON-CFTC (866-366-2382) or file a tip or complaint online.

Media Contact
Dennis Holden
202-418-5088

Seems like if the CFTC wanted to just rake in a ton of criminals... just see who Ninjatrader and Online Trader Central is promoting... they are all frauds

sharmas 
Auckland

Finally justice and the real truth

Sharmas

mmaker 
Toronto Canada

Platform: ninjatrader
Trading: es
Frequency: Several times daily
Duration: Minutes
Thanks Given: 1,178
Thanks Received: 508

There it is.

Someone finally tagged this fake. Too bad it took so long.

One reason trading profitably is a challenge is because there are a lot of charlatans masquerading as know it all teachers. It takes a while to separate the wheat from the chaff.

This guy had a lot of videos on the web and obviously scammed a lot of people..... $2.7 million worth at least. Wonder how many millions of dollars these people lost.

Thanked by:

JonnyBoy 
Montreal, Quebec

Platform: NinjaTrader 8
Broker: Kinetick
Trading: ES
Thanks Given: 706
Thanks Received: 3,854

mmaker View Post
There it is.

Someone finally tagged this fake. Too bad it took so long.

One reason trading profitably is a challenge is because there are a lot of charlatans masquerading as know it all teachers. It takes a while to separate the wheat from the chaff.

This guy had a lot of videos on the web and obviously scammed a lot of people..... $2.7 million worth at least. Wonder how many millions of dollars these people lost.

The thing is, most of what is out there is chaff. Emmett over at Trading Schools is doing a great job of flushing some of these grifters out.

$2.7 million is quite the income for not trading a dime...

- Trade what you see. Invest in what you believe -
Thanked by:
emini2000
Atlanta GA USA

Thanks Given: 70
Thanks Received: 271

JonnyBoy View Post
The thing is, most of what is out there is chaff. Emmett over at Trading Schools is doing a great job of flushing some of these grifters out.

$2.7 million is quite the income for not trading a dime...

I agree. I'm not sure even 1% of the stuff out there is legit.

Thanked by:

Last Updated on November 29, 2017

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts