NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

Is School of Trade legitimate? (www.schooloftrade.com)

Discussion in Trading Reviews and Vendors

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one Fibbee with 32 posts (26 thanks)
    2. looks_two LloydH with 31 posts (13 thanks)
    3. looks_3 benrock with 19 posts (3 thanks)
    4. looks_4 sharmas with 18 posts (20 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one Kujo with 22 thanks per post
    2. looks_two JonnyBoy with 2.1 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 sharmas with 1.1 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 Fibbee with 0.8 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 170,664 views
    2. thumb_up 250 thanks given
    3. group 51 followers
    1. forum 265 posts
    2. attach_file 22 attachments

Search this Thread

Is School of Trade legitimate? (www.schooloftrade.com)

mrmuggins 
manchester, england

Experience: Intermediate
Platform: ninjatrader
Broker: pfg best
Trading: oil
Thanks Given: 285
Thanks Received: 399

Fibbee View Post
PicoTrader is a member of school of trade.

Typical troll just trying to stir the pot.

I wish I had just come out and said that, and maybe I would have had a 'thank you' rather than being accused of being 'mad' and unfair. Tis a very strange world indeed.

Regards,

Dudley

Follow me on Twitter Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Reply With Quote
Thanked by:

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
Futures True Range Report
The Elite Circle
Exit Strategy
NinjaTrader
ZombieSqueeze
Platforms and Indicators
NexusFi Journal Challenge - April 2024
Feedback and Announcements
New Micros: Ultra 10-Year & Ultra T-Bond -- Live Now
Treasury Notes and Bonds

Best Threads (Most Thanked)
in the last 7 days on NexusFi
Get funded firms 2023/2024 - Any recommendations or word …
61 thanks
Funded Trader platforms
38 thanks
NexusFi site changelog and issues/problem reporting
26 thanks
GFIs1 1 DAX trade per day journal
19 thanks
The Program
18 thanks

sands 
London + UK

Experience: Advanced
Platform: Proprietary Analytics
Broker: Multiple broker + Multiple feed
Trading: Currently European and US equities
Thanks Given: 257
Thanks Received: 234

Interesting thread. I'd echo Big Mike here in saying don't use trading rooms instead pick up a book or 10 and learn by doing as all the info you need is on Amazon and online for free. Bottom line there are no short cuts..and there's a reason this is one of the most challenging professions out there.

I was looking at trade rooms when I first started out to help with understanding more about NT7 if nothing else and did look at this chap JJ actually. I thought better of it though. Especially when I read so many clearly fake posts written of forums online. To be honest it does sound like some of the users on this post where vendor affiliated as the language is very similar to the other posts from JJ (of perhaps that's the conspiracy theorist in me surfacing). And given they were allegedly selling indicators from futures.io (formerly BMT) that kind of makes sense as they would have had to have a membership here. Piracy is bad for the business especially given the time and effort the contributors/developers here have put in. Just wanted to give a shout out to those that contribute their work!!! Big thank you.

Sand.

Thanked by:

Fibbee 
Boston, MA. United States

Platform: Ninja
Trading: Futures and Forex
Thanks Given: 102
Thanks Received: 166

Big Mike View Post
It seems School of Trade is pirating Elite indicators and selling them as their own. This is based on a video I just watched on YouTube where they were saying to get Gom indicators from their website.

I have tried to make contact with him. If true, I will take legal action. Based on what I've read in this thread with all the other legal action against these people it is not surprising.

Here is the true link to Gom Volume Ladder Metro edition, in Elite section, by original author and Elite only as per Gomi:

Mike

Big Mike,

What ever happened with this situation?

Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Reply With Quote
Thanked by:
 sharmas 
Auckland

Platform: Ninja Trader
Broker: Zen-Fire
Trading: CL and ES
Thanks Given: 3,822
Thanks Received: 750

Members

Be very careful with JJ as he is a scam and he trades in SIM.

Here is the daily profit levels he and Megan send to poor vulnerable traders.He trades in SIM and loves to listen to himself.

He only does around 500.00 per day with 4 contracts per day. His method is nothing better than anything else you can get here or on You Tube.

Be very careful and save your money and run as fast as you can....He markets his program using JJ Bars and in his room he doesnt even use them, instead he uses Tick charts and is always looking to take trades against the trend.

Sharmas

Attached Files
Elite Membership required to download: SOT Records.xlsx
 sharmas 
Auckland

Platform: Ninja Trader
Broker: Zen-Fire
Trading: CL and ES
Thanks Given: 3,822
Thanks Received: 750

JJ has GOMI indicator and we all know where GOMI uploaded his indicators at...futures.io (formerly BMT)

JJ sends daily video updates with trade plans and what a shock....he doesnt use them in is room.... he uses tick charts to look at first and second fails

School of trades methods are no different to Traders International and JJ loves to talk and my be thats why he thinks he is so good.

Also his website states

Advanced Membership Information :
Serious Traders:
Are you ready for the Opportunity of a Lifetime?
Shadow-Trade with Professionals in our Live Trade Room
Trading Plan + Nightly Members Newsletter + Live Trade Room = Long Term Profit!

This is so not true... you wont get any of this at all.... you have to go through 100s of videos and you will come out confused at the best.

Method changes all the time ...and he is scared to show his JJ bars in the room as he stated that people like JD Needham will hack it... He uses the JJ bars in his marketing promotional videos and they are in market replay mode and all those trades are in SIM.

wow ..amazing facts about a 5k plan.

Thanked by:
JCHAWAII
Haleiwa, Hawaii, USA

Thanks Given: 42
Thanks Received: 17

This long thread on SOT is very, very interesting. i have attended a number of his afternoon reviews and have found him really interesting. He is definitely "on fire"...probably drinks 30 cups of coffee a day but I have back traded many of his huge trades on Replay and came up with similar numbers so I do know that AT LEAST the trades he SHOWS are legit. His DOM is white which indicates a live trading account, not SIM and he really knows his trend lines, S/R's and is funny. I kinda like the guy but I have been burned before by likable guys so I am super cautious. I was so ready to join that I put $5000 in a special account to send to him and decided to check out some reviews before I joined. I was horrified by what I saw and not just the negative comments on Big Mikes but EVERY other forum out there. So, I decided to further look into this and also try to see who started all this commotion.

It seems as though a guy called Llyod H or something from the UK started it and just went peddle to the metal with it. He has not responded to any inquiries by me and everything he did was quite a few years ago. Then on one site (probably shouldn't name it here, but it is pretty easy to find) I saw a letter by LlyodH, with his same handle, apologizing as part of his 12 step program for MAKING IT ALL UP! Seems he was a student and started his own Trade Room then was bent on destroying Joesph James. Llyod does not respond to any inquiries and hasn't been active here for quite awhile.

WOW!!! This is like "Days of Our Life" or something. I REALLY want to find out the TRUTH. I would hate to see a good man ruined nor would I want to see good people ruined by a bad man. There have been a lot of super positive comments posted and all the negative comments seem to be posted by a small group of people. The BOTTOM LINE would be is there anybody MAKING MONEY from SCHOOL OF TRADE? A lot of super successful people have "unique" personalities. I would like to find out the TRUTH here as I think personal assassination is a very serious thing and I have seen it before. Anybody remember the Mary McMartin pre school scandal?

Here is the apology from LloydH as printed in another forum;

lloydH
Read the truth here : www.schooloftrade.com & James Wave Review
lloydH
My apologies to Schooloftrade.com

I am a previous member of SchoolOfTrade.com, and I am now a competitor selling day trading education online.

The reason I am posting this today is because I am working through my 8th step in Alcoholics Anonymous, which requires me to make amends to people I have harmed in the past, and this is my sincere attempt to apologize for causing so much harm to SchoolOfTrade.com and anyone associated with that website.

In all honesty, SchoolOfTrade.com is where I learned to become a successful trader. I saw how much success they have at SchoolOfTrade.com and I thought that I could have more success with my website if I slandered their good name in this industry.

I know what I did was wrong, and I know what I have done has stolen thousands of clients, and millions of dollars from the owner of SchoolOfTrade.com.

I hope that SchoolOfTrade.com will forgive me for this horrible behavior, I am truly, truly sorry for causing them harm.

Thanked by:

Fibbee 
Boston, MA. United States

Platform: Ninja
Trading: Futures and Forex
Thanks Given: 102
Thanks Received: 166

JCHAWAII,

If you decide to join the school of trade would you do all of us a favor and share an unbiased (no need to capitalize certain words) review of your results?

Because even when you take guys like Lloyd out of the equation, you still have a vendor who is:

1. "accused of" pirating indicators created by other vendors and members of futures.io (formerly BMT).
2. Booting members who disagree with him, and in my personal case - booting members who provide proof of his indicator pirating.
3. According to my experience, both in provided excel sheets and trade room experience, along with the information provided by him on youtube, and the information provided from other members of futures.io (formerly BMT) who have become involved with School of Trade -- Joseph James is able to trade for months and months and months without having a single losing day (see spreadsheet provided by sharmas in previous posts, I have some too from when I joined) and the simple matter of fact is that this is bullshit. There is no one, not even virtu who can do this.

So, JOIN! and share your EXPERIENCE with US because I am INTERESTED in the RESULTS!

JCHAWAII View Post
This long thread on SOT is very, very interesting. i have attended a number of his afternoon reviews and have found him really interesting. He is definitely "on fire"...probably drinks 30 cups of coffee a day but I have back traded many of his huge trades on Replay and came up with similar numbers so I do know that AT LEAST the trades he SHOWS are legit. His DOM is white which indicates a live trading account, not SIM and he really knows his trend lines, S/R's and is funny. I kinda like the guy but I have been burned before by likable guys so I am super cautious. I was so ready to join that I put $5000 in a special account to send to him and decided to check out some reviews before I joined. I was horrified by what I saw and not just the negative comments on Big Mikes but EVERY other forum out there. So, I decided to further look into this and also try to see who started all this commotion.

It seems as though a guy called Llyod H or something from the UK started it and just went peddle to the metal with it. He has not responded to any inquiries by me and everything he did was quite a few years ago. Then on one site (probably shouldn't name it here, but it is pretty easy to find) I saw a letter by LlyodH, with his same handle, apologizing as part of his 12 step program for MAKING IT ALL UP! Seems he was a student and started his own Trade Room then was bent on destroying Joesph James. Llyod does not respond to any inquiries and hasn't been active here for quite awhile.

WOW!!! This is like "Days of Our Life" or something. I REALLY want to find out the TRUTH. I would hate to see a good man ruined nor would I want to see good people ruined by a bad man. There have been a lot of super positive comments posted and all the negative comments seem to be posted by a small group of people. The BOTTOM LINE would be is there anybody MAKING MONEY from SCHOOL OF TRADE? A lot of super successful people have "unique" personalities. I would like to find out the TRUTH here as I think personal assassination is a very serious thing and I have seen it before. Anybody remember the Mary McMartin pre school scandal?

Here is the apology from LloydH as printed in another forum;

lloydH
Read the truth here : www.schooloftrade.com & James Wave Review
lloydH
My apologies to Schooloftrade.com

I am a previous member of SchoolOfTrade.com, and I am now a competitor selling day trading education online.

The reason I am posting this today is because I am working through my 8th step in Alcoholics Anonymous, which requires me to make amends to people I have harmed in the past, and this is my sincere attempt to apologize for causing so much harm to SchoolOfTrade.com and anyone associated with that website.

In all honesty, SchoolOfTrade.com is where I learned to become a successful trader. I saw how much success they have at SchoolOfTrade.com and I thought that I could have more success with my website if I slandered their good name in this industry.

I know what I did was wrong, and I know what I have done has stolen thousands of clients, and millions of dollars from the owner of SchoolOfTrade.com.

I hope that SchoolOfTrade.com will forgive me for this horrible behavior, I am truly, truly sorry for causing them harm.

Thanked by:
JCHAWAII
Haleiwa, Hawaii, USA

Thanks Given: 42
Thanks Received: 17

I definitely have put SOT on hold until I find out the truth, but I have back traded a lot of his daily reviews and they have all been right on. As far as stealing indicators, I don't know about that I make surfboards and all of us surfboard shapers come up with similar stuff about the same time and we all claim to have invented it.

I definitely don't like, if true, the being kicked out of his room stuff and not getting your money, or a portion of it, back. But then, I almost got kicked out of Big Mikes because I didn't understand how to post when I couldn't post (figure that one out). That would have been a bummer but then this room is free. I am sure he would have given me my money back.

I don't buy into the SIM stuff because I can plainly see the white live DOM. I always have a SIM DOM up even when I trade live, and it will often be behind my charts, so if I slide a chart over quickly, a SIM DOM would be visible.

As far as calling trades too quickly...that is trading. another "character", ACE, yodels and calls them so fast your head spins but I had my best day of the year following him (on SIM, of course) during his trial. I had to take numerous trials to figure it out with him...so go figure.

As far as PNL's. They can all be faked.

I know a lot of people here don't like Trade Rooms, but I have been very successful as a surfboard shaper and for the first few years I copied all the masters, even to the point of finding out how they held their tools or what music they played while working. After a few years I took what I learned and created my own style. I was an art student in college and copied Michael angelo, Da Vinci, Picasso. Pollack...all the great masters and I can also call myself an artist.

Just as there are many ways to skin a cat, there are many ways to learn to trade. I am not telling anyone what to do. I just want to search out the truth plus I find this thread super interesting and it takes a lot to hold my interest these days...lol.

ps...I am not a beginner trader as someone in this thread said. I can hold my own. I see that, if true,JJ knows what he is doing and even if he cherry picks his trades to show people, his stops are so small, that getting stopped out won't wipe out an account quickly, but like I said I have not made my mind up and am just searching for the truth in this soap opera.

Big Mike 
Manta, Ecuador
Site Administrator
Developer
Swing Trader

Platform: Custom solution
Broker: IBKR
Trading: Stocks & Futures
Frequency: Every few days
Duration: Weeks
Thanks Given: 33,173
Thanks Received: 101,537

I believe a recent School of Trade account was banned on futures.io (formerly BMT) after I found them out (see prior piracy comments), and definitely would not be surprised if this new guy JCHAWAII was just another SOT account to drum up more business from uneducated clueless people.

Mike

We're here to help: just ask the community or contact our Help Desk

Quick Links: Change your Username or Register as a Vendor
Searching for trading reviews? Review this list
Lifetime Elite Membership: Sign-up for only $149 USD
Exclusive money saving offers from our Site Sponsors: Browse Offers
Report problems with the site: Using the NexusFi changelog thread
Follow me on Twitter Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Reply With Quote
Thanked by:

tturner86 
Portland, Oregon

Platform: F-16CM-40
Trading: GBU-39
Thanks Given: 10,459
Thanks Received: 12,695

Big Mike View Post
I believe a recent School of Trade account was banned on futures.io (formerly BMT) after I found them out (see prior piracy comments), and definitely would not be surprised if this new guy JCHAWAII was just another SOT account to drum up more business from uneducated clueless people.

Mike

I got some random PM from him about dinosaurs... So I don't know what is going on. It was a Whiskey Tango Foxtrot moment.

Last Updated on November 29, 2017

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts