NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

Bookmap - Bruce Pringle (Chief Educator) - Ask Me Anything (AMA)

Discussion in Trading Reviews and Vendors

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one Bookmap with 37 posts (29 thanks)
    2. looks_two Big Mike with 17 posts (12 thanks)
    3. looks_3 timo123 with 10 posts (0 thanks)
    4. looks_4 Volt with 7 posts (4 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one matteo83 with 2 thanks per post
    2. looks_two Bookmap with 0.8 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 Big Mike with 0.7 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 Volt with 0.6 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 46,839 views
    2. thumb_up 76 thanks given
    3. group 1,410 followers
    1. forum 137 posts
    2. attach_file 7 attachments

Closed Thread

Search this Thread

Bookmap - Bruce Pringle (Chief Educator) - Ask Me Anything (AMA)

matteo83 
San Escobar

Experience: Intermediate
Platform: Sierra Chart
Broker: Denali/Rythmic
Trading: Futures & options
Thanks Given: 31
Thanks Received: 54

Howard Roark View Post
Intellectually, I'm un-decided on the whole concept of order flow in instruments like ES which literally are traded across multiple markets and arbitraged left and right (ES / MES / SPY / SPX + the impact of the options market). To me, the concept of order flow and volume seems to make more sense with instruments like maybe single stocks, commodities, etc. But I don't know...

You didn't ask me, but I'll answer from my own experience:

You are absolutely right here. SPX/ES flow is a crap and just a mixture of different interests.
I think heatmaps can be useful when trading some uncorrelated to sp500 small cap stocks

Thanked by:

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
The space time continuum and the dynamics of a financial …
Emini and Emicro Index
Exit Strategy
NinjaTrader
Deepmoney LLM
Elite Quantitative GenAI/LLM
NexusFi Journal Challenge - April 2024
Feedback and Announcements
New Micros: Ultra 10-Year & Ultra T-Bond -- Live Now
Treasury Notes and Bonds

Best Threads (Most Thanked)
in the last 7 days on NexusFi
Get funded firms 2023/2024 - Any recommendations or word …
59 thanks
Funded Trader platforms
36 thanks
NexusFi site changelog and issues/problem reporting
25 thanks
GFIs1 1 DAX trade per day journal
19 thanks
The Program
18 thanks
 Flyer873 
Gainesville, Texas/USA

Experience: Intermediate
Platform: OFA, Jigsaw, Bookmap
Trading: Anything that moves
Thanks Given: 5
Thanks Received: 89

The WAY I use BookMap is very simple. When I get to an area where I'm interested in (Zone, Trend line Break, Previous VPOC, ETC) I pay close attention to BookMap and look for increase or decrease of volume, (Stop Run or Iceberg orders from the MBO indicators) and decide if I want to take the trade. Its called reading the ORDER FLOW.
BookMap is Nothing but a replacement of a standard DOM, BUT it gives you the information of past Volume that you don't get in a DOM. EXAMPLE: let's say at ES 4700 they're showing 1,200 contracts at that level. (EASY you can see that on your DOM, on BookMap you see that on the heat map) But we get closer to 4700 and they pull that contract out of the way and it now only shows 200. If you have a great memory, you can say to yourself, "Hey they just pulled a 1,000 off at 4,700 we must be going up." OR down. With a DOM you have to rely on your memory, with BookMap you see the exact moment they pulled that 1,000 lot. SO look at BookMap as a memory device. (Old guys like myself can't remember what we had had for breakfast let alone how much volume was a 4,700 3 minutes ago.
Good Luck.
Carl Mitchell

Thanked by:
 jaycee 
long beach california

Experience: Beginner
Platform: jigsaw
Trading: emini es
Thanks Given: 0
Thanks Received: 1

Howard Roark View Post
Hello everyone,

I'm curious how many of you are using Bookmap and if you could share your experiences?

From a glance it looks like a really interesting piece of software.

Thank you.

My intrest in orderflow got me into BM. At first its overwhelming. And once you have everything dialed in, it can be helpful. I went full on with all the MBO Iceberg, Stop run Indicator, Spotgamma etc. Wow I was seeing so much info... and paying for it. Ultimately the cost of BM subscription, data, and all the add-ons outweighs its usefulness. I would like to have the info but they really milk it.

However, for about an extra $40 a month, through TOS I have a version of bookmap that pulls data through DXFeed. Its just a slightly older version of BM and you can't add the add-ons. I compared both side by side before I canceled through Bookmap and just kept my TOS version. The data was identical and I had both futures and stocks.... just not MBO, but that's only needed for their indicators.

I will say that I did study how icebergs (hidden orders) and stop runs looked and reacted when I had the indicators and that experience was helpful to understand orderflow .

I actively use BM on TOS. I primarily use BM for scalping, noting liquidity events for future levels and confirmation of my levels.

Thanked by:
Howard Roark
Oslo Norway

Thanks Given: 389
Thanks Received: 529

Great comments, guys. Both the positives and the negatives.

Thanks you.

Howard

leswar
Vero Beach, FLORIDA/USA

Thanks Received: 4

jaycee View Post
My intrest in orderflow got me into BM. At first its overwhelming. And once you have everything dialed in, it can be helpful. I went full on with all the MBO Iceberg, Stop run Indicator, Spotgamma etc. Wow I was seeing so much info... and paying for it. Ultimately the cost of BM subscription, data, and all the add-ons outweighs its usefulness. I would like to have the info but they really milk it.

However, for about an extra $40 a month, through TOS I have a version of bookmap that pulls data through DXFeed. Its just a slightly older version of BM and you can't add the add-ons. I compared both side by side before I canceled through Bookmap and just kept my TOS version. The data was identical and I had both futures and stocks.... just not MBO, but that's only needed for their indicators.

I will say that I did study how icebergs (hidden orders) and stop runs looked and reacted when I had the indicators and that experience was helpful to understand orderflow .

I actively use BM on TOS. I primarily use BM for scalping, noting liquidity events for future levels and confirmation of my levels.

What's the process to order this thru TOS? Aphonecall to TDA? Thanks.

jaycee 
long beach california

Experience: Beginner
Platform: jigsaw
Trading: emini es
Thanks Received: 1

leswar View Post
What's the process to order this thru TOS? Aphonecall to TDA? Thanks.

Send a message through the platform requesting Bookmap. They'll confirm the extra fee for data. Restart TOS and a new tab will be available for BM.

leswar
Vero Beach, FLORIDA/USA

Thanks Received: 4

jaycee View Post
Send a message through the platform requesting Bookmap. They'll confirm the extra fee for data. Restart TOS and a new tab will be available for BM.

Thanks.

dastradingllc
Los Angeles, CA

Thanks Received: 0

Bruce, I am looking for more information on the MBO Bundle Indicators settings. Is there a detailed webinar that discusses the Sweeps/Absorbtion indicators?

I want to know what thresholds to use for the different markets.

~Aaron

shokunin 
Manchester, United Kingdom

Experience: Advanced
Platform: Sierra Chart
Broker: Optimus Futures, Rithmic, Denali
Trading: ES
Thanks Given: 6
Thanks Received: 157

On the Current Order Book (COB) Column, some of the histogram have white vertical lines. What do these lines represent?

tr8er 
Europe
Market Wizard

Experience: Advanced
Platform: TradeNavigator, BookMap
Trading: ES, CL, 6E, 6B
Thanks Given: 220
Thanks Received: 709

shokunin View Post
On the Current Order Book (COB) Column, some of the histogram have white vertical lines. What do these lines represent?

the left side of the vertical line is the order of 1 single "large" trader

Closed Thread

Last Updated on March 20, 2024

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts