NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

Bookmap - Bruce Pringle (Chief Educator) - Ask Me Anything (AMA)

Discussion in Trading Reviews and Vendors

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one Bookmap with 37 posts (29 thanks)
    2. looks_two Big Mike with 17 posts (12 thanks)
    3. looks_3 timo123 with 10 posts (0 thanks)
    4. looks_4 Volt with 7 posts (4 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one matteo83 with 2 thanks per post
    2. looks_two Bookmap with 0.8 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 phantomtrader with 0.8 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 Big Mike with 0.7 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 47,521 views
    2. thumb_up 76 thanks given
    3. group 1,409 followers
    1. forum 137 posts
    2. attach_file 7 attachments

Closed Thread

Search this Thread

Bookmap - Bruce Pringle (Chief Educator) - Ask Me Anything (AMA)

Bookmap  Bookmap is an official Site Sponsor

Thanks Given: 7
Thanks Received: 173

phantomtrader View Post
I purchased the bundle after the webby. Have had a lot of problem connecting. Still can't connect to Rithmic and their support can't figure it out.
The download is in a zip file which has to be opened and uploaded as .jar files. There are no instructions anywhere as to how to install the bundle.

They really should be more prepared before giving a webinar on a new add on. It looks like something I could use, but if I don't get these issues worked out by Monday, going to request a refund with a note to let me know when they're organized with proper instructions for this new add on.

Hi Phantomtrader,

I'm sorry about your disappointing experience. You can now get Rithmic data directly from Bookmap's Marketplace, and thus bypass Rithmic support. The passwords will be sent to your email. Then watch this video on connecting Bookmap to Rithmic. You can connect directly by inputting your credentials, or download and install Rithmic R-Trader Pro and connect via their API.

To install the Bookmap MBO Addon, watch this short video. Note, you may need to restart after installation, or perhaps simply select and deselect the SI Tracker a few times for it to properly display. Try that first if it doesn't display correctly.

Here are some other resources to assist with your questions or issues:
  1. Regarding any questions on the settings, or other details are likely answered in this article.
  2. Also the previous [AUTOLINK]FIO[/AUTOLINK] webinar should assist with answering any questions.
  3. Our Bookmap_pro Twitter account shares many trader's SI Tracker and MBO insights as well.
  4. More over, please join us in live daily webinars, sign up for the Bookmap Basics webinar from bookmap.com, in the education section. They start at 10:30am ET everyday. As a subscriber, then come to our Daily Advanced webinars at 11am ET. We really go through the order flow details and Stops and Icebergs in this webinar. Log into bookmap.com/portal, click on the 'Register to Webinars' button in the left margin. This is a great area to ask questions.
  5. We'll continue to add more and more MBO Content as we move forward.
  6. If you still require assistance, then please reach out to us at [email protected]

regards,

Bruce
Bookmap Team

Follow me on Twitter
Thanked by:

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
Increase in trading performance by 75%
The Elite Circle
MC PL editor upgrade
MultiCharts
Better Renko Gaps
The Elite Circle
ZombieSqueeze
Platforms and Indicators
Pivot Indicator like the old SwingTemp by Big Mike
NinjaTrader

Best Threads (Most Thanked)
in the last 7 days on NexusFi
Just another trading journal: PA, Wyckoff & Trends
27 thanks
Diary of a simple price action trader
26 thanks
Tao te Trade: way of the WLD
23 thanks
My NQ Trading Journal
14 thanks
HumbleTraders next chapter
9 thanks

SK4949 View Post
Where is the link to purchase the MBO bundle? I cannot find it anywhere with the discount option.

You can find the Bookmap MBO Bundle for purchase on our Bookmap Marketplace, not Bookmap.com. Then check out this recent [AUTOLINK]FIO[/AUTOLINK] post to further assist.

regards,

Bruce
Bookmap Team

Follow me on Twitter

alaghafx View Post
My understanding is that Bookmap only works with low TimeFrames
However, I thought of double validating my understanding

I'm a Swing Trader, lowest TF on my chart is H4, and wondering how Bookmap would look like on H4 upward? (some chart examples or youtube please)

Thank you,

A late reply, apologies. Nonetheless, there are several tweets and images of higher time frame order flow opportunities. Please check out this image from today's ES action. You can see how the order flow on the higher time frame allowed you to have a bullish outlook all day. I hope this helps you and fits within your trading time frame...

regards,

Bruce
Bookmap Team

Follow me on Twitter
madeinnyc
Highland Park, TX

Thanks Given: 17
Thanks Received: 20

I was hoping to sign-up for @Bookmap, but your customer service turned me off! It's clear they were more concerned with what they could get from me $$$, than guiding me in a thoughtful manner that would allow me to make an informed decision. Bummer!

phantomtrader 
Reno, Nevada
Legendary Market Wizard

Experience: Advanced
Platform: NinjaTrader
Trading: ZN, ZB, CL
Frequency: Daily
Duration: Minutes
Thanks Given: 217
Thanks Received: 985

Bookmap View Post
A late reply, apologies. Nonetheless, there are several tweets and images of higher time frame order flow opportunities. Please check out this image from today's ES action. You can see how the order flow on the higher time frame allowed you to have a bullish outlook all day. I hope this helps you and fits within your trading time frame...

regards,

Bruce
Bookmap Team

Question regarding the bundle. The stop and iceberg trackers are already in Bookmap. Why do subscribers have to pay for them again in the bundle? It looks like the only indicator that isn't already included is the liquidity tracker. Isn't that correct? Thanks.

whuffo 
Dallas, TX USA

Experience: Intermediate
Platform: Sierra Charts
Broker: AMP
Trading: ES
Thanks Given: 10
Thanks Received: 27

I have a question about history data: If I start Bookmap at 10am on a Tuesday without having local history data on my computer, Bookmap will only load 1 hour of history data from the Rithmic feed. That makes it impossible to establish a proper Session Volume Profile and look back and see where the liquidity was in the past. Sometimes it's not feasible to leave Bookmap running 24x7 on my computer.

I know that you offer history data via dxFeed for a monthly fee but why is that necessary to purchase? I have verified that Rithimic can populate a tick chart for several days in the past by feeding Rithmic into Multicharts. Why will you not let Bookmap use that history data?

Thanks

Thanked by:

phantomtrader View Post
Question regarding the bundle. The stop and iceberg trackers are already in Bookmap. Why do subscribers have to pay for them again in the bundle? It looks like the only indicator that isn't already included is the liquidity tracker. Isn't that correct? Thanks.

The Bookmap Stop&Iceberg Tracker is a new indicator that is offered separately on the Bookmap Marketplace. It is is sold as part of the MBO Bundle indicator package. The MBO Bundle includes 3 indicators: The Stop&Iceberg Tracker, the Liquidity Tracker, the Advanced Time & Sales. These MBO indicators only works with [AUTOLINK]CME[/AUTOLINK] Futures instruments with Rithmic data. These 3 indicators are new and haven't been offered before.

The Stop&Iceberg Tracker only displays Native CME Iceberg Order transactions and CME Stop Order transactions. This indicator is very different than the older Synthetic Iceberg Detector which Bookmap has offered for years as part of the Bookmap Global+ package. Synthetic Iceberg Orders might be for example TT traders collocated next to the CME exchange using TT's Iceberg order type. Bookmap's Synthetic Iceberg Detector is based on microstructural events and false positives may occur. These false positives will not occur with the new S-I Tracker using CME MBO data connected by Rithmic.

regards,

Bruce
The Bookmap Team

Follow me on Twitter

KahunaDog 
Hawaii at the beach

Experience: Beginner
Platform: Nt8, MotiveWave, TOS
Broker: S5
Trading: ES, ZB fine alcohol and muscle cars
Thanks Given: 1,168
Thanks Received: 412

@Bruce, i just made the nt8 bridge, I've used bm in the past. When using my live Rithmic account I'm getting a large heatmap dom(as I am familiar with), when using Earn2trades Rithmic data I'm getting very little on my dom, like 1or2 levels.

Any suggestions on me fixing that? Why am I not getting a full heatdom or dom?

Fall Seven Get Up Eight
Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal
 grodsky 
shrewsbury uk

Experience: Intermediate
Frequency: Daily
Duration: Minutes
Thanks Given: 106
Thanks Received: 9

@KahunaDog, have you requested Market depth from E2T customer support. I was surprised it was not supplied automatically as part of the subscription but it isn't.

Thanked by:

KahunaDog View Post
@Bruce, i just made the nt8 bridge, I've used bm in the past. When using my live Rithmic account I'm getting a large heatmap dom(as I am familiar with), when using Earn2trades Rithmic data I'm getting very little on my dom, like 1or2 levels.

Any suggestions on me fixing that? Why am I not getting a full heatdom or dom?

@KahunaDog, it sounds like you are not receiving any depth at all. As per Grodsky's suggestion, I think it's best to reach out to E2T and request full depth with Rithmic.

regards,

Bruce
The Bookmap Team

Follow me on Twitter
Thanked by:

Closed Thread

Last Updated on March 20, 2024

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts