NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

Need help finding a way to trade with a 1/100 (risk/reward)

Discussion in Options

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one anycolour with 2 posts (2 thanks)
    2. looks_two ChrisDouthit with 2 posts (0 thanks)
    3. looks_3 Quick Summary with 1 posts (0 thanks)
    4. looks_4 SMCJB with 1 posts (4 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one SMCJB with 4 thanks per post
    2. looks_two MiniP with 4 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 AllSeeker with 4 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 trendisyourfriend with 3 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 6,804 views
    2. thumb_up 20 thanks given
    3. group 8 followers
    1. forum 12 posts
    2. attach_file 1 attachments

Search this Thread

Need help finding a way to trade with a 1/100 (risk/reward)

ChrisDouthit
San Francisco CA USA

Thanks Given: 2
Thanks Received: 17

What's the time frame?

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
Are there any eval firms that allow you to sink to your …
Traders Hideout
Deepmoney LLM
Elite Quantitative GenAI/LLM
New Micros: Ultra 10-Year & Ultra T-Bond -- Live Now
Treasury Notes and Bonds
ZombieSqueeze
Platforms and Indicators
Better Renko Gaps
The Elite Circle

TheShrike 
Bridgeport, Ct

Experience: None
Broker: Tasty
Trading: Fops
Thanks Given: 1,588
Thanks Received: 922

anycolour View Post
Could someone please point me to a relatively safe trade with a 1/100 Risk Reward.

No, a safe trade with a 1/100 risk reward doesn't exist.

anycolour View Post
For example, I'm willing to risk all of $10k (and lose it all) in order to potentially make 100 times of it which is $1 million.

I'm not looking for a trade, but a way to best make the trade. That is, using which instrument: options, futures, stocks, pairs, forex, options on futures, etc.

I'm guessing options would be the way to do this, but which option strategy is most likely to potentially provide what I'm looking for? E.g., spreads, iron condors, butterflys, etc. I really don't know much about options, except straight calls and puts.

Some parameters on the trade I want to make, which might help you in answering my question:
I plan to make a short trade, in a fast downward movement environment with increasing volatility.
I will be looking to stay in the trade for about 250 days (I will exit the trade after ~250 days).

Well, actually, while you're at it, if you could tell me what exactly would potentially have the best chance to provide a 1/100 risk/reward in the scenario outlined above: /ES, TVIX, /GC, etc.

Thank you!

However, if you are hell-bent on gambling your money on an extremely unlikely event, IE less than a 1 in 100 shot, your best bet is using options. Purchase large amounts of extremely out of the money calls or puts on a meme stock that is soon to report earnings and hope for the best. Good luck!

ChrisDouthit
San Francisco CA USA

Thanks Given: 2
Thanks Received: 17

There is certainly no trade that is safe for you can make 100 times or money. You basically have a 99% chance to lose.

If you really want to jump in a trade like that I would recommend something in the cryptocurrency space.

Last Updated on February 12, 2020

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts