NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

Trading Metrics for journals/record keeping

Discussion in Psychology and Money Management

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one vvhg with 354 posts (690 thanks)
    2. looks_two madLyfe with 202 posts (104 thanks)
    3. looks_3 petrmac with 73 posts (106 thanks)
    4. looks_4 Big Mike with 35 posts (165 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one PandaWarrior with 75 thanks per post
    2. looks_two Big Mike with 4.7 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 vvhg with 1.9 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 petrmac with 1.5 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 332,034 views
    2. thumb_up 1,509 thanks given
    3. group 234 followers
    1. forum 946 posts
    2. attach_file 252 attachments

Search this Thread

Trading Metrics for journals/record keeping

elkidd14
Los Angeles CA

Thanks Given: 0
Thanks Received: 0

Just came across this journal. It is exactly what I have been looking for. Thank you to all you put this together. I am wondering if there is any continuing support for this as the last post is a little older. Thank you for any response.

Elkidd

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
New Micros: Ultra 10-Year & Ultra T-Bond -- Live Now
Treasury Notes and Bonds
Deepmoney LLM
Elite Quantitative GenAI/LLM
Better Renko Gaps
The Elite Circle
My NT8 Volume Profile Split by Asian/Euro/Open
NinjaTrader
Ninja Mobile Trader VPS (ninjamobiletrader.com)
Trading Reviews and Vendors

xplorer 
London UK
Site Moderator

Experience: Beginner
Platform: CQG
Broker: S5
Trading: Futures
Thanks Given: 15,447
Thanks Received: 15,291

elkidd14 View Post
Just came across this journal. It is exactly what I have been looking for. Thank you to all you put this together. I am wondering if there is any continuing support for this as the last post is a little older. Thank you for any response.

Elkidd

There is no formal support as most people are just donating their time. If you need something simply ask.

nkp9999 
London, England

Experience: Intermediate
Platform: MetaTrader
Broker: InfinityBrokers/Transact
Trading: ES
Thanks Given: 2
Thanks Received: 2

xplorer View Post
There is no formal support as most people are just donating their time. If you need something simply ask.

Is there an Upload utility available for Ninja 8?

Thanks.

xplorer 
London UK
Site Moderator

nkp9999 View Post
Is there an Upload utility available for Ninja 8?

Thanks.

What do you mean by Upload utility for NT8?

nkp9999 
London, England

Experience: Intermediate
Platform: MetaTrader
Broker: InfinityBrokers/Transact
Trading: ES
Thanks Given: 2
Thanks Received: 2

xplorer View Post
What do you mean by Upload utility for NT8?

OOPs, sorry, I wanted to load the journal from Ninja 8 trade data. There is a utility that allows you to load data in NT7(I have not used it), called ResultsImport.

I was hoping that there would be one to extract the Ninja 8 trades in CSV format and then upload this data into the Journal.

Apologies for not being clear

Thanks.

Thanked by:

xplorer 
London UK
Site Moderator

nkp9999 View Post
OOPs, sorry, I wanted to load the journal from Ninja 8 trade data. There is a utility that allows you to load data in NT7(I have not used it), called ResultsImport.

I was hoping that there would be one to extract the Ninja 8 trades in CSV format and then upload this data into the Journal.

Apologies for not being clear

Thanks.

No problem. Sorry I can't help, it's not a functionality I'm familiar with.

DanT01
London England

Thanks Received: 1

Hello everyone!

I've used this spreadsheet for years, awesome journal - does everything you could need!

I have a strange problem though with it this year, I have 5 years of trading history completed but it doesn't seem to like going on to a 6th year, when I try and input trades for 2020 it doesn't create a new year in "Time Period statistics" like normal. Has anyone had that issue before? Have I maxed out the sheet or does it just not like 2020? It updates the stats on the journal page including equity curve etc for this year, just has a problem with the time period tab?

Thanks in advance to anyone that knows the issue

xplorer 
London UK
Site Moderator

DanT01 View Post
Hello everyone!

I've used this spreadsheet for years, awesome journal - does everything you could need!

I have a strange problem though with it this year, I have 5 years of trading history completed but it doesn't seem to like going on to a 6th year, when I try and input trades for 2020 it doesn't create a new year in "Time Period statistics" like normal. Has anyone had that issue before? Have I maxed out the sheet or does it just not like 2020? It updates the stats on the journal page including equity curve etc for this year, just has a problem with the time period tab?

Thanks in advance to anyone that knows the issue

Hi, there's more than one spreadsheet mentioned in this thread. You should specify exactly which one you are using.

DanT01
London England

Thanks Received: 1

xplorer View Post
Hi, there's more than one spreadsheet mentioned in this thread. You should specify exactly which one you are using.

Ah apologies, you make a very good point! The big Mike original journal that you helped Cesar fix an issue with on the page before

Thanked by:

xplorer 
London UK
Site Moderator

DanT01 View Post
Ah apologies, you make a very good point! The big Mike original journal that you helped Cesar fix an issue with on the page before

I just tried it and I am experiencing the same issue, it seems it won't go beyond Year 5.

I couldn't find anything obvious/easy such as a setting to change to extend the calculations beyond that and I don't have time to analyze the code, sorry.

I would have said 'your best bet is to get in touch with the author' but it looks like he has not logged on since 2015.

It's probably not ideal but you may want to consider creating a 2nd file and starting the next 5 years there. Either that or someone else who has the time can dig into the file for you and find out how to extend the system to more than just 5 years, sorry I can't do it right now.

Good luck.

Thanked by:

Last Updated on June 1, 2023

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts