NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

Zoras Trading Thread

Discussion in Trading Journals

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one zora44 with 7 posts (10 thanks)
    2. looks_two Wernersabel with 2 posts (1 thanks)
    3. looks_3 Quick Summary with 1 posts (0 thanks)
    4. looks_4 kareem40 with 1 posts (1 thanks)
    1. trending_up 1,908 views
    2. thumb_up 12 thanks given
    3. group 5 followers
    1. forum 10 posts
    2. attach_file 17 attachments

Search this Thread

Zoras Trading Thread

zora44
Vienna, Austria

Thanks Given: 0
Thanks Received: 10

Due to work not a lot of trading in the last two weeks. Just made a session yesterday.

Here are the trades, although the pictures are missing for the first one and the entry for the last one:

After failing at the top, the market accelerated downwards pretty fast, at 90 it encountered a large bid offer that was just overrun. Also I thought a break to the downside was more likely because we were in a downwards move. I sold into 88.

The market rushed down and hit a large bid at 79, it didnt want to trade into. Yet it also didnt trade up and my plan was to see if the bid was fake or not at a second touch. When the market went to touch the bid a second time it traded into it a little bit but still went up. I got stopped out, a bad trade since I was hoping for that bid to break which wasnt going to happen.

-10 Ticks as a result.

I did a second trade there. After the market went down to the low another time the bid was gone, and while going up, the market could break above the middle of the range. I sold at the thrid touch of the downside into some momentum, at 81.

The market rallyed instantly against me and I exited for -10 ticks.

And another try. The market also could not break the top of the range and crashed down trading a lot of volume into the lows.

Homerun. I exited at 65 for +17 since it looked like the market slowed down. After my exit the market rallied down to 43. So i could have even booked a nice win, but still it was an okay trade.

A learning here is that when a nice trend is established on the volume profile I might need to stick longer to trades, especially on crude where the market starts to rush at some point and the momentum doesnt build up in a linear way.

Happy trading!

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	6entry.png
Views:	147
Size:	107.2 KB
ID:	275561   Click image for larger version

Name:	6exit.png
Views:	165
Size:	106.9 KB
ID:	275564   Click image for larger version

Name:	7 exit.png
Views:	154
Size:	156.0 KB
ID:	275567  
Thanked by:

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
Pivot Indicator like the old SwingTemp by Big Mike
NinjaTrader
Better Renko Gaps
The Elite Circle
How to apply profiles
Traders Hideout
NexusFi Journal Challenge - May 2024
Feedback and Announcements
MC PL editor upgrade
MultiCharts

Best Threads (Most Thanked)
in the last 7 days on NexusFi
Spoo-nalysis ES e-mini futures S&P 500
48 thanks
Just another trading journal: PA, Wyckoff & Trends
31 thanks
Tao te Trade: way of the WLD
24 thanks
Bigger Wins or Fewer Losses?
24 thanks
GFIs1 1 DAX trade per day journal
22 thanks

Last Updated on September 20, 2019

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts