NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

shodson's Trading Journal

Discussion in Trading Journals

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one shodson with 573 posts (740 thanks)
    2. looks_two Big Mike with 41 posts (32 thanks)
    3. looks_3 bluemele with 12 posts (15 thanks)
    4. looks_4 cclsys with 11 posts (8 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one incometrade with 2 thanks per post
    2. looks_two shodson with 1.3 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 bluemele with 1.3 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 Big Mike with 0.8 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 184,915 views
    2. thumb_up 869 thanks given
    3. group 54 followers
    1. forum 770 posts
    2. attach_file 956 attachments

Search this Thread

shodson's Trading Journal

kylegary
Holyoke, MA

Thanks Given: 1
Thanks Received: 0

Hi Scott
I noticed your post this morning in the MTG chat room. That lead me to here. This is a great thread you have going. I have a lot of reading to catch up on! It is nice to follow someone who trades similar to me. Keep up the good work. Also have you done any more testing on trading the CL and 6E? Thanks
Gary

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
MC PL editor upgrade
MultiCharts
About a successful futures trader who didnt know anythin …
Psychology and Money Management
Better Renko Gaps
The Elite Circle
Trade idea based off three indicators.
Traders Hideout
REcommedations for programming help
Sierra Chart

shodson 
OC, California, USA
Quantoholic

Experience: Advanced
Platform: IB/TWS, NinjaTrader, ToS
Broker: IB, ToS, Kinetick
Trading: stocks, options, futures, VIX
Thanks Given: 533
Thanks Received: 3,709

kylegary View Post
Hi Scott
I noticed your post this morning in the MTG chat room. That lead me to here. This is a great thread you have going. I have a lot of reading to catch up on! It is nice to follow someone who trades similar to me. Keep up the good work. Also have you done any more testing on trading the CL and 6E? Thanks
Gary

Hello fellow MTG-er!

I posted some updated inside bar [AUTOLINK]backtest[/AUTOLINK] results on CL yesterday. Haven't updated my testing on 6E yet.

Follow me on Twitter Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Started this thread Reply With Quote
Thanked by:

Silvester17 
Columbus, OH
Market Wizard

Experience: None
Platform: NT 8, TOS
Trading: ES
Thanks Given: 5,139
Thanks Received: 11,527

hi shodson,

sorry for using this thread. but just in case you're interested in david marsh's eminitradingstrategies, I know about 10 people who bought the system. so if you need any information why you DON"T want to buy it, let me know.

Thanked by:

shodson 
OC, California, USA
Quantoholic

Silvester17 View Post
hi shodson,

sorry for using this thread. but just in case you're interested in david marsh's eminitradingstrategies, I know about 10 people who bought the system. so if you need any information why you DON"T want to buy it, let me know.

Thanks for looking out for me Silvester. I gave up on EMTS several months ago after someone I met whose friend bought his stuff and later threw it away send it my way. His ES strategies aren't that great, but it seems the people trading his YM chop money strategy, which I don't have because he launched it after my friend's friend bought his ES method, are doing well, or at least I've heard more positive feedback from those trading that method than from people trading his ES method. He also stopped selling the YM strategy, which is another sign that perhaps it does work, or, he's just creating artificial scarcity for a "product launch" at another time. Do any of your friends have the YM method and have they tried that too?

Follow me on Twitter Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Started this thread Reply With Quote

Silvester17 
Columbus, OH
Market Wizard

Experience: None
Platform: NT 8, TOS
Trading: ES
Thanks Given: 5,139
Thanks Received: 11,527

shodson View Post
Thanks for looking out for me Silvester. I gave up on EMTS several months ago after someone I met whose friend bought his stuff and later threw it away send it my way. His ES strategies aren't that great, but it seems the people trading his YM chop money strategy, which I don't have because he launched it after my friend's friend bought his ES method, are doing well, or at least I've heard more positive feedback from those trading that method than from people trading his ES method. He also stopped selling the YM strategy, which is another sign that perhaps it does work, or, he's just creating artificial scarcity for a "product launch" at another time. Do any of your friends have the YM method and have they tried that too?

same here. nobody I know would like to spend another penny on his stuff.

if I'm not mistaken, the chop money strategy is about the same, only you go for more than 1 point. (ES has a chop money strategy as well).

for YM he offered a service where you actually let him (dave marsh) trade your account. and who in the world would do that??? someone told me that a lot of people lost a fortune in a very short period of time. no surprise there.

I don't want to go into more details, because I believe he's very lawyer happy. (like day trade to win)

if you would like to know more, I prefer to pm you.

shodson 
OC, California, USA
Quantoholic

Monday, August 23rd - I set up to fade the D-CL zone only. Fading up gaps showed good probabilities too but on Scott's [AUTOLINK]gap[/AUTOLINK] guide video he showed the risk of fading up gaps on the Monday after options expiration so I avoided those zones. Sure enough the market opened up and move up more than 5pts, which would have been a losing gap trade, but then did turn around and fade the gap.

I did, however, take a 1st hr low breakdown trade. The average of the odds weren't that great but someone in the chat room mentioned that the weighted averages (weighted on number of trades) were even higher so I was convinced to take a breakdown below the lows and got my 4 points right around the daily pivot.

ES: 1 win: +16 ticks

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20100823-gap-guides.png
Views:	234
Size:	112.3 KB
ID:	19006   Click image for larger version

Name:	20100823-gap-fill-but-loser.png
Views:	215
Size:	48.1 KB
ID:	19007   Click image for larger version

Name:	20100823-fader-settings.png
Views:	201
Size:	9.2 KB
ID:	19011   Click image for larger version

Name:	20100823-first-hour-guides.png
Views:	203
Size:	70.1 KB
ID:	19012   Click image for larger version

Name:	20100823-first-hour-entry.png
Views:	217
Size:	69.1 KB
ID:	19013   Click image for larger version

Name:	20100823-first-hour-stop-adjustment.png
Views:	191
Size:	69.5 KB
ID:	19014   Click image for larger version

Name:	20100823-first-hour-win.png
Views:	193
Size:	62.2 KB
ID:	19015  
Thanked by:
kylegary
Holyoke, MA

Thanks Given: 1
Thanks Received: 0

I too bought Marsh's product about 2 1/2 years ago. A lot of contracts for 2 ticks. It seems you spent most of your day in his "recovery" mode. My recommendation would be stay clear of his system.

itrade2win 
New York

Experience: Intermediate
Platform: Sierra Charts, TOS
Trading: E-mini S&P 500
Thanks Given: 447
Thanks Received: 437

My first experience after careful or what I thought was careful research was with David Marsh's ETS system. After about nine months and losing a small fortune and the fact that yes there were some that had David trade his YM strategies on their account and after about 30 days he lost from 30% to 40% of their accounts. I still have contact with several ex members.

His system is lame, even his 80% high probabilty coming out of "No Zone" is a 80% loser. In the end that was the only trades I would make and still lost dough. BEWARE!!!! STAY AWAY FROM THIS SYSTEM

shodson 
OC, California, USA
Quantoholic

I woke up and saw that the dollar index (DX) was collapsing hard but CL was not responding. Since oil is purchased in dollars, it has an inverse relationship with the dollar. This correlation looked out of whack and needed to mean-revert so I put in a limit order at 74.10 but didn't get filled as it went up past 74.35+ so I canceled the order.

I was just a little slow at getting my order in, but I thought I'd share this correlation example as an interesting setup to consider.

Thanked by:

shodson 
OC, California, USA
Quantoholic

Tuesday, August 24th - I set up a few zones for a gap fade, but the market opened way below the close, too far to take a gap trade. The MTG moderator said in the chat room that if the gap doesn't fill at the end of the day to take a with-gap trade as those that were fading the gap will exit their trades. The down bar that printed at 12:45pm (30min before close) that reversed the up-trend was a nice short entry for 2-3 points. I did not take this trade as I was not available to do so at the time and I've never researched this setup before.

I did take a 1st hour trade to fade the highs of the first hour for another 4pt winner. I was a little less comfortable with the fact that the weighted averages were weaker than the standard averages, and I took some heat after almost hitting the target early, which almost caused me to tighten my stop, but I stuck with the system and held out for an eventual winner.

ES: 1 trade: +16 ticks

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20100824-gap-guides.png
Views:	189
Size:	112.2 KB
ID:	19095   Click image for larger version

Name:	20100824-fader-settings.png
Views:	184
Size:	10.5 KB
ID:	19100   Click image for larger version

Name:	20100824-fader-msg.png
Views:	184
Size:	65.8 KB
ID:	19101   Click image for larger version

Name:	20100824-first-hour-guides.png
Views:	170
Size:	37.8 KB
ID:	19106   Click image for larger version

Name:	20100824-first-hour-entry.png
Views:	178
Size:	56.3 KB
ID:	19107   Click image for larger version

Name:	20100824-first-hour-later.png
Views:	180
Size:	58.0 KB
ID:	19108   Click image for larger version

Name:	20100824-first-hour-win.png
Views:	178
Size:	53.9 KB
ID:	19109  

Last Updated on December 10, 2020

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts