NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

Looking for A New Broker/Platform

Discussion in Traders Hideout

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one mattz with 3 posts (1 thanks)
    2. looks_two gwaerg with 3 posts (4 thanks)
    3. looks_3 teamtc247 with 2 posts (3 thanks)
    4. looks_4 TraderMichaelB with 2 posts (1 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one NinjaTrader with 2 thanks per post
    2. looks_two bobwest with 2 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 teamtc247 with 1.5 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 gwaerg with 1.3 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 6,073 views
    2. thumb_up 16 thanks given
    3. group 12 followers
    1. forum 24 posts
    2. attach_file 0 attachments

Search this Thread

Looking for A New Broker/Platform

numberjuani 
Agoura Hills, CA USA

Experience: Advanced
Platform: Tradestation&Multicharts
Broker: TradeStation
Trading: Futures & Equities
Thanks Given: 9
Thanks Received: 102

gwaerg View Post
Hi all,

I've been trading a few years now in different markets and have been focused on futures for the last half a year. I was trading through AMP using tradingview as the platform but hated how they integrated with eachother and eventually stopped using it. I switched back to thinkorswim as I started getting into tick charts more and have been paper trading on there with A LOT more success for a couple of months but they won't approve me for live trading so I'm looking for another broker.

So I'm on the hunt for a decent broker/platorm that won't break the bank. I figured I'd put out a feeler with people who are way more experienced in all of this and see if I could possibly get some recommendations instead of wondering around from demo to demo. I like to keep things simple so my requirements are pretty simple:

-tick charts(this is more the data feed side, correct?)

-indicator programming(I made a couple of indicators in thinkscript that I'd like to duplicate)

-OCO orders

-decently cheap(right now I'd rather have the cost hidden in the fees instead of upfront for the time being)

-decent platform interface(tradingview's is extremely good at this)

-sim trading if possible

I tried ninjatrader 7 the other day and it was just horrible so I'm just trying to avoid having to waste a ton of time searching. Honestly, my ideal setup would be if tradingview had tick chart abilities and a better way to track trades but that is not possible. Any recommendations or help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you

Tradestation does all this and way more. 3.00 total commission per futures contract round trip. Great mobile app, web trading, phone support. All the historical data you could want, forex data, access to European markets, there’s not much they don’t do.

Thanked by:

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
Are there any eval firms that allow you to sink to your …
Traders Hideout
NexusFi Journal Challenge - April 2024
Feedback and Announcements
Exit Strategy
NinjaTrader
New Micros: Ultra 10-Year & Ultra T-Bond -- Live Now
Treasury Notes and Bonds
My NT8 Volume Profile Split by Asian/Euro/Open
NinjaTrader

Best Threads (Most Thanked)
in the last 7 days on NexusFi
Get funded firms 2023/2024 - Any recommendations or word …
61 thanks
Funded Trader platforms
39 thanks
Battlestations: Show us your trading desks!
26 thanks
NexusFi site changelog and issues/problem reporting
26 thanks
The Program
18 thanks
gwaerg
Sacramento

Thanks Given: 0
Thanks Received: 4

MiniP View Post
grab the x or y axis and move it up or down also there are key strokes that do this and move the candle widths

-P

Damn am I an idiot haha. How did I completely miss this? I'm just so used to a zoom option(buttons/mouse wheel) that this didn't even dawn on me. That sure helps with charting in MC.net! I'll give NT another go, now. So embarrassing lol.

Thanked by:
TraderMichaelB
Tulsa + Oklahoma/United States

Thanks Given: 5
Thanks Received: 51

I've heard good things about TradeStation but have never used it myself. Have any of you used R|Trader Pro / Rithmic?

mattz   is a Vendor

Thanks Given: 2,440
Thanks Received: 3,789

TraderMichaelB View Post
I've heard good things about TradeStation but have never used it myself. Have any of you used R|Trader Pro / Rithmic?

Not sure if you aware but TradeStation does not offer R Trader, since you wrote both in the same sentence.

We use R Trader and R Trader Pro quite extensively, and our experience is quite positive.
You can use the Rithmic data feed also third party software like Sierrachart, Muticharts, Motivewave, etc.
The R Trader is free of charge and does not include charts and could be used for executions while you charting could be on a different software utilizing Rithmic. R Trader is a simple platform and not overwhelming.

I hope this helps you in making a decision.

Thanks,
Matt Z
Optimus Futures

There is a substantial risk of loss in futures trading. Past performance is not indicative of future results.

Trading futures and options involves substantial risk of loss and is not suitable for all investors. Past performance is not necessarily indicative of future results. You may lose more than your initial investment. All posts are opinions and do not claim to be facts. Please conduct your own due diligence. Use only Risk capital when trading Futures.
1 800 771 6748 local 561 367 8686 email [email protected]
TraderMichaelB
Tulsa + Oklahoma/United States

Thanks Given: 5
Thanks Received: 51

mattz View Post
Not sure if you aware but TradeStation does not offer R Trader, since you wrote both in the same sentence.

We use R Trader and R Trader Pro quite extensively, and our experience is quite positive.
You can use the Rithmic data feed also third party software like Sierrachart, Muticharts, Motivewave, etc.
The R Trader is free of charge and does not include charts and could be used for executions while you charting could be on a different software utilizing Rithmic. R Trader is a simple platform and not overwhelming.

I hope this helps you in making a decision.

Thanks,
Matt Z
Optimus Futures

There is a substantial risk of loss in futures trading. Past performance is not indicative of future results.

Sorry, they were two separate topics for which I should have started a new paragraph I didn't realize these tools were so segregated and specific as to their purpose. I appreciate the information!

Thanked by:

mattz   is a Vendor

Thanks Given: 2,440
Thanks Received: 3,789

TraderMichaelB View Post
Sorry, they were two separate topics for which I should have started a new paragraph I didn't realize these tools were so segregated and specific as to their purpose. I appreciate the information!

No worries! I know that different components could be quite overwhelming so I wanted to be sure. Glad to help!

Thanks,
Matt Z
Optimus Futures

Trading futures and options involves substantial risk of loss and is not suitable for all investors. Past performance is not necessarily indicative of future results. You may lose more than your initial investment. All posts are opinions and do not claim to be facts. Please conduct your own due diligence. Use only Risk capital when trading Futures.
1 800 771 6748 local 561 367 8686 email [email protected]
 semiopen 
hillsborough nj

Platform: Tradestation/Excel
Trading: emicro
Thanks Given: 18
Thanks Received: 46

I used NinjaTrader 8 with Interactive Brokers about a year ago and it was absolutely awful from a performance perspective - awful being defined as bad enough to count a lot seconds while it built a 10 minute chart.

This was during the tribulations of late 2018. and IB's tws servers were also hammered now and then, at least in NJ.

Maybe NT is better with Kinetic data or some other brokers.

I have used TradeStation for a long time. It is OK performance wise but it has it's share of bugs. The data feed quality is not good, probably makes no big difference but that can be annoying to certain types of personality.

semiopen 
hillsborough nj

Platform: Tradestation/Excel
Trading: emicro
Thanks Given: 18
Thanks Received: 46

Another TradeStation comment...

Their browser app is quite good, by far the best I've seen. In many ways it is better than their desktop app. With an HD monitor it is easy to fit quotes/charts/and an order entry matrix on the screen. Chrome is such a CPU pig anyway, might as well give it a little more work to do.

Same applies to their mobile app.

Mikael6668
Mumbai, India

Thanks Received: 0

I want to share my trading experience with Fiatotrade . Two years ago I started a small amount, received a little profit and withdrew the entire amount without any problems. Then after some time he threw quite a large amount and began to trade in large volumes. Problems began in the form of slippages and requotes, as it turned out later - this is due to the fact that the type of account was Standard . In general, I decided to withdraw the entire amount again, they asked me to confirm the passport data (probably because the amount was large). Confirmed - withdrawn in 5 minutes. Then I took a break again and a year ago I decided again to trade with this broker. Again I started a large amount, but already on the ECN account. There was no requote, and with slippings almost without problems. In general, trade is on its own, and profit is also available and derived. Therefore, I remain with this broker for now, because I checked it on my own skin.

Etisan
London UK

Thanks Received: 23

TraderMichaelB View Post

I have previously used Tradestation without any issues.

I now use Rithmic > Multicharts(for charting). I use the R Trader DOM for execution rather than chart trading. Fairly straightforward to set up & use.

Last Updated on November 2, 2019

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts