NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

Millionaire in 10 weeks & Conversation with broker

Discussion in Psychology and Money Management

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one MerlinWorld with 125 posts (116 thanks)
    2. looks_two Big Mike with 20 posts (136 thanks)
    3. looks_3 DavidHP with 15 posts (57 thanks)
    4. looks_4 wldman with 14 posts (49 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one Big Mike with 6.8 thanks per post
    2. looks_two DavidHP with 3.8 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 wldman with 3.5 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 MerlinWorld with 0.9 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 70,180 views
    2. thumb_up 773 thanks given
    3. group 76 followers
    1. forum 298 posts
    2. attach_file 123 attachments

Closed Thread

Search this Thread

Millionaire in 10 weeks & Conversation with broker

MerlinWorld 
Montreal

ratfink View Post
I am genuinely sorry that you cannot take a deep breath and just listen to what many experienced folks have been trying to point out in so many valuable posts.

Are you REALLY that sorry that you didn't "help me" or just pissed off like a lot of other experts here because you failed to indoctrinate me?

ratfink View Post
Seriously, we've tried.

EXACTLY... and you fail so leave me alone. Let the C# programmers "save me". if you are NOT a C# programmer, you can't help me right now.

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
ZombieSqueeze
Platforms and Indicators
Trade idea based off three indicators.
Traders Hideout
MC PL editor upgrade
MultiCharts
Increase in trading performance by 75%
The Elite Circle
NT7 Indicator Script Troubleshooting - Camarilla Pivots
NinjaTrader

Best Threads (Most Thanked)
in the last 7 days on NexusFi
Just another trading journal: PA, Wyckoff & Trends
33 thanks
Tao te Trade: way of the WLD
24 thanks
My NQ Trading Journal
14 thanks
GFIs1 1 DAX trade per day journal
11 thanks
HumbleTraders next chapter
11 thanks
 MerlinWorld 
Montreal

Grantx View Post
I look forward to this because if he bombs badly, MerlinWorld probably wont post again for a long while.
But, if he makes his million, I will be downloading this indicator and trading his method with the utmost urgency

win win.

EXACTLY.

You need to consider that other scenario, the one that your "trader ego" totally ignores thinking that I don't know shit and I will hit the brick wall at 100 Mph and yet peeking one eye on this thread juuuuuuuuust in case I would be right.

Now don't worry, if my plan fails obviously, I will get out because I will be the joke of the town but if it works!!! OMG...Talk about a MAJOR slap to your ego. OUUUUUUCCCHHHH!

So yeah don't worry I will leave too because this place will be a sad place to be. You will all be millionaires but DAMN, your soul will be shaken to the core.

DavidHP 
Isla Mujeres, MX
Legendary Market Wizard

Experience: Advanced
Platform: NinjaTrader
Broker: Ninjatrader / Optimus Futures / AmpFutures
Trading: ES / 6E / 6B / CL
Frequency: Every few days
Duration: Minutes
Thanks Given: 11,335
Thanks Received: 2,743

MerlinWorld View Post
Now don't worry, if my plan fails obviously, I will get out because I will be the joke of the town...

I think you are wrong here...
Futures.io is a well moderated community. We try to not laugh when someone fails because we have been there. The resistance you are feeling from the community is not them trying to indoctrinate you or make you feel badly. Most of us have been there done that and only want to suggest you tread lightly so you don't lose again.

In my case, I have done EXACTLY what you are doing and the results were less than spectacular.
If you succeed, I will rejoice but if you fail I won't throw rocks.

Rejoice in the Thunderstorms of Life . . .
Knowing it's not about Clouds or Wind. . .
But Learning to Dance in the Rain ! ! !
Follow me on Twitter
 MerlinWorld 
Montreal

hurleydood View Post
Stop is way too tight.

In a not so long ago past, I would have totally agreed with you but not today.

Why? Because after all the market (Russell 2000) is still jumping all over the place and that hasn't changed so why not agree today?

Because of this cloud indicator.

Hindsight or live you get THE EXACT SAME CHART, a place where the indicator shows "EXTENDED DIPS" and just like a rubber band, it has room to expand...UNTIL... it is stretched to the max.

At this point, the band doesn't have a lot of room left to expand...AND THAT... is why even a 1-2 ticks stop outside all these double bottoms/tops could make AAAAALLLLLLLL the difference here.

TOTALLY GAME CHANGER.

Look at all the double bottoms/tops it did today and it was not even noon yet?

Yeah yeah, Renko bars create fake bars that skew your backtest but again, not THAT MANY BARS!!!

In MultiCharts, there is still a checkbox you can check and that will remove those fake filled "Phantom Bars" and you won't see a TON of holes in the chart, just a few missing bars here and there maybe 1 every 500 or 1,000 bars. I can deal with that.

You can even check the "Show Wick" checkbox and start to see the wicks giving you a more accurate view of where the price actually went down during those double bottoms.

Still...VERY INTERESTING STUFF INDEED.

MerlinWorld 
Montreal

GruttePier View Post
I haven’t read the whole thread, so I’m sorry if this question has been asked and answered already.

If I was as confident as you are, I would be trading this thing already. Nothing would stop me.
What’s holding you back?

Sent using the NexusFi mobile app

When you got bit by the tiger, you take your time the next time you try to kill it. You watch, observe from a far, analyze and look for patterns, habits, vulnerabilities AND THEN... you move for the kill.

In other words, I am not ready yet.

If you think you are go ahead, jump in but you better be prepared or else you will come here and well... get indoctrinated.

lolu 
Lagos, Nigeria
Market Wizard

Experience: Intermediate
Platform: NinjaTrader, SierraChart
Trading: Euro Currency & Oil
Frequency: Daily
Duration: Hours
Thanks Given: 1,049
Thanks Received: 1,678

Only one Cloud so far ...

Lolu

Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal
Thanked by:
 MerlinWorld 
Montreal

lolu View Post
Only one Cloud so far ...

Lolu

Ok load the M2K or RTY chart, set your cloud to 10 and 12 pts in height (not X bars back like Moving Averages here) and try to make it look so that you see juuuuuuuuust a few peaks below the cloud.

That's what I call "Extended Dips" and at that level, the price is SUPER extended and that's where EVERY TICK counts because there is not a lot of room left otherwise the price will hit my threshold and the clouds will change color as it did on the upper right.

If/when you see this, let me know.

MerlinWorld 
Montreal

Hey guys, I know for many "experts" here, what I'm about to post means nothing but even though I don't have my system programmed and automated yet, I was looking at my indicator and saw that on my TradeStation chart.

A double top ABOVE the darkest cloud, I couldn't resist so I switched to my Multicharts software and Sold 2 M2K contracts short and this happened.

So all my crazy ideas are becoming true now. Entry at a double top and BOOM...5 pts (100% ROI) in less than 3 minutes. Not bad.

My first trade last Friday was my 1st doubling from $25 to $50 and now I just double again from $50 to $100 (I think I did another 2 contract trade 2 days ago, hmm, anyway, it works).

It won't work every time of course but at least it's possible and that's all I need.

wldman 
Chicago Illinois USA
Legendary Market Wizard

Experience: Advanced
Broker: IB, ToS
Trading: /ES, US Equities/Options
Frequency: Several times daily
Duration: Hours
Thanks Given: 2,047
Thanks Received: 9,513

sorry for the bad discipline. I said i would not post unless quoted or tagged.

Carry on.

Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal
Thanked by:
 MerlinWorld 
Montreal

Yup DEFINITELY those Double Bottoms/Tops Entry need to be consider later on in this backtest when the indicator will be programmed in C#.

It's the only way to get in when the price doesn't dip down into the clouds.

Also, they would have given us the best entries we could find.

Closed Thread

Last Updated on August 5, 2019

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts