NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

Millionaire in 10 weeks & Conversation with broker

Discussion in Psychology and Money Management

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one MerlinWorld with 125 posts (116 thanks)
    2. looks_two Big Mike with 20 posts (136 thanks)
    3. looks_3 DavidHP with 15 posts (57 thanks)
    4. looks_4 wldman with 14 posts (49 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one Big Mike with 6.8 thanks per post
    2. looks_two DavidHP with 3.8 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 wldman with 3.5 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 MerlinWorld with 0.9 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 69,627 views
    2. thumb_up 773 thanks given
    3. group 76 followers
    1. forum 298 posts
    2. attach_file 123 attachments

Closed Thread

Search this Thread

Millionaire in 10 weeks & Conversation with broker

MerlinWorld 
Montreal

DavidHP View Post
If you have money management and no trading system, you will soon have no money...
Results are the same...

If your trading is not making money, you are loosing money no matter how well you manage it..

So the first step is to create an 'edge' that will make money to manage.

Does that make sense?

Yes, you got it right.

For example, I got the delayed version on TradeStation so I see my 2 clouds lines but can't sim trade live on it because it's delayed. It's mostly meant to program in EasyLanguage and backtest at the end of the day.

On my new broker's chart, I got the realtime live feed but because I don't have my 2 clouds programmed in C#, I don't see them so I trade blindly.

The result? Super bad entries, entering and getting out too late at the wrong point.

Here's the screenshot of this morning of the M2K Russell 2000 taken on TradeStation with my 2 clouds line.

You can noticed that that there was a stopped out entry when the 1st dip went into the dark gray cloud but the 2nd one at 1,579.5 was the best one. However, the market didn't do the whole 5 pts, it went 2 ticks from the 5 pts and that's not the 1st time I see this. People get out just a few ticks before the 5 pts. So I missed this one.

There was another one later when the lines turned from white to blue but again, because my TradeStation is delayed and on my new broker's chart, I didn't see where the cloud lines were, I missed this one also.

I could only see it later on my TradeStation chart and see that it would have worked this time.

So yeah, the indicator works like a charm but I HAVE TO PROGRAM IT so that it runs on its own or else I'm gonna lose my shirt again.

The future looks bright though.

Btw, look where the price is NOT... it's hovering mostly below the 2 clouds so this means that I'm closely watching the green rectangle area for pullbacks and when it will go there I will jump in again.

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
Are there any eval firms that allow you to sink to your …
Traders Hideout
Ninja Mobile Trader VPS (ninjamobiletrader.com)
Trading Reviews and Vendors
NT7 Indicator Script Troubleshooting - Camarilla Pivots
NinjaTrader
NexusFi Journal Challenge - April 2024
Feedback and Announcements
Deepmoney LLM
Elite Quantitative GenAI/LLM

MerlinWorld 
Montreal

fxFlux View Post
I got your last PM

Do you see the PM with the EasyLanguage code I sent you?

wldman 
Chicago Illinois USA
Legendary Market Wizard

Experience: Advanced
Broker: IB, ToS
Trading: /ES, US Equities/Options
Frequency: Several times daily
Duration: Hours
Thanks Given: 2,046
Thanks Received: 9,491

Post of the thread right here.

ratfink View Post
@MerlinWorld

Biggest mistake you made (and it happens often) is to create a thread with this sort of title.

Best advice I can offer you is to join FIO elite, it's worth it many times over, create a journal with a less provocative title and just get on with the business one or two trades at a time being honest with yourself every day of the job. It isn't easy. In a small account I did 20X in 3 months with 170 trades, then blew it up completely and I'm still trying to recover the psychology after three years in sideways la-la land.

I really wish you the best, highly recommend you close this thread and start over in a new journal, walking softly.

Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal
Thanked by:

wldman 
Chicago Illinois USA
Legendary Market Wizard

@MerlinWorld

I still have one or two of the stats based models that I built on trade station. I'm sure I have the data runs. I'm not sure if I have the EasyLanguage...but if I could code it, ANYONE can code it.

My objection to your candor was/is with the smug arrogance you showed up shouting. Guest, first post, and has captured and bred the goose that lays golden eggs. My gut says that you have never done anything in the markets past think about good ideas that might work...so some set of balls on you to show up shouting without any idea of the audience or the "ways" discourse generally progresses here.

You are 100% correct to attempt a statistical model, especially if you want to turn it into a black/grey box. If you can bridle up the gusto you will find people here that can help or collaborate. If you listen and evaluate without bias you can likely benefit from years and years of reasonable experience. Retain what is beneficial and dismiss, without harm, what cant benefit your project. If you want to trot in like a coked up frat-boy on parents weekend, you will attract a following of "seekers", but you will have a tough go finding resourceful contributors interested in your idea.

You can choose to keep defending yourself or you can invite collaboration. My advice, try the rebrand suggested above. Join the forum. Start a new thread that seeks specific thoughts on an item outside of what you believe are your own specific talents.

Just my two cents.

-Dan

Thanked by:
 MerlinWorld 
Montreal

wldman View Post
You can choose to keep defending yourself or you can invite collaboration.

But I invite collaboration however with post like you did, you leave me no choice but to defend myself.

All I ever wanted by posting here for the first time since I signed up in 2013 (because at 49 and been analyzing the Russell 2000 since 2004, I ain't no frat-boy like you said) is to post some screenshots of my 2 clouds indicators and get some type of positive response and yet all I did was defend myself ever since I posted it but that was expected and the negative storm is not over yet, more like you will come and trash me or my system or tell me how arrogant I am, etc but that won't stop me.

The elite will soon come because anyone with half a brain will just noticed that I could have doubled my $25 to $50 Friday and Today going fro $50 to $100 with 1 hand in my back if I would have programmed my strategy in C# which I don't know.

$100 in case you missed it is the 2nd doubling of the Level 1. I'm one trade away from reaching level 2 by storing an $100 orange backup and play with the other green $100. You prefer to talk about me or laugh at my ideas instead of looking at the REAL DATA and true potential of this system. Your loss.

Now if you don't like it, nobody forces you to come back here and "endure" my terrible arrogance. Just stick to the thread that makes you happy.

Cheers,

Merlin

2 doublings done, 19 more to go. :-D

wldman 
Chicago Illinois USA
Legendary Market Wizard

you are still not understanding correctly.

All the best to you.

Dan

Thanked by:
 MerlinWorld 
Montreal

wldman View Post
All the best to you.

Same for you,

Have a nice day.

Now are there any serious C Sharp programmers in the house so that we can move on to more serious matters here?

Merlin

mattz   is a Vendor

Thanks Given: 2,440
Thanks Received: 3,789

As we celebrated the 10th anniversary of F.IO and heard every story in the book, I would suggest listening to those who started, failed, corrected, and succeeded. That makes the story of a trader. What they have learned along the way about trading, psychology, randomness, reality, and theory is priceless, in other words, listen to those who have skin in the game.

The theorists will always shout that no one gets them, and you are mean, ruthless, and unfair. The reality is that you stand in their way of fantasy. There is NOTHING you can say to these people that would make them realize that you are a skeptic because it's too good to be true. Sometimes too good to be true is a world that for the practical user (in any field) is hard to explain. Those who have a sense of reality take "too good to be true" as a curiosity challenge, not an attack.

“The curse of modernity is that we are increasingly populated by a class of people who are better at explaining than understanding, or better at explaining than doing.”
― Nassim Nicholas Taleb, Skin in the Game: Hidden Asymmetries in Daily Life

Matt Z
Optimus Futures

There is a substantial risk of loss in futures trading. Past performance is not indicative of future results.

Trading futures and options involves substantial risk of loss and is not suitable for all investors. Past performance is not necessarily indicative of future results. You may lose more than your initial investment. All posts are opinions and do not claim to be facts. Please conduct your own due diligence. Use only Risk capital when trading Futures.
1 800 771 6748 local 561 367 8686 email [email protected]

shodson 
OC, California, USA
Quantoholic

Platform: IB/TWS, NinjaTrader, ToS
Broker: IB, ToS, Kinetick
Trading: stocks, options, futures, VIX
Thanks Given: 533
Thanks Received: 3,709

Follow me on Twitter Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal
 MerlinWorld 
Montreal

mattz View Post
As we celebrated the 10th anniversary of F.IO and heard every story in the book, I would suggest listening to those who started, failed, corrected, and succeeded.

Nah, no thank you. What I have seen and heard in my past 15 years of research in Trading is so boring, it makes me wanna cry.

Everybody keeps telling me... shut up and listen, think like us, do what we do, say what we say, don't rock the boat...KIDDO!!!, you just don't get it do you, this kid doesn't know life yet, don't worry guys, he will get it.. one day...

My response is this...

You don't like what I say? then don't talk to me. You don't like me on this forum? then just delete my account. I am telling you now, you can bitch at me or scream at me or tell me to stop behaving like this and fit in YOUR RANK, I'm sorry, I won't! I have ALWAYS been a black sheep, always went in the opposite direction of the mass and THAT makes A LOT of people mad and to be honest, I don't give a damn.

So go ahead, bitch at me all you want, laugh at my ideas, my concept, call me a dreamer, a "kid who don't know anything about trading", I don't care. Just don't stand in my way.

Quoting 
The man who says it cannot be done is generally interrupted by someone else doing it.—Elbert Hubbard.

NOW!....Is there ANYONE here who knows about C Sharp so that we can program and backtest this system?

Closed Thread

Last Updated on August 5, 2019

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts