NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

I'm in deep S@$% now.

Discussion in Traders Hideout

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one barabas with 5 posts (56 thanks)
    2. looks_two dbouzas with 4 posts (27 thanks)
    3. looks_3 Fxfutures1976 with 3 posts (6 thanks)
    4. looks_4 steven2 with 3 posts (9 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one GoldLinx with 53 thanks per post
    2. looks_two bobwest with 34 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 barabas with 11.2 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 dbouzas with 6.8 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 24,262 views
    2. thumb_up 714 thanks given
    3. group 100 followers
    1. forum 105 posts
    2. attach_file 4 attachments

Search this Thread

I'm in deep S@$% now.

Chilli19
Toronto, Canada

Thanks Given: 0
Thanks Received: 0

To be honest, it's sad to read that. Need that people have coped with their problems and got out of this shit.

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
My NT8 Volume Profile Split by Asian/Euro/Open
NinjaTrader
New Micros: Ultra 10-Year & Ultra T-Bond -- Live Now
Treasury Notes and Bonds
NT7 Indicator Script Troubleshooting - Camarilla Pivots
NinjaTrader
Deepmoney LLM
Elite Quantitative GenAI/LLM
The space time continuum and the dynamics of a financial …
Emini and Emicro Index

Best Threads (Most Thanked)
in the last 7 days on NexusFi
Get funded firms 2023/2024 - Any recommendations or word …
61 thanks
Funded Trader platforms
38 thanks
NexusFi site changelog and issues/problem reporting
26 thanks
GFIs1 1 DAX trade per day journal
19 thanks
The Program
18 thanks

jupiejupe 
San Diego California

Experience: None
Platform: Home Grown IN Development
Broker: Broker InteractiveBrokers
Trading: CL
Thanks Given: 87
Thanks Received: 68

you say don’t over trade then the last thing you mention is overtrading. maybe your issue is that you do not have a mental out for the day.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

"Learning to Trade: The Cost Of Tuition"
- a roadmap of my lessons learned as taught by the market
Follow me on Twitter Reply With Quote

reno57540 
Potomac, MD

Experience: Intermediate
Platform: ToS, NT
Broker: TD Ameritrade, IB
Trading: QM/CL
Thanks Given: 120
Thanks Received: 213

After losing money (on balance) for 6 years, I finally feel like I have turned things around. I have now day traded futures profitably for over 1 year.
So while that doesn't make me a pro. I can tell you what has helped me with my struggles.

1. I trade 1 instrument only
2. I look at longer time frames. I started trading CL on a 24/5 300 tick chart, and now trade 1 60Min RTH chart.
3. I take very few trades. I now only take 1 trade per day and some day I don't even trade (if not entry per method).
4. I came up with a systematic method. Discretionary trading didn't work for me as emotions always interfered.
4. I use wide a stop and a target. This reduces the number of decisions you have to make while under stress.
5. Instead of trading SIM, I used topsteptrader. This costs a little money but it was good to outsource the record keeping to make sure I would not interfere with the results. As soon as I got funded with a 150k account, I was confident enough to bail on them and go live. Some of their rules are pretty annoying, but overall they will teach you good money management principles.

Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Reply With Quote
 avall38486 
Dallas, Texas

Experience: Intermediate
Platform: ninjatrader
Trading: crude oil
Thanks Given: 78
Thanks Received: 43

great advice.
Thank you

Thanked by:

Leon of Pizza 
St. Louis

Experience: Beginner
Platform: thinkorswim, NT8
Trading: equity and fx futures and options
Thanks Given: 99
Thanks Received: 192

I presume that you're not analyzing your trades and performance correctly because you express it in terms of P/L, and not expectancy/setup and %ROC/time. I would guess that its because you're not a diligent record-keeper.

I've been working part-time for years. I've taken several extended draw downs and seen several periods of lean opportunity for my method. I'm fortunate to be able to control my time at the square job, so I can trade for a month or more and find that I get burned out. So I would reiterate what others have said about the psychological burden of the full-time commitment. I'm not so eager to make the transition.

GoldLinx View Post
...iceburg...

Really? I thought that was chunks of dark pool volume, so I filed it away with the other bogeymen. If its a tangible feature to be seen in tape reading, I wanna know how.

dbouzas
Houston, TX

Thanks Given: 43
Thanks Received: 68

reno57540 View Post
After losing money (on balance) for 6 years, I finally feel like I have turned things around. I have now day traded futures profitably for over 1 year.
So while that doesn't make me a pro. I can tell you what has helped me with my struggles.

1. I trade 1 instrument only
2. I look at longer time frames. I started trading CL on a 24/5 300 tick chart, and now trade 1 60Min RTH chart.
3. I take very few trades. I now only take 1 trade per day and some day I don't even trade (if not entry per method).
4. I came up with a systematic method. Discretionary trading didn't work for me as emotions always interfered.
4. I use wide a stop and a target. This reduces the number of decisions you have to make while under stress.
5. Instead of trading SIM, I used topsteptrader. This costs a little money but it was good to outsource the record keeping to make sure I would not interfere with the results. As soon as I got funded with a 150k account, I was confident enough to bail on them and go live. Some of their rules are pretty annoying, but overall they will teach you good money management principles.

A lot of people around the internet have criticized the Topstep Trader program, but I would say that if you want to become a professional trader, going through their program is one way to do it. I believe they have a great thing going and its getting better. Like you mentioned, they teach you risk management first, profit later. If you follow their metrics guide, you're going to end up profitable, as long as you work hard to improve those metrics. Winning trade % above 40, average winning trade > average losing trade and RRR 1.5:1 or greater. The math doesn't lie, but then the emotional game comes into play which is not for everyone. You have to have a competitive spirit. So, I agree with you

Last Updated on August 17, 2019

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts