NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

I'm in deep S@$% now.

Discussion in Traders Hideout

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one barabas with 5 posts (56 thanks)
    2. looks_two dbouzas with 4 posts (27 thanks)
    3. looks_3 Meklon with 3 posts (19 thanks)
    4. looks_4 Fxfutures1976 with 3 posts (6 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one GoldLinx with 53 thanks per post
    2. looks_two bobwest with 34 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 Pariah Carey with 27 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 barabas with 11.2 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 24,594 views
    2. thumb_up 714 thanks given
    3. group 100 followers
    1. forum 105 posts
    2. attach_file 4 attachments

Search this Thread

I'm in deep S@$% now.

RogerBond429
PHOENIX AZ USA

Thanks Given: 0
Thanks Received: 1

Connect with Base Camp Trading.com and there live trading room. Reach out to either Thomas or Gary. You can live trade CL, NQ, ES Gold, Euro and Bonds which should set you up for long term success.

Thanked by:

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
MC PL editor upgrade
MultiCharts
ZombieSqueeze
Platforms and Indicators
REcommedations for programming help
Sierra Chart
Trade idea based off three indicators.
Traders Hideout
Pivot Indicator like the old SwingTemp by Big Mike
NinjaTrader

Leon Blokland 
Amsterdam Netherlands

Experience: Advanced
Platform: Ninja Trader
Trading: Futures
Thanks Given: 1
Thanks Received: 25

Take a look at order flow.

On the long therm you will never be profitable with old fashioned indicators in markets dominated by algos.

Good Luck!!

Thanked by:
soumen
Dhaka Bangladesh

Thanks Given: 6
Thanks Received: 24

Yes getting a job is move in right direction and do not trade. Having said that right now the issue that I am working on is DOW and its vulnerability as an instrument. I think it is overpriced and any market downturn could impact it more than other instruments. Right now market is waiting with baited breath about Fed move and before the meeting its just anticipatory price movement. Having said that expect large volatility once all is said and done that is Fed is done its job. Huge profits or loss will be made (once in a lifetime opportunity) if you happened to be on the right side of the market. Good luck.

Thanked by:

ZCars 
Birmingham/UK

Platform: Tradestation/Prorealtime
Broker: Tradestation/Interactive Brokers
Trading: Mini and micro US Indexes/ DAX/ FX/VIX/GOLD
Thanks Given: 53
Thanks Received: 164

Hello Barabas. You know the deal. And to echo what others have said:

Trade less. Sometimes I think if you could just sit on your hands for weeks/ months waiting for a global catastrophe then you'd be made for life. May take years, but you go all in and then walk away. Perhaps impossible to do that these days due to algos. US elections next year/ european political events/ Brexit at the end of October/ big key events. Can make profits for the year in a day or two.

Get rid of all distractions. Just you and the markets. Understand the narrative and why the markets are reacting the way they do. watching endless youtubers, bloggers, opinions, investment pros talking their own book etc, etc, will just mess with your composure. All I have is a squawk and bloomberg TV with no volume. Twitter feed. All gratis.

Simple tools. Try to get them all for free. A little account that gives squawk, data, news etc for free with a small deposit. Cut your costs to a minimum. You don't need much as long as it's fast and accurate. I have Tradestation for free including all realtime futures data. This is all the analysis you need. Great to be retail.

Live like a monk for a while if you can. As above, just you and the markets. Maybe a dog for company. Live on noodles. Yoga. Keep fit and positive. Need understanding partner. Very hard to find a woman who understands.

Trade lots of instruments. Volatility comes in many forms. Try and work with it. There's at least a good trade each day but it may very well not be ES. Yesterday was a good example: CL/ GBP/ YM all moved significantly.

Don't take life too seriously. We are all lucky. We don't have to walk 5 miles to a water well or wait for militia to arrive in our village and rape our daughters. We are all blessed. Relax, enjoy the good things in life. They are not free but not too costly either. Just trade to live. To have the freedoms it brings. Who needs to be stinking rich?

The dream is being sold everywhere. Business of the dream sellers is to extract your cash. All the stinking bullshit in this industry. Turn it all off. I sit with my feeds and charts everyday. I make enough to live simply. I watch and wait. Just me and the markets working together. Do what the markets tell you to do. Be happy. That's it.

It's a lonely job with many pitfalls. Discipline is the key. Sounds like you're almost there. Good luck.

Mantrad
Tel Aviv Israel

Trading CL outright with a 200 dollar stop loss imo is going to be very difficult, random noise or sudden moves will kill several days work and have youpulling your hair out.
I would suggest trading calendar spreads flies or boxes , this way you are massively reducing the rE ange of the position you take , and then scale into and hold your position for a longer period of time.
You can leave your take profit orders in the market and carry on with your life while periodically checking your positions.
The more legs you add to the trade the more obvious the entry and exit points tend to be although then you have increased commissions to contend with.
Also you make much more efficient use of your capital.

Thanked by:
 bify 
Green Bay, WI

Platform: NinjaTrader
Trading: CL

Hi, this is Attila, It is hart to obey to the indicators but we have to do it. Computers are trading as well and they trigger each others. So let's follow the flow.
What you can see on my chart I use Renko chart. I my opinion time in no relevant in momentum trading.
Rules: Don't trade against SMA 50 and HMA 42. You can play whit the numbers as you like but set a rule and stick with it.
You will make money IF YOU FOLLOW IT.

Trading is same as driving. Don't drive against the direction of traffic. It's funny but I bet you would not take the off ramp and speed against the incoming traffic on the HWY. Same as with trading . We load more contracts to take us back to 0 but we are on the WRONG SIDE OF THE TRADE.

Do the loading when is a pull back on the right side. On the chart take the 56 level and ride it till it proofs you otherwise.
Take a brake when is pulling back and go again.

Fxfutures1976 
London

Platform: cqg integrated,ninjatrade
Trading: Futures and forex
Thanks Received: 69

Ive asked you some questions in an earlier reply. Im not sure if you have answered, if not, I presume you may not know the answer which is very concerning for you. Ill ask one more time.

1) What is you win rate percentage over the last year to six months minimum.

2) What is your minimum Risk reward per trade.

The reason why these are so relevant to your strategy is that if you are only taking $200 wins with $200 risk you are obviously going to need a high win rate of a minimum of 60 % for it to even be worth it, which in the real world is near on impossible to maintain.

Thanked by:
 Anand Jagdeo 
Shelburne
AJ

Experience: Beginner
Broker: Amp Futures
Trading: currency futures
Thanks Given: 5
Thanks Received: 6

Good morning Barabas. I may not be the best one to give you advice as I am currently trading simulation after blowing up my account in December. I have since taken the time to explore this site which I never really did before even though I have been a member for a couple of years and have found some very useful indicators which is helping a lot with trading such as TDI, Price Action Swing Pro & Oscillator, SuperTrend U11 and Trigger Lines. I am using these along with some of the standard indicators like the moving averages and Pivots and it is working quite well. Also try trading less volatile markets like the currencies and NQ (volatile but smaller tick value $5).Good luck

Anand

Thanked by:
 Anand Jagdeo 
Shelburne
AJ

Broker: Amp Futures
Trading: currency futures
Thanks Given: 5
Thanks Received: 6

bify View Post
Hi, this is Attila, It is hart to obey to the indicators but we have to do it. Computers are trading as well and they trigger each others. So let's follow the flow.
What you can see on my chart I use Renko chart. I my opinion time in no relevant in momentum trading.
Rules: Don't trade against SMA 50 and HMA 42. You can play whit the numbers as you like but set a rule and stick with it.
You will make money IF YOU FOLLOW IT.

Trading is same as driving. Don't drive against the direction of traffic. It's funny but I bet you would not take the off ramp and speed against the incoming traffic on the HWY. Same as with trading . We load more contracts to take us back to 0 but we are on the WRONG SIDE OF THE TRADE.

Do the loading when is a pull back on the right side. On the chart take the 56 level and ride it till it proofs you otherwise.
Take a brake when is pulling back and go again.

Good morning. Would you be willing to share your strategy and chart template. I like what I see. Would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Anand

Thanked by:
 ldcapital 
FORT WORTH

Platform: tastyworks
Trading: es, nq cl
Thanks Received: 10

Congrats on having the courage to admit you're having problems and asking for help. I'm close to where you are, except
I'm still working PT. There is some good advice in the previous posts. Don't wait until you absolutely have to look for work.
Look now and and don't let yourself get deeper in the hole, even if its part-time. There is no shame in getting a job. Remember, you have not failed, this is just part of the journey. You haven't failed until you give up. Just keep working on your skills. God bless and best wishes.

Thanked by:

Last Updated on August 17, 2019

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts