NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

X-Trader Trading Platform

Discussion in Platforms and Indicators

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one Big Mike with 30 posts (65 thanks)
    2. looks_two cunparis with 15 posts (5 thanks)
    3. looks_3 MetalTrade with 11 posts (4 thanks)
    4. looks_4 paulg with 9 posts (2 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one MXASJ with 4.3 thanks per post
    2. looks_two gboos with 2.4 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 Big Mike with 2.2 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 sysot1t with 1.3 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 92,539 views
    2. thumb_up 179 thanks given
    3. group 30 followers
    1. forum 188 posts
    2. attach_file 8 attachments

Closed Thread

Search this Thread

X-Trader Trading Platform

cunparis 
Paris, France

Experience: Advanced
Platform: Market Delta & Ninjatrader
Trading: ES
Thanks Given: 1,162
Thanks Received: 2,094

bathrobe View Post
Did your Velocity rep mention why they are 24 cents less if you use futuresbroker.com? Does one seem better than the other, for any reason other than commission?

They only publish commission rates for ES and she said it's for traders who trade ES. I'm not sure what the deal is really. It seems a bit suspicious, like a bait & switch or something. I can see if it was a different company and/or employees but the same Velocity rep answered the online chat so this futuresbroker.com website is just a front.

Follow me on Twitter

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
Pivot Indicator like the old SwingTemp by Big Mike
NinjaTrader
Cheap historycal L1 data for stocks
Stocks and ETFs
MC PL editor upgrade
MultiCharts
Trade idea based off three indicators.
Traders Hideout
NT7 Indicator Script Troubleshooting - Camarilla Pivots
NinjaTrader

cunparis 
Paris, France

sysot1t View Post
specially OCO Trader Ltd... did you know that if you launch it more than once, all of them will take effect on your single DOM orders? yep... It drove me crazy and I could not figure out why the trades were not working or happening at odd places... gave up around 9AM since I was late for work.. closed my dom, ignore the messages.. and hopped on the car.

Interesting experience with this OCO stuff. I haven't tried it yet. So far I think the Ninja DOM's ATM is much more intuitive. For fast markets where this is important I'm still using the Ninja DOM. For slow markets where I have more time to analyze the DOM I am using X-Trader. Maybe when I get more comfortable with X I will do everything with X (if I get enough trades it's worth it to pay $650/month and get lower commissions).

Follow me on Twitter

kronie 
NYC + NY / USA

Platform: "I trade, therefore, I AM!"; Theme Song: "Atomic Dog!"
Trading: EMD, 6J, ZB

perhaps this was covered,
perhaps it needs to be repeated or highlighted or seperated into a follow-on thread,

but

what about the analytics on this platform?

the leader on the board remains NT and eSignal, perhaps MultiCharts,

the amount of 3rd party analytics also helps distinguish between supported vs. packaged,

so, where and how sophisticated are the analytics on X-Trader?

I always got the impression after trying it a few times, that it was a "for the moment" platform

cunparis 
Paris, France

kronie View Post
I always got the impression after trying it a few times, that it was a "for the moment" platform

Is there anything else?

Follow me on Twitter
Thanked by:
 sysot1t 

depends what you call analytics... and what market or investor/trader segment you are addressing...

in any event.... NT as an analytics platform is unstable, but RC1 has proven a bit more reliable... if userbase is the determination of how good a platform is, then sure.. NT since they give the product away... but I would say, baring not having REDIPlus for your OE and a Bloomberg for all your analytics... your options as retail are MarketDelta, MultiCharts, Tradestation, SierraCharts, NeoTicker, CQGIC, AmiBroker, Tradecision, Esignal, Ensign, MetaStock.. each one has a different user base and are much better foundational analytics platforms given their stability than NT.. ... again, depending on what your definition is... if you want your platform to do algo trading at the same time, or if you care to analyze options at the same time, or if you just want tons of "indicators" from others or create your own custom ones, etc...

To me XTrader is a good order entry platform... I would not use their charts... although I tried..

kronie View Post
perhaps this was covered,
perhaps it needs to be repeated or highlighted or seperated into a follow-on thread,

but

what about the analytics on this platform?

the leader on the board remains NT and eSignal, perhaps MultiCharts,

the amount of 3rd party analytics also helps distinguish between supported vs. packaged,

so, where and how sophisticated are the analytics on X-Trader?

Dale Box 
Houston Texas USA

Platform: X_TRADER
Thanks Given: 24
Thanks Received: 44

cunparis View Post
They only publish commission rates for ES and she said it's for traders who trade ES. I'm not sure what the deal is really. It seems a bit suspicious, like a bait & switch or something. I can see if it was a different company and/or employees but the same Velocity rep answered the online chat so this futuresbroker.com website is just a front.

No front. FB is a division of VF.

Discounted commissions for ES traders that require less servicing.

If you have any questions about our services at Velocity Futures please send me a private message.
Thanked by:
 Michael.H 
CA

Experience: Master
Platform: Marketdelta and Ninja
Broker: Velocity
Trading: NQ
Thanks Given: 64
Thanks Received: 529

I think i posted this before.. If you want help, you need to use their online chat tool.... Unless you want to get out of a position, then you can go ahead and call their support desk

MetalTrade 

Do you need to pay for their plugins on X-trader ? How much ?

Thanks

sysot1t 

you get the one you need for free, assuming XTrader free... OCO and PS ...

MetalTrade View Post
Do you need to pay for their plugins on X-trader ? How much ?

Thanks

MetalTrade 

Is X-trader available in a 64bit version ??

Closed Thread

Last Updated on July 24, 2011

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts