NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

X-Trader Trading Platform

Discussion in Platforms and Indicators

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one Big Mike with 30 posts (65 thanks)
    2. looks_two cunparis with 15 posts (5 thanks)
    3. looks_3 MetalTrade with 11 posts (4 thanks)
    4. looks_4 paulg with 9 posts (2 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one MXASJ with 4.3 thanks per post
    2. looks_two gboos with 2.4 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 Big Mike with 2.2 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 sysot1t with 1.3 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 92,413 views
    2. thumb_up 179 thanks given
    3. group 30 followers
    1. forum 188 posts
    2. attach_file 8 attachments

Closed Thread

Search this Thread

X-Trader Trading Platform

cunparis 
Paris, France

Experience: Advanced
Platform: Market Delta & Ninjatrader
Trading: ES
Thanks Given: 1,162
Thanks Received: 2,093

bathrobe View Post
futuresbroker.com is free and less ($4.26) I think they are a subsidiary of Velocity though.

I just went to the futuresbroker.com site and I did the live chat and I ended up chatting with my Velocity rep! So I told her I was looking for another broker with Bund on sim. She wasn't amused.

Follow me on Twitter

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
Exit Strategy
NinjaTrader
Increase in trading performance by 75%
The Elite Circle
REcommedations for programming help
Sierra Chart
Trade idea based off three indicators.
Traders Hideout
ZombieSqueeze
Platforms and Indicators

Best Threads (Most Thanked)
in the last 7 days on NexusFi
Just another trading journal: PA, Wyckoff & Trends
34 thanks
Tao te Trade: way of the WLD
24 thanks
Bigger Wins or Fewer Losses?
18 thanks
GFIs1 1 DAX trade per day journal
16 thanks
Vinny E-Mini & Algobox Review TRADE ROOM
13 thanks
 sysot1t 

so after much searching.. I am now doing X-trader as well... just started this week... the learning curve is not that hard... I was able to trade today without any issues and met my goal in a few minutes.. then just moved on to TTSIM to play and try new things...

I have much to learn about the platform still, but it is faster than NT7!! ... I still like tradevec, but I like the EPIQ with XT... I wish others had thought of it and added it since that is rather useful and it is tracked at the workstation level, so it is estimated at best, but better than wondering where the hell your order is on the queue... oh wait, TT will patent that too and charge 0.15c per transaction (if they have not yet done it that is )

sysot1t 

GentleTrader View Post
Which broker is that? The "problem" of TT is that your platform depends on TT server at your IB. Better clients get better servers/net speed.

that is very much true... it is my understanding that Advantage Futures has the most robuts TT setup out there available to retail... but their account management features suck... even worst than dorman trading...

cunparis 
Paris, France

sysot1t View Post
so after much searching.. I am now doing X-trader as well... just started this week... the learning curve is not that hard... I was able to trade today without any issues and met my goal in a few minutes.. then just moved on to TTSIM to play and try new things...

I have much to learn about the platform still, but it is faster than NT7!! ... I still like tradevec, but I like the EPIQ with XT... I wish others had thought of it and added it since that is rather useful and it is tracked at the workstation level, so it is estimated at best, but better than wondering where the hell your order is on the queue... oh wait, TT will patent that too and charge 0.15c per transaction (if they have not yet done it that is )

I find the ninja dom is slightly faster but I much prefer the "fisher price" look & feel of the x-trader dom. it's bigger and easier to click. the EPIQ is very cool. But I really need the OCO plugin which means paying $650/month. Hopefully my volume will increase to the point where it's cheaper to pay the $650/month fee instead of higher commissions.

Ninja could have really added to the DOM for NT7 but they didn't change much of anything on the DOM. that's too bad.

Follow me on Twitter

Big Mike 
Manta, Ecuador
Site Administrator
Developer
Swing Trader

Platform: Custom solution
Broker: IBKR
Trading: Stocks & Futures
Frequency: Every few days
Duration: Weeks
Thanks Given: 33,213
Thanks Received: 101,599

cunparis View Post
I find the ninja dom is slightly faster but I much prefer the "fisher price" look & feel of the x-trader dom. it's bigger and easier to click. the EPIQ is very cool. But I really need the OCO plugin which means paying $650/month. Hopefully my volume will increase to the point where it's cheaper to pay the $650/month fee instead of higher commissions.

Ninja could have really added to the DOM for NT7 but they didn't change much of anything on the DOM. that's too bad.

If you are with Velocity I am quite certain you can get the OCO plugin for free. Am I wrong? I actually stopped using OCO Trader and the Profit Target manager whatever it was called because I found it easier to just set the targets myself.

Mike

We're here to help: just ask the community or contact our Help Desk

Quick Links: Change your Username or Register as a Vendor
Searching for trading reviews? Review this list
Lifetime Elite Membership: Sign-up for only $149 USD
Exclusive money saving offers from our Site Sponsors: Browse Offers
Report problems with the site: Using the NexusFi changelog thread
Follow me on Twitter Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Started this thread
Thanked by:
 sysot1t 

Big Mike View Post
If you are with Velocity I am quite certain you can get the OCO plugin for free. Am I wrong? I actually stopped using OCO Trader and the Profit Target manager whatever it was called because I found it easier to just set the targets myself.

Mike

that is correct... OCO Trader Limited will apply whatever trade strategy you want to apply... including multi level... and it is included for free.. PS trader has similar functionality, but I see it more of use if you are trying to build a position and want to to do it over time.. like, if you wanted to buy 100 cars on 6E at a price range.. at least that is how I understood it.

MD Trader seems to have an OCO as well, but it is manual... so OCO Trader Ltd is automatic once you drag the instruments you want to trade and activate them... I was able to duplicate most, of the functionality that I had chased with the NT7 ATM, with the exception of of accelerating the trailing stop after X number of ticks.. if it has it, I have not figured it out yet...

I would have liked their time and sales to allow me to aggregate the trades taking place at a given price if at the bid or ask... I would have liked that feature.

Here is the link for the PDF explaining how it works..

https://customer.velocityfutures.com/download/OCO_Trader_Ltd_User_Manual.pdf

and here is the dl link

https://customer.velocityfutures.com/download/OCO_Trader_Install_v1.3.2.exe

sysot1t 

I have been getting up early, to build some discipline, and I started to trade at around 8AM EST 6E.. mainly because I believe it to be slow at that time and also because I wanted to continue to play with XTrader... the first 5 trades were all losers... but not because I got it wrong, but rather because I didnt know how to properly use the platform... specially OCO Trader Ltd... did you know that if you launch it more than once, all of them will take effect on your single DOM orders? yep... It drove me crazy and I could not figure out why the trades were not working or happening at odd places... gave up around 9AM since I was late for work.. closed my dom, ignore the messages.. and hopped on the car.

as it turns out, when I got to the office two things happened... I had clicked one time too many or one of the stops was still active when I closed it.. and, I came to find a nice(could have been really bad) surprise when I launched my workspace on XT... I had made a 2K profit.. now imagine if that had been a loss... an order had remained open... and contrary to some opinions, it seems as OCO orders via OCOltd are on the exchange, not your workstation.. not sure how it happened yet.

I was puzzled so I kept trading through out the day on my main market, TF... and I was up and down all day, again, learning a new platform.. but by following my setups and sticking to my plan I "made" money... I dont count the 6E wins... that could have been a loss just as well.. got lucky and trend was down..

anyhow, if you are going to use XT.. learn its limitations... I am yet to figure out how to have a strategy that will move me to BE+1 and then start trailing after x ticks... it will either trail from the start or not, which means you have to manually move your stops and that doesnt really work (it will cancel them instead).. I figure how to do with OCOtraderLtd... but you have to go back and reset it afterwards.. which is a no-no for me if I am interrupted and then forget and get back and enter a trade and get stopped out on 2-3 ticks..

so what can you learn from my "successfull" screw up... LEARN THE PLATFORM BEFORE TRADING WITH REAL CASH... luckily for me, I didnt trade with real cash this morning when I got up or else I would have lost my 3% in the first 30 mins of trading since I kept making errors with the platform.. and possibly even more if that $2K "winner" had been a loser and using real money... I wonder the velocity risk mgmt would have gotten me out of the trade if they saw a 10% loss for the day... hmmm.. who knows... anyhow... I am a bit proud that I was able to focus on the plan I formulated while I was driving to the office, even though there were some sweet shorting opportunities today and I was super tempted to just log out of TTSIM more than once and trade real funds.

so stick to your plan, and learn the platform... or risk losing the account for real... I will assume last week was merely luck as my target is only 4-5 ticks and I won the first trade... so I stopped trading within 5 mins... I am sure I would have had the same issues I did this morning given the first 2-3 were losers... and I kept trading since I had not lossed 3% yet..

anyhow, enough ranting.. and now, the P&L .. :P

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	tt.png
Views:	398
Size:	24.9 KB
ID:	25018  
 Michael.H 
CA

Experience: Master
Platform: Marketdelta and Ninja
Broker: Velocity
Trading: NQ
Thanks Given: 64
Thanks Received: 529

with futuresbroker.com, you can only talk to a broker if you need to get out of a position. If you have any other questions, you can't call to talk to anyone. Everything is done through email from then on. So if you need support, it has to be done through chat or email.

bathrobe View Post
futuresbroker.com is free and less ($4.26) I think they are a subsidiary of Velocity though.

Thanked by:

bathrobe 
Los Angeles

Trading: Energy
Thanks Given: 58
Thanks Received: 35

cunparis View Post
I just went to the futuresbroker.com site and I did the live chat and I ended up chatting with my Velocity rep! So I told her I was looking for another broker with Bund on sim. She wasn't amused.

Did your Velocity rep mention why they are 24 cents less if you use futuresbroker.com? Does one seem better than the other, for any reason other than commission?

cunparis 
Paris, France

Michael.H View Post
with futuresbroker.com, you can only talk to a broker if you need to get out of a position. If you have any other questions, you can't call to talk to anyone. Everything is done through email from then on. So if you need support, it has to be done through chat or email.

I will say though every time I've done an online chat with velocity or futuresbroker (same) I've gotten someone within seconds. And oddly enough it's been the same person. Not sure how they do that. If they're not busy or if they only have one person handling requests.

Follow me on Twitter

Closed Thread

Last Updated on July 24, 2011

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts