NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

Quantower

Discussion in Trading Reviews and Vendors

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one ZCars with 12 posts (14 thanks)
    2. looks_two kvokka with 7 posts (1 thanks)
    3. looks_3 Sant with 5 posts (2 thanks)
    4. looks_4 Antares66 with 4 posts (4 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one pereiraalex with 4 thanks per post
    2. looks_two Markus with 2 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 micron with 1.5 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 ZCars with 1.2 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 41,967 views
    2. thumb_up 60 thanks given
    3. group 41 followers
    1. forum 64 posts
    2. attach_file 8 attachments

Search this Thread

Quantower

kvokka
Braga Portugal

Thanks Given: 4
Thanks Received: 2

ZCars View Post
I don't have IB connected, but may do in the future. I would suggest contacting Alex Bogdan, you can find him on skype. He's the main developer and a very helpful chap.

How do ytou find IQ Feed, fast accurate? Do you have depth?

I'll post some screen shots of dxFeed's depth/ volume when the markets open.

Thank you for the contact, but i found a few dozens of guys with such name in skype. Can you please share his skype login?

I'm in the process of long chat with Quantower support in telegram, and i sent a few found bugs in there, but still do not have any idea about any progress. I already asked about direct chat with developers, but idk how it'll be.

At the moment i'm very jealous to futures traders cos it looks like Quantower has a decent support of them. But with stocks (and with IB) it needs some love, cos atm it's hardly usable.

Atm because of broken symbol mapping will have to leave DOM surface & DOM with IQFeed and the charts on IB's level1 (which is laggy & slow, but for charts it's tolerable. the downside is that i'll not be able to use DOM ladder for trading)

I can not give u any comments about IQFeed yet, cos i activated it just on the weekend, but can share the screenshots here (and i feel that it'll be better than IB's L2, cos everything is better than it)

PS: dxfeed provides only NASDAQ totalview and idk about NYSE & NYSE ARCA books. With this chunks you can feel that markets contain way more aisbergs than they really do.

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
Trade idea based off three indicators.
Traders Hideout
Increase in trading performance by 75%
The Elite Circle
Better Renko Gaps
The Elite Circle
ZombieSqueeze
Platforms and Indicators
Exit Strategy
NinjaTrader

Best Threads (Most Thanked)
in the last 7 days on NexusFi
Just another trading journal: PA, Wyckoff & Trends
28 thanks
Tao te Trade: way of the WLD
24 thanks
Diary of a simple price action trader
21 thanks
My NQ Trading Journal
14 thanks
GFIs1 1 DAX trade per day journal
9 thanks
 cordoba 
Dubai, UAE

Experience: Intermediate
Platform: Quantower
Trading: Futures Spreads and Options on Futures
Thanks Given: 14
Thanks Received: 62

ZCars View Post
Well, you could say that Bookmap cloned Jigsaw depth viewer in that case, Mike. Every good idea gets copied eventually. I agree Bookmap is a good bit of kit but most traders I've spoken to think its becoming way overpriced. And Quantower offers very good value as it does much more than Bookmap.

Perhaps Mike could clarify the intention of his original post. I am not aware of Bookmap having a valid patent on the book depth visualization concept. If they have such then I would anticipate that they would defend their intellectual property against any competitor that infringes upon the patent - seeking either damages or a licensing deal for the technology. (Such would follow the model TT used in defending the patent on the static DOM).

I would echo ZCars's sentiment - Quantower has proven to be very good value.

ZCars 
Birmingham/UK

Experience: Advanced
Platform: Tradestation/Prorealtime
Broker: Tradestation/Interactive Brokers
Trading: Mini and micro US Indexes/ DAX/ FX/VIX/GOLD
Thanks Given: 53
Thanks Received: 164

kvokka View Post
Thank you for the contact, but i found a few dozens of guys with such name in skype. Can you please share his skype login?

I'm in the process of long chat with Quantower support in telegram, and i sent a few found bugs in there, but still do not have any idea about any progress. I already asked about direct chat with developers, but idk how it'll be.

At the moment i'm very jealous to futures traders cos it looks like Quantower has a decent support of them. But with stocks (and with IB) it needs some love, cos atm it's hardly usable.

Atm because of broken symbol mapping will have to leave DOM surface & DOM with IQFeed and the charts on IB's level1 (which is laggy & slow, but for charts it's tolerable. the downside is that i'll not be able to use DOM ladder for trading)

I can not give u any comments about IQFeed yet, cos i activated it just on the weekend, but can share the screenshots here (and i feel that it'll be better than IB's L2, cos everything is better than it)

PS: dxfeed provides only NASDAQ totalview and idk about NYSE & NYSE ARCA books. With this chunks you can feel that markets contain way more aisbergs than they really do.

If you're communicating via telegram, then you could ask for a skype call? Maybe better this way.

I wouldn't be too jealous of futures traders, most of them lose far too much money. The leverage is a killer.

dxFeed tell me they are going to release full US aggregated stock data for Quantower soon. But I believe this will be top of book only for now. Bookmap 'resell' their dxFeed, B2B2C, sort of thing. It's not a direct connection.

I think there are going to be bugs along the way with Quantower. When you think of the level of complexity in having all those data and broker connections simultaneously, it's innevitable. Nevertheless it's a stable platform.

ZCars 
Birmingham/UK

cordoba View Post
Perhaps Mike could clarify the intention of his original post. I am not aware of Bookmap having a valid patent on the book depth visualization concept. If they have such then I would anticipate that they would defend their intellectual property against any competitor that infringes upon the patent - seeking either damages or a licensing deal for the technology. (Such would follow the model TT used in defending the patent on the static DOM).

I would echo ZCars's sentiment - Quantower has proven to be very good value.

It's huge business, isn't it. Pandering to the retail crowd, selling that elusive edge. But healthy economies are based on fair competition, and not protectionism. Too many platfrom sellers out there squeeze the most they can from the retail fraternity. I've tried them all on my 'journey', and finding one that offers basic functionality, with multiple brokerage connections that do not cost me a monthly subscription, a great choice of connections and additional analysis packages if I need them. That doesn't hog my pc resources...well all for a few dollars a month. A fair price for the small guy.

Big Mike 
Manta, Ecuador
Site Administrator
Developer
Swing Trader

Platform: Custom solution
Broker: IBKR
Trading: Stocks & Futures
Frequency: Every few days
Duration: Weeks
Thanks Given: 33,207
Thanks Received: 101,599

Just an observation from a distance. I don't use either and haven't, but they looked like one copied the other.

Not implying wrongdoing.

Educate me please, is Quantower for backtesting or for real time charting?

Sent using the NexusFi mobile app

We're here to help: just ask the community or contact our Help Desk

Quick Links: Change your Username or Register as a Vendor
Searching for trading reviews? Review this list
Lifetime Elite Membership: Sign-up for only $149 USD
Exclusive money saving offers from our Site Sponsors: Browse Offers
Report problems with the site: Using the NexusFi changelog thread
Follow me on Twitter Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Reply With Quote
Thanked by:

ZCars 
Birmingham/UK

Big Mike View Post
Just an observation from a distance. I don't use either and haven't, but they looked like one copied the other.

Not implying wrongdoing.

Educate me please, is Quantower for backtesting or for real time charting?

Sent using the NexusFi mobile app

Indeed it does:

https://quantower.com.br/blog/quantower-algo-extension-api-documentation-and-strategy-runner-panel

kvokka
Braga Portugal

ZCars View Post
If you're communicating via telegram, then you could ask for a skype call? Maybe better this way.

I wouldn't be too jealous of futures traders, most of them lose far too much money. The leverage is a killer.

dxFeed tell me they are going to release full US aggregated stock data for Quantower soon. But I believe this will be top of book only for now. Bookmap 'resell' their dxFeed, B2B2C, sort of thing. It's not a direct connection.

I think there are going to be bugs along the way with Quantower. When you think of the level of complexity in having all those data and broker connections simultaneously, it's innevitable. Nevertheless it's a stable platform.

I'll not able to share the pics with IQFeed with u today - it's a bank holiday in the US, so the stock exchanges are closed, but i remember about it and will do it tomorrow.

Also, in the protection of bookmap can say that id does not looks like they passing through their infrastructure the market data, so it is just a forwarding. The same thing with Quantower.

The much more important concern is luck of the ability to select ECN, so you will miss ECN rebates and will be locked to SMART routing (and only default SMART, cos there are a dozen of them). It's not a huge deal if u trade expensive stocks or low volume, otherwise it might seriously affect your PnL

Quantower is not ideal and have a plenty amount of bugs. But the most part of them are minor and it should be easy to fix.

I already established direct contact with dev team (which include Alex but not limited to), so hope that the things will go faster. From my end i'm willing to help with polishing IB connection, cos actually this is the most promising thing on the market atm.

And by the way, they have the best market surface (even better than bookmap, which is limited to only this feature), so at least i will use this feature from them. But i hope to transition to them completely after a few fixes.

Antares66
Berlin+Germany

Thanks Given: 8
Thanks Received: 41

ZCars View Post
I don't have IB connected, but may do in the future. I would suggest contacting Alex Bogdan, you can find him on skype. He's the main developer and a very helpful chap.

How do ytou find IQ Feed, fast accurate? Do you have depth?

I'll post some screen shots of dxFeed's depth/ volume when the markets open.

@ZCars. Would like to know if you find market depth usefull for trading. Do you need depth for imprint charts?
How did you pay for your lifetime edition? QT offers not common payment options, only "wayforpay" what i don´t know.
I asked for a wire transfer but didn´t get QT´s account informations yet.

Antares66
Berlin+Germany

Thanks Given: 8
Thanks Received: 41

kvokka View Post
I'll not able to share the pics with IQFeed with u today - it's a bank holiday in the US, so the stock exchanges are closed, but i remember about it and will do it tomorrow.

I ám wondering that there are ticket issues using iq´s datafeed. Could you be more spercific?

kvokka
Braga Portugal

Antares66 View Post
I ám wondering that there are ticket issues using iq´s datafeed. Could you be more spercific?

It's not about IQfeed, it's more about symbol mapping between IB and something else. If u are using IB for market data provider then you will not face it.
Anyway, for me it's the case and i got in touch with the support, so hope this will be fixed soon

Last Updated on February 12, 2024

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts