NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

Quantower

Discussion in Trading Reviews and Vendors

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one ZCars with 12 posts (14 thanks)
    2. looks_two kvokka with 7 posts (1 thanks)
    3. looks_3 Sant with 5 posts (2 thanks)
    4. looks_4 Antares66 with 4 posts (4 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one pereiraalex with 4 thanks per post
    2. looks_two Markus with 2 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 micron with 1.5 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 ZCars with 1.2 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 42,011 views
    2. thumb_up 60 thanks given
    3. group 41 followers
    1. forum 64 posts
    2. attach_file 8 attachments

Search this Thread

Quantower

kvokka
Braga Portugal

Thanks Given: 4
Thanks Received: 2

zeyes View Post
Downloaded QT to have a look. Everything looks rather small on a laptop and the fonts don't look as sharp. Don't have this issue with other charting platforms. How are you guys resolving the visual sharpness of this? Or is everyone using quantower on 32 inch monitors?

I have a 55" mon, so it is hard to go though it. the only way was to change windows interface scale to 100%

And, by the way, the QT support just ignored me about this (and not only) question.

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
Increase in trading performance by 75%
The Elite Circle
MC PL editor upgrade
MultiCharts
Better Renko Gaps
The Elite Circle
Trade idea based off three indicators.
Traders Hideout
Exit Strategy
NinjaTrader

Best Threads (Most Thanked)
in the last 7 days on NexusFi
Just another trading journal: PA, Wyckoff & Trends
34 thanks
Tao te Trade: way of the WLD
24 thanks
GFIs1 1 DAX trade per day journal
17 thanks
Vinny E-Mini & Algobox Review TRADE ROOM
13 thanks
My NQ Trading Journal
12 thanks

ZCars 
Birmingham/UK

Experience: Advanced
Platform: Tradestation/Prorealtime
Broker: Tradestation/Interactive Brokers
Trading: Mini and micro US Indexes/ DAX/ FX/VIX/GOLD
Thanks Given: 53
Thanks Received: 164

Have been using Quantower for a couple of months. Impressed with the functionality for the price. I discovered a bug last week and the guys in Ukraine spent most of the day on Friday sorting it out for me. It's a young and ambitious enterprise and the developers who are running it are talented. They are also straight and people shouldn't worry that it's Ukraine based, in my opinion. I lived and worked there several years ago and while elements of the government are so bent they couldn't lie straight in bed, the people are great.

It's a damn sight cheaper than Bookmap and offers much the same. In fact the free version is fine if you need a plug in for your Rithmic feed, for example. If you have any questions feel free to ask.
Quantower snapshot

Antares66
Berlin+Germany

Thanks Given: 8
Thanks Received: 41

ZCars View Post
Have been using Quantower for a couple of months. Impressed with the functionality for the price. I discovered a bug last week and the guys in Ukraine spent most of the day on Friday sorting it out for me. It's a young and ambitious enterprise and the developers who are running it are talented. They are also straight and people shouldn't worry that it's Ukraine based, in my opinion. I lived and worked there several years ago and while elements of the government are so bent they couldn't lie straight in bed, the people are great.
It's a damn sight cheaper than Bookmap and offers much the same. In fact the free version is fine if you need a plug in for your Rithmic feed, for example. If you have any questions feel free to ask.
Quantower snapshot

I was testing the free version and was also very impressed. I intend to buy the lifetime edition and will subscribe dxfeed´s future data for 19 € (CME Top of Book). It´s rather cheaper than barchart or Iq.
Currently i´m using IB´s datafeed but it´s not tick based. Do you use Market Deph? I also have the motivewave order flow edition but can´t manage it´s template structure. So confusing for me.
And you must subscribe to barchart or iq to get tick data.

Thanked by:

ZCars 
Birmingham/UK

Antares66 View Post
I was testing the free version and was also very impressed. I intend to buy the lifetime edition and will subscribe dxfeed´s future data for 19 € (CME Top of Book). It´s rather cheaper than barchart or Iq.
Currently i´m using IB´s datafeed but it´s not tick based. Do you use Market Deph? I also have the motivewave order flow edition but can´t manage it´s template structure. So confusing for me.
And you must subscribe to barchart or iq to get tick data.

Hi. I'm not familiar with Motive Wave, although I tried the demo but couldn't get on with it. Have you tried Trading View? I couldn't do without it these days. And it's cheap. But Quantower is proving its worth for my volume and depth analysis, the detailed picture, and Trading View for the bigger picture. Also TV is cloud based so doesn't hog your resources.

I have dxFeed nasdaq Total View along with Rithmic plugged into Quantower. It's running very smoothly.

Thanked by:
Antares66
Berlin+Germany

Thanks Given: 8
Thanks Received: 41

ZCars View Post
Hi. I'm not familiar with Motive Wave, although I tried the demo but couldn't get on with it. Have you tried Trading View? I couldn't do without it these days. And it's cheap. But Quantower is proving its worth for my volume and depth analysis, the detailed picture, and Trading View for the bigger picture. Also TV is cloud based so doesn't hog your resources.

I have dxFeed nasdaq Total View along with Rithmic plugged into Quantower. It's running very smoothly.

I´m also a TV subscriber but only for stocks not for future data. The reason is i can´t connect TV to IB so i would have to use QT or TWS for order entry. I prefer an all in one platform. TV´s charting is nice but i noticed some delays during very busy market times. Sometimes the charts couldn´t load immadiately. Because of this i prefer not a web based platform. The dxfeed for stocks contains only NASDAQ data but none for NYSE and AMEX. Quotemedia offers Level 1 quotes for all three exchanges for 33 $. Maybe an alternative.
Is it possible to connect dxfeed, quotemedia and IB simultaneously?

Thanked by:

ZCars 
Birmingham/UK

Antares66 View Post
I´m also a TV subscriber but only for stocks not for future data. The reason is i can´t connect TV to IB so i would have to use QT or TWS for order entry. I prefer an all in one platform. TV´s charting is nice but i noticed some delays during very busy market times. Sometimes the charts couldn´t load immadiately. Because of this i prefer not a web based platform. The dxfeed for stocks contains only NASDAQ data but none for NYSE and AMEX. Quotemedia offers Level 1 quotes for all three exchanges for 33 $. Maybe an alternative.
Is it possible to connect dxfeed, quotemedia and IB simultaneously?

Yes, it is possible. You can also aggregate the data, create synthetic products etc. I agree about Trading View, but it's great for general charting.

Thanked by:

Big Mike 
Manta, Ecuador
Site Administrator
Developer
Swing Trader

Platform: Custom solution
Broker: IBKR
Trading: Stocks & Futures
Frequency: Every few days
Duration: Weeks
Thanks Given: 33,212
Thanks Received: 101,599

Wow, that looks like a Bookmap clone. I want to remind everyone that Bookmap is a site sponsor, and they've been good to our community. I also believe they should be rewarded for having the original idea to visualize data and group data in this way with a client side chart package.

Mike

We're here to help: just ask the community or contact our Help Desk

Quick Links: Change your Username or Register as a Vendor
Searching for trading reviews? Review this list
Lifetime Elite Membership: Sign-up for only $149 USD
Exclusive money saving offers from our Site Sponsors: Browse Offers
Report problems with the site: Using the NexusFi changelog thread
Follow me on Twitter Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Reply With Quote
Thanked by:
kvokka
Braga Portugal

Thanks Given: 4
Thanks Received: 2

I'm trying to assemble Quantower for trading stocks using InteractiveBrokers as a broker and IQFeed as a data provider. The thing is, that if i connect only IB's market data everything works as expected, but with IQFeed I also need symbol mapping, which i tried to run automatically (without success), then I wrote a script which should help to generate proper config file, which looks right, but also does not work.

Can you please share your experience of IB usage on Quantower. Feel like I'm doing something wrong but can not get what exactly.

By the way, this script might be useful for somebody, so i made it open, see https://github.com/kvokka/quantower_mappings

Thanked by:

ZCars 
Birmingham/UK

Big Mike View Post
Wow, that looks like a Bookmap clone. I want to remind everyone that Bookmap is a site sponsor, and they've been good to our community. I also believe they should be rewarded for having the original idea to visualize data and group data in this way with a client side chart package.

Mike

Well, you could say that Bookmap cloned Jigsaw depth viewer in that case, Mike. Every good idea gets copied eventually. I agree Bookmap is a good bit of kit but most traders I've spoken to think its becoming way overpriced. And Quantower offers very good value as it does much more than Bookmap.

Thanked by:

ZCars 
Birmingham/UK

kvokka View Post
I'm trying to assemble Quantower for trading stocks using InteractiveBrokers as a broker and IQFeed as a data provider. The thing is, that if i connect only IB's market data everything works as expected, but with IQFeed I also need symbol mapping, which i tried to run automatically (without success), then I wrote a script which should help to generate proper config file, which looks right, but also does not work.

Can you please share your experience of IB usage on Quantower. Feel like I'm doing something wrong but can not get what exactly.

By the way, this script might be useful for somebody, so i made it open, see https://github.com/kvokka/quantower_mappings

I don't have IB connected, but may do in the future. I would suggest contacting Alex Bogdan, you can find him on skype. He's the main developer and a very helpful chap.

How do ytou find IQ Feed, fast accurate? Do you have depth?

I'll post some screen shots of dxFeed's depth/ volume when the markets open.

Thanked by:

Last Updated on February 12, 2024

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts