NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

Optimus Futures trading broker review

Discussion in Brokers

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one mattz with 213 posts (303 thanks)
    2. looks_two Big Mike with 20 posts (27 thanks)
    3. looks_3 lancelottrader with 18 posts (66 thanks)
    4. looks_4 paulg with 14 posts (2 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one lancelottrader with 3.7 thanks per post
    2. looks_two Daytrader999 with 2.2 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 mattz with 1.4 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 Big Mike with 1.4 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 303,695 views
    2. thumb_up 983 thanks given
    3. group 162 followers
    1. forum 668 posts
    2. attach_file 14 attachments

Search this Thread

Optimus Futures trading broker review

papa15 
Wake Forest, NC

Experience: Intermediate
Platform: Sierra Charts, Investor RT, Ninja Trader
Broker: VanKar
Trading: NQ
Thanks Given: 583
Thanks Received: 1,248

I have been with Optimus for about 6 months and I must tell you the level of service has not dropped off....lots of places wow you when you first show interest but once signed up they seem to disappear.....have not had any of that with Optimus.

Matt has continued to provide SC to me, which allows me to use Ubuntu. I also am able to run NinjaTrader in parallel. That paid huge dividends last week when my NT computer rebooted out of the blue.

If you are even remotely thinking of switching brokers, do yourself a favor and consider Optimus...

My focus is on:
1. Avoid the opening chop.
2. Honor stops
3. Ensure reward > risk on all trades
Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Reply With Quote
Thanked by:

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
NT7 Indicator Script Troubleshooting - Camarilla Pivots
NinjaTrader
Are there any eval firms that allow you to sink to your …
Traders Hideout
ZombieSqueeze
Platforms and Indicators
Ninja Mobile Trader VPS (ninjamobiletrader.com)
Trading Reviews and Vendors
Online prop firm The Funded Trader (TFT) going under?
Traders Hideout

Best Threads (Most Thanked)
in the last 7 days on NexusFi
Get funded firms 2023/2024 - Any recommendations or word …
59 thanks
Funded Trader platforms
37 thanks
NexusFi site changelog and issues/problem reporting
24 thanks
GFIs1 1 DAX trade per day journal
22 thanks
The Program
19 thanks

Big Mike 
Manta, Ecuador
Site Administrator
Developer
Swing Trader

Experience: Advanced
Platform: Custom solution
Broker: IBKR
Trading: Stocks & Futures
Frequency: Every few days
Duration: Weeks
Thanks Given: 33,175
Thanks Received: 101,539

papa15 View Post
I have been with Optimus for about 6 months and I must tell you the level of service has not dropped off....lots of places wow you when you first show interest but once signed up they seem to disappear.....have not had any of that with Optimus.

Matt has continued to provide SC to me, which allows me to use Ubuntu. I also am able to run NinjaTrader in parallel. That paid huge dividends last week when my NT computer rebooted out of the blue.

If you are even remotely thinking of switching brokers, do yourself a favor and consider Optimus...

Glad you've found a broker you like! Thanks for the review.

Mike

We're here to help: just ask the community or contact our Help Desk

Quick Links: Change your Username or Register as a Vendor
Searching for trading reviews? Review this list
Lifetime Elite Membership: Sign-up for only $149 USD
Exclusive money saving offers from our Site Sponsors: Browse Offers
Report problems with the site: Using the NexusFi changelog thread
Follow me on Twitter Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Reply With Quote

papa15 
Wake Forest, NC

Platform: Sierra Charts, Investor RT, Ninja Trader
Broker: VanKar
Thanks Given: 583
Thanks Received: 1,248

Folks
I just wanted to share a recent experience I had with Matt. Last week he emailed me out of the blue and asked what my commission on futures was. I told him and he lowered the rate by 20 cents per round turn. I want to stress I did not contact him and I am not a large volume trader by any stretch of the imagination. I am the prototypical small retail trader that can easily get lost in the crowd. I was absolutely floored that he did this, but I have to tell you it is not the first time....it is the third time in 7 months. I originally switched to Optimus from TOS with a promise of $5 round turn. Before the account was funded, Matt lowered the commission to $4.75. Later in the spring, it was lowered out of the blue and then last week came the third time......

For full disclosure, I have not been asked to make this post....I am doing it purely out of gratitude for a broker that has looked out for the small guy.....

My focus is on:
1. Avoid the opening chop.
2. Honor stops
3. Ensure reward > risk on all trades
 Babool 
Detroit, MI

Experience: Master
Platform: Sierra Chart
Trading: NQ, CL, ES, GC
Thanks Given: 17
Thanks Received: 125

Just wanted to give two thumbs up to Matt and Jennifer at Optimus. I just opened an account with them and it was an easy stress free experience. I closed out an account at tradetation after the glowing reviews of Optimus I have heard on this forum. Took only 2 days to get my account opened and funds transferred over. Vision Financial Markets is the FCM that Optimus uses and their web portal is first class all the way. Looking forward to doing business with Optimus. Very impressed so far.

lancelottrader 
west palm beach florida usa
Market Wizard

Platform: ninja trader
Broker: Optimus Futures/ Rithmic
Thanks Given: 1,113
Thanks Received: 5,386

I have only been with Optimus for about a month, but so far I'm very impressed. I have traded Forex for many years and I traded Futures with MB Trading..but the service I have received from Optimus is definitely on another level. First of all, opening the account was a very fast and simple process. Then about two weeks ago, I sent Matt an e-mail asking a few questions about using the R trader to monitor my trades on Ninja (in the event of a disconnection....OCO orders on Ninja won't function). He called me back..explained how to accomplish that and spent over an hour on the phone with me. After stating my goals and trading objectives to him..he gave me some great advice and suggestions...We talked about daytrading, automated strategies and even possibly in the future..a managed account. I have never had another broker spend that kind of time with me and show that kind of concern for my success. Today, I wrote Ninja a support question and they spoke to Matt..He called me a few minutes later and showed me some ways to reduce slippage by placing limit orders on the bid/ask buttons of Ninja's Chart Trader. Also, Chad and Jennifer are two other individuals at Optimus that have been very helpful and have been extremely prompt in returning a call or answering an e-mail. So again..I've only been with them a month..but so far..so good.

Thanked by:
 Family Trader 
Palm Beach County

Platform: OEC about to change to Ninja
Trading: ES ,EUR/USD
Thanks Given: 66
Thanks Received: 90

lancelottrader View Post
I have only been with Optimus for about a month, but so far I'm very impressed. I have traded Forex for many years and I traded Futures with MB Trading..but the service I have received from Optimus is definitely on another level. First of all, opening the account was a very fast and simple process. Then about two weeks ago, I sent Matt an e-mail asking a few questions about using the R trader to monitor my trades on Ninja (in the event of a disconnection....OCO orders on Ninja won't function). He called me back..explained how to accomplish that and spent over an hour on the phone with me. After stating my goals and trading objectives to him..he gave me some great advice and suggestions...We talked about daytrading, automated strategies and even possibly in the future..a managed account. I have never had another broker spend that kind of time with me and show that kind of concern for my success. Today, I wrote Ninja a support question and they spoke to Matt..He called me a few minutes later and showed me some ways to reduce slippage by placing limit orders on the bid/ask buttons of Ninja's Chart Trader. Also, Chad and Jennifer are two other individuals at Optimus that have been very helpful and have been extremely prompt in returning a call or answering an e-mail. So again..I've only been with them a month..but so far..so good.

I ,personally, do not have an account with Optimus,but I feel after talking to Matt,Matt is the real deal and seems to be able to back up what he says.

I feel I could trust the guy , even if his office on the beach.

lancelottrader 
west palm beach florida usa
Market Wizard

Platform: ninja trader
Broker: Optimus Futures/ Rithmic
Thanks Given: 1,113
Thanks Received: 5,386

Just some follow up from a few weeks back. I am pleased to report I am still getting great personalized service at Optimus Futures. My e-mails are answered very promptly and any concerns I have are immediately addressed. Also, since I trade fast moving instruments like CL, I am extremely happy to see my orders being executed immediately..even in times of great volatility. Today, for example I traded CL only moments after the Crude Oil Inventory report came out. I got in immediately..no slippage..nothing. So along with the great support, the Platform and execution are excellent as well.

darcy13
sydney australia

Thanks Given: 0
Thanks Received: 9

I would just like everyone to know that I have been in touch with Matt from Optimus about a new broker after the MF debacle, and I must say his attitude to a small australian trader was some what of a surprise , he was genuinely helpful with any information that he could pass onto me , and I was also taken back with the speed of response to emails , I must have been emailing at 10 at night and I was getting answers to my questions . now that for me is service , I certainly will be using optimus when I start trading the ES and CL that's for sure , thanks Matt !

stuart

Thanked by:
nmojo
London, UK

Thanks Received: 0

Hi Matt,
I have funds tied with MFG and am meanwhile looking to open another futures account. I trade mostly ES and the FTSE 100 (Z via LIFFE UK) - can you PM me your details and we can have a chat?
I've sent an info request on your website also.

Thanks
NM

zack8078 
New Haven, CT

Platform: R-Trader
Trading: ES
Thanks Received: 0

Hi Matt,

I'm new to Optimus and have a quick question for you. I'm using RTrader and I'm wondering if the account value shown is your actual current balance including commissions. Thanks in advance.

Last Updated on February 22, 2022

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts