NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

Optimus Futures trading broker review

Discussion in Brokers

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one mattz with 213 posts (303 thanks)
    2. looks_two Big Mike with 20 posts (27 thanks)
    3. looks_3 lancelottrader with 18 posts (66 thanks)
    4. looks_4 paulg with 14 posts (2 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one lancelottrader with 3.7 thanks per post
    2. looks_two Daytrader999 with 2.2 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 mattz with 1.4 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 Big Mike with 1.4 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 303,695 views
    2. thumb_up 983 thanks given
    3. group 162 followers
    1. forum 668 posts
    2. attach_file 14 attachments

Optimus Futures trading broker review

cordoba 
Dubai, UAE

Experience: Intermediate
Platform: Quantower
Trading: Futures Spreads and Options on Futures
Thanks Given: 14
Thanks Received: 62

NoWick View Post
I've tested a ton of platforms and Optimus Flow is by far my favorite. It's slick and modern looking, intuitive, easy to use, has tons of functionality if you need those layers of complexity, and not once in the many hours I tested it did it freeze during a trade. Solid as a rock and fast....So yeah, this Optimus Flow is a huge deciding factor for me and from what I can tell it is being upgraded at a regular clip by an in-house guy who really knows what he's doing.

I would wholly agree with you that the platform is very good indeed - the best I've used to date. However, Optimus Flow isn't an in-house product. It is a rebranding of the Quantower platform (https://www.quantower.com/). Aside from its functional capability, its interface sophistication and its robustness, another huge advantage of the platform, in its original manifestation, is that it is genuinely multi-asset, multi-broker and multi-data feed, with additional connections being added frequently. That said, I recently asked Jake at Optimus and I was told that it isn't currently possible to use an existing Quantower lifetime license when trading via them.

By way of comparison, here is the Optimus pricing page for their version of the product:
https://optimusfutures.com/OptimusFlow.php

Here is Quantower's pricing page:
https://www.quantower.com/pricing

As can be seen, the Optimus "Professional" offering is seemingly comparable to the Quantower Multi-Asset package, with the exception that Optimus bundles the TPO (market profile) chart in their offering, while with Quantower it is necessary to upgrade to the All-in-One package to get access to that (https://help.quantower.com/getting-started/license-comparison).

Taking these two versions of the product as being broadly comparable, the respective platform pricing, on a month-by-month basis is currently advertised as being:

$25 at Optimus
$50 at Quantower

So obviously Optimus offers the better deal on the platform but to have an informed view of the impact on your overall trading costs and utility, you need to keep in mind a) commissions and b) the lack of multi-broker/multi-asset capabilities.

The "Day Trader" version of Optimus Flow is shown as being free (for funded accounts) - which also true of the basic offering from Quantower (which doesn't require a funded account). The free Quantower product is a good way to get acquainted with the product and it does allow one live connection to a supported brokerage, of which there are many (https://www.quantower.com/connections) but it lacks the volume profile, market profile and footprint capabilities of the paid platform. It also has other restrictions, such as the number of indicators allowed on the chart, the types of charts available etc.. However, you are still able to get a good sense from the free version whether it might be right for you.

I have found the team at Quantower to be very professional and they are clearly raising the bar on modern platform development.

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
Futures True Range Report
The Elite Circle
NT7 Indicator Script Troubleshooting - Camarilla Pivots
NinjaTrader
NexusFi Journal Challenge - April 2024
Feedback and Announcements
New Micros: Ultra 10-Year & Ultra T-Bond -- Live Now
Treasury Notes and Bonds
ZombieSqueeze
Platforms and Indicators

Best Threads (Most Thanked)
in the last 7 days on NexusFi
Get funded firms 2023/2024 - Any recommendations or word …
61 thanks
Funded Trader platforms
38 thanks
NexusFi site changelog and issues/problem reporting
26 thanks
GFIs1 1 DAX trade per day journal
19 thanks
The Program
18 thanks

mattz   is a Vendor

Thanks Given: 2,440
Thanks Received: 3,789

@cordoba, thank you for your length comments. However, I want to make a few things very clear about where we stand with QT and Optimus Flow.

One, if you have QT, we would be happy to connect your platform. I am not sure what discussions you had with Jake, but we would be more than glad to help you. I am sure that something was taken out of context because he is very knowledgable. Second, our free version is not the same as QT. We have added our unique and proprietary features and will continue to do so. Our goal is to provide things for free for those who need a good and reliable platform for execution.

We have priced our Order Flow lower, but we will let QT take the lead on that. Again, my goal is to add features for order management and risk management while borrowing the ideas from successful traders of all asset classes. We are putting our own resources into it and not just acquiring it and renaming it. As I stated above, we will add features that are important for the trader's execution and risk regardless of the methodology.

Lastly, Optimus Flow is connected to Rithmic. While some choose to walk away from it, I like working with the Rithmic team and have created good ties over the years. They have significant low-latency that you can measure, and they still have the MBO data that so many traders are seeking along with accurate tick data.

Thank you,
Matt Z
Optimus Futures

There is a substantial risk of loss in futures trading. Past performance is not indicative of future results.

Trading futures and options involves substantial risk of loss and is not suitable for all investors. Past performance is not necessarily indicative of future results. You may lose more than your initial investment. All posts are opinions and do not claim to be facts. Please conduct your own due diligence. Use only Risk capital when trading Futures.
1 800 771 6748 local 561 367 8686 email [email protected]

Peter Ductor 
Philadelphia, PA

Experience: Beginner
Platform: Metatrader 4, NinjaTrader
Broker: Oanda, Forex.com
Trading: OTC Forex, Learning Futures
Thanks Given: 287
Thanks Received: 2

Hello Matt,
Since Friday 9/25/2020 about 8 am, my emails to [email protected] and [email protected] are being "Rejected by Office 365." I use Gmail and can send email to other folks. I will call the 800 number tomorrow during business hours.
I would like to talk/email with you about opening an account.
Thank You,
Peter

Here is some info if it helps.
Error Details
Reported error: 550 5.7.367 Remote server returned not permitted to relay -> 554 5.7.1
<[email protected]>: Relay access denied
DSN generated by: BYAPR05MB5879.namprd05.prod.outlook.com
Remote server: mx1-us1.ppe-hosted.com

mattz   is a Vendor

Thanks Given: 2,440
Thanks Received: 3,789

Peter Ductor View Post
Hello Matt,
Since Friday 9/25/2020 about 8 am, my emails to [email protected] and [email protected] are being "Rejected by Office 365." I use Gmail and can send email to other folks. I will call the 800 number tomorrow during business hours.
I would like to talk/email with you about opening an account.
Thank You,
Peter

Here is some info if it helps.
Error Details
Reported error: 550 5.7.367 Remote server returned not permitted to relay -> 554 5.7.1
<[email protected]>: Relay access denied
DSN generated by: BYAPR05MB5879.namprd05.prod.outlook.com
Remote server: mx1-us1.ppe-hosted.com

We apologize for the problems you are having. We use a sophisticated filter system against hacks, viruses, etc.
We will investigate your particular case and correct accordingly.

You are more than welcome to call and we will assist you with your account inquiry.

Thank you,
Matt Z
Optimus Futures

Trading futures and options involves substantial risk of loss and is not suitable for all investors. Past performance is not necessarily indicative of future results. You may lose more than your initial investment. All posts are opinions and do not claim to be facts. Please conduct your own due diligence. Use only Risk capital when trading Futures.
1 800 771 6748 local 561 367 8686 email [email protected]
Thanked by:

Peter Ductor 
Philadelphia, PA

Platform: Metatrader 4, NinjaTrader
Broker: Oanda, Forex.com
Trading: OTC Forex, Learning Futures
Thanks Given: 287
Thanks Received: 2

Will call today.
Thank You Matt!
Peter

Thanked by:

UpTik 
Lansing Michigan/USA

Platform: NinjaTrader
Trading: NQ, ES, YM
Thanks Given: 18
Thanks Received: 13

Hello traders.
I’m about to relate a personal experience while shopping for a futures broker. But I’d like to preface it with this somewhat contrived analogy.

Imagine walking into the local Chevy dealer, your mind made up that you’d be leaving with a new Camaro. After a short test spin, you sit down with the salesman to hammer out the details. You tell him how much you love the car, but you wish it came in midnight blue metallic. You also lament that you prefer white leather, rather than the Camaro’s beige. You continue to list other options the Camaro lacks, when the salesman finally cuts you off and says …"I think what you really want is a Ford Mustang. You can get one exactly like you described. Good luck and have a nice day."

That’s pretty much what happened during a phone conversation I had with Matt Zimberg of Optimus Futures. When I described to Matt my specific needs with respect to platform, data provider, FCM and IB, he said… I think your needs will be better served by (Company X). In other words, Matt realized what I really wanted was a Mustang. But more importantly, he was honest enough to tell me.

I’m happy to report that after further discussion, Matt suggested an alternative that enabled me to put all the pieces together. I’d also like to thank Jake Montag at Optimus for his patience when answering my numerous questions.

I highly endorse Optimus Futures and I’ll finish with the usual disclosures: No, I am not related to Matt, Jake or anyone else at Optimus Futures, nor was I compensated in any way for this recommendation.

Best of luck to all!
UpTik

lancelottrader 
west palm beach florida usa
Market Wizard

Experience: Advanced
Platform: ninja trader
Broker: Optimus Futures/ Rithmic
Trading: NQ
Thanks Given: 1,113
Thanks Received: 5,386

UpTik View Post
Hello traders.
I’m about to relate a personal experience while shopping for a futures broker. But I’d like to preface it with this somewhat contrived analogy.

Imagine walking into the local Chevy dealer, your mind made up that you’d be leaving with a new Camaro. After a short test spin, you sit down with the salesman to hammer out the details. You tell him how much you love the car, but you wish it came in midnight blue metallic. You also lament that you prefer white leather, rather than the Camaro’s beige. You continue to list other options the Camaro lacks, when the salesman finally cuts you off and says …"I think what you really want is a Ford Mustang. You can get one exactly like you described. Good luck and have a nice day."

That’s pretty much what happened during a phone conversation I had with Matt Zimberg of Optimus Futures. When I described to Matt my specific needs with respect to platform, data provider, FCM and IB, he said… I think your needs will be better served by (Company X). In other words, Matt realized what I really wanted was a Mustang. But more importantly, he was honest enough to tell me.

I’m happy to report that after further discussion, Matt suggested an alternative that enabled me to put all the pieces together. I’d also like to thank Jake Montag at Optimus for his patience when answering my numerous questions.

I highly endorse Optimus Futures and I’ll finish with the usual disclosures: No, I am not related to Matt, Jake or anyone else at Optimus Futures, nor was I compensated in any way for this recommendation.

Best of luck to all!
UpTik

Having been involved in trading for close to 15 years, I had a few different brokers early on. After several unpleasant experiences, I came across Matt and Optimus futures. What a difference. He always gave me great service and really showed an interest in helping me be successful. I am glad you have had a good experience as well.

Failure is not an option

bobbakerr 
Riverdale, Idaho, USA

Experience: Intermediate
Platform: Optimus Futures + MultiCharts + TradeStation
Broker: Optimus Futures, Rithmic Data, TradeStation
Trading: CL, ES
Thanks Given: 241
Thanks Received: 51

I wanted to give a big shout-out to Optimus Futures.

I just spent a couple of hours on the phone with them, having a problem getting CQG to work in trading the VIX on my MultiCharts platform. Matt has a very good man doing this type of work for him, Jake Montag. Jake has helped me before and was excellent then. This time was no exception. Thank you, Jake!

Matt (Zimburg) has always been a great help to me. In the past, Matt did all this work. But in his great wisdom, he found Jake. And Jake is a genius.

So, if you want a futures broker who knows what to do (in everything), is honest in his dealings, and forthright in his speaking, go with Matt and Optimus!

Thanked by:

kevinkdog   is a Vendor

Thanks Given: 1,890
Thanks Received: 7,338

bobbakerr View Post
I wanted to give a big shout-out to Optimus Futures.

I just spent a couple of hours on the phone with them, having a problem getting CQG to work in trading the VIX on my MultiCharts platform. Matt has a very good man doing this type of work for him, Jake Montag. Jake has helped me before and was excellent then. This time was no exception. Thank you, Jake!

Matt (Zimburg) has always been a great help to me. In the past, Matt did all this work. But in his great wisdom, he found Jake. And Jake is a genius.

So, if you want a futures broker who knows what to do (in everything), is honest in his dealings, and forthright in his speaking, go with Matt and Optimus!

In an era of anonymous, unhelpful brokers, Matt stands out as one of the best - I certainly agree! @mattz

Follow me on Twitter
Thanked by:

Last Updated on February 22, 2022

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts