NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

TradeTheBar Daily Journal

Discussion in Trading Journals

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one kareem40 with 241 posts (432 thanks)
    2. looks_two NW Trader with 20 posts (50 thanks)
    3. looks_3 bobwest with 5 posts (10 thanks)
    4. looks_4 mtzimmer1 with 5 posts (6 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one NW Trader with 2.5 thanks per post
    2. looks_two bobwest with 2 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 Grantx with 2 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 kareem40 with 1.8 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 36,858 views
    2. thumb_up 527 thanks given
    3. group 18 followers
    1. forum 288 posts
    2. attach_file 273 attachments

Search this Thread

TradeTheBar Daily Journal

kareem40 
Dallas, TX
Legendary TradeTheBar

Experience: Intermediate
Platform: NT, TS
Broker: IB, Oanda
Trading: ES, MES, MNQ, MYM
Thanks Given: 1,947
Thanks Received: 921

After my fantastic and very accurate call of no volatility this week , I took a couple of days of pre-market until the dust settle. I don't think it has, but if no news here are key levels: 2903,2879,2841 and of course the channel.
And here is my chart:

As I write this, more news is coming out....so I may just go back to the 1 minute and trade any breaking news!

K

Follow me on Twitter Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Started this thread Reply With Quote
Thanked by:

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
Increase in trading performance by 75%
The Elite Circle
Pivot Indicator like the old SwingTemp by Big Mike
NinjaTrader
REcommedations for programming help
Sierra Chart
Better Renko Gaps
The Elite Circle
ZombieSqueeze
Platforms and Indicators

Best Threads (Most Thanked)
in the last 7 days on NexusFi
Just another trading journal: PA, Wyckoff & Trends
33 thanks
Tao te Trade: way of the WLD
24 thanks
My NQ Trading Journal
14 thanks
GFIs1 1 DAX trade per day journal
11 thanks
HumbleTraders next chapter
11 thanks

kareem40 
Dallas, TX
Legendary TradeTheBar

Again all news today. I did see good VSA/PA set ups. First after my first news trade the 2903 ( mentioned in an earlier post), was tested and price move up from there. I did not take it.. Again, with news trading I only add to winners and start with 2 MES, then add. I usually like to go all out, but at times do scale out as well.

Here is the second news trade. This did take some heat, but not much.

I am still holding the AAPL 202.5 calls expiring tomorrow and CL expiring next week. Both are looking good.

I traded very little today due to work, so easy trading day with low risk and low draw. I am up $102.
K

Follow me on Twitter Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Started this thread Reply With Quote

NW Trader 
Seattle WA/USA

Platform: NinjaTrader 8
Broker: NinjaTrader
Trading: CL, YM, ES
Thanks Given: 495
Thanks Received: 1,084

kareem40 View Post
Again all news today. I did see good VSA/PA set ups. First after my first news trade the 2903 ( mentioned in an earlier post), was tested and price move up from there. I did not take it.. Again, with news trading I only add to winners and start with 2 MES, then add. I usually like to go all out, but at times do scale out as well.

Here is the second news trade. This did take some heat, but not much.

I am still holding the AAPL 202.5 calls expiring tomorrow and CL expiring next week. Both are looking good.

I traded very little today due to work, so easy trading day with low risk and low draw. I am up $102.

K

Sounds like a good day. When I got back into this a little over a year ago my intention was to trade futures and options. Once I got going I found that the learning curve was so steep on each that I felt I needed to go with one or the other and I chose futures. If and when I ever get to a point that I can allocate the time I’d love to pick up options again. I enjoyed trading them but I’ve got a lot to learn.

Mike
NW Trader

There is no path to happiness. Happiness is the path.
Follow me on Twitter Reply With Quote
Thanked by:

kareem40 
Dallas, TX
Legendary TradeTheBar

A combo of news and one set up today for the MES. The problem with news trading is sometimes you are not sure, if good news is good and bad is...then again sometimes bad is actually good and good is bad....
I am still convinced that the morning news is positive but the markets did not agree. I bought the news twice and puked on both trades ( trade 1 & 2 a loss of $180 total). Trade 3 was a test of 2903 mentioned earlier and it did well, but I did not hold it enough to recover my earlier losses.
The AAPL was almost hit with $100 profit but it was 2 cent of my limit price. Then Trump said "maybe cancel meeting" and markets went down, then my options expired worthless.
My CL options are doing well and I wanted to take one off with some profit and make my options risk free, but it did not get high enough.

Not a good day and did get frustrated with my trading/results. I am down $69 for the day.

Good weekend to all.

K

NW Trader 
Seattle WA/USA

kareem40 View Post

Not a good day and did get frustrated with my trading/results. I am down $69 for the day.

Good weekend to all.

K

As someone who just recently completed two incredibly frustrating and costly weeks, I hear you! But, I rebounded this week and you will as well. Examine your trades for the past week and see if you made mistakes or if there are actual errors in your strategy. If there were trade errors, resolve to deal with that next week. If the strategy needs tweaking, do it. But if the strategy is good and the errors are correctable, then I say go grab dinner with friends, have some drinks and talk about anything but trading. Come Sunday, start making your game plan for the coming week knowing that you've got a plan and the discipline to carry it out.

Enjoy your weekend!

Thanked by:

NW Trader 
Seattle WA/USA

kareem40 View Post
The problem with news trading is sometimes you are not sure, if good news is good and bad is...then again sometimes bad is actually good and good is bad....
I am still convinced that the morning news is positive but the markets did not agree.

K

I am interested in your news trading. Do you simply anticipate the news, make a judgement about how the market will react and place a trade just prior to the release? Or, do you bracket the release time so you can go either way?

So far, I stay away from known news releases and I get nervous whenever Trump's thumbs start moving. It's sort of like watching a 3 year old put Dad's car in Drive!

Thanked by:

kareem40 
Dallas, TX
Legendary TradeTheBar

NW Trader View Post
I am interested in your news trading. Do you simply anticipate the news, make a judgement about how the market will react and place a trade just prior to the release? Or, do you bracket the release time so you can go either way?

So far, I stay away from known news releases and I get nervous whenever Trump's thumbs start moving. It's sort of like watching a 3 year old put Dad's car in Drive!

Thanks for your posts NW. I will write a full post later this weekend on my rules with news trading. BTW, I have another journal with videos in the elite section that goes into details. I have done few changes since the videos, but not much.

Take care,
K

Thanked by:

kareem40 
Dallas, TX
Legendary TradeTheBar

NW Trader View Post
As someone who just recently completed two incredibly frustrating and costly weeks, I hear you! But, I rebounded this week and you will as well. Examine your trades for the past week and see if you made mistakes or if there are actual errors in your strategy. If there were trade errors, resolve to deal with that next week. If the strategy needs tweaking, do it. But if the strategy is good and the errors are correctable, then I say go grab dinner with friends, have some drinks and talk about anything but trading. Come Sunday, start making your game plan for the coming week knowing that you've got a plan and the discipline to carry it out.

Enjoy your weekend!

Again, thanks. Funny that you said that, because that is exactly what I did last night
Few old friends and old drinks will fix most of your frustrations
K

Thanked by:

NW Trader 
Seattle WA/USA

kareem40 View Post
Thanks for your posts NW. I will write a full post later this weekend on my rules with news trading. BTW, I have another journal with videos in the elite section that goes into details. I have done few changes since the videos, but not much.

Take care,
K

Thanks! I'll check out your other journal over the weekend.

Thanked by:

kareem40 
Dallas, TX
Legendary TradeTheBar

I have few discussion and questions concerning news trading and how useful it can be in trading. I am going to post few examples/captures on how I make trade it. I did not take all of these trades, but only wanted a quick examples ( in hindsight). I have picked important/major news and I only take unplanned news. There is no way I can make money trading employment report, or similar major planned events. Please note I have no relationships with any news provider and there are many to choose from. But Bloomberg/CNN is not an option ( too slow).

More to follow next...

K

Thanked by:

Last Updated on April 17, 2024

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts