NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

FIO 10-year Anniversary: Over $18,000 in prizes, awesome webinars, and events!

Discussion in Feedback and Announcements

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one Big Mike with 43 posts (379 thanks)
    2. looks_two kareem40 with 5 posts (22 thanks)
    3. looks_3 MiniP with 4 posts (30 thanks)
    4. looks_4 KillerJukeBox with 4 posts (12 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one DavidHP with 36 thanks per post
    2. looks_two Skid with 36 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 bobwest with 17.5 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 Big Mike with 8.8 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 59,452 views
    2. thumb_up 981 thanks given
    3. group 62 followers
    1. forum 132 posts
    2. attach_file 5 attachments

Search this Thread

FIO 10-year Anniversary: Over $18,000 in prizes, awesome webinars, and events!

ABCTG   is a Vendor

Thanks Given: 482
Thanks Received: 1,629

@Big Mike,

looks great.

Regards,

ABCTG

Big Mike View Post
We're about to announce the prizes Be sure to continue sharing in this thread for a chance to earn one of the prizes!

But first, I wanted to share a new graphic we put together. What do you guys think?

Mike

Follow me on Twitter Reply With Quote
Thanked by:

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
ZombieSqueeze
Platforms and Indicators
NT7 Indicator Script Troubleshooting - Camarilla Pivots
NinjaTrader
MC PL editor upgrade
MultiCharts
Quant vue
Trading Reviews and Vendors
Cheap historycal L1 data for stocks
Stocks and ETFs

kjhosken 
Seattle, WA/USA

Experience: Intermediate
Platform: TOS, TS
Trading: Forex, crude
Thanks Given: 7
Thanks Received: 35

Really like the graphic!

Follow me on Twitter Reply With Quote
Thanked by:

Buscador 
Abbotsford, BC, Canada

Experience: Advanced
Platform: Ninja Trader 8
Trading: Futures, Silver
Thanks Given: 31
Thanks Received: 63

Big Mike View Post
We're about to announce the prizes Be sure to continue sharing in this thread for a chance to earn one of the prizes!

But first, I wanted to share a new graphic we put together. What do you guys think?

Mike

Great succeeds and well deserved

vk79 
Michigan

Platform: Ninjatrader
Trading: NQ
Thanks Given: 265
Thanks Received: 85

Congratulations Big Mike.

Thanked by:

KillerJukeBox 
Dublin

Platform: Ninjatrader, Tastytrade
Broker: Ninjatrader Brokerage, IBKR, Tastytrade,
Trading: MNQ,MES. Stocks, Stock options
Thanks Given: 13
Thanks Received: 95

Big Mike View Post

Mike

Hi Mike,

Looks good. Shame about the pixelation from GIF compression, have you considered using html5 instead? gives you access to vectors which look perfect

here's a super quick mockup I made in 2 mins (with a tool because i'm lazy ) of what I mean in terms of image quality.

https://share.bannersnack.com/b13evs53x/

If you wanna share your indesign file or whatever i'd be happy to convert

Follow me on Twitter Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Reply With Quote
Thanked by:

Big Mike 
Manta, Ecuador
Site Administrator
Developer
Swing Trader

Platform: Custom solution
Broker: IBKR
Trading: Stocks & Futures
Frequency: Every few days
Duration: Weeks
Thanks Given: 33,236
Thanks Received: 101,661

KillerJukeBox View Post
Hi Mike,

Looks good. Shame about the pixelation from GIF compression, have you considered using html5 instead? gives you access to vectors which look perfect

here's a super quick mockup I made in 2 mins (with a tool because i'm lazy ) of what I mean in terms of image quality.

https://share.bannersnack.com/b13evs53x/

If you wanna share your indesign file or whatever i'd be happy to convert

The source is HTML5, I just posted the gif for simplicity as it was embedded in the newsletter today. But thank you

Mike

We're here to help: just ask the community or contact our Help Desk

Quick Links: Change your Username or Register as a Vendor
Searching for trading reviews? Review this list
Lifetime Elite Membership: Sign-up for only $149 USD
Exclusive money saving offers from our Site Sponsors: Browse Offers
Report problems with the site: Using the NexusFi changelog thread
Follow me on Twitter Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Started this thread Reply With Quote
Thanked by:

David_R 
San Jose, Ca
Legendary Market Wizard

Experience: Beginner
Platform: Ninja
Broker: AMP/CQG
Trading: Something moving
Thanks Given: 2,335
Thanks Received: 2,524

It’s hard to believe that’s it’s been 10 years since the beginning of futures.io (Big Mike’s). I think I must have come across FIO in Its first year of existence. As many new traders, I came across the site looking for the something to make me a successful trader. Something that would make me money on a consistent basis. I think I may have been looking for “winning” Indicators. Oh, and I wanted it to be free. Not too long after visiting the site it was clear that the site was about more than just indicators. I also learned quickly that I wasn’t going to find an indicator that made me profitable.
I was encouraged to journal on the site, so I began to journal a lot. I annotated charts for various markets and if my name ever comes up you can see that I’ve bounced around from using market profile, moving averages and CCI and Wyckoff as taught by Gary Dayton. There may even be other methodologies, but I don’t recall.
Funding my account with more than a few thousand dollars was always an issue so I began to search for ways to get a funded account and came across Topsteptrader. I’m not 100% certain, but I may have been one of the very first to do a combine and journal it on the site. I’ve never been able to pass a combine and to be completely transparent and honest, I’ve probably done more than 20 combines. I’ve gotten close a few times only to “F” it up at the end. No, I have not journaled those combines.
After failing to even get close to becoming profitable I felt it was time to step away from trading. I became less active in the site as well. I did however discover the holy grail of trading. Unfortunately, I can’t sell it or give to anyone. One must discover it on their own and then once you discover it, you put it into action. I’ve not been able to put it into action. What is it? The mental aspects of trading are what need to be honed. They are Patience, Discipline and the acceptance of Outcomes. Yes, you need a method that for the most part is profitable, but all methods will work and fail, so I feel it’s about finding when the method works more often and focusing on that and avoiding it when it doesn’t. You could also say that would be having Patience. To be successful we need to wait for setups to occur. Discipline to do this consistently. Not sometime. Not on Wednesdays, but always. Like a professional trader. We are Patient and have the Discipline to be so, and then when the setup(s) occur we then follow the plan to enter and manage the trade. Even if we do this we still may lose on the trade. There will be losers and there is no way to avoid it. So, we have to be willing to Accept the outcome, not just the winning outcome. Not being able to accept losses was big for me. Well, so are patience and discipline.
I certainly don’t mean to trivialize the other aspects of trading that are important. Having a plan and executing to the plan, journaling and review are all important. By the way, I put emotions into the category of “Mental Aspects”. I’m not a psychologist, so I speak for myself and say that emotions can’t be avoided or suppressed. You will feel what you feel. They key is to not let the emotions control the situation. Recognize the existence of how you feel and acknowledge it. For example, you’re in a trade and it’s going against you but has not hit your stop. You may be feeling a little tense. What do you do? Deep breath and follow the plan. The same applies for being in profit. You may be feeling tense because you are up on the trade. Do you exit? Deep breath and follow the plan.

I have not mastered the above, but I do believe it’s the holy grail to trading.

I admit I still want to trade. I'm not sure that day trading is for me. Sticking with the longer term trend on higher time-frame charts may be where its at.

Congrats on 10 years for FIO!. Ten More!!

David R

Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Reply With Quote

KillerJukeBox 
Dublin

Platform: Ninjatrader, Tastytrade
Broker: Ninjatrader Brokerage, IBKR, Tastytrade,
Trading: MNQ,MES. Stocks, Stock options
Thanks Given: 13
Thanks Received: 95

Big Mike View Post
The source is HTML5, I just posted the gif for simplicity as it was embedded in the newsletter today. But thank you

Mike

in that case 10/10 :-)

Follow me on Twitter Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Reply With Quote
Thanked by:
 ValLiant 
redding, CA

Experience: None
Platform: ninja/timingsolutions(Wave59 jurys out)
Broker: iB
Trading: CL/GC/NQ
Thanks Given: 78
Thanks Received: 22

been with bigmikes for probably 10 years...one of the best resources out there for traders using ninjatrader and best value money wise of anything offered from the educational front... feels like a never ending learning process with trading... get one thing mastered something else pops up... still learning :-) thankful to be on the journey.

Thanked by:
 markbb10 
Treasure Coast, Florida

Platform: Ninja 8
Trading: Futures
Thanks Given: 57
Thanks Received: 50

Mike,

I cannot express how much this forum has helped me over the years. It has saved me thousands of dollars in learning the true scoop about vendors and products.

It has provided me with in depth knowledge on technical analysis that is just not available anywhere else.

The constant flow of webinars is amazing as the content grows.

Most of all it has introduced me to people that share my passion for trading.

Thanks,
Mark

Thanked by:

Last Updated on November 21, 2019

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts