NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

Where in the world would you trade? Relocating or pursuing a semi-nomadic lifestyle.

Discussion in Traders Hideout

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one Howard Roark with 12 posts (13 thanks)
    2. looks_two artemiso with 3 posts (8 thanks)
    3. looks_3 carofa with 3 posts (7 thanks)
    4. looks_4 apac with 3 posts (7 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one artemiso with 2.7 thanks per post
    2. looks_two carofa with 2.3 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 apac with 2.3 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 Howard Roark with 1.1 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 4,695 views
    2. thumb_up 54 thanks given
    3. group 12 followers
    1. forum 30 posts
    2. attach_file 0 attachments

Search this Thread

Where in the world would you trade? Relocating or pursuing a semi-nomadic lifestyle.

apac
Nearest City + State/Country

Thanks Given: 1
Thanks Received: 20

ES = east coast US, east-ish side. I'd live in Memphis or New Orleans, because I bet they'd be like nowhere [English speaking] I'd ever been... and would give my world view some broader perspective.

Howard Roark View Post

Are you a Western living there or a local?

On the subject of lady prospects, I actually heard it was hard for western males to get anywhere with the local ladies, but maybe that's not the case then...

I'm a westerner.

You've heard wrong about Japanese women But I do not want to be disrespectful or objectify. Some of my great friends are Japanese women, they are often excellent humans.

Thanked by:

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
REcommedations for programming help
Sierra Chart
Better Renko Gaps
The Elite Circle
Pivot Indicator like the old SwingTemp by Big Mike
NinjaTrader
How to apply profiles
Traders Hideout
Trade idea based off three indicators.
Traders Hideout

Best Threads (Most Thanked)
in the last 7 days on NexusFi
Spoo-nalysis ES e-mini futures S&P 500
29 thanks
Just another trading journal: PA, Wyckoff & Trends
24 thanks
Tao te Trade: way of the WLD
24 thanks
Bigger Wins or Fewer Losses?
21 thanks
GFIs1 1 DAX trade per day journal
17 thanks
Howard Roark
Oslo Norway

Thanks Given: 393
Thanks Received: 532

apac View Post
ES = east coast US, east-ish side. I'd live in Memphis or New Orleans, because I bet they'd be like nowhere [English speaking] I'd ever been... and would give my world view some broader perspective.

I'm a westerner.

You've heard wrong about Japanese women But I do not want to be disrespectful or objectify. Some of my great friends are Japanese women, they are often excellent humans.

Cool.

I didn't perceive you to be disrespectful.

Thanked by:
Howard Roark
Oslo Norway

Thanks Given: 393
Thanks Received: 532

The problem with the US might be cost-efficiency? I do need to look more into this and research it a little better (so much to research already - I tend to prioritize the markets). The advantage is the time zone since I trade the US. Would be very nice to have a bit more normal hours.

Japan and the rest of Asia have a sub-optimal time zone for my current operations day trading US index futures. I am looking to diversify later on. Just not right now.

I'm wondering if Argentina could be something to consider. Or parts of Southern America.

Europe seems to offer many opportunities also. Possibly Eastern Europe to get most bang for the buck.

Time zone is less than ideal, but usually the same as what I'm currently doing living in Norway. Trading day officially starts at 15:30 and usually needing 30-60 minutes of preparation. Done around 22:30 if I trade the full session.

Thanked by:

pfsthib 
Sulphur, LA USA

Experience: Intermediate
Platform: Ninjatrader
Trading: ES, NQ
Thanks Given: 37
Thanks Received: 82

Has anyone lived and traded from Costa Rica?

Sent using the NexusFi mobile app

Thanked by:
 carofa 
Tallinn Estonia

Experience: Master
Platform: MT5,MT4
Broker: FP markets
Trading: Forex
Thanks Given: 4
Thanks Received: 50

pfsthib View Post
Has anyone lived and traded from Costa Rica?

the Problem with Latin America:

Follow me on Twitter Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Reply With Quote
Thanked by:
 xplor79 
Buenos Aires, Argentina

Experience: Beginner
Platform: NinjaTrader
Trading: Emini ES
Thanks Given: 35
Thanks Received: 7

Howard Roark View Post

I'm wondering if Argentina could be something to consider. Or parts of Southern America.

Hi there,
I live here in Argentina (for now).
It has a lot of good things: the capital city is beautiful, the weather is quite good, no earthquakes or tsunamis.... and yes, the time-zone factor.
But we do have a quite unstable economy. Right now is a good moment to come here and live with foreign currency (it was quite expensive a few years ago). And we have elections in the months ahead (and it's not looking good...)

Feel free to ask me anything.
Cheers!

Thanked by:
gedward3
Hong Kong

Thanks Given: 2
Thanks Received: 1

Im living in Malaysia but not trading but have a job.

Kuala Lumpur is a great city with great internet speeds. You can find apartments for USD400 per month and the food is dirt cheap and good. Health insurance costs US2-300 per year for 1 person i pay US1000 for a family and all the doctors are educated in the US, Canada or the UK. Great place to live. People mention Thailand but thats gone expensive with the strong Bhat and with all the digital nomads that have moved there. Plus every Thai sees you as someone they will rip you off from Farang prices to cab drivers and landlords. Pretty much anyone sees you as fair game. Plus its busy as hell and when its burning season say goodbye to your lungs and clean air.

Ged

Thanked by:

pfsthib 
Sulphur, LA USA

Experience: Intermediate
Platform: Ninjatrader
Trading: ES, NQ
Thanks Given: 37
Thanks Received: 82

gedward3 View Post
Im living in Malaysia but not trading but have a job.

Kuala Lumpur is a great city with great internet speeds. You can find apartments for USD400 per month and the food is dirt cheap and good. Health insurance costs US2-300 per year for 1 person i pay US1000 for a family and all the doctors are educated in the US, Canada or the UK. Great place to live. People mention Thailand but thats gone expensive with the strong Bhat and with all the digital nomads that have moved there. Plus every Thai sees you as someone they will rip you off from Farang prices to cab drivers and landlords. Pretty much anyone sees you as fair game. Plus its busy as hell and when its burning season say goodbye to your lungs and clean air.

Ged

That’s good to know I will put it on my list

Sent using the NexusFi mobile app

Thanked by:

SMCJB 
Houston TX
Legendary Market Wizard

Experience: Advanced
Platform: TT and Stellar
Broker: Advantage Futures
Trading: Primarily Energy but also a little Equities, Fixed Income, Metals and Crypto.
Frequency: Many times daily
Duration: Never
Thanks Given: 4,386
Thanks Received: 10,206

Howard Roark View Post
The problem with the US might be cost-efficiency? I do need to look more into this and research it a little better (so much to research already - I tend to prioritize the markets). The advantage is the time zone since I trade the US. Would be very nice to have a bit more normal hours.

I think you will find that places like Florida (and Texas) are cheap compared to Western Europe (and NY, the Northeast and California) and are still highly developed western countries and have extremely favorable tax environments.
The two big problems with the US are
a) Visa
b) Medical Insurance/Coverage

Thanked by:
 artemiso 
New York, NY

Experience: Beginner
Platform: Vanguard 401k
Broker: Yahoo Finance
Trading: Mutual funds
Thanks Given: 784
Thanks Received: 2,685

Personally I felt trading the European session from Tokyo gave me the most daylight, meaningful things to do during the day, and quality of life. U.S. east coast is OK but you get cooped up at your desk through most part of the daylight and the quality of life is pretty bad in most parts of the U.S.

Hong Kong and Singapore have the same time zone advantage as Tokyo, great tax rates, food and quality of life, but housing is expensive there. They would be in my 2nd favorite tier.

For a good deal, if most of your income is in EUR or USD, then Riga and Lisbon all have decent infrastructure and quality of life. Krakow can be even cheaper but the air pollution is like Beijing. Zurich, Moscow and St Petersburg are similar if not slightly better in things to do except more expensive. These are all probably in my 3rd tier.

I'd also consider Amsterdam and Shanghai.

Thanked by:

Last Updated on June 3, 2019

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts