NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

Zach's Log

Discussion in Trading Journals

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one Fluid Fox with 277 posts (1,064 thanks)
    2. looks_two Botts with 27 posts (92 thanks)
    3. looks_3 Salao with 15 posts (51 thanks)
    4. looks_4 mtzimmer1 with 12 posts (27 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one bobwest with 4.6 thanks per post
    2. looks_two Fluid Fox with 3.8 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 Botts with 3.4 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 Salao with 3.4 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 55,237 views
    2. thumb_up 1,509 thanks given
    3. group 19 followers
    1. forum 413 posts
    2. attach_file 326 attachments

Search this Thread

Zach's Log

Fluid Fox 
Bangor, Maine
Legendary Retail Failure

Experience: Intermediate
Platform: NinjaTrader 8
Trading: MNQ
Thanks Given: 2,968
Thanks Received: 2,711

No trades today! Got my eye on some prices though for a swing trade.

Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Started this thread Reply With Quote
Thanked by:

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
Better Renko Gaps
The Elite Circle
NT7 Indicator Script Troubleshooting - Camarilla Pivots
NinjaTrader
REcommedations for programming help
Sierra Chart
ZombieSqueeze
Platforms and Indicators
Exit Strategy
NinjaTrader

Best Threads (Most Thanked)
in the last 7 days on NexusFi
Spoo-nalysis ES e-mini futures S&P 500
48 thanks
Just another trading journal: PA, Wyckoff & Trends
34 thanks
Bigger Wins or Fewer Losses?
24 thanks
Tao te Trade: way of the WLD
24 thanks
GFIs1 1 DAX trade per day journal
22 thanks

mtzimmer1 
Upstate NY
Recovering Method Hopper

Platform: TOS
Broker: TD Ameritrade
Trading: Equities, Treasuries, Gold
Thanks Given: 2,201
Thanks Received: 1,918

Zachary Standley View Post
No trades today! Got my eye on some prices though for a swing trade.

What area are you looking for a swing trade? Curious to get your opinion. I bought ES near the close today as a swing trade after we filled that gap from last week.

Follow me on Twitter Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Reply With Quote
Thanked by:

Fluid Fox 
Bangor, Maine
Legendary Retail Failure

Well the first thing is, I want to see more interaction down at these levels. I want to see a new balance develop, and I want to see 2920-2900 tested. As of now, 2920 is holding up, but it's too early for me to make a sound call and to enter long there. I'll keep my eye on price action overnight and see what happens. Inconclusively, 2910-2920 is a great entry IMO.

Thanked by:

mtzimmer1 
Upstate NY
Recovering Method Hopper

Well the first thing is, I want to see more interaction down at these levels. I want to see a new balance develop, and I want to see 2920-2900 tested. As of now, 2920 is holding up, but it's too early for me to make a sound call and to enter long there. I'll keep my eye on price action overnight and see what happens. Inconclusively, 2910-2920 is a great entry IMO.

Next question:

If your criteria are met and you see what you'd like to see, where would your stop be placed? What would be your tentative initial target?

I see 2936 as a likely first target and and 2948 as a possible second target. ATH would be the next spot after that for me.

Thanked by:

Fluid Fox 
Bangor, Maine
Legendary Retail Failure

mtzimmer1 View Post
Next question:

If your criteria are met and you see what you'd like to see, where would your stop be placed? What would be your tentative initial target?

I see 2936 as a likely first target and and 2948 as a possible second target. ATH would be the next spot after that for me.

Behind 2900. ~2898, if not a little further back.

~2936 would be the 1:1 target. All-time highs is the second.

I think we have the same trade, bud. If it runs off without me, give me half. LOL

Thanked by:

mtzimmer1 
Upstate NY
Recovering Method Hopper

Behind 2900. ~2898, if not a little further back.

~2936 would be the 1:1 target. All-time highs is the second.

I think we have the same trade, bud. If it runs off without me, give me half. LOL

How about we dip down to 2910 so you can fill long and then shoot off like a rocketship to ATH? Sounds like a plan to me! We do some of the same analysis it seems!

Thanked by:

Fluid Fox 
Bangor, Maine
Legendary Retail Failure

mtzimmer1 View Post
How about we dip down to 2910 so you can fill long and then shoot off like a rocketship to ATH? Sounds like a plan to me! We do some of the same analysis it seems!

That would be perfect tbh. We might be using the same strategy! It seems like it with the numbers you gave me.

I set up an alert for 2918 and it didn't go off. I may have missed my shot. We'll see!

Thanked by:

Fluid Fox 
Bangor, Maine
Legendary Retail Failure

Lost 4 points in the MES today! (SIM)

I did everything that I was supposed to do, so I don't feel bad about this trade at all (I usually feel bad after losing). My macro set-up developed in the 30 minute chart, and a relatively important level was being interacted with, which I observed through the footprint- absorption soon became evident after I recognized this, so I entered. Stop loss was in the right place, and my entry was decent. All around, this was a good trade, and I would (and have to) take it again.

Also, I put on a swing trade today too. Obviously it's still going, I'll keep you updated on it.

I find that there's less to talk or write about, now that I have a for-sure strategy that I'm committed to. I don't know if this is a good thing or a bad thing.

Thanked by:

Fluid Fox 
Bangor, Maine
Legendary Retail Failure

No day trades today. The ES/MES is currently in a weird position, and I can't tell if we're bullish or bearish in the daily chart. Because of this, I closed my swing trade that I put on yesterday for a relatively minuscule 3.25 point gain. Nothing special!

As for my day trading as a whole, I find myself gravitating more and more to wanting to trade live already. I do have ~$442 just sitting in my live account that I don't need to survive, so I'm really debating just jumping in with my current strategy to challenge myself / to be involved. I thought about it earlier, and even though I definitely take SIM seriously, trading live is more engaging, because it's real risk and real reward! I suppose I'm getting a bit impatient because I've been in SIM so long. Maybe the prospect of trading real money will "bring my trading to life?" I don't know, all I know is, I want to trade live!

I would be risking relatively a lot of capital per trade: right off the bat, if I were to use a 2 point stop loss with this $442 account in the MES, and I lost the first trade- that's a 2.27% loss. On the flip side, I'd aim for 2:1 to 3:1, depending on what the market tells me. All around, it's risky, but the idea of doing so is strongly appealing: because of the personal challenge, and because it's real, and not to mention the potential reward- could you imagine successfully growing an account this small?.. Trust me, I'm not banking on it, and I know it's unlikely. Also, I suppose trading live with this account would add an extra element of seriousness to my approach to trading, and I would have to be extremely selective, and on the ball with my trades.

If you think this is a good idea, or an absolutely terrible one, let me know. I'm willing to take the risk, and I think it would be a good experience, regardless of the outcome.

Blash 
Chicago, IL
Legendary Market Chamois

Experience: None
Platform: NT8,NT7,TWS
Broker: InteractiveBrokers, S5T, IQFeed
Trading: The one I'm creating in the present....Index Futures mini/micro, ZF
Thanks Given: 7,341
Thanks Received: 4,518

No day trades today. The ES/MES is currently in a weird position, and I can't tell if we're bullish or bearish in the daily chart. Because of this, I closed my swing trade that I put on yesterday for a relatively minuscule 3.25 point gain. Nothing special!

As for my day trading as a whole, I find myself gravitating more and more to wanting to trade live already. I do have ~$442 just sitting in my live account that I don't need to survive, so I'm really debating just jumping in with my current strategy to challenge myself / to be involved. I thought about it earlier, and even though I definitely take SIM seriously, trading live is more engaging, because it's real risk and real reward! I suppose I'm getting a bit impatient because I've been in SIM so long. Maybe the prospect of trading real money will "bring my trading to life?" I don't know, all I know is, I want to trade live!

I would be risking relatively a lot of capital per trade: right off the bat, if I were to use a 2 point stop loss with this $442 account in the MES, and I lost the first trade- that's a 2.27% loss. On the flip side, I'd aim for 2:1 to 3:1, depending on what the market tells me. All around, it's risky, but the idea of doing so is strongly appealing: because of the personal challenge, and because it's real, and not to mention the potential reward- could you imagine successfully growing an account this small?.. Trust me, I'm not banking on it, and I know it's unlikely. Also, I suppose trading live with this account would add an extra element of seriousness to my approach to trading, and I would have to be extremely selective, and on the ball with my trades.

If you think this is a good idea, or an absolutely terrible one, let me know. I'm willing to take the risk, and I think it would be a good experience, regardless of the outcome.

There is almost no comparison, speaking of myself, between live and sim.

As the market approaches my orders my pulse picks up, when filled my heart starts to race. After a short while, maybe a minute, I’m back to normal as far as heart beat. This happens more so with the first trade of the day.

I think it is a great idea.

Remember YOU are the house. The odds are in YOUR favor. YOUR running a well thought out business.

Businesses have expenses but also make money. Both go hand in hand, never just one alone.

Ron

Sent from my iPhone using futures.io

...My calamity is My providence, outwardly it is fire and vengeance, but inwardly it is light and mercy...
The steed of this Valley is pain; and if there be no pain this journey will never end.
Buy Low And Sell High (read left to right or right to left....lol)

Last Updated on December 31, 2019

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts