NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

Ask Me Anything (AMA) with NinjaTrader Client Services

Discussion in NinjaTrader

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one NinjaTrader with 127 posts (151 thanks)
    2. looks_two Big Mike with 28 posts (57 thanks)
    3. looks_3 Silent warrior with 19 posts (3 thanks)
    4. looks_4 NT Brokerage with 16 posts (22 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one Big Mike with 2 thanks per post
    2. looks_two Blash with 1.6 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 NT Brokerage with 1.4 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 NinjaTrader with 1.2 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 209,779 views
    2. thumb_up 416 thanks given
    3. group 1,282 followers
    1. forum 511 posts
    2. attach_file 39 attachments

Ask Me Anything (AMA) with NinjaTrader Client Services

wolf80
Decatur

Thanks Given: 1
Thanks Received: 1

Does anyone know if Ninjatrader 8 DOM have where you can add the last traded quantity? How many contracts where actually sold or bought. I’ve used TT XTrader and it flashes everytime a bid or offer is taken.

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
NexusFi Journal Challenge - April 2024
Feedback and Announcements
The space time continuum and the dynamics of a financial …
Emini and Emicro Index
Futures True Range Report
The Elite Circle
Are there any eval firms that allow you to sink to your …
Traders Hideout
Better Renko Gaps
The Elite Circle

Best Threads (Most Thanked)
in the last 7 days on NexusFi
Get funded firms 2023/2024 - Any recommendations or word …
59 thanks
Funded Trader platforms
36 thanks
NexusFi site changelog and issues/problem reporting
25 thanks
GFIs1 1 DAX trade per day journal
19 thanks
The Program
18 thanks

NinjaTrader  NinjaTrader is an official Site Sponsor
Site Sponsor

Web: NinjaTrader
AMA: Ask Me Anything
Webinars: NinjaTrader Webinars
Elite offer: Click here

Thanks Given: 203
Thanks Received: 2,686

wolf80 View Post
Does anyone know if Ninjatrader 8 DOM have where you can add the last traded quantity? How many contracts where actually sold or bought. I’ve used TT XTrader and it flashes everytime a bid or offer is taken.

The last trade by default is displayed in the center column of the SuperDOM.

Disclosure: This communication is sent to you by NinjaTrader, LLC, a software development company which owns and supports all proprietary technology relating to and including the NinjaTrader trading platform.
Follow me on Twitter

wolf80
Decatur

NinjaTrader View Post
The last trade by default is displayed in the center column of the SuperDOM.

Thanks bro, but mines only show 1 or 2 contracts and I know that isn’t right, because my time and sales window shows differ. Like if 500 contracts sold, my TT price ladder would show 500 contracts sold right beside the liquidity or how many contracts were offered. It looks to me like my ninja trader setup is showing how many customers are buying at a specific price level.

Site Sponsor

wolf80 View Post
Thanks bro, but mines only show 1 or 2 contracts and I know that isn’t right, because my time and sales window shows differ. Like if 500 contracts sold, my TT price ladder would show 500 contracts sold right beside the liquidity or how many contracts were offered. It looks to me like my ninja trader setup is showing how many customers are buying at a specific price level.

Maybe we are talking about two different things?

1 or 2 contracts is quite normal. You can compare this to the NinjaTrader Time & Sales window itself. It is showing the number of contacts traded.

Here is an image you can see of the SuperDOM next to Time & Sales for the ES 12-18 taken just now.

Disclosure: This communication is sent to you by NinjaTrader, LLC, a software development company which owns and supports all proprietary technology relating to and including the NinjaTrader trading platform.
Follow me on Twitter
Thanked by:

wolf80
Decatur

Thanks for the clarification, that helped me out a lot. I was trying figure out if that’s what the number was referencing.

otislawrence
Amsterdam, The Netherlands

Thanks Given: 0
Thanks Received: 4

What I wonder is why they fixed the chart refresh rate at 250ms. How can anyone trade on this without getting price slippage?

rutariq 
Toronto + Ontario/Canada

Experience: Intermediate
Platform: NinjaTrader
Trading: Futures
Thanks Received: 0

Hello folks!
I downloaded a script earlier from the indicators section (OnRender Help v1 v2) and started having crashing/freezing/ill-performance issues, so I decided to remove using the script Editor. However, the program has apparently made such changes that all/several other indicators now refer to it and complaining. Its actually causing NT8 to freeze. I've tried within my resources to figure out a way, by removing some of the other indicators but apparently it has affected many more. i've already been flushing cache directories..

Any suggestion would be valuable.

See following log:

2018-12-27 02:38:22:530 ERROR: Failed to call OnRender() for chart object 'Region': 'Object reference not set to an instance of an object.'
2018-12-27 05:07:40:152 ERROR: Failed to call OnRender() for chart object 'Region': 'Object reference not set to an instance of an object.'
2018-12-31 11:21:25:044 ERROR: Failed to call OnRender() for chart object 'Region': 'Object reference not set to an instance of an object.'
2018-12-27 08:49:46:139 ERROR: Indicator 'noftIES COT Distribution V2': Error on calling 'OnRender' method on bar 467948: Index was outside the bounds of the array.
2018-12-27 09:58:53:549 ERROR: Indicator 'noftIES COT Distribution V2': Error on calling 'OnRender' method on bar 1381704: Index was outside the bounds of the array.
2018-12-27 10:13:59:104 ERROR: Chart style 'OFA Ⓡ Probe and Rotation': Error on calling 'OnRender' method: System.Runtime.InteropServices.SEHException (0x80004005): External component has thrown an exception. at SharpDX.Direct2D1.RenderTarget.DrawTextLayout(Vector2 origin, TextLayout textLayout, Brush defaultForegroundBrush, DrawTextOptions options) at NinjaTrader.NinjaScript.ChartStyles.ProbeAndRotationStyle.OnRender(ChartControl chartControl, ChartScale chartScale, ChartBars chartBars) at NinjaTrader.NinjaScript.ChartStyles.ChartStyle.Render(RenderTarget pRenderTarget, ChartControl chartControl, ChartScale chartScale, ChartBars chartBars)

2018-12-31 13:37:59:835 ERROR: Chart style 'OFA Ⓡ Probe and Rotation': Error on calling 'OnRender' method: System.Runtime.InteropServices.SEHException (0x80004005): External component has thrown an exception. at SharpDX.Direct2D1.RenderTarget.DrawTextLayout(Vector2 origin, TextLayout textLayout, Brush defaultForegroundBrush, DrawTextOptions options) at NinjaTrader.NinjaScript.ChartStyles.ProbeAndRotationStyle.OnRender(ChartControl chartControl, ChartScale chartScale, ChartBars chartBars) at NinjaTrader.NinjaScript.ChartStyles.ChartStyle.Render(RenderTarget pRenderTarget, ChartControl chartControl, ChartScale chartScale, ChartBars chartBars)

Silent warrior 
Boston, MA

Experience: Advanced
Broker: Rithmic/IQFeed
Trading: ES, ZB, GC, 6E, CL
Thanks Given: 133
Thanks Received: 13

Is there a reason why NT8 does not enable accessibility to the Market Replay data format?

I would like to batch-download larger datasets of continuous contracts with clean data in order to carry out proper backtesting more efficiently in NT8.

There are currently no third-party vendors able to provide a solution for such lack of availability of this type of data through the NT8 Market Replay data downloader.

Can you please provide a timeline to enable/allow end-users or 3rd party vendors to make their own Datafeeds (no data bottlenecks for NT) to construct Market Replay data for continuous contracts?

Sent from my iPhone using NexusFi mobile app

Site Sponsor

Silent warrior View Post
Is there a reason why NT8 does not enable accessibility to the Market Replay data format?

Yes, we decided to keep this proprietary for various business reasons.

Silent warrior View Post

Can you please provide a timeline to enable/allow end-users or 3rd party vendors to make their own Datafeeds (no data bottlenecks for NT) to construct Market Replay data for continuous contracts?

Sent from my iPhone using NexusFi mobile app

We have no plans to do this at this time.

Follow me on Twitter

Silent warrior 
Boston, MA

Experience: Advanced
Broker: Rithmic/IQFeed
Trading: ES, ZB, GC, 6E, CL
Thanks Given: 133
Thanks Received: 13

Well, in that case, when will you enable batch-downloading continuous contracts for a fee?

Sent from my iPad using futures.io futures trading

Last Updated on March 27, 2024

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts