NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

Ask Me Anything (AMA) with NinjaTrader Client Services

Discussion in NinjaTrader

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one NinjaTrader with 128 posts (151 thanks)
    2. looks_two Big Mike with 28 posts (57 thanks)
    3. looks_3 Silent warrior with 19 posts (3 thanks)
    4. looks_4 NT Brokerage with 16 posts (22 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one Big Mike with 2 thanks per post
    2. looks_two Blash with 1.6 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 NT Brokerage with 1.4 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 NinjaTrader with 1.2 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 215,400 views
    2. thumb_up 417 thanks given
    3. group 1,282 followers
    1. forum 515 posts
    2. attach_file 39 attachments

Search this Thread

Ask Me Anything (AMA) with NinjaTrader Client Services

Tangotx 
Houston, TX

Experience: Advanced
Platform: Sierra Chart
Broker: Dorman
Trading: ES/RTY
Thanks Given: 15
Thanks Received: 44

NinjaTrader View Post
Hello,

Thank you for the post.

NinjaTrader Desktop remains Free to use and does not require a brokerage account to download. Please see here for instructions on how to download - NinjaTrader Desktop Installation Guide

To access the download, users do need to create a free NinjaTrader user account. All that is required is a valid email address. From there, you can get access to current and previous downloads, view our live streaming and educational content and more - none of which requires a NinjaTrader Brokerage account.

For NinjaTrader Brokerage clients, we now offer a cloud-based trading infrastructure & integrated multi-device trading through NinjaTrader Web & Mobile devices, which all brokerage clients now have access to.

We would encourage users to visit our updated and expanded Help Center, which contains FAQs and articles on various topics around the new platforms, our updated client dashboard, the latest release of NinjaTrader Desktop (v. 8.1) and much more. Some sample articles are below:

As always, you can contact our support team with any additional questions.

We hope this helps. Thank you.

Thanks for the prompt response. After contacting tech support twice, this is the most helpful response about this issue. It is greatly appreciated.

Follow me on Twitter Reply With Quote

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
NT7 Indicator Script Troubleshooting - Camarilla Pivots
NinjaTrader
Could it be that currency futures are way easier to trade?
Currencies
NexusFi Journal Challenge - May 2024
Feedback and Announcements
Pivot Indicator like the old SwingTemp by Big Mike
NinjaTrader
Cheap historycal L1 data for stocks
Stocks and ETFs

Srq1 
Sarasota, Fla

Experience: Beginner
Platform: Ninja Trader ,Tos
Broker: NinjaTrader Brokerage
Trading: NQ MNQ MES ES
Thanks Given: 226
Thanks Received: 25

Hello ,
I am Unable to download any indicator, this shows and ninja crashes every time.

Error
"Unhandled exception. Attempted to read or write protected memory.
This is often an indication that other memory is corrupt."

Does anyone has a idea on how to correct this. Platform support not finding the problem that is being going on for about 2 weeks with emails and one live support.

I have unistall and deleted all workspaces,imported indicators, tested in new ninja in safe mode( cant import on safe mode) download new ninja , new/fresh everything and Crashed again. Support says to get my IT guy, that is not ninja.

What can I do, any suggestion will help

Thanks
Javier

traderpards 
Longmont, CO

Experience: Intermediate
Platform: NinjaTrader
Trading: GC, CL, TF
Thanks Given: 195
Thanks Received: 1,258

Srq1 View Post
Hello ,

Error

Does anyone has a idea on how to correct this. Platform support not finding the problem that is being going on for about 2 weeks with emails and one live support.

I have unistall and deleted all workspaces,imported indicators, tested in new ninja in safe mode( cant import on safe mode) download new ninja , new/fresh everything and Crashed again. Support says to get my IT guy, that is not ninja.

Thanks
Javier

I'm not sure what is causing your issue but Ninjatrader definitely needs to get rid of that error message and replace it with something that has a real meaning.

I get that from time to time and last week I finally tested my memory. The results? You guessed it... Nothing wrong with my memory. Not a single error.

And like you, I too come back to my computer to find it has crashed. This messes up my indicators that measure volume areas on an hourly basis. (They get corrected next hour so not that big a deal)

That happens all the time. I guess I've just accepted the notion that Ninjatrader is a POS and I stay because I'm too lazy to learn how Sierra Charts or something else works.

huracan 
Gahanna, OH

Platform: Ninja Trader
Broker: AMP/CQG
Trading: ES, ZB, ZN
Thanks Given: 34
Thanks Received: 28

Srq1 View Post
Hello ,

Error

Thanks
Javier

Javier: This might not be too helpful, but I find that when nothing seems to work it's time to look elsewhere. Is your computer OK? From the description this might not be an NT problem.

arcade 
Beaumont Texas

Broker: AMP
Trading: futures
Thanks Given: 9
Thanks Received: 5

Tangotx View Post
Thanks for the prompt response. After contacting tech support twice, this is the most helpful response about this issue. It is greatly appreciated.

I am a lifetime member of NT for 15 years and got fed up with crashes. Moved to Sierra Chart

Follow me on Twitter Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Reply With Quote
 jmont1 
New York, NY

Platform: NinjaTrader8
Broker: Data = Rithmic -- Gives 70 Level II Data
Trading: 6C (Low Margin,) 6E, CL, GC, ES and Maybe DX for smaller tick value
Thanks Given: 1,719
Thanks Received: 1,020

Assuming you do not want to buy a new computer, maybe think of using a VPS service.

OR, I occasionally reset my windows PC back to its original, from store, set up. Iarchive my personal files to another scandisk memory stick. Then:

Reset or reinstall Windows 10
There are three options that allow you to reset your PC. If you’ve tried just about everything else and your PC still isn't running well, resetting it might fix the problem.
Option 1
Open Recovery settings or select Start Windows logo Start button > Settings Gear-shaped Settings icon > Update & Security Circular arrows Sync icon > Recovery.
Under Reset this PC, select Get started.

You will have to reinstall any applications. But NT8 will likely work fine after this. Let us know if you try this and it works.

Oh, BTW, the first thing I do after getting back to be able to open my browser is reject third party cookies. It helps a lot to avoid them.
l
Srq1 View Post
Hello ,

Thanks
Javier

Tangotx 
Houston, TX

Broker: Dorman
Trading: ES/RTY
Thanks Given: 15
Thanks Received: 44

arcade View Post
I am a lifetime member of NT for 15 years and got fed up with crashes. Moved to Sierra Chart

Well, I gave up as well. I also have a lifetime license and invested in third party indicators. I can't blame anybody but me. I kept hoping the many issues would eventually resolve. But it was only wishful thinking. I switched to Sierra and took the loss.

Follow me on Twitter Reply With Quote
 OldGrey 
Cambridge UK

Trading: Currency/Index Futures/CL
Thanks Given: 1
Thanks Received: 2

This may be of use, so I will add this for general information regarding crashes. The performance part only refers to v8.0.nn, not v 8.1.

A couple of years ago I found that NT8 was taking minutes to load and would often crash. Even when loaded and running, it would crash later. The error message was the same as posted earlier. I had around 10/12 workspaces with some quite CPU intensive indicators on the charts (3 screens, 6 charts, DOM, databox, market analyser, and CC showing on each workspace). I spoke to a friend who had been using NT since v6. I have had it since v7. He has a lot of IT experience as well as NT experience. His comment was that it was almost certainly a combination of the amount of work I was expecting the computer to perform and the power of the computer. This was on an i7 3770, W10, 16Gb RAM which benchmarked at 6,400. I upgraded the computer and dedicated it to trading plus a couple of other processes, but no email or general browsing. The indicators have been increased but the number of workspaces is now down to about 8.
The new machine has 64Gb RAM, W10, runs NT8 and the OS from a SSD and benchmarks at 39,000. Since I have had this machine I haven't had a single crash.

As an aside, I have read a number of posts (maybe elsewhere), about bad fills through NinjaBrokerage and incorrect data. As far as v8.0.nn goes, I have had no problems other than the charts needing an occasional historical refresh. No bad fills. Regarding slippage in general, I don't leave stops in obvious places but even allowing for that, slippage hasn't been a problem.

Thanked by:

Joseph Connors 
Colorado Springs, CO USA

Broker: Ninjatrade
Trading: Futures
Frequency: Many times daily
Duration: Minutes
Thanks Given: 93
Thanks Received: 106

OldGrey View Post
This may be of use, so I will add this for general information regarding crashes. The performance part only refers to v8.0.nn, not v 8.1.

A couple of years ago I found that NT8 was taking minutes to load and would often crash. Even when loaded and running, it would crash later. The error message was the same as posted earlier. I had around 10/12 workspaces with some quite CPU intensive indicators on the charts (3 screens, 6 charts, DOM, databox, market analyser, and CC showing on each workspace). I spoke to a friend who had been using NT since v6. I have had it since v7. He has a lot of IT experience as well as NT experience. His comment was that it was almost certainly a combination of the amount of work I was expecting the computer to perform and the power of the computer. This was on an i7 3770, W10, 16Gb RAM which benchmarked at 6,400. I upgraded the computer and dedicated it to trading plus a couple of other processes, but no email or general browsing. The indicators have been increased but the number of workspaces is now down to about 8.
The new machine has 64Gb RAM, W10, runs NT8 and the OS from a SSD and benchmarks at 39,000. Since I have had this machine I haven't had a single crash.

As an aside, I have read a number of posts (maybe elsewhere), about bad fills through NinjaBrokerage and incorrect data. As far as v8.0.nn goes, I have had no problems other than the charts needing an occasional historical refresh. No bad fills. Regarding slippage in general, I don't leave stops in obvious places but even allowing for that, slippage hasn't been a problem.

What benchmark are you using?

Persistence! Nothing in the world can take the place of persistence.
Talent will not ... nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent.
Genius will not ... Unrewarded genius is almost a proverb.
Education will not ... The world is full of educated derelicts.
Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent!
Calvin Coolidge
 OldGrey 
Cambridge UK

Trading: Currency/Index Futures/CL
Thanks Given: 1
Thanks Received: 2

Benchmark: Passmark

Thanked by:

Last Updated on April 22, 2024

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts