NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

Ask Me Anything (AMA) with NinjaTrader Client Services

Discussion in NinjaTrader

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one NinjaTrader with 127 posts (151 thanks)
    2. looks_two Big Mike with 28 posts (57 thanks)
    3. looks_3 Silent warrior with 19 posts (3 thanks)
    4. looks_4 NT Brokerage with 16 posts (22 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one Big Mike with 2 thanks per post
    2. looks_two Blash with 1.6 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 NT Brokerage with 1.4 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 NinjaTrader with 1.2 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 214,673 views
    2. thumb_up 417 thanks given
    3. group 1,282 followers
    1. forum 513 posts
    2. attach_file 39 attachments

Search this Thread

Ask Me Anything (AMA) with NinjaTrader Client Services

Koepisch 
@ Germany

Experience: Beginner
Platform: NinjaTrader
Broker: Mirus Futures/Zen-Fire
Trading: FDAX
Thanks Given: 440
Thanks Received: 518

Hallo Raymond,

the CQG connection guide (NT7 + NT8) mentioning a delay for the stop- and target order submission.

=> "There will be an approximated 200ms delay between submission of strategy based stop and target orders."

Do you want to emphase that the successfull active entry order acknowledgment triggers the stop/target order submission?
I think the stop/target order submission is managed by local NT app and not from NT servers, right?
How do you determine the the 200ms value (i think the exact time must be ENTRY_ACK_TIME(EXCHANGE -> Local) + STOP_TARGET_TRANSMIT_TIME(Local -> Exchange)?

Isn't it possible to transfer native OCO information to the CQG servers? I want that the stop/target orders are submitted at a prior stage (from CQG server or even better from exchange).

@sam028 @mattz: with direct use of CQG or Rithmic API that issue is a non brainer, right?

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
NexusFi Journal Challenge - May 2024
Feedback and Announcements
Trade idea based off three indicators.
Traders Hideout
MC PL editor upgrade
MultiCharts
Better Renko Gaps
The Elite Circle
NT7 Indicator Script Troubleshooting - Camarilla Pivots
NinjaTrader

Best Threads (Most Thanked)
in the last 7 days on NexusFi
Spoo-nalysis ES e-mini futures S&P 500
43 thanks
Just another trading journal: PA, Wyckoff & Trends
30 thanks
Tao te Trade: way of the WLD
24 thanks
Bigger Wins or Fewer Losses?
23 thanks
GFIs1 1 DAX trade per day journal
21 thanks

NinjaTrader  NinjaTrader is an official Site Sponsor
Site Sponsor

Web: NinjaTrader
AMA: Ask Me Anything
Webinars: NinjaTrader Webinars
Elite offer: Click here

Thanks Given: 203
Thanks Received: 2,686

Koepisch View Post
Hallo Raymond,

the CQG connection guide (NT7 + NT8) mentioning a delay for the stop- and target order submission.

=> "There will be an approximated 200ms delay between submission of strategy based stop and target orders."

Do you want to emphase that the successfull active entry order acknowledgment triggers the stop/target order submission?
I think the stop/target order submission is managed by local NT app and not from NT servers, right?
How do you determine the the 200ms value (i think the exact time must be ENTRY_ACK_TIME(EXCHANGE -> Local) + STOP_TARGET_TRANSMIT_TIME(Local -> Exchange)?

Isn't it possible to transfer native OCO information to the CQG servers? I want that the stop/target orders are submitted at a prior stage (from CQG server or even better from exchange).

@sam028: with direct use of CQG or Rithmic API that issue is a non brainer, right?

• Stops and targets are submitted once entry order is part filled or filled
  • Stop is submitted first then paired target order 200 ms later as measured locally (a technical requirement in working with the specific CQG API we use)
  • The orders are working at the exchange
  • The OCO linkage is held and managed by CQG servers

Disclosure: This communication is sent to you by NinjaTrader, LLC, a software development company which owns and supports all proprietary technology relating to and including the NinjaTrader trading platform.
Follow me on Twitter Reply With Quote
Thanked by:

sam028 
Site Moderator

Thanks Given: 3,825
Thanks Received: 4,629

Koepisch View Post
Hallo Raymond,

@sam028 @mattz: with direct use of CQG or Rithmic API that issue is a non brainer, right?

I didn't tested this case myself so I can't say for sure.
I had cases in the past with news traders unhappy with some trades and had to analyze if the communication latency was too high from their VPS and in each cases the stop was triggered much more quickly than these 200 ms.

Success requires no deodorant! (Sun Tzu)
Thanked by:
BMM73
Genova Italy

Thanks Given: 1
Thanks Received: 0

NinjaTrader View Post
  • Stops and targets are submitted once entry order is part filled or filled

does it mean that if a pending order is filled while my Ninja is offline I will not be protected by stop managed by ATM?

it seems a nightmare, what can we do to be safe?

Site Sponsor

BMM73 View Post
does it mean that if a pending order is filled while my Ninja is offline I will not be protected by stop managed by ATM?

it seems a nightmare, what can we do to be safe?

Yes, that's what it means and its not a problem at all since our customers are active traders that keep NinjaTrader online. If you have intentions of trading in a manner where you wish to turn off your trading platform, then I suggest submitting a stop order 1st, then a limit entry order. You would be safe to the downside with this approach.

Disclosure: This communication is sent to you by NinjaTrader, LLC, a software development company which owns and supports all proprietary technology relating to and including the NinjaTrader trading platform.
BMM73
Genova Italy

Thanks Given: 1

NinjaTrader View Post
Yes, that's what it means and it's not a problem at all since our customers are active traders that keep NinjaTrader online. If you have intentions of trading in a manner where you wish to turn off your trading platform, then I suggest submitting a stop order 1st, then a limit entry order. You would be safe to the downside with this approach.

I don't wish to turn off my platform, I am thinking about internet connection issues or other technical failures.

There is a way to automatize the approach you suggest to be used instead of vulnerable ATM strategies?

Is Ninjatrader going to fix this vulnerability of ATM strategies in the next future?

Site Sponsor

BMM73 View Post
I don't wish to turn off my platform, I am thinking about internet connection issues or other technical failures.

There is a way to automatize the approach you suggest to be used instead of vulnerable ATM strategies?

Is Ninjatrader going to fix this vulnerability of ATM strategies in the next future?

This is the best way if you are concerned about it. What I can say is in fifteen years of operation with north of several hundred thousand traders who have used the product, this corner case scenario has not been an issue. NinjaTrader is a client side application and thus is subject to any number of client side variables such as loss of internet connection, hardware vulnerabilities and local power outages.

sam028 
Site Moderator

Thanks Given: 3,825
Thanks Received: 4,629

BMM73 View Post

The ATM logic is help on the platform itself, it's not a vulnerability it is how it works.
An ATM is like a strategy, it's getting incoming data and use its internal logic to take buy/sell decisions, if you power off your desktop the strategy won't do its job.

Success requires no deodorant! (Sun Tzu)
 ramlamc6 
Valencia

Experience: Intermediate
Platform: ninjatrader
Trading: dax,Cl,Ym,Es
Thanks Given: 95

NinjaTrader View Post
Howard,

Thanks for reaching out. My team is looking at enhancing the existing Volume column to provide more flexibility in how a trader might want to visualize the data. Stay tuned.

Hello, definitely the Dom needs an update to be able to see the inside bid / offer and the market orders trades at that price like jigsaw style, sierra chart, Atas .......

It would be a great move for those of us who use the Dom

Will the update be possible?

Thanks

Site Sponsor

ramlamc6 View Post
Hello, definitely the Dom needs an update to be able to see the inside bid / offer and the market orders trades at that price like jigsaw style, sierra chart, Atas .......

It would be a great move for those of us who use the Dom

Will the update be possible?

Thanks

We have added this as a future feature to consider. In the meantime, here is a link to a vendor that offers 3rd party products that do what you are asking.

https://www.quantsparktechnology.com/superdomseries/

Last Updated on March 31, 2024

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts