NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

Ask Me Anything (AMA) with NinjaTrader Client Services

Discussion in NinjaTrader

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one NinjaTrader with 127 posts (151 thanks)
    2. looks_two Big Mike with 28 posts (57 thanks)
    3. looks_3 Silent warrior with 19 posts (3 thanks)
    4. looks_4 NT Brokerage with 16 posts (22 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one Big Mike with 2 thanks per post
    2. looks_two Blash with 1.6 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 NT Brokerage with 1.4 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 NinjaTrader with 1.2 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 209,823 views
    2. thumb_up 416 thanks given
    3. group 1,282 followers
    1. forum 511 posts
    2. attach_file 39 attachments

Search this Thread

Ask Me Anything (AMA) with NinjaTrader Client Services

Big Mike 
Manta, Ecuador
Site Administrator
Developer
Swing Trader

Experience: Advanced
Platform: Custom solution
Broker: IBKR
Trading: Stocks & Futures
Frequency: Every few days
Duration: Weeks
Thanks Given: 33,173
Thanks Received: 101,538

Hi guys,

It is my pleasure to welcome NinjaTrader Client Services on Wednesday, May 3rd @ 4:30 PM Eastern US for an "Ask Me Anything" (AMA) event.

Ray always does an excellent job with answering questions from members, so be sure to attend and get your questions answered live during the event!

Register for the event:
https://on.futures.io/1ozxz

Mike

We're here to help: just ask the community or contact our Help Desk

Quick Links: Change your Username or Register as a Vendor
Searching for trading reviews? Review this list
Lifetime Elite Membership: Sign-up for only $149 USD
Exclusive money saving offers from our Site Sponsors: Browse Offers
Report problems with the site: Using the NexusFi changelog thread
Follow me on Twitter Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Started this thread Reply With Quote
Thanked by:

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
Build trailing stop for micro index(s)
Psychology and Money Management
New Micros: Ultra 10-Year & Ultra T-Bond -- Live Now
Treasury Notes and Bonds
NT7 Indicator Script Troubleshooting - Camarilla Pivots
NinjaTrader
Better Renko Gaps
The Elite Circle
Exit Strategy
NinjaTrader

Best Threads (Most Thanked)
in the last 7 days on NexusFi
Get funded firms 2023/2024 - Any recommendations or word …
59 thanks
Funded Trader platforms
36 thanks
NexusFi site changelog and issues/problem reporting
22 thanks
The Program
20 thanks
GFIs1 1 DAX trade per day journal
19 thanks

Big Mike 
Manta, Ecuador
Site Administrator
Developer
Swing Trader

AMA Recording:

Mike

Follow me on Twitter Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Started this thread Reply With Quote
Thanked by:

Big Mike 
Manta, Ecuador
Site Administrator
Developer
Swing Trader

What did everyone think of the webinar?

Mike

xplorer 
London UK
Site Moderator

Experience: Beginner
Platform: CQG
Broker: S5
Trading: Futures
Thanks Given: 15,447
Thanks Received: 15,291

Respectfully, I do not have the time right now to sift through the webinar, but to anyone that did, were there questions about NT8 stability (see for reference) and were they addressed by Raymond?

Thanks to anyone that takes the time to respond.

Thanked by:
 soulfx 
London UK

Experience: Intermediate
Platform: Ninja
Trading: Currency Futures YM CL TF ES
Thanks Given: 11
Thanks Received: 7

I was unable to attend live but listened to the recording today. To be honest i was disappointed ; little to nothing was asked or mentioned on stability and the questions were very basic and perhaps mostly newbies attended ; it seemed few who attended and asked questions have had in depth use of this since beta (from what i could tell and from what questions were asked - perhaps not everyones question was asked ?) : it was more like a basic review of Ninja and some of the standard features. For anyone monitoring the Ninja forum the questions and context did not reflect what is being reported in the forum. I will say i am seeing improvement with the latest .6 release. That does not mean to say contentious and frustrating issues need to be addressed in detail but there is a balance and i dont feel there is much transparency being conveyed. It has been noted elsewhere in this forum some of the issues with OnRender() and performance and stability and these are improving but not all has been fixed ; unfortunately custom scripts and coders are to blame - but this cant be so when you look through the bug lists of the releases coming out.

my 2 cents

paps 
SF Bay Area + CA/US

Experience: None
Platform: TS, TOS, Ninja(Analytics)
Trading: NQ CL, ES when volatile mrkts
Thanks Given: 2,176
Thanks Received: 1,726

i did listen to parts of it recorded. I have not been actively trading on Ninja simply as when i started with Ninja7...it took me time to setup and was live. Then have slowly started cutting over some of my stuff to Ninja8. for me to use something is a long process and i do not anticipate using either ninja8 for active trade management next 6-12 odd months till everything i need on ninja8 is cutover from my indicator/analysis perspective. I do however have live logins for both platforms but will not be trading much on it. what i like about ninja is the no frills support i have been getting. email response is awesome and if i need remote help it's a phone call away.

My active trading on Ninja starts as soon as 100% of my stuff is cut over. my applications on Ninja8 over last few releases have been pretty stable.

having said the above.... i am super impressed about the capabilities on Ninja8. I am awestruck to say the least. I cannot share what i do....but if someone does work on OF there is tons of stuff under the hood. I also to love tick replay.

i have a couple questions though since i saw the webinar and was not sure on some of the things. I am using the Direct edition currently but can cutover anytime to a full paid version.

My Questions:-
1) Can i still be connected to Ninja Brokerage and get my Datafeed thru Continuum.....but route an Order to a TDAmeritrade/TOS IRA.

2) Is there some feature coming like Tick Replay for Market Depth. Could the platform store Level 2 ..or Depth Data. That would be something spectacular if possible either using something in the cloud or local.

3) I am a bracket trader simply as i dont trade fulltime. I hear lot of stuff on OCO's. My question if one is using the full paid version of Ninjatrader. Once an Market order is filled and an OCO is submitted....can the PC be shutdown such that orders auto execute according to set Stop/Limit of the bracketed OCO.

many thanks...cheers !! on a amazing platform. I am sure an issues will be resolved such that all are happy with performance

Thanked by:
 TimDouglas 
London U.K.

Experience: Beginner
Platform: NinjaTrader
Trading: Stocks
Thanks Given: 1
Thanks Received: 2

This thread highlights opinion of NT8 from a number of users who try to use anything other than basic functionality:

Trying to avoid NT8 crashes - Page 3 - [AUTOLINK]NinjaTrader[/AUTOLINK] Support Forum

xiaosi 
Brisbane, Queensland, Australia

Platform: JIGSAW/SIERRA CHART
Broker: MacQuarie Futures/AMP Clearing/CQG
Trading: HHI, HSI, FDAX
Thanks Given: 448
Thanks Received: 535

I'm stunned by all the problems and count myself very grateful for not having any issues. For the first time since buying my license in 2011 I've now been able to run 4 charts on 9-11 (over 50 charts total) markets plus run Jigsaw tools and a few other basic range tools all on the one machine. Well done Ninjatrader, cheers!

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	screens.jpg
Views:	734
Size:	307.3 KB
ID:	233567  
Follow me on Twitter Reply With Quote
Thanked by:
 jmont1 
New York, NY

Platform: NinjaTrader8
Broker: Data = Rithmic -- Gives 70 Level II Data
Trading: 6C (Low Margin,) 6E, CL, GC, ES and Maybe DX for smaller tick value
Thanks Given: 1,719
Thanks Received: 1,019

Ice has priced $US DX out of value for many small traders. Is there a good proxy for $US so traders can use it against the 6's (6A, B, ...)

brucerobinson 
Oxford Oxon./United Kingdom

Platform: NinjaTrader
Trading: Futures
Thanks Given: 23
Thanks Received: 27

I watched the replay.
Around 6 months ago I installed and tried to begin to migrate my NT7 Setup (user of 5 yrs) and rapidly reached the conclusion not any time soon, for a combination of points made already here above and on the NT8 Forum thread posted.
Those were, and, having revisited the thread posted above and to summarize, remain:
- those on the thread and other threads, who have substantial experience, are in the main still of the opinion that the product is not yet fit-for-purpose/general release as a commercial product
- Support's handling of problems reported is sub-par
- some third-party developers have experienced difficulties transitioning to 8. The gist of it seems to be Ninja says the developers are in error, developers say they identify problems Ninja have not or deny, and have not communicated/documented/given guidance. Not for me to comment, other than it isn't pretty and serves no one as Ninja, vendors and end-users are all stakeholders in a successful outcome

The AMA was 'fair enough' and as commented on - the event was for Ninja to put it out there and interested parties to ask questions, which were largely about features and functionality and addressed well.

The event apparently didn't attract anyone to attend and ask about the product's development problems still being experienced and whether it is in fact ready for market and should currently be being presented as such at such an event.
The number of users experiencing no difficulties and highly satisfied with NT8 may far exceed those on the thread posted above.

Having stimulated me to take another look, I'm no more encouraged to re-start migration, and maintain a watching brief meantime.

Last Updated on March 27, 2024

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts