NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

Ask Me Anything (AMA) with NinjaTrader Client Services

Discussion in NinjaTrader

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one NinjaTrader with 127 posts (151 thanks)
    2. looks_two Big Mike with 28 posts (57 thanks)
    3. looks_3 Silent warrior with 19 posts (3 thanks)
    4. looks_4 NT Brokerage with 16 posts (22 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one Big Mike with 2 thanks per post
    2. looks_two Blash with 1.6 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 NT Brokerage with 1.4 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 NinjaTrader with 1.2 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 214,012 views
    2. thumb_up 417 thanks given
    3. group 1,282 followers
    1. forum 513 posts
    2. attach_file 39 attachments

Search this Thread

Ask Me Anything (AMA) with NinjaTrader Client Services

Blash 
Chicago, IL
Legendary Market Chamois

Experience: None
Platform: NT8,NT7,TWS
Broker: InteractiveBrokers, S5T, IQFeed
Trading: The one I'm creating in the present....Index Futures mini/micro, ZF
Thanks Given: 7,341
Thanks Received: 4,518

Please forgive me for these next comments.....

But wow ...hard to believe some of these question. So very basic ...seems folks need to spend way more time exploring NT8.

For example: you can copy any indicator or drawing tool (or whatever for that matter) and make your own copy of it with any name you want..... mainly talking about drawing tools here... and then set up a diff hotkey just for that new tool... So if you want a horizontal line color red on F6 and a horizontal line color blue on F7 no problem.

Get one of these Designing, Manufacturing, Selling, and Supporting Specialized Computer Interface Devices

...and it's super easy.

Ron

...My calamity is My providence, outwardly it is fire and vengeance, but inwardly it is light and mercy...
The steed of this Valley is pain; and if there be no pain this journey will never end.
Buy Low And Sell High (read left to right or right to left....lol)
Follow me on Twitter Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Reply With Quote
Thanked by:

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
Pivot Indicator like the old SwingTemp by Big Mike
NinjaTrader
Exit Strategy
NinjaTrader
MC PL editor upgrade
MultiCharts
NT7 Indicator Script Troubleshooting - Camarilla Pivots
NinjaTrader
Better Renko Gaps
The Elite Circle

Best Threads (Most Thanked)
in the last 7 days on NexusFi
Diary of a simple price action trader
26 thanks
Just another trading journal: PA, Wyckoff & Trends
25 thanks
Tao te Trade: way of the WLD
23 thanks
My NQ Trading Journal
16 thanks
HumbleTraders next chapter
9 thanks
 iantg 
charlotte nc

Experience: Advanced
Platform: My Own System
Broker: Optimus
Trading: Emini (ES, YM, NQ, ect.)
Thanks Given: 90
Thanks Received: 1,148

I hate that I missed the webinar live (I watched it on replay), but I do have a question and I figured I would punt it out here because it is more of a feature request than anything else. With all the recent emphasis on level 2, Bid/ Ask data (version 12 does a great job adding new features in this regard) is there anyway we can get this data sped up and delivered a little faster?

Specifically what I mean is that the OnBarUpdate methods of GetCurrentBidVolume() and GetCurrentAsk() volume are still front running the OnMarketDepth volume updates by a considerable margin. So If I am tracking the volume on a specific bid price for example and this bid price is also the current bid... The OnBarUpdate method of GetCurrentBidVolume() will be ahead of what occurs using level 2 OnMarketDepth Volume update by anywhere from half a second to five seconds.

For example: Here we are tracking the same bid and ask price in both the OnBarUpdate and the OnMarketDepth.
In sequence it will often look like this:

Time:12:00: On Bar Update: GetCurrentBidVolume() = 100 GetCurrentAskVolume() = 50
Time: 12:00: OnMarketDepth Volume Updates: Bid Volume= 90 Ask Volume = 40
Time: 12:00: OnMarketDepth Volume Updates: Bid Volume= 95 Ask Volume = 45
Time: 12:01: OnMarketDepth Volume Updates: Bid Volume=100 Ask Volume = 50

So in this example the Bar will print a bid volume of 100 and ask volume of 50 during the OnBarUpdate, at this time the OnMarketDepth will show the volume at Bid = 90 and Ask = 50. After a few more updates to the level 2 data, this will finally show the same Bid = 100 and Ask = 50 that we observed 1 second earlier with the OnBarUpdate.

The lag here is around half a second up to 5 seconds typically with the GetCurrentBidVolume() always running ahead. Ideally there would be zero lag and these two events would occur at the same time, but the level 2 data would capture more granularity.

This may not be as much of a concern for chart traders but for high speed algo traders that model with level 2 data we are constantly lagging behind what is occurring and this impacts order execution speed.

Is this something that could be addressed in future releases or is this lagging by design in such a way that it would not ever be possible to sync up?

Thanks,

Ian

In the analytical world there is no such thing as art, there is only the science you know and the science you don't know. Characterizing the science you don't know as "art" is a fools game.
Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Reply With Quote

Silent warrior 
Boston, MA

Platform: NinjaTrader
Broker: Rithmic/IQFeed
Trading: ES, ZB, GC, 6E, CL
Thanks Given: 133
Thanks Received: 13

NinjaTrader View Post
Nothing has changed from my last post on this subject.

Really?!?

Sent from my iPhone using NexusFi mobile app

armystrong15 
Fort Knox, KY

Experience: Intermediate
Platform: Tradestation, NT8 Jigsaw
Broker: NinjaTrader, CQG
Trading: ES, NQ, RTY, CL , FGBL, FDAX, GC,
Thanks Given: 9
Thanks Received: 2

I"m not sure about anyone else but I'm super stocked about the new orderflow tools... How do I get them!!!! I already have a lifetime license !! I would like to play with the tools first before I make any comments.. thx

Follow me on Twitter Reply With Quote

NinjaTrader  NinjaTrader is an official Site Sponsor
Site Sponsor

Web: NinjaTrader
AMA: Ask Me Anything
Webinars: NinjaTrader Webinars
Elite offer: Click here

Thanks Given: 203
Thanks Received: 2,686

armystrong15 View Post
I"m not sure about anyone else but I'm super stocked about the new orderflow tools... How do I get them!!!! I already have a lifetime license !! I would like to play with the tools first before I make any comments.. thx

If you have a lifetime license, make sure you are on the latest version of NinjaTrader 8 and the tools will be available automatically in the Charts.

Disclosure: This communication is sent to you by NinjaTrader, LLC, a software development company which owns and supports all proprietary technology relating to and including the NinjaTrader trading platform.
 51smoker 
Ontario, Canada

Broker: GFF, IB
Trading: ES, NQ, GC, CL
Thanks Given: 1
Thanks Received: 1

Hi,

Do you know when volume profile indicator will be available in NT8? in this post, Ray said it would be available in R13 release, but I think it's not.
https://forum.ninjatrader.com/showthread.php?t=107060

Site Sponsor

51smoker View Post
Hi,

Do you know when volume profile indicator will be available in NT8? in this post, Ray said it would be available in R13 release, but I think it's not.
https://forum.ninjatrader.com/showthread.php?t=107060

I would say sometime in May in either R14 or R15.

Disclosure: This communication is sent to you by NinjaTrader, LLC, a software development company which owns and supports all proprietary technology relating to and including the NinjaTrader trading platform.

trendisyourfriend 
Quebec Canada
Market Wizard

Broker: AMP/CQG
Trading: ES, NQ, YM
Frequency: Daily
Duration: Minutes
Thanks Given: 4,174
Thanks Received: 6,019

Hello @NinjaTrader

I did install Ninjtrader 8 in early 2017 and when asked i did convert/import my Ninjatrader datas from version 7. The inslaller did it automatically. However, i am now ready to use version 8 but would like to know if i can instruct or force the latest installer to redo the import of my Ninjatrader 7. Should i just uninstall my old version of Ninjatrader 8 or do i need to play in the registry to force the inslaller to import my datas from version 7?

Site Sponsor

trendisyourfriend View Post
Hello @NinjaTrader

I did install Ninjtrader 8 in early 2017 and when asked i did convert/import my Ninjatrader datas from version 7. The inslaller did it automatically. However, i am now ready to use version 8 but would like to know if i can instruct or force the latest installer to redo the import of my Ninjatrader 7. Should i just uninstall my old version of Ninjatrader 8 or do i need to play in the registry to force the inslaller to import my datas from version 7?

Yes, uninstall NinjaTrader 8 plus manually delete the folder "My Documents\NinjaTrader 8" then re-install the latest version of NinjaTrader 8.

Thanked by:

Silent warrior 
Boston, MA

Broker: Rithmic/IQFeed
Trading: ES, ZB, GC, 6E, CL
Thanks Given: 133
Thanks Received: 13

Dear Mr. Deux,

Can you please enable a “Dollar Bar” option in NT8?

I will gladly provide the bibliography supporting it’s increasing adoption/usefulness in the quantitative world. If NT supports every conceivable Renko/Kagi variation, it should support Dollar bars.

Thank you in advance.

Last Updated on March 31, 2024

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts