NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

Ask Me Anything (AMA) with NinjaTrader Client Services

Discussion in NinjaTrader

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one NinjaTrader with 127 posts (151 thanks)
    2. looks_two Big Mike with 28 posts (57 thanks)
    3. looks_3 Silent warrior with 19 posts (3 thanks)
    4. looks_4 NT Brokerage with 16 posts (22 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one Big Mike with 2 thanks per post
    2. looks_two Blash with 1.6 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 NT Brokerage with 1.4 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 NinjaTrader with 1.2 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 214,673 views
    2. thumb_up 417 thanks given
    3. group 1,282 followers
    1. forum 513 posts
    2. attach_file 39 attachments

Search this Thread

Ask Me Anything (AMA) with NinjaTrader Client Services

NinjaTrader  NinjaTrader is an official Site Sponsor
Site Sponsor

Web: NinjaTrader
AMA: Ask Me Anything
Webinars: NinjaTrader Webinars
Elite offer: Click here

Thanks Given: 203
Thanks Received: 2,686

CarlosMartinez21 View Post
Good Day Ray,

When will NinjaTrader 8.0.16 version be released?

It was just released.

https://ninjatrader.com/support/helpGuides/nt8/en-us/?8_0_16_0.htm

Disclosure: This communication is sent to you by NinjaTrader, LLC, a software development company which owns and supports all proprietary technology relating to and including the NinjaTrader trading platform.
Follow me on Twitter Reply With Quote
Thanked by:

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
MC PL editor upgrade
MultiCharts
Trade idea based off three indicators.
Traders Hideout
Better Renko Gaps
The Elite Circle
NexusFi Journal Challenge - May 2024
Feedback and Announcements
How to apply profiles
Traders Hideout

Best Threads (Most Thanked)
in the last 7 days on NexusFi
Spoo-nalysis ES e-mini futures S&P 500
38 thanks
Just another trading journal: PA, Wyckoff & Trends
30 thanks
Tao te Trade: way of the WLD
24 thanks
Bigger Wins or Fewer Losses?
23 thanks
GFIs1 1 DAX trade per day journal
21 thanks
 vking27 
Pietermaritzburg, South Africa

Experience: Advanced
Platform: NinjaTrader, Sierra, MT4
Trading: Currency Futures, Forex
Thanks Given: 4
Thanks Received: 6

Blash View Post
Sorry I have to hit you with a dose of reality here but I consider it a favor.

Your problems are all user error.

You simply do not understand NinjaTrader well enough and your equipment is most probably not very robust.

Below is an image from Sept 17 of my 6 screen trading machine. NT8 is running 39 charts from 10 sec to weekly timeframes. All run just fine. Yes the RTH is closed in the pic but I assure you I run NT8 like this 23.5 hrs a day during the week. Plus Chrome with my news feed and PriceSquawk on 8 markets outside of NT8.

I have zero problems and 32 of these charts are tick base 10 of which have 10 days of tick data loaded.

I say this to you to help you understand that NT8 is a very fine piece of software. Superior IMHO to most.

You absolutely must know how to keep it running smoothly...healthy. AND you must have well written software running inside it. PERIOD THE END.

You only get what you pay for in this world. (Don't worry the spiritual world is very different but that is another story entirely.) Please don't think free indicators from the web are something you should be using, solely.

Ron

Blash. Thank you so much for your input. Your chart screen looks busy, way more than mine. After reading your post I started inspecting my workspaces and found out that the problem seemed to always occur if NT8 is either
  • 1. closed without first closing active/open workspace,
  • 2. I forcely close NT8 because its lagging which affects the current workspace or
  • 3. for some reason NT8 crashes with my workspace open
.... then, the next time I try to open NT, it acts up unil such a time I either recreate the workspace in question from scratch or I used an earler backed up version of this workspace before NT8 was abruptly shutdown as described above. So the key for me now, is to always always always back up my workspace, otherwise i might as well forget trading for the day until I resolve that issue.

Somehow I think the workspace xml are corrupted when NT shutsdown like this and anytime you try to use these workspaces again, it affects ninja's performance.

Your input really helped me a lot here with this issue. Thank you so much

This is my workspace

I mainly use MZPack orderflow indicators

Thanked by:

Site Sponsor

vking27 View Post
This is my workspace

I notice that you are using MZPack indicators. We have recently worked with three other customers that reported lagging and the common thread was they all used MZPack indicators. We isolated the lag to the MZPack indicators. Once removed, the lag was eliminated. For now, I would suggest reaching out to to this vendor and ask them what settings you can apply that might deliver you better performance.

Disclosure: This communication is sent to you by NinjaTrader, LLC, a software development company which owns and supports all proprietary technology relating to and including the NinjaTrader trading platform.
Thanked by:

Site Sponsor

vking27 View Post
Somehow I think the workspace xml are corrupted when NT shutsdown like this and anytime you try to use these workspaces again, it affects ninja's performance.

Workspace restore process, in general, would not impact run-time performance of NinjaTrader. Only run-time settings have an impact on general NinjaTrader performance. We would need to investigate both workspaces to understand the differences between them to diagnose what might be a contributing factor. Can you please send both of these workspaces to [email protected] ATTN: Brett so that it could be investigated.

Thank You.

Thanked by:

Blash 
Chicago, IL
Legendary Market Chamois

Experience: None
Platform: NT8,NT7,TWS
Broker: InteractiveBrokers, S5T, IQFeed
Trading: The one I'm creating in the present....Index Futures mini/micro, ZF
Thanks Given: 7,341
Thanks Received: 4,518

vking27 View Post
Blash. Thank you so much for your input. Your chart screen looks busy, way more than mine. After reading your post I started inspecting my workspaces and found out that the problem seemed to always occur if NT8 is either
  • 1. closed without first closing active/open workspace,
  • 2. I forcely close NT8 because its lagging which affects the current workspace or
  • 3. for some reason NT8 crashes with my workspace open
.... then, the next time I try to open NT, it acts up unil such a time I either recreate the workspace in question from scratch or I used an earler backed up version of this workspace before NT8 was abruptly shutdown as described above. So the key for me now, is to always always always back up my workspace, otherwise i might as well forget trading for the day until I resolve that issue.

Your input really helped me a lot here with this issue. Thank you so much

This is my workspace

I mainly use MZPack orderflow indicators

I definitely feel your pain.

I have stopped, after a friend, Kumar, told me almost a year ago not to change, make, alter, adjust or do anything at all to charts or any other NT8 tool i.e. Market Analyzer or what have you in my main workspace.

Before this I would have to remake my main workspace about every 3 or 4 weeks maybe sooner. As I understand it with the live market pouring in to NT8 and these charts crunching as they do... the more we change things the more messed up they can become.

I make or change charts in a throw away workspace.... save a new version of a chart template... and then go back to my main workspace to add only these chart templates.

This really helps.

As does repairing the Data Base..... closing NT8..... deleting the _Workspaces.xml file and then rebooting NT8.

I currently have a new piece of software, which has bugs, and it is messing up my life.....lol. BlackBird

Ron

...My calamity is My providence, outwardly it is fire and vengeance, but inwardly it is light and mercy...
The steed of this Valley is pain; and if there be no pain this journey will never end.
Buy Low And Sell High (read left to right or right to left....lol)
Follow me on Twitter Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Reply With Quote
 vking27 
Pietermaritzburg, South Africa

Experience: Advanced
Platform: NinjaTrader, Sierra, MT4
Trading: Currency Futures, Forex
Thanks Given: 4
Thanks Received: 6

Blash View Post
I definitely feel your pain.

I make or change charts in a throw away workspace.... save a new version of a chart template... and then go back to my main workspace to add only these chart templates.

Ron

Thank you so much. I will employ similar method when it starts doing this.

Otherwise I have optimized all my charts with settings the indicator vendor suggested I should try, and I think the current version (that I think was released last week), there was a lot improvements they have already implemented to improve performance.

Thanked by:
 b16aln 
London

Platform: ninjatrader
Trading: ftse100
Thanks Given: 11
Thanks Received: 23

b16aln View Post
Thanks

1956935 & 1933334 - IB and NT8 Forex P&L Incompatibility

1947386 - discussed the pop up errors Thu 30/08/2018 17:39 however the thread was mainly due to constant connection problems between NT8 and IB and IQfeed.

This is what I have to deal with every day when I log on to NT8...and this is the "expected behaviour"!

justin217 
Dunlap Illinois

Experience: Intermediate
Platform: NinjaTrader
Trading: YM
Thanks Given: 38
Thanks Received: 12

Hey guys & @NinjaTrader!

I watched the re-play of this webby and its great stuff! I think they did a great job on the volume profile tools!

However, nothing was mentioned about the footprints/orderprints on the actual bars? Has that already been released and I am just not aware of how it gets setup, or is that yet to come?

Also, does anyone know if the volume profile plots correctly with the UNIRENKO bars from the elite downloads section?

Thanks
Justin

Site Sponsor

justin217 View Post
Hey guys & @NinjaTrader!

I watched the re-play of this webby and its great stuff! I think they did a great job on the volume profile tools!

However, nothing was mentioned about the footprints/orderprints on the actual bars? Has that already been released and I am just not aware of how it gets setup, or is that yet to come?

Also, does anyone know if the volume profile plots correctly with the UNIRENKO bars from the elite downloads section?

Thanks
Justin

Yes, we have footprint charts. They are called Volumetrics bars.

https://ninjatrader.com/trading-platform/free-trading-charts/order-flow-trading/

Thanked by:

Blash 
Chicago, IL
Legendary Market Chamois

Platform: NT8,NT7,TWS
Broker: InteractiveBrokers, S5T, IQFeed
Trading: The one I'm creating in the present....Index Futures mini/micro, ZF
Thanks Given: 7,341
Thanks Received: 4,518

WOW WOW WOW @NinjaTrader

Great job with 8.0.16.1..............!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am very impressed. Seems like maybe you guys have begun a new philosophy.

For those who don't know about the changes.....here you go....

https://ninjatrader.com/support/helpGuides/nt8/en-us/?release_notes.htm

Ron

...My calamity is My providence, outwardly it is fire and vengeance, but inwardly it is light and mercy...
The steed of this Valley is pain; and if there be no pain this journey will never end.
Buy Low And Sell High (read left to right or right to left....lol)
Follow me on Twitter Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Reply With Quote
Thanked by:

Last Updated on March 31, 2024

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts