NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

Ask Me Anything (AMA) with NinjaTrader Client Services

Discussion in NinjaTrader

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one NinjaTrader with 127 posts (151 thanks)
    2. looks_two Big Mike with 28 posts (57 thanks)
    3. looks_3 Silent warrior with 19 posts (3 thanks)
    4. looks_4 NT Brokerage with 16 posts (22 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one Big Mike with 2 thanks per post
    2. looks_two Blash with 1.6 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 NT Brokerage with 1.4 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 NinjaTrader with 1.2 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 214,673 views
    2. thumb_up 417 thanks given
    3. group 1,282 followers
    1. forum 513 posts
    2. attach_file 39 attachments

Search this Thread

Ask Me Anything (AMA) with NinjaTrader Client Services

NinjaTrader  NinjaTrader is an official Site Sponsor
Site Sponsor

Web: NinjaTrader
AMA: Ask Me Anything
Webinars: NinjaTrader Webinars
Elite offer: Click here

Thanks Given: 203
Thanks Received: 2,686

trymph View Post
Just wondering what was the first ISV platform that Ray wrote an API connection? I mean back in the very earliest days? Hope this isnt too off the wall....

Thanks

The first API I wrote to was Interactive Broker back in June of 2003. A year later, I wrote to Patsystems (the dominant ISV at FCM's back then) and MB Trading.

Disclosure: This communication is sent to you by NinjaTrader, LLC, a software development company which owns and supports all proprietary technology relating to and including the NinjaTrader trading platform.
Follow me on Twitter Reply With Quote
Thanked by:

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
NT7 Indicator Script Troubleshooting - Camarilla Pivots
NinjaTrader
Pivot Indicator like the old SwingTemp by Big Mike
NinjaTrader
Exit Strategy
NinjaTrader
MC PL editor upgrade
MultiCharts
Better Renko Gaps
The Elite Circle

Best Threads (Most Thanked)
in the last 7 days on NexusFi
Spoo-nalysis ES e-mini futures S&P 500
29 thanks
Just another trading journal: PA, Wyckoff & Trends
25 thanks
Tao te Trade: way of the WLD
24 thanks
Bigger Wins or Fewer Losses?
23 thanks
GFIs1 1 DAX trade per day journal
17 thanks

chipwitch 
Nashville, TN

Experience: Beginner
Platform: NinjaTrader
Broker: NinjaTrader, Continuum Data
Trading: MES for now... baby steps
Thanks Given: 230
Thanks Received: 631

I have a lifetime license for NT8. The NT DOM leaves much to be desired. I am trying to get setup with Sierra Chart to use their DOM but I don't want to open another account through them to get the "non-professional" data prices. Overall, I am actually pretty happy with NT as a broker and a platform and would prefer to not have to move my account.

SC claims that I should be able to get my broker to give me my CQG login and password and set it up to be used with SC. From there, SC's "DTC Server" can apparently then be used by NT platform as a data source. At least, that is how I understand it.

Is this possible? Are there any drawbacks to doing it this way? Would I still be able to manage all my trade orders from NT? Use automated strategies? ATMs etc?

NT Brokerage  NT Brokerage is an official Site Sponsor
Site Sponsor

Web: NT Brokerage
Webinars: NT Brokerage Webinars

Thanks Given: 0
Thanks Received: 249

chipwitch View Post
I have a lifetime license for NT8. The NT DOM leaves much to be desired. I am trying to get setup with Sierra Chart to use their DOM but I don't want to open another account through them to get the "non-professional" data prices. Overall, I am actually pretty happy with NT as a broker and a platform and would prefer to not have to move my account.

SC claims that I should be able to get my broker to give me my CQG login and password and set it up to be used with SC. From there, SC's "DTC Server" can apparently then be used by NT platform as a data source. At least, that is how I understand it.

Is this possible? Are there any drawbacks to doing it this way? Would I still be able to manage all my trade orders from NT? Use automated strategies? ATMs etc?

Thanks for the post. We have sent you a Direct Message to assist.

Risk Disclosure: Futures and forex trading involves significant risk of loss and is not appropriate for everyone.
Thanked by:
 shortcreeker 
salt Lake city Utah

Experience: Intermediate
Platform: Ninjatrader
Trading: gc, cl, nq
Thanks Given: 41
Thanks Received: 109

Any idea when we can expect NinjaTrader to support market depth beyond 10 levels using IQFeed?

Site Sponsor

shortcreeker View Post
Any idea when we can expect NinjaTrader to support market depth beyond 10 levels using IQFeed?

Not guaranteed but on our list for review for the next version of NinjaTrader.

Disclosure: This communication is sent to you by NinjaTrader, LLC, a software development company which owns and supports all proprietary technology relating to and including the NinjaTrader trading platform.
diegobernardes
Portugal, Lisbon

Thanks Given: 2
Thanks Received: 2

Any plans for other OS support? macOS, linux, etc?

bkool 
Israel

Experience: Intermediate
Platform: ninjatrader
Thanks Given: 17
Thanks Received: 9

Hi,
I have created an indicator on NT8 that produces entry signals which may be suitable for HFT.
I found some HFT guys that were interested, but asked me to validate the accuracy of the signals on a tick & millisecond levels beyond the NT system.

My question: how is it possible, if at all, to stripdown the NT script and run it on a different system such as visual studio, excel or else?
The script includes several range frames working in parallel.

Thanks ...

Site Sponsor

diegobernardes View Post
Any plans for other OS support? macOS, linux, etc?

NinjaTrader uses Microsoft .NET Framework that does not run natively on MAC/Linux. You can, however, run NinjaTrader on those OS through the use of 3rd party platforms such as Parallels and Bootcamp for MAC and Wine for Linux.

That said, the Tradovate platform (acquired by NinjaTrader earlier this year) does support MAC/Linux natively.

Site Sponsor

bkool View Post
Hi,
I have created an indicator on NT8 that produces entry signals which may be suitable for HFT.
I found some HFT guys that were interested, but asked me to validate the accuracy of the signals on a tick & millisecond levels beyond the NT system.

My question: how is it possible, if at all, to stripdown the NT script and run it on a different system such as visual studio, excel or else?
The script includes several range frames working in parallel.

Thanks ...

The simple high level answer is that it's not.

diegobernardes
Portugal, Lisbon

Thanks Given: 2
Thanks Received: 2

NinjaTrader View Post
NinjaTrader uses Microsoft .NET Framework that does not run natively on MAC/Linux. You can, however, run NinjaTrader on those OS through the use of 3rd party platforms such as Parallels and Bootcamp for MAC and Wine for Linux.

That said, the Tradovate platform (acquired by NinjaTrader earlier this year) does support MAC/Linux natively.

Maybe this is too much of a change for NT8 but if you guys ever do the 9th release it would be awesome to use the .Net Core as it runs natively on Linux and macOS. Of course this is not a small change and will impact other things like the UI that may be hard coded for Windows. Anyways, just some ideas.

Thanked by:

Last Updated on March 31, 2024

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts