NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

EOT pro webinar from Thursday July 23 2009

Discussion in Trading Reviews and Vendors

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one Big Mike with 5 posts (2 thanks)
    2. looks_two Richard with 4 posts (6 thanks)
    3. looks_3 pedroxp with 3 posts (0 thanks)
    4. looks_4 kronie with 3 posts (0 thanks)
    1. trending_up 10,400 views
    2. thumb_up 8 thanks given
    3. group 8 followers
    1. forum 25 posts
    2. attach_file 1 attachments

Search this Thread

EOT pro webinar from Thursday July 23 2009

Richard
Dallas TX/USA

Thanks Given: 33
Thanks Received: 284

Zoethecus View Post
It's a hokey and unprofessional way of soliticing in my opinion. Why the need to do this if money is dropping off the trees there?

I can assure you that they don't think of a slogan contest as something they "need to do." To them it's just fun. Besides, if there were only one trader left that didn't subscribe, EOT would advertise to try to get them. That's just business.

Zoethecus View Post
And yes, I hold 99% of educational vendors in low esteem. Sorry if this offends you.

Blanket statements like that just needlessly close doors. I am far better off for the industry contacts I have made, and the ones that deserve to be held in low esteem show themselves as such quickly enough without me having to paint everyone with the same brush. Caution is warranted in all business transactions, but it seems that on anonymous internet forums it needlessly degrades to paranoia and outright hostility.

Thanked by:

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
PowerLanguage & EasyLanguage. How to get the platfor …
EasyLanguage Programming
Trade idea based off three indicators.
Traders Hideout
Pivot Indicator like the old SwingTemp by Big Mike
NinjaTrader
REcommedations for programming help
Sierra Chart
Increase in trading performance by 75%
The Elite Circle

Best Threads (Most Thanked)
in the last 7 days on NexusFi
Just another trading journal: PA, Wyckoff & Trends
30 thanks
Spoo-nalysis ES e-mini futures S&P 500
28 thanks
Tao te Trade: way of the WLD
24 thanks
Bigger Wins or Fewer Losses?
20 thanks
GFIs1 1 DAX trade per day journal
16 thanks

kronie 
NYC + NY / USA

Experience: Advanced
Platform: "I trade, therefore, I AM!"; Theme Song: "Atomic Dog!"
Trading: EMD, 6J, ZB

Richard View Post
I know, it really hurt to see what they did with arrows4, which was totally against the philosophy I had put into the original. You can see my original arrows4 intro where I focus on NOT having tons of inputs to mess with. They took a step backwards, in my opinion.

Not actually true on ninja, where VR4x2 is realtime-only. You could do it on multicharts, though.

so on a stored days data (ticks included), one could not engage in replay of a prior day and run through test?

max-td 
Frankfurt

Experience: Intermediate
Platform: NinjaTrader
Trading: FGBL 6E B4
Thanks Given: 2,309
Thanks Received: 927

in NinjaTrader - No
in Multichart - Yes

max-td

kronie 
NYC + NY / USA

Platform: "I trade, therefore, I AM!"; Theme Song: "Atomic Dog!"
Trading: EMD, 6J, ZB

Richard View Post
Sorry if I offend you, but I think your post is a sad statement on the average forum participant... always assuming the worst about educational vendors with no actual facts to back up your statements.

At least while I was with them, business was going so well it was a pain to deal with all the customers. I had no free time left, which is one reason why I left despite all the money that was pouring in.

Bill can't sit still. Always wants to try something new. Chances are one of EOT's clients suggested this and Bill loved it. Like you said, it was a creative thing to do, which probably appealed to him.

Richard

couple of questions,

they have a predictive indicator that works (display wise, whether or not it works in reality is to be seen, its not released yet) that works on longer term charts (15mins) and less so on shorter term charts (5mins or less).

is this unique to them?, or others have something of this?, I thought I saw this and others gave up trying to project a possible direction that the current point would be going forward

also, can you pm me with an alterntive to eot?

sorry for being so blunt or just putting it out there, as it were

Richard
Dallas TX/USA

Thanks Given: 33
Thanks Received: 284

kronie View Post
is this unique to them?, or others have something of this?, I thought I saw this and others gave up trying to project a possible direction that the current point would be going forward

The one that EOT was playing with when I left was a prototype developed by a small canadian company, using fourier analysis. Looked pretty text-book to me, but they may have improved on it since then. There is a huge literature on Time-Series Forecasting, but you have to be kinda math-savvy to understand it.

That little company is certainly not the only one doing forecasting. It's something I plan to have a go at, in the future. Right now I'm too busy with other stuff. Google would know far more than I would about what others have.

kronie View Post

That's a weird request. What are you looking for... a live room? Or a workable indicator set? Or an educational experience? or ... ? I mean, one alternative to EOT is eating a hamburger, but that's only better if you are wanting a hamburger.

Thanked by:

Big Mike 
Manta, Ecuador
Site Administrator
Developer
Swing Trader

Platform: Custom solution
Broker: IBKR
Trading: Stocks & Futures
Frequency: Every few days
Duration: Weeks
Thanks Given: 33,215
Thanks Received: 101,600

kronie View Post

Richard View Post
That's a weird request. What are you looking for... a live room? Or a workable indicator set? Or an educational experience? or ... ? I mean, one alternative to EOT is eating a hamburger, but that's only better if you are wanting a hamburger.

LOL That made me laugh...

Mike

We're here to help: just ask the community or contact our Help Desk

Quick Links: Change your Username or Register as a Vendor
Searching for trading reviews? Review this list
Lifetime Elite Membership: Sign-up for only $149 USD
Exclusive money saving offers from our Site Sponsors: Browse Offers
Report problems with the site: Using the NexusFi changelog thread
Follow me on Twitter Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Started this thread Reply With Quote

Last Updated on December 8, 2009

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts