NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

Lawrence Chan & Daytrading Bias - Review (www.daytradingbias.com)

Discussion in Trading Reviews and Vendors

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one Howard Roark with 11 posts (5 thanks)
    2. looks_two ninjated with 3 posts (1 thanks)
    3. looks_3 Big Mike with 3 posts (6 thanks)
    4. looks_4 OneEye with 3 posts (2 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one profitpilgrim with 11 thanks per post
    2. looks_two JBWTrader with 5 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 Big Mike with 2 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 Howard Roark with 0.5 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 17,454 views
    2. thumb_up 61 thanks given
    3. group 472 followers
    1. forum 37 posts
    2. attach_file 0 attachments

Search this Thread

Lawrence Chan & Daytrading Bias - Review (www.daytradingbias.com)

Howard Roark
Oslo Norway

Thanks Given: 393
Thanks Received: 532

rstrau View Post
Hi Howard:

He has a lot of setups where you go long or short at the market on the open and hold the whole day. I am more of a scalper.

Did you get any impression if these signals/setups actually were profitable?

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
NT7 Indicator Script Troubleshooting - Camarilla Pivots
NinjaTrader
ZombieSqueeze
Platforms and Indicators
REcommedations for programming help
Sierra Chart
MC PL editor upgrade
MultiCharts
What broker to use for trading palladium futures
Commodities

Howard Roark
Oslo Norway

Thanks Given: 393
Thanks Received: 532

I'm considering a trial starting this week.

Thanked by:
 AtpGu4Y 
Chicago, IL

Experience: Beginner
Platform: TradeStation, NinjaTrader
Trading: ES, Micro ES
Thanks Given: 11
Thanks Received: 4

Howard Roark View Post
I'm considering a trial starting this week.

Hi Howard,

I was considering the trial as well, what did you think?

I'm also trying to get some feedback on the classes, but I'm having a hard time finding anything.

Sent using the NexusFi mobile app

Thanked by:

faithdefender 
Salem VA USA

Experience: Intermediate
Platform: Oanda, NT8, TradingView
Broker: Oanda, TorS
Trading: Stocks, Currency Futures
Thanks Given: 131
Thanks Received: 117

Which one of you wants to be the "tester" in order to save the next person money?

Thanked by:
 AtpGu4Y 
Chicago, IL

Platform: TradeStation, NinjaTrader
Trading: ES, Micro ES
Thanks Given: 11
Thanks Received: 4

faithdefender View Post
Which one of you wants to be the "tester" in order to save the next person money?

I just recently found FIO. Unfortunately, this was well after the webinar and $50 trial.

After reading everything @profitpilgrim was kind enough to provide, I'm still considering the membership. (If I do, I will let everyone know how it goes).

Thanked by:
 sammysam 
North Canton Ohio

Platform: Ninja
Broker: Zen Fire/ Mirus
Trading: ES
Thanks Given: 338
Thanks Received: 71

very gracious of you my good man! thank you

Thanked by:

panjm 
Singapore

Platform: MT4
Trading: Forex
Thanks Given: 262
Thanks Received: 468

AtpGu4Y View Post
I just recently found FIO. Unfortunately, this was well after the webinar and $50 trial.

After reading everything @profitpilgrim was kind enough to provide, I'm still considering the membership. (If I do, I will let everyone know how it goes).

There is still a $50 link:
Join Us To Become a Profitable Emini Day Trader | DaytradingBias.com

Although I did not try it myself.

Thanked by:

forgiven 
Fletcher NC
Market Wizard

Platform: nijia trader
Broker: A.M.P. I.Q. ....C.Q.G.
Trading: ym es
Frequency: Every few days
Duration: Days
Thanks Given: 287
Thanks Received: 581

profitpilgrim View Post
I'm taking time here to give a heads up to those asking to know more about Lawrence Chan's service from someone with an intimate knowledge of premium membership. He doesn't know I'm making this post. I've never met him and only briefly spoken with him once over the phone (about a technical platform issue), and that was about 10 years ago, BUT I have been a premium member from the inception of his daytradingbias service. I'm 69 and have been around the industry a long time and appraised many vendors. I've listened to the short webinar and see a need to explain in my own words what its like to be a premium member.

The first and highest value I place on premium membership is access to his typed, real time commentary on ES and NQ running about 9:15 ET to 10:30 or 11:00 then usually resuming in a check back and refinement of his prognosis at noon. Length varies depending on the market. His opening pre-market comments are profoundly well-informed in anticipating the day. He usually defines what the confirmations would be in price action for the market to go up or down, referencing real-time self-adjusting S/R levels based on his book "Special Theory of Price Discovery." He has an uncanny ability to recognize who is in control, what time-frame players are dominant, and how the day may unfold. He tends to focus on trading the larger intraday swings, giving expected targets.

Those S/R levels appear in two ES and NQ Price Levels charts that premium members can open on our own screens, along with two other windows, Es Real-Time Trading Assistant, which fires realtime signals from his many statistically-verified indicators while also showing a few key, changing market metrics, and the Emini S&P Real-Time Custom Market Breadth window, which is something he developed to create a superior $TICK, divergence which is a strong tell for market reversal marked real-time on the chart.

Lawrence is effectively a high-end hedge fund manager who has reached a level of advanced automation and intense, historically-verified backtesting that he has been generously sharing with retail traders. His website cost over $100,000 to develop that capability and for years it cost next to nothing to enjoy his magnanimous services. He's finally moved up to charging more realistic prices for his lifetime of advanced attainment and the courses he's put together to systematically teach traders how to succeed as a business.

I introduced a man who was my trading partner for awhile in Skype, who also happens to be the Client Service Mgr. of an expensive trading suite, to Lawrence's services a few months ago. He wrote me last week (without any inquiry on my part), "It's amazing how "naked" I feel without Lawrence's commentary. I am so tempted to invest in his emini daytrading course. I've been mulling it over lately."

There is an inexhaustible wealth of insight on his website that shows the stats on almost every tradeable aspect of the markets. I think the reason daytradingbias has been a sleeper in the industry is because he has not made himself audibly available, as he has a strong Chinese accent. For example this futures.io webinar is only 1 of 2 I'm aware of his ever making. The other webinar was for premium members explaining just 2 indicators, Bull Charge and Bear Strike, showing different equity curves backtested over a decade depending on the various ways they are traded. These are "tells" in the market appearing often at 9:45 or 10, with beautiful equity curves, just a few of his indicators that detect events, which print their signals in Real-Time Trading Assistant, often along with the % odds ES or NQ will reach a certain price that day. Advanced stuff.

I presumptuously thought I already knew "The Art of Chart Reading" but upon reading the book discovered it has keen insights into how more precisely to define patterns and how to manage in terms of projection where targets should be, as well as how to cascade multiple time frames when a "waterfall" sets up where smaller time frames trigger larger time frame cycle extension.

Don't let the specials fool you. The one week $1 price belies the value. "The Art of Chart Reading" is well-worth more than the regular price of $38, and a chance to explore his Premium serve for 75% discount (effectively $50), to load the real-time charts, to follow his live, printed chat commentary, to watch the same market breadth that the institutions he has served are using, and to watch the ES NQ real-time levels list where they converge to create strong S/R levels, automatically marked with deepening shades of red, based on the extent of convergence, will help those exploring daytradingbias analyze the extent of what they're missing.

I've missed a morning of prime time trading to make this post but its my payback to the modest Lawrence Chan by sharing with you that the rarely heard voice you heard in this webinar is that of a man who created his own trading platform to do advanced market analysis for institutional clients. Unlike most vendors, he's coming from a position of success to share with retail traders how to beat the institutions at a game with tools he has provided them as his clients, as he disclosed in the webinar with respect to the Real-Time Market Breadth.

Those relatively few of us who know who he is won't be benefited by his becoming know to a broader field of traders who begin to also interact with him, but such is my level of gratitude for what he's done for me, and my respect for the spirit of futures.io to give back to this community what it has provided me.

does he have his dome up for the world to see him trading size in his own account during the time periods you referenced . has he showed his third party audited brokerage statements where he has made tons of money trading this system. back tested results do not mean much .

Follow me on Twitter Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Reply With Quote

Last Updated on February 23, 2021

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts